Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my type

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my type

IxTx is my start. I'm calm in work and day to day matters(except for situations dealing with other people on a social level). I know i come off as a jerk on the messageboard, but when in rl( :] ) i'm rarely boisterous, loud or anything but accomodating. I enjoy being by myself, and my alone time(which is most spend doing physical activity) or reading or occasionally playing fast paced video games. I get along well with people but have trouble listening, and sometimes suspect others of incompetence. This usually manifests in my unusually mistrustful watchful eye. I react inappropriately to people for no reason, here is an accurate representation: I was playing through a group of people in a game of solo speed frisbee golf(a real blast!) and after i shot my frisbee, i lost track of it(this is why i play solo, i find being around other people so distracting i can't play the game with any level of competency, in fact, almost all my life is this way, unless i'm at work, in which case i like to stand out because of my skill). The group of young men was sort of boisterous and drunk, and annoying, definitely not men of my social caliber. Anyway, they were trying to help me find my frisbee, and one yelled, "hey we'll play charades" and he tapped his forearm, which i was suppose to conclude meant 'foreward.' They were trying to help me, but i was just getting angry because they were shouting when i was trying to find my frisbee. After locating my frisbee, i shouted, "hey i know a game! it's called shut the fuck up, the rules are you shut the fuck up and i find my frisbee! good luck!" then i picked up and waved my frisbee. There was no reason to react with hostility because they were trying to help me, but i still did so because they were being annoying(in my eyes). I felt guilty. This happens a lot but i'm trying to give more people room to breathe lately.

I believe my type is either istj or istp. Thank you.
    asd

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That episode does suggest a problem with but it could relate to too I think.

Anyway I don't think you are an ISTj. ISTp is possible but I don't think these are the only two possibilities.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm going with ISFp.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm going with ISFp.
    yr nuts. you mistake my love of talking to the female with .
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would you prefer ESTp? that's my 2nd best guess!
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would you prefer ESTp? that's my 2nd best guess!
    i'd prefer for you to just agree with whatever i say, but knowing your strong, and fight-ready temperament, i'll be fine just blocking you out for now.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat

Anyway I don't think you are an ISTj. ISTp is possible but I don't think these are the only two possibilities.
    i've also seen INTp as a possibility(especially after reading your description of them, the caustic sarcastic remarks, etc) And also, the ENTj guy I know reminds me of myself in a lot of ways, he is just more competitive and upfront. In fact when in his company, I feel most comfortable because he talks endlessly, I learn, and ask questions, and we can trade jokes successfully. Also, I considered this because my sometimes snarling misanthropy. But I didn't want to conference with the idea because this board seems opposed to any NT being a remotely 'real-world' sort of person. Also the idea of having such a fine concept of another person to the point of prediction is something i believe i have. It's one of those things that makes me irritable when around others(and also groups), i know their opinions and ideas so well that i know how they see any issue presented. This often makes me feel like i don't have an opinion on anything because i'm too busy studying the worldviews of people present. I work with a woman who is an ISFj. She's very tough, and has extreme moral fortitude. I appreciate her company, and hardnose look at other people's actions, and we share similar humor. Recently there was a visiting family and she witnessed a woman hitting her nephew in play, she spoke up to the woman and said, "Should I call the department of family services?" The woman being questioned said, "I won't get to see my nephew for another year, so i gotta hit him a little bit now." I said to the ISFj woman, "best year of his life," and we shared a laugh. That's my intertype relationships checklist so far. Also, I appreciate your posts, although i think your approach to typing is a bit too mathematical and systematic, but i suppose that is really the best you can offer when you aren't engaged in real life with another person. just some thoughts. thanks.

here's a funny picture of me:
    asd

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    i've also seen INTp as a possibility(especially after reading your description of them, the caustic sarcastic remarks, etc) And also, the ENTj guy I know reminds me of myself in a lot of ways, he is just more competitive and upfront. In fact when in his company, I feel most comfortable because he talks endlessly, I learn, and ask questions, and we can trade jokes successfully. Also, I considered this because my sometimes snarling misanthropy.
    This does suggest IXTp.

But I didn't want to conference with the idea because this board seems opposed to any NT being a remotely 'real-world' sort of person.
    I think you're wrong there.

