Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I declare myself SEE Se subtype for good

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I think you've got that mixed up. Accuracy is prized above mere credibility. I wouldn't consider someone credible unless I saw they had a consistent history of being accurate.
    Hmm that's true. When you say that, reminds me how Te-egos usually say "prove it" when told something new.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gamma hall of fame.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain LSE View Post
    I'm suggesting it, yes.
    I am not in your quadra

Of this much I am certain

To Te-valuers, the accuracy of the statement made isn't necessarily as important as the credibility of the person making the statement. Even if you're right, Gilly, the fact that you wobble between types devalues your opinion in this case. For me, I type-switch too, but the difference is that I don't go around telling someone else that they can't be a certain type.
    blah blah blah...by the way, this is incorrect.

TLDR: Back off Gilly, and I vote SEE.
    Fuck you, Big Daddy.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm that's true. When you say that, reminds me how Te-egos usually say "prove it" when told something new.
    Jesus christ, doesn't anyone with a brain?

GO AWAY TIL YOU GET COMMON SENSE

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha vs. Gamma conflict?

*pot stirred*

@Slacker, I like SL too. Smart, bold, beautiful, what's not to like? Maybe the haters are just jealous.
    WOW talk about a superficial assessment

Jesus please grow some brains if you insist on directing posts at me in any fashion

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I am not in your quadra
    Of this much I am certain
    blah blah blah...by the way, this is incorrect.
    Fuck you, Big Daddy.
    Jesus christ, doesn't anyone with a brain?
    GO AWAY TIL YOU GET COMMON SENSE
    WOW talk about a superficial assessment
    Jesus please grow some brains if you insist on directing posts at me in any fashion
    Congratulations, you just got trolled.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type is Rihanna ? I love her. I feel very similar to her, just in terms of attitude, style.. I've seen her typed as SEE and Beta NF. I think she is a mixture of the two.. just like me.. I mean vibe wise.

Gilly is funny. Even though he's annoying a lot of the time, I see some of myself in him.

Okay I'm gonna go get the type descriptions on wikisocion and bold both EIE and SEE parts. Even though that might not make such a huge difference in anything

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Gilly is funny. Even though he's annoying a lot of the time, I see some of him in myself.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEEs have a high awareness of their social surroundings and of the social influence or "weight" of different people. They are naturals at concentrating social attention on themselves or on anyone else they bring into the limelight. They rarely hesitate to take action in social situations.
    SEE has a very sharp understanding of people's attitude towards his suggestions, as well as their mood in general. The primary method of implementation for the SEE's goals is changing people's attitudes to be more in line with his own towards a certain objective.
    1. Extraverted Sensing
    The SEE is always present in the here and now.An SEE knows exactly which relations he has influence over at the moment, and exactly how much influence he has (i.e. how far can he "push"). If an SEE wants someone that he does not "have", he can spend lots of time thinking about how to get it. The SEE finds it hard to be content with what he has.
    SEEs are quick to notice confrontational behavior. It is very obvious to an SEE when someone is displaying aggression, even in the most subtle passive-aggressive fashion.
    Confrontational behavior does not phase the SEE, whether his reaction is to respond with confrontation or hostility himself, creating an outwards appearance of indifference and unimpressiveness, or trying to calm down the offender/make them feel guilty. The various means available to the SEE to achieve the above goals are not nearly as important to the SEE as the end.
    The SEE is motivated on some level in all of his affairs towards his goal of exclusiveness. He prefers to be in as high of a position of demand and respect as possible. It fills the SEE with joy to be have many different people competing for his attention and affection. Such a scenario reassures the SEE with the fact that he has been doing things right and that his hard work has paid off. Thus the SEE is often found surrounded by a large circle of friends and romantic interests.
    An SEE views material objects as well as people in terms of how they can be used to achieve his goals. Upon losing a superficial friendship or a materialistic object, the SEE is sentimental only in terms of how it affects what he is currently striving for. For example, SEE would not see much point in being in the middle of the nowhere by himself with lots of gold and other showy yet useless objects. These things might only be important to him in regards to how they make other people think about him, or how it would indicate his status.< - YES!

With extroverted sensing as his base, the SEE would much prefers to be a "go getter," out doing things as opposed to thinking about what he could be doing.
    2. Introverted Ethics
    An SEE usually knows exactly how to make other people feel a certain way. This ability increases its power dramatically the more time he spends with a person. He can offer genuine, believable praise to an individual he wants to reward, and likewise can make a person very upset and/or ashamed in themselves. However, if an offender changes their ways in favor of the SEEs point of view, the SEE will be quick to reward the offender with praise, and appreciation, treating them like a good friend. < -- SO SO SO TRUE

Moral ground to an SEE completely depends on the situation and is anything but set in stone (hence the creative function).
    "Fake niceness" rarely fools an SEE. The SEE can easily tell whether a person is being genuine or just selfishly trying to fulfill their own needs.
    The SEE can easily create sentiments of closeness and kinship, only to completely change these sentiments down the road.
    An SEE could be hanging out with a person (A) and act like the person's best friend, yet talk with another friend (B) and show sentiments of extreme distaste towards person 'A' in order to gain acceptance with 'B'. Sometimes if person 'A' and 'B' are together at a social function, the SEE will either have to pick sides or can treat both relations with acceptance and feelings of kinship. This can cause quite a bit of confusion in regards to the SEE's "true loyalties." < -- NOT REALLY ? :S

The SEE prefers to maintain the respect and appreciation of his relations if at all possible. He knows that if he has an ally in many different groups, it will be harder for his enemies in said groups to act against him for fear of retribution from his other allies.
    An SEE has the ability show up in a group of strangers and act like a long lost friend, gaining acceptance and trust of the group very quickly. He can quickly charm this group with his well-bred manners, genuine displays of like/dislike, and sometimes risky humor. When the SEE leaves, he can find out through his inside sources that he was the "talk of the town" after he left, much to the delight of the SEE.

Okay I just want to point out that this is SO NOT TRUE AT ALL ... Se as a 6th function in EIEs

6. Extraverted Sensing
    EIEs struggle with focus and willpower and have a need for something or someone that will focus them consistently and prod them to act despite any feelings of apprehension and doubt. EIEs know that they often need to "just do it" and often look for something or someone that will provide the impetus and make them "do it." EIEs are drawn to people who exude determination and resolve. People who are certain of their views and cannot be swayed by external forces are especially attractive. Such people are, in a way, the opposite of themselves

I do not struggle with focus or willpower. I consistently provide that to myself. I think I give that to others too. I "just do it" too often and this gets me into trouble. I do not think about the consequences of my actions sometimes, especially when I'm angry and reactive... this has led me to burn bridges. I have listened to my Ni-IEI bf about how to deal with my anger once (lol) and it actually helped me out.

However, this is true

EIEs can be brash and harshly critical during fits of passion, and they appreciate people who are not fazed by their ravings, but calmly stand their ground. If such people are at times angry and forceful with them, they take this as a sign that the person cares enough to be emotionally involved in their lives. In conversation, EIEs have a tendency to impose their opinions on others in a forceful way, especially when challenged by a point of view that conflicts with theirs. They dislike giving in to others when they strongly believe in their own way of doing things, and can act smug and arrogant towards people who openly criticize their viewpoints.

Ti PoLR for SEE: I have never really read into Ti PoLR and don't really understand it that well. Many people accuse me of being irrational and unreasonable, too rash, etc. It is very true I generally hate thinking things through and prefer to just act. What's another example of Ti PoLR?

4. Introverted Logic
    The SEE hates when other people infer or remind him that he's not doing what he "should be doing." This is in complete opposite to his preference of following his whims and doing what he wants when he wants it, with as little structure as possible.
    They have trouble focusing on systematic decision making, sometimes leading to occasional large mistakes (e.g. an unnecessary, expensive purchase) that was not thought through. Such mistakes lead to shame, guilt, and disappointment within the SEE, although he does not broadcast these sentiments to many. SEE doesn't like having to weight out pros and cons or make the "right" or "proper" decision.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations, you just got trolled.
    But see, you're stupid. You didn't really piss me off; you just made yourself look like an idiot. If you actually succeeded in making me mad, then you could be all HAHAHA, but in reality you just tried too hard, or are making a really weak cop out.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow it's like Joy all over again...

You are just playing with generalizations; whether you are deliberately bending the truth or not, this kind of exercise isn't any kind of alternative to typing you by interaction + self-knowledge.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey there Aqua. I think SL is communicating with Joy through electroshocks.

Creepy-Snaps

But see, you're stupid. You didn't really piss me off; you just made yourself look like an idiot. If you actually succeeded in making me mad, then you could be all HAHAHA, but in reality you just tried too hard, or are making a really weak cop out.

You are just playing with generalizations; whether you are deliberately bending the truth or not, this kind of exercise isn't any kind of alternative to typing you by interaction + self-knowledge.
    Oh ok, so I didn't "piss you off" even though you post 3 times in a row, then twice in a row again, and you're not letting it go? Hmm ok, yeah you're good with understanding your emotions.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm ok, yeah you're good with understanding your emotions.
    Did you just say Gilly is emo?

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By interaction? So your word is better than Traveler who has actually met me IRL and interacted with me in person? Do you make any sense? WTF? Self-knowledge? If you read my post, I was attempting to tell people what I knew about myself and how it fit those descriptions.

Seriously Gilly you're so easy to see through. YOU are the one who always bends the truth and makes constant attention seeking me me me type me threads by taking some random bits of information and thinking that means you're XXXX type now instead of whatever you were typed before.

Will you AT LEAST admit that your typing of me as IEI is completely flawed? I'm trying to provide some discussion by pasting those descriptions in. What are you doing? Calling me stupid and saying "You're THIS type" Okay bye! And needlessly arguing with MDew? Yeah... helpful.

Johari
    Nohari

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decisive Ethical is clear-cut.

It's just a matter of:
    Extravert-Rational-Idealist-Aristocratic(ENFj)
    Introvert-Irrational-Idealist-Aristocratic(INFp)
    Extravert-Irrational-Socialite-Democratic(ESFp)

Extravert and Irrational are my impressions so SEE.

Prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    SL, I think that's their penises typing you, lol.
    Haha
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    el oh el
    Want to clarify what you mean by that?
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Creepy-female

By interaction? So your word is better than Traveler who has actually met me IRL and interacted with me in person?
    Could you or Traveler please point to where he has demonstrated, intuitively or practically, a working understanding of the functions? I think that would clear a lot of things up regarding your type. Saying that you two met in real life doesn't say anything definitive about your type unless he actually provides some sort of credibility (lol) besides "I met her, and she's clearly Fi valuing, not Fe."

Gilly may not be able to type himself, but that doesn't mutually exclude that he has, and has DEMONSTRATED, a working knowledge of Socionics. So I am inclined to consider his contribution more than yours, as you or Traveler have not actually demonstrated that you understand the functions. Which doesn't mean that you do not understand them, but the point is if that you've never even been able to COMMUNICATE that understanding in any clear way, you're contribution becomes little more than a credibility issue. And to my knowledge neither of you have provided much credibility re Socionics at all.

This understanding I am open to amending if I see any actual evidence to the contrary. And do not confuse this with personal credibility, because it is not a judgment of such. But yes, I tend to question your credibility re Socionics, and yes, I think this is a valid concern.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. Forget it. What makes you think I or Traveler don't understand Socionics and Gilly does? Where has HE demonstrated HIS oh so superior knowledge? I'm not the best at verbalizing and breaking things down step by step.. and I also don't have the patience for that. I'm not going to sit here and tell you what I think each function means in extreme detail etc.. I know I understand Socionics! What do you want from me? Where have YOU demonstrated it? What IS demonstrating working knowledge? Link me. Please.\

Just because you and Gilly have met and discussed Socionics and I'm assuming come to an agreement about X function meaning Y.. doesn't mean they really do either. What about Ashtonian Socionics? Is he credible? Is everyone else here just BSing? What?

How about you or he try and explain WHY you don't think I'm SEE instead of just accusing me of not being SEE? I mean as I said before, I tried to paste some descriptions to spark some discussion..

Johari
    Nohari

Creepy-female

Ugh. Forget it. What makes you think I or Traveler don't understand Socionics and Gilly does? Where has HE demonstrated HIS oh so superior knowledge? I'm not the best at verbalizing and breaking things down step by step.. and I also don't have the patience for that. I'm not going to sit here and tell you what I think each function means in extreme detail etc.. I know I understand Socionics! What do you want from me? Where have YOU demonstrated it? What IS demonstrating working knowledge? Link me. Please.\
    Unfortunately repeating over and over "I know I understand Socionics!" doesn't contribute anything, lol. Gilly has written his views all over the forum. So has Ashton. So have I. Do a search and they come up. I never asked for your views of functions in EXTREME DETAIL, and I challenge you to quote where I said that, or else quit fucking dramatizing my argument. I'm not looking for a thesis, I'm looking for basic signs that you understand the theory enough to type yourself or others without sounding like a broken record.

Just because you and Gilly have met and discussed Socionics and I'm assuming come to an agreement about X function meaning Y.. doesn't mean they really do either.
    Good thing I never actually stated that I think Gilly's credible because I met him in real life and came to an agreement about Socionics. I already knew his views from his writing about functional concepts.

What about Ashtonian Socionics? Is he credible? Is everyone else here just BSing? What?
    Maybe if you actually, I don't know, READ WHAT'S BEEN WRITTEN BY THESE PEOPLE, you might actually, I don't know, understand what they're talking about. And why the fuck do you assume that just because I concur with Ashton or Gilly about some typings and theory, that I'm somehow invalidating other people's understanding? You don't have to write your thesis on Socionics to communicate your understanding in a functional way. Which I've seen from a lot of people here. Which I have not seen from you and Traveler. Even back and forth exchange can convey understanding, which I see nothing, NOTHING of in your recent discourse about how you met.

How about you or he try and explain WHY you don't think I'm SEE instead of just accusing me of not being SEE? I mean as I said before, I tried to paste some descriptions to spark some discussion..
    Why is it an ACCUSATION that you're not ESFp? Jesus Christ where the FUCK do you get off? I have never ACCUSED you of being anything. Learn the difference between personal and Socionics credibility. Read what I've said, read what others have said, quit projecting Armageddon on them and being a Histronic baby because not everyone agrees with your brand new, "FOR GOOD", "WE'LL SEE" type.

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to me like this thread has derailed; ranging from accusations and trolling lol

So much drama
    언제나.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never had women fight over me like this before.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright for once I don't feel like arguing with you Nemo

I really don't know what you want from me. You say I don't have to write a thesis but that I can show my understanding in other ways? How? I mean I'm not like those people on here who've intellectualized this theory and written about it in the past. I've read about Socionics theory since 2005 and I think I have a good grasp on it. That's all I can tell you. I read descriptions, intertype relations, etc etc ... and I try to see if it fits me/other people.

I'll write more tomorrow I'm tired now. I just don't know what you want from me? You seem to be attacking my "Socionics credibility" and in effect saying that I don't know what I'm talking about so I should just listen to Gilly? I dunno.

TO WOOKIE: What you wrote is a perfect description of myself. I also feel really similar to you or compatible with you. I still can't believe you're aixelsyd lol

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I think SL & gilly are both EIE's. They're both practically the same person. Even in this thread, they argue & bitch at each other in the exact same way.
    Not sure about that. Gilly dips on the theoretical/abstract side occasionally, whereas I don't see anything abstract or theoretical coming from ScarlettLux, she's more direct.

SL just isn't like any IEI's that I know... she may be a bit similar to B&D, but that's all I can really think of. Compare her to other IEI females who post here like me, Glam, Octo, Redbaron, ect. SL is a lot more extroverted. You can also tell she's an extrovert from looking at her FB pictures. She's always with people, having fun & very involved in what's going on around her.
    Yeah, I agree with Extravert.

SEE > EIE > IEI
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Creepy-female

I really don't know what you want from me. You say I don't have to write a thesis but that I can show my understanding in other ways? How? I mean I'm not like those people on here who've intellectualized this theory and written about it in the past. I've read about Socionics theory since 2005 and I think I have a good grasp on it. That's all I can tell you. I read descriptions, intertype relations, etc etc ... and I try to see if it fits me/other people.

I'll write more tomorrow I'm tired now. I just don't know what you want from me? You seem to be attacking my "Socionics credibility" and in effect saying that I don't know what I'm talking about so I should just listen to Gilly? I dunno.
    Hey, look. I'm not saying that you don't know yourself better than anyone else, and I'm not saying you should just accept what Gilly tells you. I'm just saying that I'm more prone to consider his side of things because his views on Socionics are more coherant and I do think he's okay at typing other people, just not himself. Because we all know Gilly is a huge twat about his type and that's what we love about him.

This is just my opinion, but I haven't seen much decent material re Socionics from you lately. It's like what, just the other week you posted something about how you were in love with your ISTj girlfriend, right? And now you're ESFp forever and ever? That tells me you're not in a place where the theory is lining up for you. And that's TOTALLY OK, but it's like why are you being so damn petulant about your shiny new type when you're obviously going thru some identity issues right now.

I don't really like to argue with you and I feel like I kind of overreacted in my previous post to you but it's like - God damn, girl, quit spitting at me and others for their neutral opinions on your type. I made two posts that left room for you to be ESFp if it happened that way, and you didn't take the outs. Just be okay with people's opinions and that not everyone is gonna be 100% on your type change. Sit back a little and realize that people like you and want to stick their penises in you or whatever the hell floats your boat no matter what type you are. By all means be emotional and fire and lightning or whatever it is, but don't push it down other people's throats. Maybe people want to talk about you, talk about their perceptions of you, and I'm sure that's up your alley, but they can't do that if you're not open.

Creepy-Snaps

Pssh. You just want her to be your dual in order to fulfill your hopeful fantasies of one day copulating with her. It'll never happen, eyeseecold, I'm sorry.
    I know you're just joking, but I think you're overgeneralizing with SL's type. To say someone is "extroverted" because they're always with friends and having a good time sounds MBTI-ish.

In regards to comparing SL's arguing style with Gilly's, I see it as incredibly different. SL defends positionally, out of reputation, whereas Gilly can attack the intuitive sense of a statement, sometimes the intelligence of it, in a logical way. Their emotional impulses can be similar, but their actual styles of communication are opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    And why the fuck do you assume that just because I concur with Ashton or Gilly about some typings and theory, that I'm somehow invalidating other people's understanding?
    Why is it an ACCUSATION that you're not ESFp?
    because not everyone agrees with your brand new, "FOR GOOD", "WE'LL SEE" type.
    Not to get into the drama too much, but you kind of contradict yourself, when you say 'I never suggested you're not ESFp!' and then you say 'by the way, because I don't agree that you're ESFp'.

To be completely honest, it sounds like you're just upset that SL didn't answer your question. The question about why she thinks she's SEE. But SL already posted some info above, explaining her reasoning, which didn't get addressed yet. So why SHOULD she answer a question again, when that would be repeating herself?

Creepy-Snaps

Hey, look. I'm not saying that you don't know yourself better than anyone else, and I'm not saying you should just accept what Gilly tells you. I'm just saying that I'm more prone to consider his side of things because his views on Socionics are more coherant and I do think he's okay at typing other people, just not himself. Because we all know Gilly is a huge twat about his type and that's what we love about him.

This is just my opinion, but I haven't seen much decent material re Socionics from you lately. It's like what, just the other week you posted something about how you were in love with your ISTj girlfriend, right? And now you're ESFp forever and ever? That tells me you're not in a place where the theory is lining up for you. And that's TOTALLY OK, but it's like why are you being so damn petulant about your shiny new type when you're obviously going thru some identity issues right now.

I don't really like to argue with you and I feel like I kind of overreacted in my previous post to you but it's like - God damn, girl, quit spitting at me and others for their neutral opinions on your type. I made two posts that left room for you to be ESFp if it happened that way, and you didn't take the outs. Just be okay with people's opinions and that not everyone is gonna be 100% on your type change. Sit back a little and realize that people like you and want to stick their penises in you or whatever the hell floats your boat no matter what type you are. By all means be emotional and fire and lightning or whatever it is, but don't push it down other people's throats. Maybe people want to talk about you, talk about their perceptions of you, and I'm sure that's up your alley, but they can't do that if you're not open.
    I think SEEs have trouble explaining their reasoning, Ti POLR, and can view a simple question like that as a challenge to their authority. IMO Nemo/dolphin, stuff like this only further validates SL as an SEE to me, the fact that she's standing her ground instead of explaining the nitty-gritty. Explaining that she *feels* like she identifies with SEE, and posting some comments about the type description, is a LOT of explaining for an SEE, more than they are normally willing to do.

SL can validate if that is correct, my perception of how she feels. But to explain Nemo, I think the drama was caused by what you and others can view as a simple question, to explain WHY something makes sense, can hit the Ti-POLR of someone, and cause them to get defensive, and view it as an accusation that you don't agree with them, or are not on their side.

Does that make sense? Drama over now?

Creepy-female

Not to get into the drama too much, but you kind of contradict yourself, when you say 'I never suggested you're not ESFp!'
    Where did I say this?

I said, she could be SEE but I haven't seen evidence to suggest this.

I said, I'm more inclined to go with Gilly's interpretation because he's shown basic understanding of Socionics.

I never said she was definitively anything.

I never said that I concur with Gilly or Ashton's typing of her.

I said, I concur with them about some typings.

and then you say 'by the way, because I don't agree that you're ESFp'.
    I never said that I didn't agree with her type.

I said, not everyone agrees with her type.

I said, I don't have a definitive opinion on her type.

I said, I'm more inclined to go with Gilly's take.

To be completely honest, it sounds like you're just upset that SL didn't answer your question. The question about why she thinks she's SEE. But SL already posted some info above, explaining her reasoning, which didn't get addressed yet. So why SHOULD she answer a question again, when that would be repeating herself?
    I'm not looking for her to answer Question Night 101, so quit putting words in my mouth. I'm saying I don't see an exchange of understanding here. Pasting SEE descriptions and bolding doesn't make you SEE. And I feel that Luxx is pretty opportunistic about what type pertains to her based on her mood.

Creepy-female

I think SEEs have trouble explaining their reasoning, Ti POLR, and can view a simple question like that as a challenge to their authority. IMO Nemo/dolphin, stuff like this only further validates SL as an SEE to me, the fact that she's standing her ground instead of explaining the nitty-gritty. Explaining that she *feels* like she identifies with SEE, and posting some comments about the type description, is a LOT of explaining for an SEE, more than they are normally willing to do.
    Lol. SEEs don't have trouble explaining their reasoning, they have trouble fitting it into a Ti structure. Partly because their reasoning lends itself to so much Te.

Going around yelling "I'M NOT AN INTROVERT" doesn't somehow give someone authority. In fact I don't see SL demonstrating a functional awareness of authority.

SL can validate if that is correct, my perception of how she feels. But to explain Nemo, I think the drama was caused by what you and others can view as a simple question, to explain WHY something makes sense, can hit the Ti-POLR of someone, and cause them to get defensive, and view it as an accusation that you don't agree with them, or are not on their side.
    That actually sounds more like Te polr to me. SL isn't having trouble connecting subjective logical viewpoints, she's having trouble accepting basic objective facts.

Does that make sense? Drama over now?
    Quit assigning yourself moral arbitrator, Big Daddy.

Creepy-Snaps

I said, not everyone agrees with her type.

I said, I don't have a definitive opinion on her type.

I said, I'm more inclined to go with Gilly's take.
    I'm aware, it's just that I find when people talk about 'what everyone thinks', they're usually talking about themselves. May not be the case with you, but you said you're leaning towards what Gilly thinks, more inclined to go with that, or however you want to phrase it, but you more inclined to NOT think SEE than to believe it.

Going around yelling "I'M NOT AN INTROVERT" doesn't somehow give someone authority. In fact I don't see SL demonstrating a functional awareness of authority.
    I have to disagree with you here. When she did that, that reminded me EXACTLY of an SEE on my business team, very successful I might add, who boldly told/yelled at someone once "I am not your mentor!". It was entirely in place, and I feel SL aggressively setting her position here, to clarify she believes in no way that introversion is possible, is understandable. Can be viewed as a high awareness for authority, and eliminating any confusion before it begins.

I don't feel like arguing really either, just my 2cents.

Quit assigning yourself moral arbitrator, Big Daddy.
    Have a good night, Lil Mama.

Creepy-female

I'm aware, it's just that I find when people talk about 'what everyone thinks', they're usually talking about themselves. May not be the case with you, but you said you're leaning towards what Gilly thinks, more inclined to go with that, or however you want to phrase it, but you more inclined to NOT think SEE than to believe it.
    I said I am open to SEE but not inclined towards it.

I have to disagree with you here. When she did that, that reminded me EXACTLY of an SEE on my business team, very successful I might add, who boldly told/yelled at someone once "I am not your mentor!". It was entirely in place, and I feel SL aggressively setting her position here, to clarify she believes in no way that introversion is possible, is understandable. Can be viewed as a high awareness for authority, and eliminating any confusion before it begins.
    Lol. I don't really see her doing that here, but it's not impossible.
    Last edited by female; 12-24-2011 at 07:35 AM.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't know what you want from me.
    Ah, the old SEE/IEE worry.

Who cares what other people think? It only matters when your actions have an impact upon then: aka, are you behaving they way that you wish people to treat you?

Therefore considering the nature of what you think you are in socionics, I don't think you should give a damn what others want from you. It's ethically correct to use it as a method of self determination first and foremost.

/thread

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SEEs have trouble explaining their reasoning, Ti POLR, and can view a simple question like that as a challenge to their authority.
    No, that's IxFx. Te-suggestive/Te-polr. Inability to substantiate an external phenomenon or process is not correlated with Ti-polr, it's correlated with having a weak extroverted thinking function. SEEs have both mobilizing Te (external object dynamics) and base Se (external object statics) which makes them quite adept at recognizing as well as describing particulars and details pertaining to objects.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Could you or Traveler please point to where he has demonstrated, intuitively or practically, a working understanding of the functions? I think that would clear a lot of things up regarding your type. Saying that you two met in real life doesn't say anything definitive about your type unless he actually provides some sort of credibility (lol) besides "I met her, and she's clearly Fi valuing, not Fe."

Gilly may not be able to type himself, but that doesn't mutually exclude that he has, and has DEMONSTRATED, a working knowledge of Socionics. So I am inclined to consider his contribution more than yours, as you or Traveler have not actually demonstrated that you understand the functions. Which doesn't mean that you do not understand them, but the point is if that you've never even been able to COMMUNICATE that understanding in any clear way, you're contribution becomes little more than a credibility issue. And to my knowledge neither of you have provided much credibility re Socionics at all.

This understanding I am open to amending if I see any actual evidence to the contrary. And do not confuse this with personal credibility, because it is not a judgment of such. But yes, I tend to question your credibility re Socionics, and yes, I think this is a valid concern.
    I think what's more important than having knowledge of Socionics is having the ability to accurately perceive people in terms of how their overall personality functions and how it relates to other people and the outside world. Personally, I think I'm adequate at performing such a task and you can look at my typings in the typing spreadsheet and judge that for yourself. There's a few members in this forum that have extensive knowledge of Socionics and its functions and they have made ridiculously poor typings.

I may not have demonstrated that I understand the functions, but that does not entail whether I actually understand them or not, it merely entails that I have not demonstrated my understanding of them simply because my primary motivation in this forum does not involve talking about Socionics anymore. I'm sure you can find some threads and posts from over 4 years ago where I have discussed Socionics and its functions in great depth, but I'm not going to bother looking them up, however you are more than welcome to do so.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TO WOOKIE: What you wrote is a perfect description of myself. I also feel really similar to you or compatible with you. I still can't believe you're aixelsyd lol
    Excuse me to butt in here, but I think Dolphin's post(if Im not mistaken) was more about Traveller's credibility than yours.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man Socionics sucks ass. I don't care what type I am, this isn't worth arguing with people over.

Johari
    Nohari

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SL & gilly are both EIE's. They're both practically the same person. Even in this thread, they argue & bitch at each other in the exact same way.
    Wtf they don't come across similar to me, at least online. Luxx seems to prefer a more hands-on ethical approach with people, with raw direct feelings, and isn't all spacey and deconstructive.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I'm famous y'all will be like oh shittt remember we argued about that girl's type? :')

BTW yeah what takes away Gilly's credibility and Ashton's too.. is the fact they keep typing me IEI when that is one type I can guarantee you I am not. I would like them to admit defeat for that

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some old posts back in 2008 - when I first questioned being SEE... this is me when I was more depressed.. It makes me sad to read this b/c now it's all coming back to me.

EIE - well, I don't know ... I just switched back to IEI because I thought I was really more introverted and needed an extravert dual. Then again, I did this "switch" when I was in the depths of depression and wasn't doing much at all. I mean, I just don't think it's right that when I'm "depressed" I identify with IEI and then when I'm "happy" I am really EIE/SEE ?

Well, my last relationship was with an LII... ok that was a disaster and a half. We still to this day can not communicate with one another. This was the time I actually believed him to be ILI and I think I behaved extremely like an SEE and it was horrible for both of us. He hates and needs ... I thought I was an EIE then, because I did try and provide some after I figured out he was LII, but after a while, I got SO sick of it. I HATED having to exert myself like that and spew out ...

I think he tried to mold himself to fit my needs, my love of and all. I always tried to get him to DO THINGS, get out there, and he was very wishy washy and resistant. Our whole relationship broke apart because of this very thing! I needed someone more receptive ...

Another funny thing is that while I do identify with Victim, I ACT like an Aggressor for nearly all my relationships ... I think - "Okay, I like this person, I'm gonna get them no matter what.."

There's a lot more ... that's going to offend Alpha quadra Alpha values annoy me a lot, I don't know why I believed I liked this quadra before. Maybe I had the wrong idea, but since the recent influx of SEIs, I go on the sub-forum place and ... wow, I have huge headaches just reading the stuff they talk about. It seems senseless to me, just rambling.

Also, I don't like real life Alpha quadra members, the way they interact in groups seems very cheesy to me, and way too focused on being "comfortable" and "nice" to eachother. Everyone seems so fluffy and innocent, aka boring.

I can't say I have any experience with ILIs in real life. I don't think I have ever come into close contact with one. Come to think of it, I have not had much interaction with Gamma quadra at all. They seem very rare, except for the SEEs LOL. Yeah, I am really good friends with two SEEs, we seem to gel and "get eachother" and surprisingly enough, I am not annoyed by them as I am with EIEs or IEIs. I thought that annoyance came from seeing someone like myself ... but is it right to be annoyed by your own type/mirror type?

Yes, I acted like that. That's how I want to be. I actually have dreams (sounds weird) of being like that again, carefree, just partying, socializing ... *sigh* I don't even know what happened, I spiraled downwards and now I basically don't get out at all anymore because of the depression. I think I'm still in a rut right now, but maybe it means something that I pine so deeply to go back to "who I was."

reyn - I can't really say I'm a "chameleon" in relationships ... ? Well, maybe I tried to mold myself into something else because I like a person so much ... but that is definitely something that arises from using Socionics in a stupid way. I know now that I can't change myself because when I tried to be an EIE for the LII, it tired me out a lot. The use of , that is. I don't even think I like , to be honest ... I'm so confused agh! I don't know if I had the wrong idea about it. A lot of the stuff I'm reading about now, especially that Kristiina writes, makes no sense to me.

Aguhhhh, and I've never done well with theory hahaha. So there's no danger of me "theorizing" Most of my explanations for my type DO come from real life experiences and what I observe about myself and my relationships with other people. I also like the way the LIEs and ILIs explain things on this forum. But that might not really mean much anyway, it's just clear.

I notice that I like people who are either Ixxp or Exxp temperament, because I feel like I can really let loose and stop containing myself as I have been containing myself for so long. This is destroying my sense of self really, I feel like I don't know who I am anymore. I'm around too many boring Ixxjs. I think my "shadow" is coming out - like I'm forced to introvert lately and it's really killing me.

I notice that I actually DON'T offer Fe as readily as Fe ego types do. The way they impose themselves on other peoples' emotions is just irritating. I'm not happy, so don't try and make me happy or even cheer me up. I would rather just talk about it maybe, not smooth it over with fake happiness. I don't like fakeness, but who does?!

My parents constantly tell me to be smile more and be more friendly because apparently I am not whenever I meet their friends, etc. I abhor it when they tell me to do that because I don't sacrifice my inner feelings to create an external mood for other people just because "it's the right thing to do" in a social situation. I think that is the clearest example of how I value - although I am very bubbly to people I like and whatnot. I am actually heavily against "faking" any kind of emotion to get by... if I feel like shit, I feel like shit and you're going to know about it because I'm not going to hide it just for the sake of keeping you happy.

People that complement me :

Eccentric and alternative people. I love anyone bizarre - something to spark my interest, especially people that seem twisted or "dark". I LOVE that! I want to get to know them more, because they really fascinate me. I'd say they complement me because I'm really a very twisted person myself and to have the company of someone who won't shun that and will embrace that is nice. I value ambition in others and like those unafraid of being ruthless when it is necessary to be. People who seem a little battered and broken or even 'cut-off' from the world interest me because I see myself in them. I wouldn't feel so alone.

Another thing - if I were in a romantic relationship with someone, I would definitely want them to be almost a loner (lol) ... I'm so selfish that I want them all for myself, so that I know they will never run away or find someone else. Kinda like I "own" them and only I can give them that special love... yikes, I sound disturbing.

My approach to life? I don't really know, I don't have any set rules or anything about it. I see life as an adventure, a mission. During this stage of my life, I have come to face a huge obstacle that I need to get over, but I still believe that willpower is the key and that I WILL get over it. I just like seeing everything as a challenge because it makes things more meaningful and easier to accept (especially the difficult times.) I think going through rough times strengthens people, and that it is necessary for a really developed person to have gone through the worst of the worst to really experience the best of the best. A lot of the most highly creative and ingenious people have had troubled pasts, and I guess I relate to those that are suffering. I hate hate hate those born with silver spoons in their mouths ... it frustrates me to no end that these people have barely anything to get over. Some things just do not seem fair.

I think that a person has to be REALLY mindful of their goals. I am a huge goal setter and always think about accomplishing things in the near/distant future. I always keep something in mind to spur me on, especially when I feel like the present just sucks ass. That's why I also dislike people who float around without any plans about the future, just too stuck on the present moment.

SL, i'm a little confused about the attention-seeking. what kind of attention do you usually require of people? - originally asked by ILI reyn_til_runa
    [i]Well honestly - I just want to be liked. Maybe admired would be a better word. I would like to be the center of a group of people... that sort of thing. It's the same reason why so many people want to be famous. Craving the limelight is definitely something I identify with because it just gives me this excitement inside and fulfilment.

Actually, many people accuse me of that. Of being rude/obnoxious when I'm in a group of people. :S I tend to say outlandish things sometimes... whoa! Just remembered something that happened after school today ... an IEI was bitching at me cause I came in and started talking about something that apparently "ruined the atmosphere" and I was like WTF? Ugh. I never care about that shit, I like to say whatever I want, when I want. She was totally hating on me after that too. BTW, it was something sexual in nature lol, I think I was a little too comfortable with stuff like that than her

Another difference I noticed btw IEIs and I are that they don't seem to be as energetic and "up for things" as I am. I will honestly do anything wild and crazy. I feel best when I get to wrangle everyone up (hopefully willing) to do something fun that I envisioned, or whatever. If someone suggests something, I will probably be the first one to do it. I get VERY pissed at uptight people, which is another thing that annoys me about my girl friends. Sometimes I called these IEIs and they're sooo wishy washy, I always have to pressure them into things. I never give up when I want something either. I'll bug you and bug you and bug you until I get it. IEIs are just more laidback than I am.

I guess another thing I have to admit shamefully - I discarded SEE earlier cause I didn't think they could be capable of being as high achievers academically as I am, especially in typically SEE-averse subjects. I'm more "in my head" too than they seem to be, very intensely introspective as you can see from these long fucking descriptions of myself that never end.

I'm a LOT more ready to be rude / ignore someone that I don't care for than Fe dominants. They seem to be friendly to all for the sake of, I don't even know. It's draining. I see my ESE friend do that all the time and especially with guys ... if I don't wanna talk to you, you'll definitely know right off the bat. I don't sugarcoat my interest in a person, basically.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW the ILIs who had/have no problem with me being their Dual

reyn_til_runa
    BLauritson
    niffweed
    EyeSeeCold
    Timmy (IEI?)

I don't think I've seen an ILI on here say they were against me being SEE? k0rpsey?

Johari
    Nohari

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast