1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charm?
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOUR FACE IS WEIRD.

Yeah. I went there.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are silly and funny and weird in a cute way.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infantiles make you want to hold them forever and tell them they will never ever have to worry about anything ever again because hugs make everything better.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wat

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aggressors chase --> Victims play games and run away
    Caregivers look after others --> Infantiles are "needy" and enrich other people's life
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infantiles are incapable of bowel control and cogently expressing their thoughts.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something to do with inspiration and possibilities.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Aggressors chase
    Victims play games and run away
    Caregivers look after others

Is there a similar shorthand way of summarizing infantile behaviour?
    See thread title.
    IEE-Ne

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caregivers and Victims both have Extroverted Judgment in their ego.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need to be nourished and protected?

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Director Kam View Post
    Infantiles make you want to hold them forever and tell them they will never ever have to worry about anything ever again because hugs make everything better.
    Infantiles are loyal to those who take care of them, and in turn, allow the Caregiver inside their secret, inner world.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you have "playful" under victim, but that's often a stereotype of infantile.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Infantiles allow caregivers to care for them.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I know you have "playful" under victim, but that's often a stereotype of infantile.
    Actually, Victims are specifically "play games". Infantiles won't play games with you, unless they're board games.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

this is little <3ville<3 revealing the link between bowel movements and dark gothic clothing style.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

“Life sometimes gets so bogged down in the details, you forget you are living it. There is always another appointment to be met, another bill to pay, another symptom presenting, another uneventful day to be notched onto the wooden wall. We have synchronized our watches, studied our calendars, existed in minutes, and completely forgotten to step back and see what we’ve accomplished.”

jodi picoult

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    Actually, Victims are specifically "play games". Infantiles won't play games with you, unless they're board games.
    *hides her pile of burnt board games*

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Infantiles are weird
    More for me, then.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    Somehow I feel that ILE's can be real scheming and calculative.

Besides that, Infantiles come off as playful in the jolly innocent way whereas Victims "play games" in a somehow passive-aggressive (aggression in a much broader sense of the term) way, the stereotype being the girl who just "happens" to be in the same place he is and "accidentally" drops something in front of him.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Creepy-male

Infantiles have an endearing childlike playfulness to them that is charming to some people, this I'm guessing is also different in men and women, women would be more girly and men would be boyish.

Immediately what comes to mind is Mozart in Amadeus or a character like Tony Stark or Sherlok Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.) or the photo of albert einstein with his tongue out. They have a sort of easy going, non-chalant attitude.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ died, What if I like the idea of pampering my SO by doing things for her?
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supportable? As in, they are able to accept the help of others maybe? Not needing it per se, but able to be appreciative of and comfortable with those kinds of contributions?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be interested if there were sample quotes of something an infantile would say to their partner.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    I would be interested if there were sample quotes of something an infantile would say to their partner.
    You'd better get examples from all four infantile types and average them or something. Otherwise your data will be seriously skewed.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    You'd better get examples from all four infantile types and average them or something. Otherwise your data will be seriously skewed.
    That's probably some good advice.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Aggressors chase
    Victims play games and run away
    Caregivers look after others

Is there a similar shorthand way of summarizing infantile behaviour?

Infantiles point at objects.

"Look a XYZ"! ..."Look! a WXY." ... "Look! there's an elephant! Did you know that most of elephants..." ..."Look, a strawberry!! Strawberries can..."

Caregivers are responsive to this.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne/Si label Ne as weird...why?

BECAUSE THEY LACK THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND NE AND PREFER TO BLAME OTHERS
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im train

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    This is quite an old post, but I'm interested in other responses.

Personally it depends on the context of the situation for me. I switch between serious and playful responses as the situation requires. EP infantiles probably lean more toward more consistent lightheartedness.

An example of a serious response I give when I'm interested in someone is to sit and talk with them about their life and their problems. I'm pretty good at that and enjoy it. There aren't really certain things I say, and that's my approach to life -- being responsive rather than proactive, I mean. I prefer to focus my energy on specific problems, (ideally ones that are given to me by other people and the implementation of which I don't feel pressured to deal with myself) rather than to just constantly throw ideas/energy out into the void like IxEs do to see what they can turn up.