Also the idea of having such a fine concept of another person to the point of prediction is something i believe i have. It's one of those things that makes me irritable when around others(and also groups), i know their opinions and ideas so well that i know how they see any issue presented. This often makes me feel like i don't have an opinion on anything because i'm too busy studying the worldviews of people present. I work with a woman who is an ISFj. She's very tough, and has extreme moral fortitude. I appreciate her company, and hardnose look at other people's actions, and we share similar humor. Recently there was a visiting family and she witnessed a woman hitting her nephew in play, she spoke up to the woman and said, "Should I call the department of family services?" The woman being questioned said, "I won't get to see my nephew for another year, so i gotta hit him a little bit now." I said to the ISFj woman, "best year of his life," and we shared a laugh. That's my intertype relationships checklist so far.
    You have a better understanding of ISFjs than many, even most, people.

I think you're possibly IXTp, if so I still prefer ISTp to INTp. As for the intertype relationships, the problem is always if the others are typed right.

Also, I appreciate your posts, although i think your approach to typing is a bit too mathematical and systematic, but i suppose that is really the best you can offer when you aren't engaged in real life with another person. just some thoughts. thanks.
    Thank you. And yes, that is the best I can do when analysing online.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: my type

IxTx is my start. I'm calm in work and day to day matters(except for situations dealing with other people on a social level). I know i come off as a jerk on the messageboard, but when in rl( :] ) i'm rarely boisterous, loud or anything but accomodating. I enjoy being by myself, and my alone time(which is most spend doing physical activity) or reading or occasionally playing fast paced video games. I get along well with people but have trouble listening, and sometimes suspect others of incompetence. This usually manifests in my unusually mistrustful watchful eye. I react inappropriately to people for no reason, here is an accurate representation: I was playing through a group of people in a game of solo speed frisbee golf(a real blast!) and after i shot my frisbee, i lost track of it(this is why i play solo, i find being around other people so distracting i can't play the game with any level of competency, in fact, almost all my life is this way, unless i'm at work, in which case i like to stand out because of my skill). The group of young men was sort of boisterous and drunk, and annoying, definitely not men of my social caliber. Anyway, they were trying to help me find my frisbee, and one yelled, "hey we'll play charades" and he tapped his forearm, which i was suppose to conclude meant 'foreward.' They were trying to help me, but i was just getting angry because they were shouting when i was trying to find my frisbee. After locating my frisbee, i shouted, "hey i know a game! it's called shut the fuck up, the rules are you shut the fuck up and i find my frisbee! good luck!" then i picked up and waved my frisbee. There was no reason to react with hostility because they were trying to help me, but i still did so because they were being annoying(in my eyes). I felt guilty. This happens a lot but i'm trying to give more people room to breathe lately.

I believe my type is either istj or istp. Thank you.

" but have trouble listening, and sometimes suspect others of incompetence. " -Ti, but "I get along well with people " - Se

among other things.

ESTp/ISTj. I have an ISTj friend who sounds like you but is not as.. she wouldnt say that frisbee thing, but she would think it, but with less Ne. if people get annoyed with me its because i have too much Ne, and your interaction reminded me of that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All INTPs I know are not althetic or outdoorsy...which suggests ESTP. The outburst and 'reading' people suggests ESTP too but something about you suggests introvert.

ISTP? ISTJ?
    INFP

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heath is right, the vast majority do seem to be opposed to NTs being athletic or socially capable. I offer myself as a counter example. I, along with an ENTj friend, play on one of the premier New England prep school lacrosse teams. Another ENTp friend of mine is near the top (if not at it) of the short list of pitchers who got drafted for full-ride scholarships to division 1 schools this year. The three of us are socially capable, active people with "normal" lives. Stop the prejudices, people.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Heath is right, the vast majority do seem to be opposed to NTs being athletic or socially capable. I offer myself as a counter example. I, along with an ENTj friend, play on one of the premier New England prep school lacrosse teams. Another ENTp friend of mine is near the top (if not at it) of the short list of pitchers who got drafted for full-ride scholarships to division 1 schools this year. The three of us are socially capable, active people with "normal" lives. Stop the prejudices, people.
    This is what I've been trying to say. Most people don't realize how many ENTPs can be athletic (and sociable). I think they just see these types of people and type them as "ESTP" or whatever.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with both rocky and gilligan. athleticism/big muscles doesn't always mean sensor, nor does socialability mean feeler (have you ever met a sickly INFp?) one of the most outdoorsy, muscular guys i know is an INFp. he is so muscular/outdoorsy, that you'd definitely think he were some dominant type. i'd generally say that INTps aren't particularly athletic, though.

