Thread: World population will hit 11 billion by 2050

Hybrid View

Creepy-Snaps

11 billion people by 2050 will be great for business.

I expect technology to continue to accelerate. Food production to continue to become more efficient. Gas-powered cars to become extinct, being replaced by hydrogen-powered cars. Global expansion by trans-national corporations will put a stronger emphasis on trade and cooperation among nations. I expect the 3rd millenium to be comparatively more peaceful than the world wars of the 1st and 2nd, for the emphasis on cooperation and the decrease of anonymity, through globalized communication. I expect specific ethnicities to die out, as we interbreed, and our children interbreed, a uniform language to become standard, right now perhaps English, although centuries down the road, perhaps Chinese will become dominant, and eventually, with so many trans-national corporations doing inter-country business, a globalized currency to be adopted.

^^ How much of that we will see before 2050, time will tell, but those are the trends where our world is headed. Definitely a great time to be living, and exciting point in the history of our world.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that there will be lot of technological unemployment as it's hard to compete in the labour market if you're pitted against self-maintaining robotry.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of employment can you be competitible in when put side-by-side with 24/7 working highly advanced AI? I'm not talking about cool robot hand assembling fine machinery, but of a self-maintaining, experimental, creative AI that matches and exceeds all human reasoning & learning capabilities. This includes having an effective bureaucracy done by the AI. Later on they will make art (product that produces aesthetic experience to the viewer) and science better than any human is capable of.

You really believe that those wars are ideological? Interesting as that point of view is starting to become unpopular in comparison with the oil hungry neo-imperialist theory.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is ok.. we are all going to die but that's perfectly fine

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratPULSE View Post
    it is ok.. we are all going to die but that's perfectly fine
    You rant about how everybody is obsessed with death yet only you seem to really speak of it.
    Project much?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the overpopulation of this world was engineered for the sole purpose of maximizing its harvest. the cluelessness of its inhabitants never ceases to amaze me. enjoy the ride.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    the overpopulation of this world was engineered for the sole purpose of maximizing its harvest. the cluelessness of its inhabitants never ceases to amaze me. enjoy the ride.
    LOL. You're the reason why I will never do drugs.