Thread: Type and disease?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type and disease?

Does anyone think that they are related? For example, schizophrenia patients sound exactly like the stereotypical INTP (poor interpersonal skills, cold and aloof, thought processes jump around on tangents, throws temper tantrums, retreats to their own fantasy world, believes that people can read their thoughts, sometimes stops in the middle of speaking and doesn't remember what they were thinking about, little verbal expression, unintelligable mumbling, makes up their own words or redefines words differently from other people, etc...). I mean, how could a schizophrenic person not be INTP by this description?

Are there any other ones?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude that could easily be an INTj/ENTp, too.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTP? No way.

INTJ? Maybe. I don't see INTJs as throwing temper tantrums however, nor do I see them as disorganized, and their thought processes aren't as likely to have the "Knight thought process" (jumping around) of schizophrenic patients. There is also something about the dellusional world and hallucinations that seem way way way more Ni than anything else.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i´ll agree that ENTp = a stretch! INTj, i could definitely see. to me, in face to face conversation, the INTjs i know can sound really disjointed and disorganized. like they do well with written word (arguing in essay format) but when i'm listening to them face to face it takes a long time for them to get out whatever it is they want to say, and it´s not always the most accessible thing to listen to.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i´ll agree that ENTp = a stretch! INTj, i could definitely see. to me, in face to face conversation, the INTjs i know can sound really disjointed and disorganized. like they do well with written word (arguing in essay format) but when i'm listening to them face to face it takes a long time for them to get out whatever it is they want to say, and it´s not always the most accessible thing to listen to.
    Ehh, that's not the same as being schizophrenic. To the person, they don't even know what they mean. Like, they may think that some outside force has "implanted" a thought into their heads. Weird stuff like that.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of mental diseases are genetic, schzophrenia for one is thought to be inheritable http://www.schizophrenia.com/research/hereditygen.htm

On some of the web pages I've seen about socionics, a mental illness is atributed to each type. From what I've seen in the people that I've typed in my life is that they exhibit the mental disorder traits when under extream stress.

For INTj, at least according to this site the mental disease is schizotypal. I'll admit that under extream duress I exhibit:

odd beliefs or magical thinking that influences behavior and is inconsistent with subcultural norms (e.g., superstitiousness, belief in clairvoyance, telepathy, or "sixth sense"; in children and adolescents, bizarre fantasies or preoccupations);
    unusual perceptual experiences, including bodily illusions
    suspiciousness or paranoid ideation

But only under extream duress. For my ESTp husband Narcissistic behavior is normal (IMO) but he exhibits the disease under stress, same for my ENFp friend and paranoid personality disorder.

So my point is that each type will show signs of certain mental diseases under stress, but that dosen't mean that they have those diseases. And any type can get a disease if geneticaly predisposed for it.
    Well, that's my opnion anyways.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A schizophrenic seems to me to be very highly similar to a "conscious" sleepwalker. Personally, I believe schizophrenia to be that state of sleepwalking, or living in a nighttime dream and still being consciously functional.

I mean, I've noticed that when I have a first-person dream, it is exactly like being schizophrenic. Schizophrenics are marked by incoherent sentences and logic, as well as jumps in context. Isn't this a dream? Dream logic, when you're explaining things, is incoherent when you wake up. Dreams often change scenes and contexts unexpectedly and randomly.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Schizophrenics are marked by incoherent sentences and logic, as well as jumps in context. Isn't this a dream?
    Yes.

But my question to you is; isn't it very as well?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop INTp bashing!

I thing schizophrenia is related just to one type.
    "Wenn der Deutsche in einen Satz taucht, dann hat man ihn die längste Zeit gesehen, bis er auf der anderen Seite des Ozeans wieder auftaucht mit seinem Verb im Mund." - Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I INTP bashing?

Do you not think these qualities sound like ones associated with INTPs? Let's put it this way. If you met people who had all of these traits, what types would you think they could be? INFP? That seems to me to be the only other probable type.

BTW, you could also say I have Sensory Modulation Disorder. Stupid .
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj and Asperger's Syndrome
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about OCD?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah... I can't picture OCD resembling any particular type, though it would make an irrational type appear to be an extreme rational type.
    SEE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    What about OCD?
    Could that be, ESTJ? my mate sometimes displays traits like this..

I can definately relate to the ENFP paranoid disorder could see it.

The ESFP i know i fear has Histrionic personality disorder with borderline traits so that also follows her personality type.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grrrr when you say "mate" I'm like "omg that's cool" and then I remember that you just mean "friend"

does anyone else find "mate" the best way to describe the person they're in a long term relationship with?
    SEE

Creepy-bg

I talk to alot of UK and Austrailian people on the Doctor Who forums so I've just gotten used to mate=friend. Besides I never liked mate in the other sense... it's like calling sex relations. just seems pretentous or prude to me somehow.

Creepy-pokeball

Im used to it, Joy. My brother's GF is Aussie and due to the net. It took me a while to know what ta meant. I thought the person I was talking to in games was a bit... uhm... dumb. They were thanking me

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"boyfriend" sounds juvenile
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

Why?

"And this is my brother's girlfriend, Laura."

Ive said it a few times. It sounds boring and informative =p

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's okay if it's someone else's girl or boy friend. for mine though, if it's serious, "mate" seems like the approprate word. it's even more serious than "husband" and just a bit more serious than "spouse"
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type and disease?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    little verbal expression, unintelligable mumbling, makes up their own words or redefines words differently from other people, etc...)
    During my fits of spreeing, I do this quite a bit. Especially the making up/redefining of words that I attach my own peculiar, very seemingly disconnected meanings to which only make sense to me.

Schizophrenia seems to be more of an element of over-expressed, dysfunctional though imo.
    Dysfunctional as in -dominant types gone wrong? Or people with naturally poor ( or types)?

Because if it is -dominant, then I truely disagree with that. I can't see schizophrenic people as Extraverts. There are in fact, classified as Introverts, and are said to have low energy levels, low will, low competativeness, and that they don't take care of their bodies. This, along with the delusions, irrational structure of thought, distance from reality, odd ideas, coldness, and so on (there's still a lot I'm missing, this is just off the top of my head), is more in .
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know someone who has it and is slightly offended at the "disorder" tag... ever hear of autistic pride day? anyways... read this...

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9...ergers_pr.html
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that means you have autistic super powers but retain functionality

good deal!

my ex is prolly a bit more towards the autistic side of the scale...
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-pokeball

I started it and didnt finish. I dont need to. Im about as autistic as a spider monkey on speed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited for jerkness
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism
    I took it and scored 14. I guess I'm not an Aspie retard.
    no. you're just bipolar. or a depressed Se type.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 20. Yay.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got:
    Unaffected
    Result: 31.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I scored 20
    SEE

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you pals seem really ecstatic talking about this

crap, no way i'm taking that test! too many other disorders to deal with

@ rocky: you exclude the extraverts from the possibility of being a bit :wink: schizophrenic?? gosh, i guess that makes me an introvert than..

but i can see what you mean abotu poor Ne

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    @ rocky: you exclude the extraverts from the possibility of being a bit :wink: schizophrenic?? gosh, i guess that makes me an introvert than..
    Well, what does the word schizophrenic mean to you?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ rocky: i think of this:
    Schizophrenics are marked by incoherent sentences and logic, as well as jumps in context. .
    ...but taken to a high extreme.

@ Cone: we're all schizos in our dreams then, aren't we?

Creepy-pokeball

I had my first dream ever about this site. I considered not coming back! My dream was like some NASA-like place and I was with an unknown friend. He was playing with the wall. The wall with a sensory-touch visual screen of that thing mcnew posted (the DNA alphabet thingy). He walked near Alaska and the screen started going off. So I walked to the screen and mine went off near Sweden. That is all I remember....

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol average is 14.5

we're internet geeks though, so I guess it would be expected that we'd score higher than average
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    @ rocky: i think of this:
    Schizophrenics are marked by incoherent sentences and logic, as well as jumps in context.
    ...but taken to a high extreme.
    Well they do that, but lots of people do, and there's more to schizophrenics than jumps in context. Basically, I think schizophrenia is probably INxP (maybe even IxxP?) taken to the extreme (highly Introverted) whereas something like ADD is more of an extreme ExxP trait (the opposite of schizophrenia, highly Extraverted and can't sit down and concentrate).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some people mistype themselves as INTxs because of asperger's syndrome or OCD or schizotypal tendencies.
    SEE