on the other hand, i agree with miss k. you remind me too much of the ESTp/ISTj guys i know. you're one of those types that tends to like me "IRL", that's my bet.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Upon first reading and just following my intuition, I would say a confident ISTp. :wink:
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

c'mon heath you're entp and you know it.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is difficult, from a V.I. perspective, I do look a lot like gilligan87(only when i hate myself), minus a few features(my face is heavier). I think i may be estp or istp. The reason i always think ISTP is because i don't relate to the beta quadra. Suffer and Conquer doesn't like sound like me. Live and let live makes a lot of sense to me.
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

post some more pix? sorry if i don´t agree much on ISTp. i just generally consider to be sort of a "charmer" function, although i can agree you have some sarcasm. i don´t consider this to be indicative of any certain type. lots of ESTps i know are sarcastic, though.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's a funny picture of me:
    dana carvey in waynes world with different hair.

I remember going thru wyoming a few weeks ago and i couldn't believe how some people REALLY like to live away from other people...it's amazing how far away from others people will live. I only say this because wyoming just seemed like about 3 or 4 towns/cities and the rest was just land... I stayed in Rawlins, WY on my way thru. It seemed like that town just revolves around the truck stop there...lol

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana

Heath! I had no idea you were in WY too! Weird. Cracka -- I'm thinking of going to my folks' for the 4th and if so, I'll be going right through Rawlins. I might even stop at the truck stop there
    I kept it a secret because i didn't want to have an obligatory conversation about the area. Truth is, I really like wyoming. The nature here is as humbling as the people are humble. Rawlins is also home to our very own State Pen.

seeya
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is difficult, from a V.I. perspective, I do look a lot like gilligan87(only when i hate myself), minus a few features(my face is heavier). I think i may be estp or istp. The reason i always think ISTP is because i don't relate to the beta quadra. Suffer and Conquer doesn't like sound like me. Live and let live makes a lot of sense to me.
    live and let live seems like a good idea to everyone. not everyone follows through on that, though.. i don´t really think quadra behavior can be summed up into one tiny saying like that, anyway. nearly everyone seems to say, "well, i must be delta!"

i´m not sure most beta members would relate with "suffer and conquer" either. generally the ESTps i know don't come off as "suffer and conquer" types. more like guys with occasionally offensive senses of humor who are (in my experiences, at least) almost always really into music (production and what have you) and they nearly always cook amazing food. they also tend to want to whisk me off to japan and what have you.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they also tend to want to whisk me off to japan and what have you.
    or at least lie to you for the temporary satisfaction of their highly at-risk internet ego.

girl, i'd take you to japan. girl, when we got there, i'd feed you american food.
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it´s the same ESTp guy i´ve known since highschool, so his internet ego isn´t at stake.

p.s. hot! do it! makudonarudo sounds awesome right now.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit: type is inapplicable for me seeing as how i lack the qualifiers: Soul, humanity, conviction, moral, intellect, but mostly soul. see ya!
    asd

Creepy-pokeball

edit: type is inapplicable for me seeing as how i lack the qualifiers: Soul, humanity, conviction, moral, intellect, but mostly soul. see ya!

lies

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyhow, if Kim sees more ISTp, i´ll just go on ahead and trust Kim on this one, although i tend to disagree. she likely knows more of them than i do.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, heath, I just don't see it. You're too smiley for an istp.

You said estp when you first got here, but the vi doesn't fit.

You're a musician which seems to indicate infp, but you say you don't relate to beta.

You're posts are usually irreverent which suggests entp somewhat.

maybe you're isfp.
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am under the impression that this person shares a similar look with heath:

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope it's not as heavy as it is wrong.
    asd

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said, just an impression. I was scanning some ISFp pics and this one caught my eye. Spur of the moment kind of thing.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heath: Is your humor the same in real life as online?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you mean, gilligan. I agree.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys say ISFp, I say YES! Otherwise I would have thought that I'm saying ISFp just because heath must be my conflictor. (the logic that everyone you don't understand or don't like are your conflictors).