When I'm more playful I tend to become much more self-aggrandizing and teasing; the joking image I try to act is one as special and thus worthy to be valued highly -- but it's still a joke, intended to make the other person laugh. For instance, I'll dance exaggeratedly to whatever ambient music might be playing (in a store, for instance); the joke being that I'm a sensual and fun person, but since I'm so bad at it, it provokes laughter. I'll also make jokes encouraging caretaking behavior; for instance if someone says "I wonder what I should do..." I might say something like "You should feed me more of your pancakes." (most of the jokes I make are contextual and it's difficult to just come up with one like this; they're usually funnier!) The idea I think is that the joking does two things: it really is a sincere attempt to make the other person happy/amused, but it really is equally meant as an invitation to take the joke seriously. "You can feed me pancakes, you know. You can believe I'm special and unique and worthy of love..."

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    This is quite an old post, but I'm interested in other responses.

Personally it depends on the context of the situation for me. I switch between serious and playful responses as the situation requires. EP infantiles probably lean more toward more consistent lightheartedness.

An example of a serious response I give when I'm interested in someone is to sit and talk with them about their life and their problems. I'm pretty good at that and enjoy it. There aren't really certain things I say, and that's my approach to life -- being responsive rather than proactive, I mean. I prefer to focus my energy on specific problems, (ideally ones that are given to me by other people and the implementation of which I don't feel pressured to deal with myself) rather than to just constantly throw ideas/energy out into the void like IxEs do to see what they can turn up.

When I'm more playful I tend to become much more self-aggrandizing and teasing; the joking image I try to act is one as special and thus worthy to be valued highly -- but it's still a joke, intended to make the other person laugh. For instance, I'll dance exaggeratedly to whatever ambient music might be playing (in a store, for instance); the joke being that I'm a sensual and fun person, but since I'm so bad at it, it provokes laughter. I'll also make jokes encouraging caretaking behavior; for instance if someone says "I wonder what I should do..." I might say something like "You should feed me more of your pancakes." (most of the jokes I make are contextual and it's difficult to just come up with one like this; they're usually funnier!) The idea I think is that the joking does two things: it really is a sincere attempt to make the other person happy/amused, but it really is equally meant as an invitation to take the joke seriously. "You can feed me pancakes, you know. You can believe I'm special and unique and worthy of love..."
    The description of how you act with your mommy GF's reminds me a lot of my EII bestfriend. Meanwhile i'm more like any Ne lead, I become more clingy and "needy", not in a toxic way, but I do, and Delta ST women seem to want to give me a lot of attention when I do, which is awesome, because I can't control myself, I want it, I need it. I seem to become vulnerable too, which i hate with any other types.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There can be a lot of spellbinding experiences as a child that we may cast aside rather soul-less~ly as we mature, a sad facet for wonderland and drama.

But, we can also become wiser, and understand the deeper meaning of stories.

Of archetypes, symbols, systems, paradoxes, metaphors, all of that can depict and showcase entire merry-go-rounds in fluffy Peter Cottontail Easter Bunny albums!!

I can see popcorn and theatrics racing over the rabbit hole to transcension of doorways and routes of the forbidden depth.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. No charm, or if there is, they don't do it intentionally.

That makes sense to me.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    That's also how I perceive Ne creatives. They 'create' Ne and inject into the environment and it seems kinda acted.

He has put roboTics into Ne
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victim types are weirder.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dad is a stereotypical midwit LII and his 1D fe is a sight to behold. no amount of te justification will make me sympathize with a ne creative

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've had dealings with hundreds of every type, and some of every type had childish aspects in their behaviour and or had eccentricities. "Childlike" is a term that belongs with words like intuitive, feeling, irrational and judging; they all have dictionary meanings that shouldn't be really applied to information processing. And "weird" is a very subjective term that usually comes from within circles that consider themselves the norm, thus making outsiders subject to ridicule. Let's create a new term called "typism" (a milder form of racism?).

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by capricieux View Post
    dad is a stereotypical midwit LII and his 1D fe is a sight to behold. no amount of te justification will make me sympathize with a ne creative
    @capricieux, is your avatar a picture of you? The woman in the photo looks a lot like my LII sister, although yeah, she could be ESI, too.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @capricieux, is your avatar a picture of you? The woman in the photo looks a lot like my LII sister, although yeah, she could be ESI, too.
    obviously not