Thread: Where can I find Socionics articles & research to help with translation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Where can I find Socionics articles & research to help with translation?

Hello there, Socionics Community,
    I would like to improve on the already existing translations by providing better ones that are more consistent and grammatically correct. However, I lack the knowledge of where to possibly find the original Russian descriptions, and articles. Could anyone please point me to some directions?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here you can find some pretty cool, translation thirsty, Socionics articles: http://www.newsocionicsmodel.narod.ru/

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You can find socionics articles written in Russian on websites of various socionics schools and training organizations, and partially on some of the larger socionics forums.

These are the names of various known socionists and their affiliations. This list is not complete, but contains the names of those whose articles and type profiles have been already translated to English and used as reference materials on English-speaking socionics sites:
    Wikisocion - Category : Socionists

These are various socionics forums:
    Wikisocion - Socionics forums

Some of more well-known socionics schools and groups that have published potentially interesting articles:
    Wikisocion - Socionics Schools and Organizations

The way I have typically done the translations is as follows:

1. First post the article's URL into Google Translator for a quick automatic translation.

2. Repost the automatic translation into some text application. Then carefully read it and replace any phrases or words that are unclear and need further translation. Use best guess approximations when not sure.
    *** Tip: If some word of phrase repeats multiple times in text, in some text applications there is a feature to automatically replace each instance of that phrase with needed translation. In google documents this feature is under Edit -> Find and Replace. This shortens translation time.
    *** Untranslated words can be looked up via Russian-English dictionaries such as Reverso, Babylon, Rustran, Linguee, and Bab.la.

+++ Clarifications of several commonly encoutered weird automatic substitutions:

OR - ILI
    LEAHS - LII
    FEL - LSE
    EIS - SEI
    IEA - IEE
    IO - intertype relations
    poludualnye - semi-duality
    co-player or duala - dual (as a noun)
    reviznye - supervision
    kvazitozhdestvo - quasi-identity
    beetles - Zhukov or SLE ("zhuk" means "a beetle" in russian this is why automatic translators convert "Zhukov" as "beetles")
    floor - most likely "gender", in russian "gender" and "floor" are denoted by the same word so many automatic translations will substitute the word "floor" for "gender"

40+ other socionics websites with potentially interesting material that would be nice to have translated:

Last edited by silke; 05-14-2016 at 12:03 AM.

Creepy-bg

I haven't been involved in or looked at the articles much, but it seems like having the references to the original russian articles should be made standard.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I will attempt to get you sources for these articles, it exists for many of the articles and there is no single source for all of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the input guys! I am currently re-translating Beskov's portraits. I began with the one on the Ethical-Intuitive Introvert (INFJ), and so far it looks much better than the already available version! I will be translating other descriptions and articles too.

Creepy-bg

sorry, i guess i didn't mean references so much as i meant references in the form of links to the actual article in russian.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/showthread.php/37949-Russian-and-other-Socionics-sites

There is a thread to post the Russian and Foreign original article sites as well. Once the holidays is over I will try to get all the articles updated with a link to the original translation. If anyone wishes to translated, post in this forum and these articles/translations will be moved to the CMS http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php.

Thanks to all the translators past and present for all the effort to create this resources for everyone to study!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silke, please, add School of Associative socionics in your list of schools.
    I wonder if there are socionists on this forum who would like to take part in the serious discussions about theory and practice of socionics on my forum together with Russian speaking socionists?
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    You can find socionics articles written in Russian language at the websites of various socionics schools.

To reference the names of various socionists: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ory:Socionists

School of Humanitarian Socionics - features articles by Gulenko, Dovgan, and a few other authors associated with this school.
    Meged and Ovcharov - main website - contains complete works of Valentina Meged and Anatoliy Ovcharov.
    School of System Socionics - articles by Eglit, Ermak, Tumolskaya for the most part, very theoretical and analytical approach to socionics., they have also translated some of their available reading material into English: http://en.socionicasys.org/biblioteka
    School of Applied Socionics - articles by Elena Udalova and Tatiana Prokofieva.
    Socionics Research Institute - compilation of articles by Tatiana Prokofieva and several other authors.
    Dynamic Socionics - publications by Mironov and several other authors.
    School of Structural Socionics - has a number of interesting articles re-examining understanding of several socionics dichotomies by A. Trehov. and P. Tsipin.
    Socionika-forever.com - Statievskaya's blog on types, intertypes, quadra, and dichotomies.
    International Institute of Socionics - articles by various authors, contain much of Bukalov's work.
    Newsocionicsmodel.narod.ru - articles and research by Victor Talanov.
    Socionic.ru - large collections of articles by various authors, including socionics related humor.
    Socionics, Mentology and Personality Psychology Journal - most prominent socionics journal, contains abstracts for socionics publications for the past two decades.

The way I've done the translations before is as follows:
    1. First post the article's URL into Google Translator for a quick automatic translation.
    2. Repost the automatic translation into a notepad. Then look for any phrases or words that are unclear and need further translation. Use best guess approximations when not sure. You can look up untranslated words using Rus-Eng dictionaries such as Babylon, Rustran, Linguee, and Bab.la.
    Clarification of several common automatic mis-translations:

OR - ILI
    LEAHS - LII
    FEL - LSE
    EIS - SEI
    IEA - IEE
    IO - intertype relations
    poludualnye - semi-duality
    co-player or duala - dual (as a noun)
    reviznye - supervision
    kvazitozhdestvo - quasi-identity
    beetles - Zhukov or SLE ("zhuk" means "a beetle" in russian this is why automatic translators convert "Zhukov" as "beetles")
    floor - most likely "gender", in russian "gender" and "floor" are denoted by the same word so many automatic translations will substitute the word "floor" for "gender"

40+ Other Socionics Websites with potentially interesting and insightful articles and posts that would be nice to have translated:

I forgot to mention you in the IEI thread
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html