I sense a hectic arrogant attitude in Heath's posts, "I only care about myself, I say what I want, I don't care what others think because I make the social rules.". When Fe-polr (INTp, ISTp) people annoy others, they still care. INTps tend to be more careful about not saying the wrong thing (that's why they talk very little or try too hard to impress with book-information and originality.) And ISTps know that they will say the wrong thing but they do it anyway. The social rules are a strong pressure for them, so they try to fight against them by acting "like themselves". ISTps tend to defy social rules by principle.

Your attitude could very well be Fe, but I really doubt Fe-polr. ISTp could be a possibility (depending on the reason for your nasty posts), but VI says something else.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those two pictures are diferent. And that guy is not ISFp in my opinion, rather ESFp.

I think that heath is type. Shows a great confidence and willingness to fight for he's right and territory. ISTp doesn't do that because the loud and emotional responce will attac it's Painfull . Rest is unclear for me. That picture seems like he is ESTp. He's look makes me to think that he was under the influence of he's 3rd function, the . Any Lyricists here willing to admire our new possible Fieldmarshal?
    Semiotical process

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb'07
    Those two pictures are diferent. And that guy is not ISFp in my opinion, rather ESFp.

I think that heath is type. Shows a great confidence and willingness to fight for he's right and territory. ISTp doesn't do that because the loud and emotional responce will attac it's Painfull . Rest is unclear for me. That picture seems like he is ESTp. He's look makes me to think that he was under the influence of he's 3rd function, the . Any Lyricists here willing to admire our new possible Fieldmarshal?
    Too bad you disagree; that's a Filatova pic, so you're going up against a serious socionist and the most prolific VIer there is.

These characteristics are not exclusive to nor indicative of an type.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad you disagree; that's a Filatova pic, so you're going up against a serious socionist and the most prolific VIer there is.

These characteristics are not exclusive to nor indicative of an type.
    I think jsb was talking about heath and heath wasn't typed by Filatova. (don't mind me, I'm just correcting a misunderstanding)
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Heath: Is your humor the same in real life as online?
    no i'm really subdued in real life(although i'm very high energy in a work environment, i don't play around when it comes to getting stuff done). I've always liked putting my humor together in the written form, so that's why it comes out here. My humor in real life is like a very rare sarcastic statement, or just something i can share with my friends. I like to make fun of other people, mostly about their horrible habits with consumption, their laziness. I'm never judgemental, just observant of other's effectiveness in social and work areas.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not fighting for anything. I never have, i've always tried to convince people not to fight.
    asd

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Could this also suggest extreme confidence with and bigger reaction than was necessary (Fe-drama)?
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    If you guys say ISFp, I say YES! Otherwise I would have thought that I'm saying ISFp just because heath must be my conflictor. (the logic that everyone you don't understand or don't like are your conflictors).

I sense a hectic arrogant attitude in Heath's posts, "I only care about myself, I say what I want, I don't care what others think because I make the social rules.". When Fe-polr (INTp, ISTp) people annoy others, they still care. INTps tend to be more careful about not saying the wrong thing (that's why they talk very little or try too hard to impress with book-information and originality.) And ISTps know that they will say the wrong thing but they do it anyway. The social rules are a strong pressure for them, so they try to fight against them by acting "like themselves". ISTps tend to defy social rules by principle.

Your attitude could very well be Fe, but I really doubt Fe-polr. ISTp could be a possibility (depending on the reason for your nasty posts), but VI says something else.
    I 'don't care' in a different way. I don't care what other people do because they are absolutely free to do whatever they want, even if it means making fun of someone(if being made fun of on this messageboard hurts you then you have serious problems that i will address in a private message). Also, this messageboard has become a valuable means of expression to me personally. I rarely get to use my humor in person. I don't get to use it because i'm neurotic about how others will react, and any potentional harm.

Also, i have many of the habits we have associated with the ISTp:

Losing track of time or obligations due to 'taking care of one's self.'
    -happens all the time

Having an interest that may not be practical, but means a lot to the ISTp:
    -Play drums religiously. I do it because i excel, and understand the instrument.

Practical thinking:
    -I know how to take care of things.

Cut off from other people:
    -For christ's sake i moved out of my friends house just to be away from my friends. I rarely see others, never call anyone, and have a hard time laughing with others, etc. When i do meet people wutg whom i can share aspects of my life, i am very estatic.

Relaxation and Perfection:
    -I'm meticulous. in example: i never ever make a mess when i cook.

i could go on. Just becausae i laugh doesn't mean i can't be an istp.
    asd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast