Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enneagram Tritypes: Do they exist?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

they're not. opinion is mixed.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it seems like that other forum you frequent is obsessed with it, I don't even see them use MBTI types anymore.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ryan... yeah they do. I was curious why they're not the latest rage over here.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a lot of people here see tritype as just another excuse for someone to be bad at enneagram, in the same sense that DCNH is generally seen as a method only kooks who don't know what they're talking about use.

Also don't forget, Tritype is Copyright © 2003 David and Katherine Fauvre and is not to be discussed without their expressed written consent.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably because they suck, duh

but they were quite popular here, years ago, from what i've heard

the old guard still practice it in secret

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I think a lot of people here see tritype as just another excuse for someone to be bad at enneagram, in the same sense that DCNH is generally seen as a method only kooks who don't know what they're talking about use.
    er, speak for yourself?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats dcnh?
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    er, speak for yourself?
    I thought DCNH was mostly rejected on here? I don't see that many people talk about it seriously.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    whats dcnh?
    a 4-subtype system devised by Gulenko: Dominant, Creative, Normalizing, Harmonizing

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tegory/47-DCNH

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I thought DCNH was mostly rejected on here? I don't see that many people talk about it seriously.
    yeah there's not a lot of DCNH discussion, and some people may have dismissed it, but i don't get the same impression that it's widely rejected as a crackpot's theory. i think some people may not be sure how to apply it, and/or they don't necessarily see the need to use it when compared to other subtype systems.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be open to the idea that there are lots of subtypes, but I'm more convinced each person can be dominant in each of their functions at certain times in their lives depending on circumstances.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the DCHN system, but it really needs revision and or clarification. I am waiting for the DCHN version 2.0 before I really use it. It is a good idea, not ready for use. The idea is this: energy type and Socionic type are NOT identical. Thus not everybody behaves exactly like their type, as there are variations in the force they apply to each information element.

Basically, the idea is that a person could have an unusual amount of force projected into their Je Ji Pi Pe functions. If Je is given more energy, then Fe and Te are used with force. This is regardless of where Fe and Te are in their function order, thus distorting their type.

If Te is PoLR it is still "painful" for them to use it, but they do it just like people might go swimming in the winter. It hurts, but they do it.

The extra force is not an increase in the clarity of the information, although with the use of that IM, they should grow in competence.

This is one possible reason why people can be hard to type. I think it makes sense. It needs a revision to use better.

(Spelling corrected, as per K0rpsy's request.)
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 09-03-2012 at 09:05 PM.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like socionics and tritype. DCNH is iffy.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I'm getting the general consensus that enneagram tritypes are strictly forbidden in these lands. Why?
    It isnt forbidden, but it is one of the topics for crankiness

TIM
    IEI - Fe 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, I think a theory is only as useful as much as it helps you just get over yourself and move on.

"Tritype" seems to convolute that process by giving you a shiny star, a ribbon, and a scratch 'n' sniff sticker meant to make you feel special.
    The trickster is at one and the same time creator and destroyer, giver and negator, he who dupes others, and who is always duped himself.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
    Basically, I think a theory is only as useful as much as it helps you just get over yourself and move on.

"Tritype" seems to convolute that process by giving you a shiny star, a ribbon, and a scratch 'n' sniff sticker meant to make you feel special.
    Yes. I very much agree.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sure. 368 = FRED DURST tritype. That alone makes it more than worth it. Things like triple assertive, triple reactive, triple rejection, triple anything; the more I got in the arsenal to identify once a vague impression hits me, the better, and being able to feel out something more wide-range like a tritype combination with no at-the-time definite permutation makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than choosing between the polarities of either a glorified wild guess or absolutely fucking nothing at all.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tritype copyright permission

Originally posted by Galen

Also don't forget, Tritype is Copyright © 2003 David and Katherine Fauvre and is not to be discussed without their expressed written consent.Also don't forget, Tritype is Copyright © 2003 David and Katherine Fauvre and is not to be discussed without their expressed written consent.[/QUOTE]

----------
    Thank you for your concern... but this is not an accurate statement. No worries...It is my copyright and you can discuss it anyway you want. All that is required is that you state that is my work if you use it and post it. Free speech is important. The copyright is for intellectual property. So what you can't do is say it is your work and sell it using my name "Tritype." So, feel free to say anything at all, anything you desire. Really anything... I love all feedback and comments... I love criticisms as they are very helpful.

Or, if it feels better, you can say you have my written consent... Katherine Chernick Fauvre

Test

http://devpersonalityadvantage.kaliaa.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/#/landing-page
    Would love for you to try my beta version of the more complete Tritype Personality Advantage True Self Enneagram Tritype test. I know you will find the glitches!

Last edited by Katherine8; 02-08-2018 at 01:26 PM. Reason: add original poster add ne tritype free test

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While our core explains much of who we are and our motivations, human beings are very complicated. One type can explain a lot, but in my experience with ennea, people relate to multiple types to an extent, so tritype helps to tie that all together rather than just someone just being one type and the other options being out of the running period. The strength of the fixes ties it together even more so, the last fix being present but having the least influence. Some may be more balanced with their second and third fixes, or be balanced with their first two while the third is on the tailend of influence. Relating to multiple types from the different triads, the different parts of our tritype can work together to make up who we are, and type integration/disintegration goes even more into this.

I have heard it said that fixes don't integrate/disintegrate, but thinking about the possibility of that happening, that would explain even more. I believe The Wisdom of The Enneagram mentions that everyone has a little bit of all of the types within them somewhere in the intro. Having prime energies from the heart, the gut, and the head, and having a dominant fix for each would only make sense.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12