Thread: Article: Socionics Type Examples with Videos

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Article: Socionics Type Examples with Videos

Last edited by silke; 06-09-2016 at 06:02 AM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That typelist is pretty darned good, actually.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great work! Thanks.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Роман Абрамович looks like Simon in that video, haha.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What is the source of these typings?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. Do not put this is articles. This is that Jack Oliver Aaron's list, is it not? He is not an authority. You are spreading misinformation. None of this list comes from any 'official' socionic source. This is misinformation. Please place it in general discussion.

We must have discipline. Who says that they are type X? Guleko? Ausra? who? This is not an article. It is a discussion.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, take this down. Hearsay. Hearsay. I have looked at the list and compared it to the typing's of official Socionic authors and many are very different. These types are from our famous people typing thread? Make it a sticky on the famous people typing thread, These are not authoritative typings. Label things correctly.

"Famous People Typing - forum consensus." NOT an article.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It is in the Viewpoints section...but the way it is phrased and without a clear author (other than to presume they are silke's typings, although the similarity of the types / subtypes in many instances makes it seem like it has been copied from the socionix database), does make it seem like it is supposed to be authoritative

(there's a fair few articles in the theory section etc. also that were clearly written by some Eastern Socionist originally but are also not attributed, but at least they stick out a little)

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divergentwacey View Post
    Tonetta?! Are you fking kidding me? Otherwise nice list.
    YES for Tonetta as SLI exemplar, and Si sub too. definitely E9, I'm leaning 9w8 sp/sx.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    It is in the Viewpoints section...but the way it is phrased and without a clear author (other than to presume they are silke's typings, although the similarity of the types / subtypes in many instances makes it seem like it has been copied from the socionix database), does make it seem like it is supposed to be authoritative

(there's a fair few articles in the theory section etc. also that were clearly written by some Eastern Socionist originally but are also not attributed, but at least they stick out a little)
    Most of these typings were taken from discussions on this forum and were done by various forum members, as such there no single originator or author. What I have done is compile them together for easier survey. As this is a Viewpoints article, it contains the viewpoints of forum members, which is the whole purpose of the Viewpoints section - to hold material that came from members of this forum rather than Russian socionics authors. If both you and Saberstorm would like to endow the 16types Viewpoint articles with some kind of "authoritativeness", well, that's up to you.

The problem with using Russian databases is that they are composed of Russian celebrities and political figures many of whom aren't known in the West which makes it difficult to cross-reference them. In addition, all of the supporting discussions are in Russian or simply aren't available online existing only within small social circles of a select socionics school, inaccessible to the English-speaking population that visits this forum. As such there is always a need for westernized typing lists and this is one of them.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Most of these typings were taken from discussions on this forum and were done by various forum members, as such there no single originator or author. What I have done is compile them together for easier survey. As this is a Viewpoints article, it contains the viewpoints of forum members, which is the whole purpose of the Viewpoints section - to hold material that came from members of this forum rather than Russian socionics authors. If both you and Saberstorm would like to endow the 16types Viewpoint articles with some kind of "authoritativeness", well, that's up to you.

The problem with using Russian databases is that they are composed of Russian celebrities and political figures many of whom aren't known in the West which makes it difficult to cross-reference them. In addition, all of the supporting discussions are in Russian or simply aren't available online existing only within small social circles of a select socionics school, inaccessible to the English-speaking population that visits this forum. As such there is always a need for westernized typing lists and this is one of them.
    I find the level of similarity with the socionix database to be incredibly striking though: not just in terms of types, but also down to the way subtypes have been ascribed (a practice I find particularly ridiculous to focus on anyway, considering the level of disagreement on most of these peoples' types).

Out of the ILEs for example, I think out of 27, 9 are not on socionix, 1 is a different type on the socionix database, and of the remaining 17, 2 have a different subtype, 2 you don't list a subtype, 1 is the same according to a socionix thread (Nikola Tesla) but who is not in the database, and 12 have the same subtype.

I think if you have used such sources, even if you have made it clear that is a Viewpoints article, you should really state that is a collection of the viewpoints of several people on this forum. I never said that a problem with Viewpoints articles...I am merely concerned when individuals get the impression that this is a forum endorsed type-list, which could be easily be clarified in the article.

I don't find your mocking of those who feel that such articles could easily be misconstrued as authoritative to be helpful: that someone has chosen to select photographs of famous people at their own whim to acts as icons for articles written by Eastern Socionists merely further ingrains this perception whenever members are navigating through the Articles section.

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Nope. Do not put this is articles. This is that Jack Oliver Aaron's list, is it not? He is not an authority. You are spreading misinformation. None of this list comes from any 'official' socionic source. This is misinformation. Please place it in general discussion.

We must have discipline. Who says that they are type X? Guleko? Ausra? who? This is not an article. It is a discussion.

This is NOT my list, although I'm flattered you think it is my list. I don't agree with a lot of these typings, although I'm glad they got Albert Einstein right at least.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    This is NOT my list, although I'm flattered you think it is my list. I don't agree with a lot of these typings, although I'm glad they got Albert Einstein right at least.
    Out of curiosity, which ones on the list would you change, and if changed, to what other sociotypes?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt Ricky gervais is ILI. He seems extroverted. I'd say LIE is more likely. EIE is possible too. I also think Ron Paul might be EII instead of ILI. Rivers Cuomo was a good spot though.

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Out of curiosity, which ones on the list would you change, and if changed, to what other sociotypes?
    Well, from a brief look at the list, I would say that Russell Brand is an EIE and not ILE, Marie Curie is an ILI and not an LII, William Shatner & Cenk Uygur are SLEs and not ESEs, Martin Luther King Jr. is an EIE and not IEI, Ron Paul is LII and not ILI, Barack Obama is IEI and not ESI.

Those are the ones that stand out to me the most as being wrong. Some of the others I think are correct, most others I simply haven't looked into or am not entirely sure in my objections towards.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Well, from a brief look at the list, I would say that Russell Brand is an EIE and not ILE, Marie Curie is an ILI and not an LII, William Shatner & Cenk Uygur are SLEs and not ESEs, Martin Luther King Jr. is an EIE and not IEI, Ron Paul is LII and not ILI, Barack Obama is IEI and not ESI."

I think Barack is ESI, Russell is EIE, Martin Luther prolly niether one, and I take it back about ron Paul. He's way to fierce. but he's probably neither ILI nor LII. some other introverted derpy individual.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joseph Campbell (Te-sub 1w9) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU
    I agree with ILI Te for him.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionica Britanica proposed these as SEE-H
    ESFP harmonizing subtype.
    sophie winkleman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur3VPrTNAIM
    Lorraine Kelly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT-a48IHWhs
    Janet Grogan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3347EOen2C4 (simon loves her)
    Alastair "ali-a" Aiken
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKS4xCUT2Og
    Marian Carey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq3IaqG-XO4
    Last edited by carrina; 07-20-2015 at 05:27 PM.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Claire butcher seems more SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

your "ESTJ"

Radha Mitchell - INFP
    Robert Redford - ENTJ
    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - ENFJ
    Liev Shreiber - ISTJ(?)

your "INFJ"

Anna Kendrick - ENTP
    Carice Van Houten - INFP
    Marcia Cross - ISTJ
    Stoya - ENTP(?)
    Judi Dench - ESTP
    Gwyneth Paltrow - INFP
    Adrien Brody - T

TIM
    SLI - ISTp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you guys think of Maggie Smith?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2URdJ_g85M

They have Judi Dench as EII (I can see that) and they are the best of friends.... so I was thinking maybe Maggie is SLI?

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eliot Hulse is EIE not LIE imo

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jodie Foster might be LIE Te

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many of these typing are wrong. Others are a miss in the subtype. But the effort is appreciated.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There seems to have been no rhyme or reason behind the placing of figures into this list. It's almost random with a few stock figures.

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christina Ricci is not SLI, she is ESE.