Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem with dual marriages

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default problem with dual marriages

The problem I think is, that although duality provides functonal/practical support, when it comes to verbal communication and understanding there is a psychological gap between duals. This gives such a relationship a kind of emptiness.

In my opinion verbal communication and understanding is better between identical relations.

The question is, what does a person want more in a relationship - a person who understands them or a person who provides functional/practical support.

I beleive that people want someone who understands them rather than functional support. In additon a relationship of functional support does not fit into the western concept of a "personal relationship" IMHO, unlike a relationship of understanding. In a dual relationship, you don't feel that you are in a relationship, rather you just feel that your weaknesses are being relieved. Your dual is your subconscious shadow who does not consciously understand you.

DISCUSS

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emptiness?

I have dated ENFps in the past and that was fun but I'm definitely happiest with my dual husband. I find my marriage very calming. I tend to be hyper, and even anxious, sometimes, including with other ENFps.

And I definitely feel like I'm in a relationship.

I can't judge other people's relationships, so certainly people in identical marriages might be just as happy as we are.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: problem with dual marriages

Quote Originally Posted by gaypog
    The problem I think is, that although duality provides functonal/practical support, when it comes to verbal communication and understanding there is a psychological gap between duals. This gives such a relationship a kind of emptiness.

In my opinion verbal communication and understanding is better between identical relations.

The question is, what does a person want more in a relationship - a person who understands them or a person who provides functional/practical support.

I beleive that people want someone who understands them rather than functional support. In additon a relationship of functional support does not fit into the western concept of a "personal relationship" IMHO, unlike a relationship of understanding. In a dual relationship, you don't feel that you are in a relationship, rather you just feel that your weaknesses are being relieved. Your dual is your subconscious shadow who does not consciously understand you.

DISCUSS
    No offense to other ENFps, but the last thing I'd ever want to date would be yet another ENFp

ok, well maybe not the last

but once i went Si....i can't go back
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that duality is ideal only when partners are attracted to eachother and fit other criteria for compatability, such as mutual intellectual stimulation, shared life goals, similar interests and lifestyles, and personal values that do not contradict eachothers.

Duality may not be for everyone. *shrugs* I think it depends a lot more on the person than it does JUST that person's type.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise

DISCUSS
    No offense to other ENFps, but the last thing I'd ever want to date would be yet another ENFp

ok, well maybe not the last

What does Si give you that you can't find elsewhere?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you are probably right about that.

The question is if that is the right question to ask. I believe that most people believe that what is best for them is a person who understands them and/or they believe that what they want more is understanding. But what if what is really best for them is not understanding but functional/practical support? It is my experience that people are not particularly good at determining what kind of relation is best suited for them. They tend to form relations based on what they feel and what they want at the moment, but very often they make mistakes because of that. What seemed like a good relation turned out to be something very different from what they had hoped for etc.

My point is that people are often poor judgers of what is in their best interest. That comes as no surprise of course, especially in romantic relationships, when you consider the fact that falling in love is, physiologically speaking, a stress reaction, where cortisole, endorphines, and phenyletylamine are released. In that condition, which usually lasts for 6-7 months, your ability to think clearly and make rational decisions is severly diminished.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well put Phaedrus!

What I was talking about above is the western mentality with regards to romantic relationships, and the problems they will face with duality.

Duality conflicts with western ideals, such as having a consious understanding of each other.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, gaypog!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh...opposites attract for me. I rather be with someone who balances me than someone who understands me. I understand myself nicely on my own and that's what you have identical friends, etc, etc, for. I think understanding each other completely can be a little boring. And if you both have the same weak points, it's a little harder to solve problems. I love the idea of duality, two pieces of a puzzle!
    INFP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    Eh...opposites attract for me. I rather be with someone who balances me than someone who understands me. I understand myself nicely on my own and that's what you have identical friends, etc, etc, for. I think understanding each other completely can be a little boring. And if you both have the same weak points, it's a little harder to solve problems. I love the idea of duality, two pieces of a puzzle!
    100% agree. I have a relationship with someone very different from me and I couldn't have explained why better than you just did
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    What does Si give you that you can't find elsewhere?
    I have mentioned in previous discussions about how I prefer introverts over extroverts. When a person says something, my mind kicks in a dozen or so ...branches... of possible directions it could go/come from/mean. With an extrovert, they'll next say something else that pops in a dozen more or so directions, and with each comment, I wind up with a mass of inner turmoil because they offer no direction for me to actually follow. Worse is when the extrovert says things that conflict with each other. I mean, I understand that in most cases, they are either thinking out loud or just describing their thoughts to me. But it's not something I can count on as being consistent enough for me to rely on.

However, when an introvert speaks, in most cases, I can count on them already having gone over the thinking process and such, and that what they just said is fairly close to their final thought/description. I still get a dozen or so branches, but the introvert doesn't add as much to it as an extrovert, and the introvert even seems to go so far as ....guide me...on which branch to follow, when they make their next statement. So basically, introverts don't create as much internal turmoil in me as extroverts do.

Introverted Ne2 types seem to have a thing about...starting at one point, and then further opening up perceptions on it. (that is, before they go into role mode...at which point they seem to get stuck)

I won't even bother with Se2 types because I've stated pretty clearly in other posts that I have issues with Se.

Now, when I'm around Ni1 types, I wind up struggling with how they can ignore all the other branches and choose to focus on one branch. Sometimes, it can create conflicts within our conversations. To them, which branch is so obvious, to me, it could very well be a whole other tree.

And finally, when it comes to Si1 types, I find it ....very...soooooothing. Being around them....dampens...how many branches pop up. There is no struggle with trying to figure out which direction they are going, how they decided which branch to follow, how quickly will they change their minds... none of that stuff that causes more branches to occur in my mind. The more familiar I am withthe Si1's experiences/interests, the easier it is for me to figure out the "root" source of what they've just said. So, with them, instead of my perceiving branches...instead I see a trunk. And this trunk is sturdy, and reliable, and sheltering.

And for someone who's inner life is in constant turmoil and upheaval like I described above, this is perhaps the best way to ground themselves.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opposites attract. Introverts attract extraverts etc. But many people seem to believe that they can get everything. Not only do they want someone who is different from them in an interesting and stimulating way, they also want someone who understands them. But since they are not as enlightened as the people on this forum, they don't realize that you can't have every good quality of all of the 16 types highly developed in a single person. So, they are bound to be disappointed.

It is similar to the expectations of employers, who are seeking an employee that is at the same time a perfect salesman, a profound analyst, a thorough, responsible and hardworking administrator, a creative genius, a good listener, a charismatic speaker, a visionary strategist, a smooth negotiator, a tough decision maker, and a nice person.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    I'd hate a relationship with my identical, because I couldn't handle my weaknesses in someone else. The other person should have different weaknesses and different strengths.

Mirror is not too bad, because there is an enormous understanding of each other, although the strengths and weaknesses are different. I've never had close relations with a dual. The only dual I know doesn't count because I'm trying to keep the relation as neutral as possible. (he's dating my sister)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    It is similar to the expectations of employers, who are seeking an employee that is at the same time a perfect salesman, a profound analyst, a thorough, responsible and hardworking administrator, a creative genius, a good listener, a charismatic speaker, a visionary strategist, a smooth negotiator, a tough decision maker, and a nice person.
    You have forgotten, with at least 10 years of relevant work experience in every single of the above mentioned roles (i.e. 70-90 years of experience), and at all that under 25 (thus cheap.)
    XXXx <-- almost a beer

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phaedrus wrote:

You have forgotten, with at least 10 years of relevant work experience in every single of the above mentioned roles (i.e. 70-90 years of experience), and at all that under 25 (thus cheap.)
    Yes, you're right. I forgot. Sorry about that.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand this assumption that growth = more use of lesser-used functions. Growth can also be increased comfort in living as comes naturally.

Duality isn't "stagnant". And why can't dual couples share themselves completely and be enthralled about life with each other?

This, from socionics.us, seems like a really good description of it to me:

What makes dual relations different from all others is that partners are fully rewarded psychologically for applying their strengths and being their normal selves. What is your "normal" self? — your path of least resistance, the way you do things when you stop monitoring yourself and stop thinking about how you should be acting. This "normal" behavior is what makes sense to duals and what doesn't make sense to most other people at a close psychological distance.

As such, dual relations are highly therapeutic. Partners gradually discover their "true" selves and gain an understanding of their inner emotional and psychological territory, their interaction styles, what things they need in other people, and what other people need them for. This understanding is objective because it comes through the other person, who sees aspects of his or her partner's functioning that are inaccessible to the other's awareness under normal conditions. This understanding and the "balancing out" that occurs in dual relations facilitates stable self-awareness in partners, who gradually learn to control what is going on in their external and internal life. This creates optimal conditions for developing one's strengths and achieving other goals in life.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL maybe this is a type thing. I just want to be happy

My mom is an ENTj and she'd say she wants to "expand herself and push the limits of her being" too. I can see those precise words coming out of her mouth!
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't take very much to make me happy. I just like to be able to do fun things and not have to worry about stuff.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashie, I tend to agree with you, but I personally think that possibly the kind of experiences and growth you (and me, of course) seem to need and not find in our duals are due to the fact that they're not supposed to be there. I think that on a theorethical - and possibly practial - baseline dual relationship are a kind of "safe base" from where you can start to explodre and push your limits without feeling like if you get screwed you're gonna end up with nothing. Kind of a "safety net". I know it's stupid, but think about a scenario like this: dual relationship; both parties interested in self-growth; the two parties, being different, of course are going to choose different paths for their growth. Both parties feel sure in their new explorations, since they both know that, if there is a problem, they can find the support of their partner. Thereafter, both parties can enjoy the mutual growth, and share the new ideas/experiences they've gotten from their respective domain of interest, even if the progressisn't necessarily happened toghether. The growth is even more accelerated this way, since we can see the situation as an application of the principle of comprarative advantage in trade.

Ok, I'm being too . I ask for an ISFj, right now, to ground me and piss me off but for my own good
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*waits for diana to explain her above post*

people refer to the same descriptions of duality as if they explain something different than "duals support each other psychologically".

I feel to even enter onto this board its not dumb to assume that people know socionics is based on the premise that people are strong in some areas and weak in others, and that a dual relationship is supposed to support your strengths in a way that is , when you think about it, particular to socionics, or could be thought of that way. What does psychological reward mean? what made augusta pair Introverted Thinking with Extraverted feeling? Rick, can you clarify? I didn't get it the first time.

anyway, duality is supposed to offer this support and its supposed to make you feel comfortable to display your strengths. Does this make them stronger? Why couldnt an identical and yes a mirror relationship strengthen the first two functions, your strengths? What is special about the dual seeking function that allows you to make the first function function normally, or even make it stronger than it would be otherwise? Perhaps the assumption is that if we are not strengthening it or keeping it neutral, it is being diminished. What is the strength level when one is alone? The argument is that time is taken away from using your strength when you are not in duality. I don't see why this makes any of the relations best for anything else. (what is "best", time of use, making it stronger, etc)

This might not be true for everyone, but i also think about my debt to society. One description of duality says that having the person display their strengths is also good for humanity. The question is again why would you be stronger in your strength with the support? I dont see any problem with saying that the dual relationship would be favorable many places, why must it be the best romantic relationship? The statement on socionics.com says that true love can only exist in duality, which drives me nuts. again, not everyone feels the same way, but to me love "shouldn't" have to do with what reward you get from others, especially something they have *no* control over. "I love you because your hair is brown." If you will say that duality provides benefits please do not attribute that falsey to that part of a person that is an autonomous unit.

I see no problem saying that many relationships that make you comfortable can make you just as strong in your strengths than a single dual relationship, and is it a fact that they must come from a person, anyway? i think what i am not assuming is that there must be a stable family unit that would optimally contain your dual for efficiency's sake.

Finally, we should consider that i have deficient Fi and crazy Fe dual seeking functions as an INTj.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    ...I think that on a theorethical - and possibly practial - baseline dual relationship are a kind of "safe base" from where you can start to explodre and push your limits without feeling like if you get screwed you're gonna end up with nothing. Kind of a "safety net". I know it's stupid, but think about a scenario like this: dual relationship; both parties interested in self-growth; the two parties, being different, of course are going to choose different paths for their growth. Both parties feel sure in their new explorations, since they both know that, if there is a problem, they can find the support of their partner. Thereafter, both parties can enjoy the mutual growth, and share the new ideas/experiences they've gotten from their respective domain of interest, even if the progressisn't necessarily happened toghether. The growth is even more accelerated this way, since we can see the situation as an application of the principle of comprarative advantage in trade.
    I kind of see something similar regarding duality. I wanted someone who was pursuing his own interests and would allow me to pursue mine. And yet, some with whom when I was in their vicinity or talking with them, would give me a sense of...wholeness...for faster energy recovery as well as a more direct access to a "subconscious" me which has a different perspective.

One thing that I loved about the ISTp I was with, was that I never felt judged by him, no matter how wild my ideas were. And in fact, he'd go with the flow on them and ask me questions that succeeded in helping me flesh the ideas out..this allowed me to know which changes I needed to make, or whether to just give up on the idea. With my ISFp bf now, I get the lack of being judged part, and a certain type of the go with the flow part. What I miss terribly, are the guiding questions and sense of subconscious strength. I'm still having to expend a lot of energy asking my own guiding questions and such....but I do feel lucky that I have easy access to a faster recovery time than I used to.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, I don't remember where, though. The ISTp I was with wasn't all perfect. He had a tendency towards crassness which I didn't necessarily appreciate, he could be aggressive, and being a pilot, he wasn't as available as I ....needed..at that time in my life.

I would hate it if I felt that my companion was the one pushing me to grow, because it wouldn't necessarily mean that he was pushing me in the direction that I personally would want to go in, nor that he was pushing me in a way that works for me. I feel that that would also take away from my pushing myself to keep growing as opposed to settling in. Learning to push myself instead of being pushed is definitely a growth spurt.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Diana

Perfect.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Diana

*stands up and applauds*
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, Diana!

Like if you're blind and he's deaf, you help each other out and grow stronger because of the support. I don't think duality is TRUE LOVE. I think love is something that can't be explained by the way you think or feel or do...not science at all. Sometimes, it works. Sometimes, it doesn't. Even if the couple is in a duality and looks incredibly happy, things can happen to tear them apart. Some people like my INTP friend needs someone who's just like her because she doesn't understand someone who's the opposite of her and can't take that sort of thing. But I can't stand people with the same flaws as I have because then, we'll be inside moping around doing nothing but feeling depressed and sorry for self. I want someone who can motivate me to live and get things done.

My best friend who's in semi-duality with me gets me to take showers in the morning and go out and do stuff together. It always cheers me up. It's like I absorb some of her energy.

With my INTPs friends, we sit around and talk and complain about how lazy we are.

And when I was talking to the ESTP, I just feel so ambitious and motivated like I can do anything and do it well. Now I don't even want to do laundry.
    INFP

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diana: Great
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-

Well put Phaedrus!

What I was talking about above is the western mentality with regards to romantic relationships, and the problems they will face with duality.

Duality conflicts with western ideals, such as having a consious understanding of each other.
    Westerners aren't exactly great at realtionships, from what Ihave seen. I don't know how it is in Europe or elsewhere. I heard (not sure if it is still accurate) that things like divorce rates are just as bad if not worse in Europe.

But from what I have seen......
    People here in the west are clueless. The number of successful relationships succeeding in these parts are tremendously low.

Westerners, in mymind, are not inherently knowledgable about what it takes to make a relaitonship work

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Westerners, in mymind, are not inherently knowledgable about what it takes to make a relaitonship work
    Yeah, because we all know that forced arranged marriages, trading females for livestock, and making sure you beat your wives and concubines at the slightest hint of disobedience makes for much better relationships.
    Didn't you know that lower divorce rate = better relationships?
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-

All of it was good (Diana), but I wanted to highlight this

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Around some people (not talking romantic relationships here) I see my weaknesses and difficulties diminish -- I'm able to do things, take things on that I normally would find excuses for, things that are normally difficult seem laughable. We both become stronger. Around other people, we allow excuses for each other, we do less, obstacles seem higher. We both become weaker. I'm not saying that anyone else is responsible for what I do, how I cope with things -- not at all, it's more like some people bring out the best, and others bring out the worst.

My interactions with duals really brought that out. I empowered the ESFj in certain areas (for instance, when she had to break up with a bad relationship, I helped her realize how superfluous that person was, and other such things). Also, being around an ESFj actually made me more aware of my surroundings, and made me more aware of taking care of my house/home, etc. They'll still take the lead in social situations, but it is comforting, and I believe things like that provide the proper environment for growth, if an active role is taken, and one person does not merely use the other for a crutch in that area. That's just not being mature or accoutible.

In contrast, my relaionthips with conflicts was about equally repeling, and MUCH MORE condusive to psychological pain and/or anti-progress. "We both become weaker".

As for identity..... I've never been in a relationship with INTj females, and I probably never really met an INTj female. I used to think for a long time that I would want someone just like me to be with, but the more I've understood Socionics and personlaity type theories, and looked into personal growth, etc.... and most importantly, the more time I've spent around ESFjs... the more I've supported duality.

No, duals aren't guarenteed soulmates, etc. But I think it is something worth consideraiton

Creepy-

Yeah, because we all know that forced arranged marriages, trading females for livestock, and making sure you beat your wives and concubines at the slightest hint of disobedience makes for much better relationships.
    I'm not knocking women's rights. I'm all for them.

It is the opposite of obedience that matters. Westerners seem to get so caught up in idealisms, like on TV and the movies. They don't understand that, in reality, you have to endure hard times, and sacrifice things for the relationships. You have to be there even when it doesn't feel good, and when it doesn't feel good for a long time you have to work about it. And you have to go in understanding all of this and wanting all of this, because if you just want someone to make you feel good, then you'll just be dissapointed. Etc etc etc.

Women are just as at fault as men are, though.

Perhaps when I said "westerners" I should have just said people in general.

.... my real issue is with primitiveness. You list a classic and cliched example of women's rights being absent. But I suggest westerners themselves have their own sort of primitiveness and are no more successful than those times.

With so many people try to maintain something and failing, then obviously something must be done differently for success to me made. Don't take it the wrong way - that I discuss this matter in detached terms like success and failure.

But when people say "Oh, it just didn't work out", or some comment about how love ran out, or furthermore, how people can end marriages and enter marriages so quickly... I just don't have much confidence in most people's abilities to do well in such situations.

So to reiterate once again my main thought about this...
    Consider the primitiveness of what you see around you, even in those terms. No, I am not an advocate of "arranged marrages" as you described them negatively above, nor do I think that a female should be completely submissive to the male (unless it is some sort of kinky fantasy ((that the female desires, of course)), I suppose). Whatever the case, the majority of people appear to not know what they are doing, and are not very successful in their relaitonship endeavors (considering that the idea is to have a relationship last). I look around me now, and I see lots of room for improvement. Socionics would be a start - understanding humans and the functions and intertype relaitonships....

Creepy-pokeball

re: arranged marriages.

F*** that. I pick what I want and hope they do too. I dont need anyone shopping for me and I certainly do not want to shop for others!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was S.T.U.pid.
    thing.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and when it doesn't feel good for a long time you have to work about it.
    I don't exactly agree about this. Why keep on beating a dead horse, when it's really "a long time"?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...how does a dual not consciously understand you?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dual relationships are the least likely to have divisive conflict largely because they can have major common goals but minimal overlap of role potential; having little in common does have its benefits. Identical relations can have a lot in common but they'll fight about rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. What does one want from a relationship; is the whole greater than the sum of its parts? Emptiness is a personal affliction so don't rely on another person or substance abuse to fill it for you.

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 06-30-2017 at 10:22 PM. Reason: forgot the word "in"

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpreeFirit View Post
    ...how does a dual not consciously understand you?
    I don't think duality is mainly based on understanding. More on completion
    Identical relations have best understanding of eachother, but as Rebelondeck said you don't complete eachother, so duality works better.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo View Post

DISCUSS
    I think you've never been in a dual relationship.

You take this way too practical. Duality energizes you, it makes you happy. It has less so to do with partners handling situations well together. Actually superego relations make a great team, if that is what you meant.

Identical is friendship, there is no warmth and energizing between them like in duality. Duality also gives blind trust, and a feeling of protection. Duality is the best, but you have to have experienced it to know it. You also can't experience what it is like to swim by reading about it.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    ...........Actually superego relations make a great team.............Duality also gives blind trust................
    I think superego relations are second best but blind trust is individualistic and not type related. The benefits from relationships aren't always intuitively obvious; quite a few times, I was told by previous dual and superego partners words to the effect: I did not realize how good a relationship we had until I had moved on.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I think superego relations are second
    interesting, not many people would think so. Though I must say that I have good relations with them too. Especially non matching subtype. accepting & producing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast