Thread: Tidy bedroom

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tidy bedroom

Which types keep their bedroom tidy.

I think ISTp is one of them. Which other types as well?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. According to my ISTp husband's mother, he did not keep his bedroom neat as a child.

Now, as an adult, he nags me to keep the bedroom neat. Does him nagging me about it count as him keeping it neat? LOL
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing with bedrooms (and any rooms) is that I tend to adapt to whatever conditions they are in and what I dislike is change. It can be tidy, untidy, whatever... and I won't bother to change if I feel comfortable enough in it the way it is. I do tend to keep my bedroom clean, with as much less stuff in it as possible, and as much less unnecessary everyday changes, which can irritate me, especially when made by others.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Hmmm. According to my ISTp husband's mother, he did not keep his bedroom neat as a child.

Now, as an adult, he nags me to keep the bedroom neat. Does him nagging me about it count as him keeping it neat? LOL
    oh, well, if it does count...i'll start doing more nagging

i love a clean room
    i just hate DOING a clean room
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I collect to much stuff (just in case I need this peice of string in the future!) for any room I'm in to be considered clean. I hate to clean unless I get the "bug" then I clean non-stop for hours, but that only happens once in awhile
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky

That's me exactly.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my bedroom dresser

the corner of my bedroom

oops... shitty resolution. that's okay, we don't really need to see this stuff all that clearly...
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mine looks more or less like joy's, except my bed takes up the greater part of the room so i just stick all my stuff on that.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, that bedroom of joy's obviously looks a lot like that of an ISTj....

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTP as one of the neatest? ha! Good lord, you do NOT want to see my room. I tend to loose a lot of things under the abyss that is my bed.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy's bedroom is like that because she's a lazy ho.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*looks at Joy's house pictures*

ok, i don't feel so bad now
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. the rest of the house doesn't look anything like that. peter keeps it clean.
    SEE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica129
    ISTP as one of the neatest? ha! Good lord, you do NOT want to see my room. I tend to loose a lot of things under the abyss that is my bed.
    Me 2. Only time I tidy is when mum's coming round or something, but even then I don't really tidy, just make it look tidy lol. When i'm round a friends house, and they are really clean and tidy, it feels sooo uncomfortable, it's like im afraid to sit down or do anything, just incase I leave a microscopic grain of dirt on the couch or move anything 0.1 degrees off line or something Instead of just relaxing and enjoying whats going on, im all hyper aware of everything I touch, as it might put things out of their high standard of tidyness and cleanness, I dont find it a comfortable environment when its like that
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which types keep their bedroom tidy.

I think ISTp is one of them. Which other types as well?
    What is the basis of the original comment though....Is it observation, or is it based on the functions?

Some people might think that ISTp, having Si/Te as the main functions, would be super neat because in other other typology systems that's how it works with ISTJ....Is that the basis here? Or something else?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    9:33 or 9:36, which is the real time!? Or is each correct, in its own special way?

ISTj, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sleep through alarms unless I set two. They go off a few minutes apart, making it more difficult for me to fall back into a deep sleep after hitting the snooze button. Also, sometimes I turn my alarm off in my sleep, and I'm less likely to do that if there are two set. I haven't had to do this as much since Peter's been living here because now I get 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night instead of 3 or 4.
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my room is clean, i have a place for every sort of clothing that i may need. clothes for the outside world are usually stacked on my dresser, they accumlate throughout the week since only wear my nice outside world clothes when i'm in the nice outside world. i don't want them to ruin by keeping them on all the time. My work clothing is folded and resting on the foot of the mostly unused treadmill in my room. The clothes i sleep in are folded and tucked into the nightstand next to my bed. All my personal items and any loose change is organized and resting on top of my dresser. My dresser is organized.

I'm very neat, but never in an aestetic sense, I place everything where it belongs so when i'm rushing and getting ready for the day(i always spend too much time playing drums or preparing food to manage to get out the door on time), I'll be incredibly quick about it. I can undress and dress in under a minute. Goshdarn, I'm way weird about crap like this, but it's nice being professional with day to day matters.

Also, there isn't a single decoration in my room. I didn't notice until someone mentioned it. Decorating makes me feel awkward. i'd like to decorate my room, it has lots of cool shapes. I'd be cool to paint a map of the rest of my house on my room.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flower
    When i'm round a friends house, and they are really clean and tidy, it feels sooo uncomfortable, it's like im afraid to sit down or do anything, just incase I leave a microscopic grain of dirt on the couch or move anything 0.1 degrees off line or something
    I generally see that situation as a challenge, just for me!
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soggy-flakes
    I never, ever sleep through an alarm. I tend to be a light sleeper- every little sound wakes me up. I live in an apartment and someone taking a shower in the apartment above me can wake me up. So can birds chirping outside.
    i used to be a light sleeper, then i heard my best friend banging my recent ex-girlfriend and decided that being a heavy sleeper for the rest of my life is a good idea.
    asd

Creepy-pokeball

My room is clean except for some random clothes on the floor. When I go to bed, I usually just crash and fling my clothes off lol. Im usually more excited to be tired than to care about anything else (insomnia).

Like Heath, I dont decorate. I only sleep and dress in my room. My media room has all the fun stuff in it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My room is somewhat messy, but clean. I don't have everything set up as heath, but I don't have a total mess like Joy, either. The biggest amount of mess is caused by printed sheets of things I want to read, which tend to accumulate.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pfft it's not a total mess. it's all clothes for the most part.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep mine orderly and picked up but I can't stand to dust etc. I usually do deep cleaning in there about 3x/year.

I'm obsessive about keeping things picked up can't stand clutter.
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*raises an eyebrow*
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My room is usually a mess, usually just clothes all over, but my apartment is usually pretty nice and tidy. I only tend to pick up in my room if I plan on someone coming over. :wink:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cute teddy bear Joy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rooms I've lived in have always been extremely messy and cramped. I'm a pack rat, so usually I have too much stuff and not enough room to really tidy up.

Oh, but my ex-girlfriend's room (her being ESTj) was the wildest thing I've ever seen. It wasn't that it was overly messy or spotlessly clean--although it was pretty clean. It was that the whole room was completely decorated: walls completely plastered with 4-H related posters, a fuzzy pink rug, frilly things hanging everywhere, and every possible color you could think of. It was like a wonderland in there. But it would be a claustrophobic's nightmare: it was a cramped room, and the added decorations made you feel like you were being "hugged" by it.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    cute teddy bear Joy.
    thanks. they're my ex husbands... given to him by an ex girlfriend...
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread is my favorite topic for casual discussion. awesome thanks guys
    asd

Creepy-

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP

I have semi-decorations thanks to my ISFp father, and I painted all my walls different (though still complementary) colors, because I'm idosyncratic and cannot stand (the same) (off)white walls. But I'd much rather go completely spartan and take everything out of my room and the put in only what I need. (hmm, perhaps tomorrow....).

I find myself having trouble dressing sometimes, so I try to just narrow it down, or have pre-set ideas about what is appropriate. I don't dress quickly, sometimes. I am currently in one of those "bug" phases as described above, and my room is also in a sort of halfway state at this moment. Perhaps if I get it done tomorrow, I'll post a picture of my results!

I like open spaces and clear floors, and things being clean... it is just that I don't naturally "do" the proper maintenence for such. However, perhaps I can develop some sort of program or routine to execute for such - to sustain some of my current 'motivation', etc etc. Just because I don't acknoledge the laundry pile or the dishes does not mean it isn't there and has no impact. Advancing that, I am finding that if I am more regular in certain maintenences, it is "a good thing".

And also, because of my current "situation", maintenence of the house, and clearning the basement, and keeping things in order is "something I can do", so it will be interesting, but I'm going to see what I can do. Not really "INTj forte", no, but it should be an interesting experience none - the less. And besides, it will probably be good for me anyway.
    You are looking at the problem in too many details. Cleanliness and order isn't maintained by extremely well thought out ideas, it's maintained by action. I always use the reason 'messes accumulate' to motivate myself. Everything you need to do to maintain a clean environment is obvious, but if you'd rather create your own system, more power to you... but goddamnit!! Be incredibly boring and normal for a few minutes, for practicality's sake!
    asd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP

I have semi-decorations thanks to my ISFp father, and I painted all my walls different (though still complementary) colors, because I'm idosyncratic and cannot stand (the same) (off)white walls. But I'd much rather go completely spartan and take everything out of my room and the put in only what I need. (hmm, perhaps tomorrow....).

I find myself having trouble dressing sometimes, so I try to just narrow it down, or have pre-set ideas about what is appropriate. I don't dress quickly, sometimes. I am currently in one of those "bug" phases as described above, and my room is also in a sort of halfway state at this moment. Perhaps if I get it done tomorrow, I'll post a picture of my results!

I like open spaces and clear floors, and things being clean... it is just that I don't naturally "do" the proper maintenence for such. However, perhaps I can develop some sort of program or routine to execute for such - to sustain some of my current 'motivation', etc etc. Just because I don't acknoledge the laundry pile or the dishes does not mean it isn't there and has no impact. Advancing that, I am finding that if I am more regular in certain maintenences, it is "a good thing".

And also, because of my current "situation", maintenence of the house, and clearning the basement, and keeping things in order is "something I can do", so it will be interesting, but I'm going to see what I can do. Not really "INTj forte", no, but it should be an interesting experience none - the less. And besides, it will probably be good for me anyway.
    You are looking at the problem in too many details. Cleanliness and order isn't maintained by extremely well thought out ideas, it's maintained by action. I always use the reason 'messes accumulate' to motivate myself. Everything you need to do to maintain a clean environment is obvious, but if you'd rather create your own system, more power to you... but goddamnit!! Be incredibly boring and normal for a few minutes, for practicality's sake!
    now you're seeming more practical heath.
    Entp
    ILE