View Poll Results: Would this guy look more ...

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

0 0%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • INFP

0 0%
  • INFJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • He looks like an extravert ...

0 0%
  • 93 100.00%

Thread: Another guess my type

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another guess my type ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has a small underbite with his lower lip and speaks a tad monotone

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTP ... you guys are slow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not good at VI and I'm not sure how much I believe in it. So far I can type ISFPs really well but facially I confuse ESFPs with ISFPs sometimes. That's why I like to do more bahavioral analysis as it seems more objective to me especially considering my infamiliarity with VI.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure this guy is an INTP ... I have known him for two years and everything that I have read concerning V.I. and INTPs fits him like glove.

However, the V.I. definition does not fit me totally ... makes me wonder if all the test I have taken have mistyped me or whether I have somehow psycobabeled myself into constantly choosing the choices I knew would come out as INTJ ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe you but see you have known him for two years. For me to try to extract the same information from a picture seems... murky. Maybe I will post a picture of myself in the future. I dunno what kind of features I have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Another guess my type ...

Thinking about prognathism and the famous Habsburg jaw, a genetically inherited feature.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhh, we have someone that deviated from INTP already ... I'm going to have to go do some reasearch to figure out why.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to know who it was that voted this guy and INFJ ... whoever they are, they know their stuff. I think that I am wrong now that this guy is an INTP, even after knowing him for two years. I read the INFJ section at the socionics website, and there are some things there that are definatelly him ...

I'll post and underline.

INFJs have a very characteristic dispassionate facial expression. This is often reminiscent of the depiction of saints and martyrs from early Christian icons. Their faces convey the feeling that their soul is suffering even when it is not. INFJs faces are often perfect ovals but can be rectangular in shape as well. Their noses are usually straight and slightly elongated, but not prominent.

INFJs do not show intense positive emotions, instead they simply smile. All their facial expressions openly reproach nefarious happenings. The same can be noticed in their intonation. In many cases INFJs have a slim, ascetic figure. Their movements are often quite harsh although not lacking mobility. INFJs with more fuller figures are less mobile and active. When walking, INFJs may keep their feet close and parallel to the ground, maintaining a short distance between each step.

INFJs are generally very modest, which is also noticeable in their choice of clothes. However from time to time they may wear something very flashy according to the latest fashion especially is noticeable in males. INFJs prefer to observe people for sometime before making contact in order to identify social hierarchy in a group. Normally INFJs do not show initiative when making contact for the first time.

INFJs can be very touchy and this may strain the easy atmosphere of a conversation. Sometimes they adopt a monotone speech pattern that can snuff out all playfulness in others. INFJs have a special ability to listen to people and as a result they are often asked for advice or sympathy. They never push people away and are always prepared to listen for as long as it takes to make others feel better, even if they theoretically have better things to do. INFJs are always ready to help friends in difficult life situations. They care not with words but with real actions.

INFJs do not really make good cheats or frauds. This however, does not stop them from trying sometimes. And even if they do, they are likely to feel pretty bad about themselves afterwards. This gives INFJs a reputation as naive and impractical people. INFJs are very conscientious in their work . They do everything carefully, paying great attention to the quality of their labour. INFJs demand cleanliness and order. At home they tend to keep everything tidy, carefully storing their belonging, especially females INFJs. They like a calm and measured style of life and therefore try to prepare and anticipate everything beforehand, often making them quite reliable.

INFJs know how to establish peace between conflicting sides. They take a neutral position in the conflict, often being fired upon from both sides. They rarely push, shout or show aggressiveness. Instead they punish offenders by completely ignoring them until they realise their mistakes and apologise. INFJs do not like to project themselves: when everybody works, they work too, when everybody rests, they rest too. INFJs often cannot stand violence, conflict and graphic depiction of injuries.

Everything I have underlined I have observed ... he more than likely is an INFJ ...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted INFj simply because that choice "resonated" with me; I didn't use any sort of referential method.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    I voted INFj simply because that choice "resonated" with me; I didn't use any sort of referential method.
    Actually, I think it is a very good choice and more close than INTP now that I have researched it out ... for example, I have noted in some other pictures of INFJs that they have some sort of eye expression much like a scared rabbit looks or like someone is going to hit them or like they are sorrowful...

For example, this guy who tested INFJ ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typed as an INFJ until I can further interview him in person ...

Creepy-Monica

I have noted in some other pictures of INFJs that they have some sort of eye expression much like a scared rabbit looks or like someone is going to hit them or like they are sorrowful...
    From my own personal "experiments" I would have to say that there is nothing to V.I. and type. But hey I do agree with the "sorrowful" look thing. :wink:

My facial features are like Charlize Theron's but there is a supermodel that people say that I resemble alot. And neither of them are INFJ. But there is a model that is INFJ but she doesn't look like me.

Basically, other levels of the pysche manifests themselves in your body build and physical appearance. People that look alike do share certain personality traits. So one's appearance does reflects things about certain aspects of their personality but not "type".

I really like socionics but sometimes this system treats people as if they are one dimensional...but we are much more complex than that. And now I understand why Jung ended up getting into astrology!

Well, anyways I've been down this road before so I wish you luck with your research!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where is the truth?
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the more I research this the more I am finding out that the way you look does in fact give a hugh red waving flag as to a persons type. I think A.I. is mostly useful after realizing that there are certain physical traits that are more dominant in some types than others and understanding the patterns to the traits in relation to the diffrent types. It has nothing to do with sterotyping, just observing the patterns and using them as a springboard for identification.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

For example, this guy who tested INFJ ...
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ONICS/INFJ.jpg
    This person on this image has a striking resemblence to a someone who had a relation with a girl I know, who definately (so far considered and even tested) is an INFJ. However, that person who looks as the one on the image, doesn´t seem to be a INFJ.
    Rather a (reversed dual-profile) ISTP, due to stories told by the INFJ-girl about the persons behaviour. (Although.. I sometimes wonder... what is true and what is not true, what you hear about other people.)

Reverse Dual-Profiles as described in http://www.dualprofiles.com/

"Similarities

People who look strikingly alike share the same dual-profile and reverse dual-profile"
    Wonder why and if I have to be an INTJ or how to do the best of it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have a picture of a former roommate I thought abour typing as an INFJ on my website because he had the same odd little eye thing going on like with the INFJs, except that the guy lives like a hermit and is super messy. It is odd you said that because I was deciding whether to really put him on as an on putting him on as an ISTP reight before I read this! Weird coincidence!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow

Reverse Dual-Profiles as described in http://www.dualprofiles.com/

"Similarities

People who look strikingly alike share the same dual-profile and reverse dual-profile"
    Thinking about families where patterns around the children are disposed
    to create either type of dual-personalities.
    Wonder why and if I have to be an INTJ or how to do the best of it.