View Poll Results: What is your Enneagram type?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll

9 5.06%

5 2.81%

7 3.93%

34 19.10%

27 15.17%

25 14.04%

20 11.24%

15 8.43%

29 16.29%
  • What is the Enneagram?

2 1.12%
  • Who cares about the Enneagram?

5 2.81%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your enneagram type?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is your enneagram type?

Hello again!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol all the 6s are Fi egos

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    lol all the 6s are Fi egos
    Lol no they're not. Silly Galen.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Lol no they're not. Silly Galen.
    They were when I posted
    I don't know what Aerorobyn's type is.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    They were when I posted
    I don't know what Aerorobyn's type is.
    A lot of people here are saying IEE. Maritsa says SEI. I say, whatever you want me to be; do you want me to be your dual?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerorobyn View Post
    A lot of people here are saying IEE. Maritsa says SEI. I say, whatever you want me to be; do you want me to be your dual?
    I want you to be whatever you actually are. I haven't paid close enough attention to your posts to make any judgment either way.

Creepy-female

I say, whatever you want me to be; do you want me to be your dual?
    Omg I wasn't looking at your avatar or your name closely and I thought this was Gilly lol

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Hello again!
    hello Slater!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Aerobyn, socionics is simple. What do you do first? Do you like to go to the beach and stand in front of the water and take all that in and experience the serenity? Well, what you're doing is taking things in via the sense perception and then does this experience turn inwards where you reflect about it and want to re-experience it? Then the libido has turned inwards.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Aerobyn, socionics is simple. What do you do first? Do you like to go to the beach and stand in front of the water and take all that in and experience the serenity? Well, what you're doing is taking things in via the sense perception and then does this experience turn inwards where you reflect about it and want to re-experience it? Then the libido has turned inwards.
    Actually, I think about who I want to drown first when I go to the beach, and I find the best spot to do it so that I'm not discovered. Watch yourself, Maritsa, would hate to lose a Socionics expert to the waters.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Actually, I think about who I want to drown first when I go to the beach, and I find the best spot to do it so that I'm not discovered. Watch yourself, Maritsa, would hate to lose a Socionics expert to the waters.
    haha.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roro View Post
    This is a fairly interesting thought process. I would generally say a pier would be the best location, since the water under the pier is sometimes shielded from view. But if the beach has a cliff face that sort of comes inland a little more after its edge to the beach, you could also lure someone over there and then drown them. This might be better if the pier is well populated.
    Last edited by Clarke; 11-01-2022 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Technicalities.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is your Enneagram type?

And also for how long do you know Enneagram and do you have some doubt about it?

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4w5.

4-7-9, if you believe in tritypes.

I've studied the Enneagram for a little more than a year, and it's helped me work through some things. I do believe in it.

When I first encountered the concept of "Enneagram" about two years or so ago, I thought that I was E2- was pretty unhealthy at the time.

I like the Enneagram b/c it lets me believe things can feel better- like there's a more positive future to strive for.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently it seems I'm a 4w5. I took the test several times and often it wasn't that clear. I'm still not entirely sure, but I am a very creative person and that's one of the qualities I have, other people are most aware of.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

6..i lean toward 6w5.

i've known about enneagram for over 10 years. i very briefly typed myself a 4 at first because i was a teenager when i found it. then went to typing myself a 6 for years and gradually it fell out of my interests over time. then when i found socionics and self-typed infj i started questioning again. that maybe i was 9 because it was the most common infj typing. and then it was all up in the air again between 4 and 6 and 9 and i went with 9 for awhile. now back to 6.

i'm really confident about my knowledge of enneagram in a conceptual/book-learnin way having known it for so long and having read so much. but applying it to people is a different story and i'm not so great at it.

i don't think of typology in general as something to be "doubted," since i don't think any of it is "real" to begin with.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

i don't have one lolol
    -

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fit with 6 the most probably 6w5.

I have always doubts

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7. Tritypes don't real and wings don't matter.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well... many women are E4. I had a teacher who told me Enneagram among other things and I remember him saying that most women are 2, 3 and 4. He typed me as 6 and then had doubts whether 6 or 1, but in any case, I go with 6 because of my high anxiety, doubts, too much worrying.
    also, lungs, i saw the enneagram on practice and in fact it interests me more than Socionics. it is not hard to see the Enneagram on practice, as socionics also is not hard, but you need to become somewhat observative of people fitting into this or that pattern in order to type them, which can be annoying or you just not willing to do that because you have to become a kind of scientific researcher doing field experiments with people, also something many people dislike doing. For me, it was basically not clear in the beggining but after some 2 years I began to be able to tell the E type of someone after I had a few enounters with him/her. You can easily see the stinginess of the E5, and their narrow-mindedness; the envy and 'i'm different' attitude of the E4, but you have to do this in real life of course, hard to type someone solely on virtual contact.
    xerx, please do not disturb my thread.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    well... many women are E4. I had a teacher who told me Enneagram among other things and I remember him saying that most women are 2, 3 and 4. He typed me as 6 and then had doubts whether 6 or 1, but in any case, I go with 6 because of my high anxiety, doubts, too much worrying.
    also, lungs, i saw the enneagram on practice and in fact it interests me more than Socionics. it is not hard to see the Enneagram on practice, as socionics also is not hard, but you need to become somewhat observative of people fitting into this or that pattern in order to type them, which can be annoying or you just not willing to do that because you have to become a kind of scientific researcher doing field experiments with people, also something many people dislike doing. For me, it was basically not clear in the beggining but after some 2 years I began to be able to tell the E type of someone after I had a few enounters with him/her. You can easily see the stinginess of the E5, and their narrow-mindedness; the envy and 'i'm different' attitude of the E4, but you have to do this in real life of course, hard to type someone solely on virtual contact.
    According to your TIM you believe in wings dont you have a hard time to decide if someone is 6w5 or 5w6?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    According to your TIM you believe in wings dont you have a hard time to decide if someone is 6w5 or 5w6?
    I see the use of wings as a reality in my observation of people and myself. There is one prevalent wing generally, but this may shift and the other wing shows up and flares up for some time, but there is usually one prevalent wing in an unenlightened individual (I suppose spiritually/psychically advanced individuals would use both as they see fit).

I don't have that much of a hard time in deciding that. A Type 5 will show his own tendency to isolation and other traits of an E5 like not enjoying deep, strong emotions and thrills. E5s avoid feeling strong emotions because this would keep them from their totally mental orientation and have them into an emotional orientation. E6w5 is definitely a hard type, may be confused with an E5w6 at first, but shows eventually his more extroverted nature and less stinginess, less need for isolation and more wanting to BE WITH OTHERS, a thing that an E5 doesn't like much, it takes him from his own small castle of thinking. But the better way is to see the emotional nature of the E6, whatever wing he/she has, it's a type like the 3s and 9s which has its dominant center repressed. This means that a 3 has the emotional center dominant but repressed, instead he uses more the Motor center so he goes to action action... the 6 has the mental center dominant but repressed, instead he goes to the Emotional center and feels, feels... the 9 has the Motor center dominant but repressed, and as such deviates into the Mental center and wanders in his own thoughts and has a tendency to not do anything. You can see there is a link here between these 3 types, because they are the basis for all other types in the Enneagram.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a teacher who told me Enneagram among other things and I remember him saying that most women are 2, 3 and 4.
    This sounds vaguely bullshitty.

For me, it was basically not clear in the beggining but after some 2 years I began to be able to tell the E type of someone after I had a few enounters with him/her. You can easily see the stinginess of the E5, and their narrow-mindedness; the envy and 'i'm different' attitude of the E4, but you have to do this in real life of course, hard to type someone solely on virtual contact.
    I wouldn't consider fives narrow-minded, exactly, since they often think about a broad range of things and don't adhere strictly to societal values, but it's possible that we define that term really differently.

I agree that a lot of types' "passions" do emanate from them. Sometimes you can tell by body language or the way their energy pushes from them.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    This sounds vaguely bullshitty.
    Actually it is a fact, but I find that only some 60-70% of women are 2, 3 or 4. The rest are any other type, so he was obviously satirical in his remark, like he was sometimes ironic when talking about women, and that made me laugh but I always had my own opinions.

I wouldn't consider fives narrow-minded, exactly, since they often think about a broad range of things and don't adhere strictly to societal values, but it's possible that we define that term really differently.
    Not exactly narrow minded. Sometimes I don't have the exact word to say something and I say or write something that resembles the idea. I mean they are 'focused on themselves a lot' when I say narrow-minded. And this is not because of language being English here, it happens in my native tongue as well and I'm often misinterpreted.

I agree that a lot of types' "passions" do emanate from them. Sometimes you can tell by body language or the way their energy pushes from them.
    Yes. You can spot an E8 very much that way, by the excess of force and movements, and general excesses in general. Sexual 6s can have this strong energy too, but for shorter periods of time, not like 8s who are all the time like they are hyperactive (another bad word to describe what i want to say lol).

BTW as a flight of ideas here, I think that most 8s and 6s have strong Se, but not necessarily valued. INFj E6, ENFp E6 which are very common would be exceptions of course. But in E8s, if they don't have it on Egoblock, they have it as Hidden Agenda or Dual Seeking which are both strong and valued functions in my interpretation. For example an LIE E8, I've met some. E8 is funny to watch, the craziest type imo.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example an LIE E8, I've met some. E8 is funny to watch, the craziest type imo.
    I don't think I'm very funny to watch or crazy. Crazy is not a superlative I'd use to describe myself.

Also, I'm an 8w7 sx/so. 8-3-6 if you like tritypes better. Although I'm a bit iffy on the 6 as I'm probably more of a 7w8 than a 6w5 but meh.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Airman View Post
    Do you still go with six? It's been a few years since you posted this

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Enneagram types are not gender-related.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Enneagram types are not gender-related.
    At first I am not an enneagram expert but I think every enneagramm type has its holy idea so I think that the enneagram type peels out during early childhood. In my opinion woman and men behave differently because of genetics but a very big part plays how children get raised.
    Our society is still full of gender stereotypes like the audacious boy and the behaved girl. In general it can be said that it is expected more from girls than boys to behave mainly properly to be loved. So when you look at the enneagram types it's likely that they are gender related in a certain way.

A role plays also selftyping. I think women have the tendency to misstype as 2 and in socionics/mbti as ENFj(J)/ENFp(P) and Men mistype as 8 and ENTj(J)/ENT(p).

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae16t View Post
    Youre looking at the wrong aspect. Look in a way that is about fear. Enneagram is about the coping of fears.
    I know and the holy idea is in a strong correlation with the fear.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    I know and the holy idea is in a strong correlation with the fear.
    Very deep down, yes. But on a more superficial level, the fears may not be very apparent for someone of a particular type, so I think that FEAR is basically the Vice of the E6, which can assume various forms such as cowardice, excess of worrying, excess of caution, anxiety, etc. But the type which has as its base - and what takes him/her away from the Holy Self or True Self - fear, is E6. In other types there are of course fears, but to approach Enneagram saying it's about fears just fits for E6s imo. I prefer the Vice/Virtue dichotomy.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7W6 sp/sx

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram has been one of the theories that I cannot seem to wrap my head around.
    With socionics the building blocks were the elements and functions, and then even deeper building blocks such as aspectonics. Once one grasps the building blocks, they don't need to rely on memorizing a bunch of descriptions.

But with the enneagram, i have a difficult time figuring out what the building blocks are.
    I know that it has something to do with the older model of moving against, moving away, and moving with/towards. So akin to fight, flight, and a social measure. But the older model of fight/flight has been expanded to fight, flight, freeze, appease, tend, and befriend.

One of the other problems I've had with enneagram is none of the descriptions really seem to describe me. The motivations might be right, but the actions described are wrong. Or the actions are right, but the motivations are completely off. For example, the E6, which is probably the closest fit for me right now. Yes I want to trust in something/someone, and yes I constantly question things. Yes, both the phobic and counterphobic can describe some of my different reactions. But the other part, blind, forceful loyalty to something like a government party, or a religion, or a sports group, etc? I can't find that. And it makes little sense to me. If I'm a type that constantly questions, and constantly doubts, why would I stop questioning/doubting enough to hold such a strong belief in or loyalty to something else?

Anyways, my type, I guess, is 6w7 sx/sp.
    Only because that is the closest match and people who've studied the enneagram and have also interacted with me somewhat regularly think fits.
    But I would be pretty irked if someone attempted to project all aspects of E6 descriptions onto me. Grrr.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    But the other part, blind, forceful loyalty to something like a government party, or a religion, or a sports group, etc? I can't find that. And it makes little sense to me. If I'm a type that constantly questions, and constantly doubts, why would I stop questioning/doubting enough to hold such a strong belief in or loyalty to something else?
    Enneagram is strictly about the fears/motivations, and that's it at heart. When it describes more detailed behavior like that, it's better to look at it as possible ways that the fears can manifest rather than "if you're a 6, you have to blindly support anything". I'm a 7, but I'm definitely not a crazy social extrovert who needs to party all the time like most of the descriptions describe. It's also worth noting that people are more likely to buy books and self-help things if it goes into detail on behavior rather than just being like "if you're primarily motivated by anxiety and need to feel secure, you're probably a 6 now gtfo NEXT."

fwiw, I like 6 for you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Enneagram is strictly about the fears/motivations, and that's it at heart. When it describes more detailed behavior like that, it's better to look at it as possible ways that the fears can manifest rather than "if you're a 6, you have to blindly support anything". I'm a 7, but I'm definitely not a crazy social extrovert who needs to party all the time like most of the descriptions describe. It's also worth noting that people are more likely to buy books and self-help things if it goes into detail on behavior rather than just being like "if you're primarily motivated by anxiety and need to feel secure, you're probably a 6 now gtfo NEXT."

fwiw, I like 6 for you.
    I agree very much with you. Why in your TIM it is written E3w9 (???) may I ask you.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree very much with you. Why in your TIM it is written E3w9 (???) may I ask you.
    For lulz? I'd rather people not look at my post, look at my TIM, and judge me based on that instead of asking. And this way they're not terribly biased in forming opinions on what my type is, so no one will become acclimated to thinking I am an ABC just because it's been sitting in my profile for ages.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Enneagram, you just look at the Vice and Virtue, then the motivation. The Holy Idea is something totally out of reach until you get a very deep understanding if you ever get...
    So it's more like the basic description and not everything in it will be fitting for you of course.
    For example I'm a 6 and I don't adhere to anything, loyalty is an important thing for me only if I had a strong bonded group, like in a war, I'd probably be one of the most loyal soldiers, loyal to my unit, to my 'brothers in arms'. But since I don't have this kind of relationship, I'm probably only loyal to women when I'm deeply connected to them in a relationship. Then yes, I'm totally loyal and somewhat self-sacrificing.

edit: imo the best way to type and self-type is the Vice, which is more apparent than the Virtue in most people's behavior.
    Anyway Enneagram is much more about how people act and behavior than a system with a rigid set of parameters. So you have to be practical and be able to observe your own and others' behavior to grasp Enneagram.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually think 9 is most likely and if not then probably 5 or 6 (pretty sure I'm not 2,3,7 or 8). I've known about enneagram for 10 years or so and have always questioned back and forth between a few different types.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a 6, probably SP/something. Not sure how long I have known about it. I wouldn't say I have doubts about it, per se, but I do avoid the mystical aspects of the theory.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6. Not 100% sure of the wing; probably 6w7. Sp/S?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E1. A few years, and no real doubt. Sometimes people complicate the shit out of it with tritypes and other garbage because they're trying to make a perfect fit for themselves and see it as a static kind of type. But like Fox pointed out it's about fears and motivations, and it's also about health. Health is dynamic, and you don't need tritypes or even wings to understand how you are, have been, and may be within your type based on health and outlook. If you're trying to find your tritype, then imo you're doing it wrong, and you'll get a lot more out of it if you go more basic.

Instincts (and wings) can be useful imo in understanding other people and where they're coming from, but everyone and their dog thinks they're sx, or wants to be so I ignore what ppl claim their instinct is, and judge for myself. It helps me be less annoyed with some people when I recognize it's an instinct thing and so understand a bit more why they're doing what they're doing.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast