Thread: EIIs-INFjs demontrative Ni, foreseeing/predicting the future and de ja vues

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIIs-INFjs demontrative Ni, foreseeing/predicting the future and de ja vues

I read that INFJs can predict the future or something. I read it over at the socionics site. Thinking back, I recall many incidents when I'll be doing something and suddenly, it's like whoa, this happened before, when did it happen before, why is it happening again. I was writing my essay for my final yesterday and I was on a line and had a strange feeling and I was like de ja vue... Maybe from dreams. I can really dream. I have conversations with people in my head and sometimes it reoccurs in real life. It's a little freaky. Any thoughts?
    INFP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have similar incidents all the time but I'm INTj.
    But it seems that I read somewhere that when one experiences de ja vu, the brain is accidently releasing the same chemical that's produced when you remember something. Maybe some types' brains are more predisposed to thses kind of accidents then others.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i get de ja vu every once in a while, it's always a wierd feeling.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    my grandpa was not INFj, but he had a unique experience of de ja vu once in an airport. he was in New York about to catch a flight, and he had to quickly get to the restroom. the funny thing is though, he went straight to it. he knew exactly where it was! i remember him telling me that he knew the entire layout of the airport precisely as if it were the back of his hand, but yet he didn't know how! he had never been there before.
    I've had similar situations, not only with places, but with songs. I had a friend who would play 60's style music, and i could sing along with them easily, even if i had never heard the song.

however, i think it had to do with
    1. places seem to have certain ...patterns to them..that i believe i'm subconsciously picking up and reacting to..
    2. songs, especially from that period, seemed to have similar patterns which i would never be able to attempt to describe.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

de ja vu is the strangest thing hey. Happens to me every so often. Sometimes its very strong, seems to most commonly happen when im having a conversation and its almost as if i have stood in the same place with the same people before.

de ja vu is really an indication that the matrix has been changed i have been told

ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    I love the feeling.

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I love the feeling.
    Totally! But it has nothing to do with type.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I love the feeling.
    Totally! But it has nothing to do with type.
    Oh. I never even gave that a thought. I just love the occurence lol.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get deja vu sometimes. (I'm an ENFp, feeling subtype.) It doesn't happen a lot. It often turns out I've dreamed or daydreamed of something I later end up doing. It's never anything dramatic. Last time it happened it was sth. like sitting at my table doing an extract of a book and thinking a certain thought. Strong deja vu. Turned out I'd dreamed of that sometime earlier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm INFJ, I get deja vu sometimes. I don't know if we get it more than other types per se, or if we just DWELL on it more...

My gut instinct about a place is almost always right, and I hate that because it can kinda suck the mystery out of life. It's like I don't even need to bother with sensing because I just already know how a situation is gonna turn out. It can be...frustrating.

I like when my main function is wrong, because it surprises me. Doesn't happen a lot though.

I dunno if this is type-specific or not but I feel I'm incredibly boring in most conversations because I feel like I already know everything, like I've been told my voice as an aura of finality to it, like whatever I speak sounds so profound and like 'The Truth' at all times. It's been said to drive other people crazy, but it seems to be very useful when people need comforting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have good instinct but I don't pay much attention to it because I'm careless so in the end, my instinct was right and I learn a lesson but not until I go through something difficult like uhm getting lost at night in a not safe town where murders and druggies are common.

With everything, I actually imagine it all in my mind in like five different ways/outcomes and it does suck the mystery out of it but it's like I mentally prepare myself before doing it so I'm less worried because I already imagine myself in all those scenarios so the element of surprise wouldn't knock me over. Sometimes it still does though...
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I relate a lot to the mental preparation.

Hmm I notice you have Minnie Mouse as your avatar. I used to be obsessed with her, I had a Minnie Mouse doll and everything.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have my time when I like to get things done like “my time to go buy water” or my time to do this activity now but every Ni has their time because every Ni manages events in time differently according to different values/preferences
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the delta NFs more often see their hopes, IMO, than the future.

the happiest delta NFs understand that to honor their hopes, they need to have specific logistics and activity in line with and supporting them.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides just hopes I usually have an obvious outcome of how most situations will play out in my mind.

As far as hopes go, yes I have huge hopes but do not really know how to get there. I spend more time clearly picturing the hope then creating methods to accomplish it. It's a painful to realize about yourself as it can really be a life long problem that doesn't always find a solution.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 05-28-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EIIs don't really try to predict the future.

Ni also does psychodynamic analysis. Not just future events.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    EIIs don't really try to predict the future.

Ni also does psychodynamic analysis. Not just future events.
    I know what will happen if my husband (my relationships) don’t do something like sleep early. He will be up all night unable to rest and unable to work the following day and very grumpy. So to save him from that I need to remind him to do something now
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    the delta NFs more often see their hopes, IMO, than the future.

the happiest delta NFs understand that to honor their hopes, they need to have specific logistics and activity in line with and supporting them.
    False. The happiest Delta NFs live without goals and without understanding how. They simply live in harmony with themselves and dream. And things work out.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    False. The happiest Delta NFs live without goals and without understanding how. They simply live in harmony with themselves and dream. And things work out.
    I don't think so. At least for me UDP is more correct. Goals will always be there in the background, there will always be something you want, but not knowing how to get it (1D Te/1D Se) is always going to be a source of sadness and feeling of futility and hopelessness. But when Te and Se are helping towards the goals, lord have mercy it brings such happiness to unbelievable degrees. The hope/dream/goals seem possible and that in itself is a dream come true, IME of course. Living without goals and constantly in the default state of not knowing how to accomplish them is like trying to be happy by avoiding the thing that actually will make you happy. It's like someone saying "I'm happy being single" instead of admitting they are just content with it.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N functions/elements tend to be future oriented. I would say that there are things that I know but I can't describe why, and I look at different possible future outcomes. Or I just know things by thinking the situation over in my head, and coming to a certain conclusion. I won't jump to conclusions though, and I'm opened to other possibilities. When I am just doing my day, I always like to plan in advanced. If anything goes differently, I can be pretty flexible. I'm not always right when it comes to predictions but I try to be a step ahead. I'm very good with the abstract and pretty good at reading into situations.

If they are new experiences for me that I'm trying to read into, I'm not so good and need to learn the ropes before I get to that point. Or just getting a surreal feeling, wondering if I've overturned a certain stone before. I try to figure out when I have been there before, or if I'm just in la la land. Sometimes, it's because I legit forget, it can be deja vu. Or there are other times when my mind just BSes.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predicting the future isn't hard. Just go draw a line directly following whatever pattern you see. I use this with stocks sometimes, and it works.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko