Thread: Practical (in)dependance of Ixxp and Ixxj types

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Practical (in)dependance of Ixxp and Ixxj types

I've been studying material on dual relations.

Would it be right to say that Ixxp types are independant in pracical matters, and that Ixxj types are dependant on others in practical matters?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it would generally seem to be the case.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think a large majority of ISTj types are exceptions, and there is a fair balance between practically dependent and independent INTp types as well.
    i have played in every toilet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Strange enough, I know couple of dependent ISTJs. If you are not close to them, the dependence in ISTJs is not that easily noticeable, try to observe them in circumstances where their weaknesses cannot be hidden.
    i assert this tends to be true for bearers of every type, really.

- ISTjs often have difficulties in maintaining even, stable relations with people. They are given to sudden, rough changes in attitude, one moment being kind and delicate, the next being tactless and pushy. They also have a tendency to appear unrestrained and even rough when in the company of people they know well. Sometimes ISTjs can be obtrusive with their problems.

- Another of ISTj problems is a lack of confidence in situations that require the breaking of old methods, especially if there is no clear proof of the reliability of the new method. They can be suspicious to unexpected ideas and propositions that may require an alternative way of dealing with things. In these cases ISTjs become confused, overwhelmed and disorientated.

http://www.socionics.com/advan/prof/istj.htm
    do you think super-ego functions solicit dependence? it seems like they would be more prone to external avoidance rather than dependence. that's a fundamental tenet of model a and intertype relations as a whole.

moreover, the question was raised about practical dependence - issues i'd associate with Si, Te, and Se.
    i have played in every toilet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    INTPs can cope on their own - if they want to...
    IMHO
    *COUGHbenefitorCOUGH* erm excuse me

It seems like what you are decribing is just normal "dual dependence." It just seems like IxxJs are more dependent because their characteristic "passionless facial expression" changes the most with their duals around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: "Practical" Dependence

Practical

Of, relating to, governed by, or acquired through practice or action, rather than theory, speculation, or ideals: gained practical experience of sailing as a deck hand.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=practical

^just making sure we're on the same page here

not a big fan of the dichotomy approach, but here goes..

Rational:
    -low uncertainty tolerance
    -easily disoriented when put in situations with quickly changing rules

practical matters don't stress these issues as often as they exercise the strengths of rationality. as the great george foreman of george foreman grill fame once said, you plan your work and work your plan. experience and planning, not improvisation and adaptation.

Introversion
    -handling difficult situations with people they don’t know
    -get stuck more easily in undesirable external situations and may not realize that they can change situation or simply get out rather than endlessly adapting
    why is this such a major practical weakness?

Sensing
    -lack of foresight; doesn’t see prospects or dangers looming around corner
    -doubts about what will happen tomorrow
    speculation, and the distress associated with weak speculative skills, doesn't have a lot to do with practical thinking and work (by definition).

Logic
    -often feel helpless when forced to deal with others’ feelings, emotional reactions, and subjective factors
    - more subject to emotional manipulation and not recognizing others’ true feelings and attitudes in time
    creative diplomacy is definitely a weakness and dependency of ISTj types.it's still only an implicit source of practical weakness, and one that probably doesn't thrust the ISTj into the top 25% of types that are weak in the practical realm.

i understand what you're saying, but i don't think it demonstrates that such a large percentage of ISTj types are highly dependent in practical matters such that it affirms the original poster's question. if you disagree and would like to elaborate further, please do.

(Case closed.)
    uh way to go holmes

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I honestly do not see the connection between practicality and introverted irrationality. Personally, Im pretty dependent on others in prectical matters. And I suck at them. I Think practicality has more to do with S vs N than J vs P. And appearantly so do most socionics documents Ive read.