Thread: what's my type anyway?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what's my type anyway?

I have read quite a bit about socionics so far but I'm still unsure about my type even though I've a rough idea what it might be. It's funny how much simpler it is to type people around me, but I'm always second-guessing myself. Hope to hear your opinions! :wink: Anyway, here's a description of myself and what my friends have commented about me so far:

I'm quite introverted among people outside my family circle, but I can be quite enthusiastic in a conversation about any topic that interest me. I may be a good listener, but I can get irritated when someone complains and seeks my opinion about a problem which has a relatively straightforward solution. A few people have commented that I rarely smile and look serious except during photo-taking sessions and talking about something that interests me. During conversations, I hate to listen and can be switched off to racist or sexist jokes and other similar kinds of humor, and it's hard for me to hide the displeasure through my body language.

When I'm interested in something, I will try to find out loads of information about that particular topic before moving on to another hobby. I enjoy psychology the most. During my free time, I enjoy reading novels, listening to music and surfing the net etc. I don't really like to exercise though. I can be rather lazy sometimes and put my chores eg. cleaning up the house off, and I always try my best to appear busy so as to avoid them.

I'm more sensitive than most people to my surroundings. I can get very involved while watching a film or reading an engaging book, e.g. the inability to watch a gory scene in a film w/o closing my eyes and grimacing upon a scary part of a book. I'm hyper-sensitive when people misunderstood me or when I heard that so-and-so don't like me and had made it known to everyone around us. I prefer to cower away than to face the problem upfront, hoping that it will go away. Some have claimed that I might be a bit too self-conscious about my surrondings, even though after a while, my instincts about some situation turned out to be true.

In school, I'm good in writing assignments, even though I always performed below expectations during exams due to time constraint or the topic is something which I don't really feel for. I would say that I'm an average student in terms of academic results, but I'm not one who studied consistently. I always push back my duties till, like, a week or so before the exams and I'll always be overwhelmed by the tremendous amount of work needed to be done so much so that I decided to count on my luck for the exams rather than what I had studied so far.

Spiritually, I'm one who wonders about spiritual matters, and I believe in God, though I'm quite open to ideas proposed by major religions. I have my own views about this subject and I'm uncomfortable talking about my own faith with someone else. I'm quite ok with mystical stuff like palm reading and I have explored it only for self-interest.

Well, I guess I better stop here 'cos I can see u yawning now......haha.....sorry for the long post. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe INFp?

PS: should be moved to "What's My Type?".
    "Wenn der Deutsche in einen Satz taucht, dann hat man ihn die längste Zeit gesehen, bis er auf der anderen Seite des Ozeans wieder auftaucht mit seinem Verb im Mund." - Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFP
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also thing that you are INFp.
    Semiotical process

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My impression is INFp. I can clearly see base from your post.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could even be ISTP or ISFP.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.