Thread: intuition

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default intuition

It's a miracle how easy do visualizations come. I never ask for them, yet they are here - always and always the content is different. Sometimes, some visualization can inspire me, waking enthusiasm in me, however, some make me sad.

Considering intuition, I think there is more to it that just imagination. I noticed the other day that I heard a part of the song in my mind. I heard that song when I was a kid and suddenly, when doing some job, it struck me. Weird. I don't know how is it possible that intuition digs up something from my far past and 'throws it in me' now. ??? Have you ever experienced something like that?

I remember some moments when it wasn't a sound, but a smell. To that thought were tied - a visualization where I encountered the smell and a feeling of disguist or a pleasant feeling.

Do you have similar experiences?
    drake
    --Dilemmas are illusions.

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had similar experiences that were many when I was younger, but now I get them less often. When I was younger I used to have these vivid images (sort of like an afterimage) of an old man, even though I've lacked a strong grandfather figure - both of my grandfathers having died when I was fairly young. I nearly always have bits of songs stuck in my head - some surviving from when I was much younger, although I believe many come from external sources. I recently found out that one particular jingle that has been in my head forever came from an episode of 'The Nanny' which I don't believe I have ever really watched (maybe subconscious listening while someone else was watching it). Often I also get weird tastes when I'm eating things - sometimes I can consciously taste different tastes when I'm eating familiar things. This has also happened with piano - lately I've been getting almost out-of-body experiences when practicing piano - almost like I've been listening to someone else play what I'm actually playing myself. I believe that this may be the sign of , although as an INTJ, I supposedly should not be aware of this in myself (as it is my 8th function)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get this alot, every time I walk to my car at night (in my drive way) I always tense up as if someone might attack me. At home when I am alone, after making a turn around a corner, I always expect someone to be there, or when opening a door. Sometimes I wake up at night and fears trikes me as I notice someone standing at my side, then realize it is only my clothes hanging off the chair in a similar arangement. The best part about intuition is that when something really bad is about to happen, you know it ahead of time somehow with enough input. Sometimes as soon as someone releases a foot ball I already know its gunna break something, and then wish I announced it so that others can attest to this ability. I think we are able to memorize and replay simple patterns and also another dimension of it is through which senses they are replayed. I think the images are made up of other concepts and always lack detail, but the patterns remain the same, which is how we are capable or seemingly storing so much pattern data. Deja vu is when they change something in the matrix :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava (at home)
    I get this alot, every time I walk to my car at night (in my drive way) I always tense up as if someone might attack me. At home when I am alone, after making a turn around a corner, I always expect someone to be there, or when opening a door.
    I experience the same thing too. This quirk has helped me (and my sisters) to avoid 2 molesters in the past.