View Poll Results: What is your Enneagram type?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll

9 5.06%

5 2.81%

7 3.93%

34 19.10%

27 15.17%

25 14.04%

20 11.24%

15 8.43%

29 16.29%
  • What is the Enneagram?

2 1.12%
  • Who cares about the Enneagram?

5 2.81%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your enneagram type?

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    4w5 with alternative 4w3. A few people in community think I am a 6, but they do not at all know me, and a social 4 can often mirror social 6 superficially, but we want individuate and deal with ore depressive and feeling of shame.. I even cringe when I feel my uniqueness is stifled and get angry internally when an idea that I came up with is not original and others have come up with similar idea or concept, and I am horrified of that. I deal with considerable shame issue, and me being autistic and finding out as a little girl, and my father's abuse made me hate who I am and feel innately flawed, yet somehow I also have felt very unique, despite viewing myself as a defect.

This is me from a few years ago:

Not 6 behavior.

My supervisor, Stugg (an LIE), always tries to challenge me on my 4 behaviors...
    6 undoubtedly is second in my tri, though, and I do have a lot of 6 behaviors combined with social 4 already overlapping some of the social 6 behavior.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must say though: with how rare 8 is of a type, 8 being the second most voted type here, is a falsehood in actuality of its course. In reality, most people who view themselves such, are sexual 6's, and fewer may be sexual 4's. I also doubt that 4 is most common type on the forum.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Type 5, going by Naranjo. With a 4 wing I'm sure.

There aren't "virtues" to any type. The Enneagram represents instinctual blind spots and consistent weaknesses, not strengths, and it's nothing to be proud of or want to identify with. A proper type description should be painful to read, and the mass of pop-psychology Enneagram articles online people seem to read aren't that.
    I am with you, that how it is touted as entirely positive is falsehood. It is kind of gross how others will relentlessly reiterate what enneagram type they are to showcase it, when it is your weakest attribute and can also represent ill health. It is glamorized.. Though, there are some aspects with the type that are of positivity, and growing into your healthy self should be idealized.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But our society does not really breed that many 8's.. Generally, an overly controlling parent, violent abuse, or something completely out of a child's control that steals away their innocence and makes them feel they need always be in control to guard their weakest spot, make someone of an 8. Abuse is common of course, but the kind that results in an 8, not as much as subtle emotional abuse forms and neglect, that plague our society.

Generally I am against gatekeeping, but 8 is most certainly an exception and it should be kept, because truly, there are far more sexual 6's and the occasional sexual 4 who will mistype their own self as an 8. Sexual 1 also can mistype 8 as well.

Most real 8's are going to be SLE, and a fewer, SEE.

8's in fiction, however, are common of course, with the nature of super hero complex, and villains often are 8 and 1.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must say though: with how rare 8 is of a type, 8 being the second most voted type here, is a falsehood in actuality of its course. In reality, most people who view themselves such, are sexual 6's, and fewer may be sexual 4's. I also doubt that 4 is most common type on the forum.
    Just realized the 23 is for 9, not 8.. (happens to me all the time). Far more believable that 9 is of the most common types on this forum, the attachment triad being most of prevalence in society. (3, 6, 9).

Dragons:

TIM
    SLE-C 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen a lot of enneagram 1s and 3s mistyping themselves as 8s. 1s mistyped as 8s because they are an anger gut triad type, have authoritarian tendencies, and care about justice even though 1s and 8s justice is different from one another. 3s are an assertive type just like enneagram 8s.

When I was in the Facebook Enneagram 8 group, they were all goody two shoes who seem to have an abstract Woke sense of justice. I think the culture of the group is very Delta. They don't know what is real justice or injustice is. The Enneagram 8 community seem to be Te base who talk about productivity, work, responsibility, and wanting to be good. It makes sense that they are mistyped 1s and 3s. They often idealized so-called progressive good people (i.e. Aslan, MLK Jr, Mother Theresa, and even AOC) as being "8s." I don't even think any of them are 8s. MLK Jr and Mother Theresa are both 1s. AOC is a neurotic Prussian 6. Aslan is an 9w8.

Funny to say this, but I think the Facebook MBTI ESTP group (which is supposed to be for SLE and SEE) is more 8-ish than the enneagram 8 group.
    Last edited by Tim; 07-16-2021 at 07:44 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can easily believe people obsessed with themselves are the most common type on a personality forum. People are drawn here for the same reason unstable girls major in psychology -- they want to figure out what's wrong with them.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can easily believe people obsessed with themselves are the most common type on a personality forum. People are drawn here for the same reason unstable girls major in psychology -- they want to figure out what's wrong with them.
    Yet somehow after the psych degree and having personality typology as a hobby for a good 10 years I still have no idea what's wrong with me
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Yet somehow after the psych degree and having personality typology as a hobby for a good 10 years I still have no idea what's wrong with me
    Are you sure there is something wrong with you? ッ

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure there is something wrong with you? ッ
    The elves keep telling me there is... I just can't put my finger on what...
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about how a 4 may more likely be on this site to study and find their own self, however, this site is not as focused on information gathering, as is having a community. The format of this site is very E6-like. 4 is probably a more common type here, but I would not believe it to be the most common type on this site.

As I explained with my own self, Social E6 and E4 often look identical.

I would personally put me money on 6 being the most common type here, and then 4, 5 and 9 being common as well here. The nature of 5 looking to explore and expand their understanding and studying patterns, and then somehow, 4 using this community to help them find and better understand their true self. But I don't think it would be most common. My money is on 6. The entire idea of having a community is for one, a very social focus, and community to 6 is very important more so than most other type, and since social 6 often mirror social 4, some people self-typing 4, may really be social 6.

6 to begin with is one of the most prevalent types in our society, with how society breeds people at a general, and 6 is a very versatile type in regards to Socio type.

I would put 8 and 7 as the most rare types to be seen on a forum as this, 7 being less likely to care about this and wanting go out, and 8 already being uncommon.

Dragons:

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    The elves keep telling me there is... I just can't put my finger on what...
    Well if you're type 4 maybe your fear is that there isn't anything wrong with you.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about how a 4 may more likely be on this site to study and find their own self, however, this site is not as focused on information gathering, as is having a community. The format of this site is very E6-like. 4 is probably a more common type here, but I would not believe it to be the most common type on this site.

As I explained with my own self, Social E6 and E4 often look identical.

I would personally put me money on 6 being the most common type here, and then 4, 5 and 9 being common as well here. The nature of 5 looking to explore and expand their understanding and studying patterns, and then somehow, 4 using this community to help them find and better understand their true self. But I don't think it would be most common. My money is on 6. The entire idea of having a community is for one, a very social focus, and community to 6 is very important more so than most other type, and since social 6 often mirror social 4, some people self-typing 4, may really be social 6.

6 to begin with is one of the most prevalent types in our society, with how society breeds people at a general, and 6 is a very versatile type in regards to Socio type.

I would put 8 and 7 as the most rare types to be seen on a forum as this, 7 being less likely to care about this and wanting go out, and 8 already being uncommon.
    If this site was more information-based, I would believe 4 as being the most prevalent type here, right along with 5. But it more is to meet people, and also to have assurance on one's type, which 6 often will doubt their own perception, and will want others to confirm their own view. The idea of sharing insights with others, to see if they are true, can be seen as a very E6 tendency. Of course , you will have people who will use the site to find their own self as well and better understand their own selves, but it appears that sixes would have most gain out of the culture and formatting this site is.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 also doubting their own selves, are one of the most absolute likely to mistype their owns seven, therefore, they may be mistyping as other types outside of 4. Common mistypes for 6 can be 2 (community focused type, and feeling like they give themselves away, when they just want to give to community to ensure their support and protection), social 4 because validation is a need (but unlike 4, they do not strive to individuate and are more dwelling in anxiety and fear than are, shame), and 3 also can be very common because it can be the area of disintegration and with nature of this site, you may be more likely to find unhealthy people since many will use typology as means to improve their own life, indent yet being improved they are not at peak health which would expect from a 9. Because 6 already is very high here and it is one of the most likely types to mistype here, it probably already is guaranteed most common.

That is another thing; people will need account for their health level and to see if they are disintegrated or are functioning from their own type. Many people here probably are not in the knowing of what disintegration is, and are just going from mere pop psych sites.

How old the results are matter too, in contrast to how many people recently have voted. What may have been the most common type at one time, other almost equally common types could have by now, caught up, and maybe that also is in part of why the culture now looks far more 6.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 also doubting their own selves, are one of the most absolute likely to mistype their owns seven, therefore, they may be mistyping as other types outside of 4. Common mistypes for 6 can be 2 (community focused type, and feeling like they give themselves away, when they just want to give to community to ensure their support and protection), social 4 because validation is a need (but unlike 4, they do not strive to individuate and are more dwelling in anxiety and fear than are, shame), and 3 also can be very common because it can be the area of disintegration and with nature of this site, you may be more likely to find unhealthy people since many will use typology as means to improve their own life, indent yet being improved they are not at peak health which would expect from a 9. Because 6 already is very high here and it is one of the most likely types to mistype here, it probably already is guaranteed most common.

That is another thing; people will need account for their health level and to see if they are disintegrated or are functioning from their own type. Many people here probably are not in the knowing of what disintegration is, and are just going from mere pop psych sites.

How old the results are matter too, in contrast to how many people recently have voted. What may have been the most common type at one time, other almost equally common types could have by now, caught up, and maybe that also is in part of why the culture now looks far more 6.
    Owns seven should be own selves, but I don't feel like having an edit receipt on that.. And also, 6's with 4 in their trip type very well may feel like a 4 core, especially if they are a social variant.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I have seen a lot of enneagram 1s and 3s mistyping themselves as 8s. 1s mistyped as 8s because they are an anger gut triad type, have authoritarian tendencies, and care about justice even though 1s and 8s justice is different from one another. 3s are an assertive type just like enneagram 8s.

When I was in the Facebook Enneagram 8 group, they were all goody two shoes who seem to have an abstract Woke sense of justice. I think the culture of the group is very Delta. They don't know what is real justice or injustice is. The Enneagram 8 community seem to be Te base who talk about productivity, work, responsibility, and wanting to be good. It makes sense that they are mistyped 1s and 3s. They often idealized so-called progressive good people (i.e. Aslan, MLK Jr, Mother Theresa, and even AOC) as being "8s." I don't even think any of them are 8s. MLK Jr and Mother Theresa are both 1s. AOC is a neurotic Prussian 6. Aslan is an 9w8.

Funny to say this, but I think the Facebook MBTI ESTP group (which is supposed to be for SLE and SEE) is more 8-ish than the enneagram 8 group.
    Doesn't sound funny at all, Se base with 8 definitely is where you will find most genuine 8 personalities. You may find a few others amidst LSI, and a few more rare Sp8 LIE, but most Sx8 LIE are mistyped either in their enneagram, or they really are SLE.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you're type 4 maybe your fear is that there isn't anything wrong with you.
    This focus is more true for Social 4's, but not as much for Sp and Sx 4. Especially not for Sp4, the counter 4.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post

I am kind of internally laughing, though, about delta not knowing what true justice is. They all view us as loud, drama starters.. I suppose justice in a way can be peace, a warrior of peace.. But there are times fire will need ignite to light the way t where one needs, and then so peace can ensure. Often, you need aggression to be able in the attaining of a peaceful state, because others just will not listen otherwise.

I think true justice is reflecting the thing that needs for the situation.

There are just some times where only water can put out fire. And times when using water will deplete all your peace and not be able in the putting enough out, fire. There will be no peace/water left if you do not fight fire to fire. And make the one who has bigger flame dominate and suffocate the others.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact both beta and delta exists proves there is right timing for both methods, but the incorrect usage of method is what leads to ill. The incorrect timing, not using what needs at the given time for what is necessary.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is symbolical beta comes before delta, and sometimes war and attrition must come for peace to prevail in its after.

There is time to rest, but you cannot rest until all that needs for rest to come, is no longer active and for it to threaten the peace that only will again awaken.

delta would be the last phase of life incarnation, where you have been through theater three ones, and then you go to a new beginning like alpha, in the other side of it all, after Earth.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ne helps one to explore the new world and then what will be after you graduate, and then in between the Ni helps one to focus on learning in life..

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then Fi in last phase helps one to close what they need and build what needs to next level and then the Ti in new life would help one to learn and figure out the working of that new life...

Dragons:

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    5w6

I like fact collecting and item sorting like legos and milkshakes crushing down your whole planetarium tarantella!
    What are your deepest feelings about computers?

Anywhere near Kaczynski?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    What are your deepest feelings about computers?

Anywhere near Kaczynski?
    I definitely pick the Bubble sort for fear to crumble under goals of blue in the sky speaking cards and trampoline fencing My hardest dungeon.

The 11 element list is confusing with these performing algorithms. Red being last in the race is sad and damaging, because I was always a trainer of light. Oh wait, it was pink that was last. Come to think of it, I'm not sure what this video is about... skipping ahead. Quadratic, Linear, and Comparison are very weird categories, like a span of time or eons forking and twirling into chaotic lanes of starting. Performing badly when lists are small? But I always rose above mundane restrictions and dominated existence with "millions and millions of elements"!!
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly that's not a bad suggestion
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This focus is more true for Social 4's, but not as much for Sp and Sx 4. Especially not for Sp4, the counter 4.
    I am indeed a Social 4 lol
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyan View Post
    8w9 Sei is pretty interesting, how does 8 show while having Se ignoring?
    Late reply, but I'm comfortable with expressing anger and moving on, and am very fixated on direct control over my life. I also don't engage in physical activity if it is too strenuous or unpleasant, I prefer to enjoy things at my own pace.

(kind of a quick summary but whatever)
    ◯▙ SEI, 8w9 sp/so, FVLE

I am but another cute sp 9.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a 6 that is the only personality type that explains my fears and shit to a T. Probably the closest one that will ever explain me ngl. Full enneagram I think I am 629 sp/sx.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've settled on 5w4.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still a 9. Sadly....lol kidding.

I thought my tritype was 964 for the longest, now I'm thinking I could be 972, it actually makes more sense to how I act in real life. But the 964 also feels a lot like me but deeper. The curse of relating to everything!
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Banned
    TIM
    EII-Ne 6w5 SP/SX 629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balanced wings 6 core lmao

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao so I'm a 4w5, in the tritype, which i've since read articles on how it 'isn't real', but for the sake of exploring this... I'm a 459. 4w5 5w4 and 9w1.
    definitely am sx/sp also.

and I'm an ESI so i have Ne polr, andd we've been in a pandemic and i've been existing in an industry that's a poor fit for me. (will be getting out, once i get this degree next year-ish)

anyway, 4 5 and 9 all have the 'withdrawn' stance. so no f*ing wonder why i withdraw from a wider network of folks when i'm stressed (which is often) and have the burning desire for someone to fully see me and support me (see me in a 4 way, support me in teni ways).

i was reading yesterday on the forum LIEs talk about how challenging it is to meet ESIs, and also to become closer to them over time when the ESI alr has slotted someone into an appropriate level of closeness.

i take the obvious smack in the face (of what i've alr been talking about for months) that i NEED to make more effort to meet people and be around people in daily life. most of my communications with friends and family, and work people, are digitally mediated... which is *not* my preference, but more like circumstantial/structurally instantiated. so it's f*ing hard to make changes or set up new routines etc but omg, i was around people yesterday - spontaneously - and then around people today in bigger doses than usual (our dept had its first in-person public seminar after 2 years...) and it FELT SO GOOD HAHAHAHA

// i don't have a ~deep~ conceptual understanding of how and why i isolate (and withdraw), i don't know much about the enneagram honestly, but i'm seriously making moves lately to "come out of hiding" in my real life and bring more of myself to people and opportunities. i don't want life to pass me by because i was waiting for the conditions to be right or for the perfect understanding of different areas of life and why the opportunities that exist are the ones that we have to "hit me" eventl. done w that... i'm *doing* things and hope i keep it up
    Last edited by spacious; 03-12-2022 at 12:51 AM.

Pretty sure I am 3w2. 316 is my tritype

edit: nvm
    Last edited by sea nymph; 07-14-2022 at 05:59 PM.
    “Anything is possible. It is night on planet earth and I'm alive. And someday I'll be dead.
    Someday I'll just be bones in a box, but right now, I'm not.
    And anything is possible.”

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

639 so/sp

Balanced 6, probably.

TIM
    6w7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Sx , 2 Sx also look like 8
    9w8 and 7w8 can mistype as 8 because of the wing

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    639 so/sp

Balanced 6, probably.
    were you always a 6? I vaguely remember you being a 7

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    I'm still a 9. Sadly....lol kidding.

I thought my tritype was 964 for the longest, now I'm thinking I could be 972, it actually makes more sense to how I act in real life. But the 964 also feels a lot like me but deeper. The curse of relating to everything!
    yes I'm still 964 tritype
    idk about instincts though, i've typed as so or sx 9 but idk, probably doesn't matter

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    were you always a 6? I vaguely remember you being a 7
    ok maybe 7w6

TIM
    6w7