Thread: Fi suggestive/dual-seeking of LSEs-ESTjs and LIEs-ENTjs

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fi suggestive/dual-seeking of LSEs-ESTjs and LIEs-ENTjs

do ExTjs find their dual's Fi attactive because it provides a sense of family?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: edit: Fi dual seeking function

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    do ExTjs find their dual's Fi attactive because it provides a sense of family?
    It provides a sense of bonding.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do ExTjs find themselves sorta missing that sense of family (wishing it was there) in the absence of their dual?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is this a part of Fi dual seeking?

Being really bad at understanding someone's relationship to you?

Even in terms of working in groups at school and stuff, I can socialize and exchange information. But when it comes to any sort of personal thing, friendships, relationships, and so on..... it is just something that does not come easily to me.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is this a part of Fi dual seeking?

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    How so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's weak Fi in general, I believe.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    How so?
    Like, how they see you. Acquaintance, close friend, good friend. Relationship status.

Like sometimes when our executive board would do things, there would be a bunch of alpha Fe and Si, but I never really felt like I was a part of it. Particularly in the after - work sort of get togethers. Or like, recently, someone from another organization called, and, I was not sure if she was interested in seeing me because she wanted to talk about what we are doing next semester, of if she just wanted to see me because she is nice like that (alpha SF), or what. I relate to people professionally well - like if there is something and there is a task to do, it does not bother me to call or talk to anyone, or anything like that. But personally, it is difficult in what to make of things.

What would be an indication of Fi dual seeking then?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say it puts you in an Fi quadra. Fe types don't tend to care as much about their closeness and defining relationships to others, they care more about keeping a nice atmosphere, and having friends for the sake of interaction, laughs, gossip, etc. Which doesn't mean they are superficial, they just aren't the sort of people that have close-close friends in a traditional sense. Fi and Ti are the traditional close friend sort of people. Ti people form close friendships because of some strived logical ideal and consistency(like the SeTi and TiSe macho guy stereotype unites some Ti types). Fi people like close friendships where nothing is kept secret and they each know their place with eachother, and with others(and this is open for discussion and analysis). Te forms friendships superficially like Fe, but it's more for goals/activities(your Te friend probably tells you a lot about his progress in his activity undertakings, your Fe friend tells you a lot about how they are getting along with others, and how billy said such and such, and how he was 'acting'). A Te person will be your friend because you do activities together. Comparitively, Fe types will be friends because they help easily flow in the atmosphere and exressiveness.

i hope that helps, and i hope others have input. I don't know how irrational functions work with friendships.
    asd

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    Fi and Ti are the traditional close friend sort of people. Ti people form close friendships because of some strived logical ideal and consistency(like the SeTi and TiSe macho guy stereotype unites some Ti types). Fi people like close friendships where nothing is kept secret and they each know their place with eachother, and with others(and this is open for discussion and analysis). Te forms friendships superficially like Fe, but it's more for goals/activities(your Te friend probably tells you a lot about his progress in his activity undertakings, your Fe friend tells you a lot about how they are getting along with others, and how billy said such and such, and how he was 'acting'). A Te person will be your friend because you do activities together. Comparitively, Fe types will be friends because they help easily flow in the atmosphere and exressiveness.
    Yeah I think that totally makes me Te leading and Fi seeking. My friends always here about my 'progress' or lack there of, etc. My thoughts on it. And I like Fi people who want to know everything about me (only some people, I would not want everyone knowing everything about me, of course). But someone who wants that closeness, etc.

Yes, that did help, I believe.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could be wrong though- keep that in mind. I could have Te and Ti mixed up or some datas are applicable to more than the proposed rational function or maybe not type related. that is why i wish more people would provide input/critique. Perhaps better formatting would help.
    asd

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Formatting the title? Or the question?

Yeah. I am looking for more input to. The people may not be online.

(aside: I have been looking at types for myself, and I am fairly sure I am not alpha/beta/fe/merry - but rather gamma/delta/fi/serious)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like, how they see you. Acquaintance, close friend, good friend. Relationship status.

Like sometimes when our executive board would do things, there would be a bunch of alpha Fe and Si, but I never really felt like I was a part of it. Particularly in the after - work sort of get togethers. Or like, recently, someone from another organization called, and, I was not sure if she was interested in seeing me because she wanted to talk about what we are doing next semester, of if she just wanted to see me because she is nice like that (alpha SF), or what. I relate to people professionally well - like if there is something and there is a task to do, it does not bother me to call or talk to anyone, or anything like that. But personally, it is difficult in what to make of things.

What would be an indication of Fi dual seeking then?
    As Joy said, it's an indication of weak Fi generally. I don't agree with all of heath's points.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    Well I should be a bit more descriptive. The way I look at Fi is that it's not just a lack of understanding, but more a lack of confidence. Understanding and Fi to me is not necessary. Someone with Weak Fi can be very perceptive of feeling, even someone's true feeling. But for someone with weak Fi, there is no confidence.

"Feelings don't last, they will abandon, I cannot trust..."

With Weak Fi, relationships with acquaintances are easy, but the closer it gets, the less confidence.

Just as someone who has great intelligence can be insecure in that intelligence, someone of great emotional awareness can be completely paralyzed by it.
    Hey... do you think the difference between strong and weak could be enduring vs temporary? That would mean that one actually looks at different manifestations of the elements given their function's weakness or strength....

Have you already had this thought?

trends seem to me equally temporary. However an dominant might say they are just new cases of the same collective theme.

Yeah I think that's it. It's a matter of time. I guess a vulnerable type would say, "well that's how it is now; it may not be that way later."

So now is that what "strong" versus "weak" means? If that's the case, then does that mean strength's effects are not -- should not -- be measured as a continuum? ...This will help my typing efforts in general, I think. Could be possible to make a concrete determination of the function order's logical justification given this data....

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a person latches on to a temporary feeling as true, then they will be disappointed when the person who has this feeling eventually rejects it in favor of a deeper, time-transient feeling. (like rapport) The pain of the disappointment is a reminder not to use as base. The same goes for : if an INTj believes a collective feeling experience will last, then they will be disappointed unless they receive additional direction from ESFj, who *knows* what is not only popular, but indeed what will *remain* popular. It is our disappointments that create the subjective impetus to put our strong elements before our weak elements. However, the disappointments all owe to people who use our weak elements strongly. (I've learned this from painful experience.)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default ESTj and ENTj: Fi Dual Seeking

Is it Fi dual seeking to shamefully not tolerate certain things in other individuals based on stereotypes that you believe that they may have/posses and voicing these thought in hopes that an Fi will come and say things like "that's not good/bad, right/wrong"?

But at the same time knowing that you have a certain sense of nobleness to you and that you are willing to help others...this would be both Fi valuing and Fi Dual seeking correct?

Do Fi dual seeking people make strange and out of place comments to elicit Fi response?

My understanding of my Fi is that it is ethics and ethics of relationships. Pretty much that is the voice of my conscience and my true personal beliefs about others. Because my introverted ethics is very well developed, I have this need to be moral and correct in my actions to do good things for people and to be conscientious about my sayings, deeds, and actions and when I have not been, I realize the harm that I have incurred and am quick to respond (taking action) to mend or heal bonds between people and myself, and not to forsake humanity.

Someone with an underdeveloped might do anything necessary to reach a goal. Maybe also betraying friends or other highly immoral actions, but someone who values it may say or do things that are out of line but feel ashamed for them but in the same sense, may need a certain sense of guidance?

Also, I've noticed that eventhough ESTp's may value a certain set of morals like being a good person and following some set of values, that they do not value such things as strict honesty.

Is what I'm talking about Fi dual seeking?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-12-2010 at 03:51 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, after several months of your presence on this forum, many users here have begun to doubt the exist of -DS. It's simply befuddling to think that anyone could possibly seek your behavior. It may produce an anomaly within the mathematically precise Socion, but many of us on this forum see it fitting.

It's simply not productive to comment on such a preposterous idea that only exists in idealized theory. Proverbially, "no one likes you."

I, however, have done you the courtesy of pointing this out. Perhaps it will bring you one step closer to joining the enlightened masses.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    Maritsa, after several months of your presence on this forum, many users here have begun to doubt the exist of -DS. It's simply befuddling to think that anyone could possibly seek your behavior. It may produce an anomaly within the mathematically precise Socion, but many of us on this forum see it fitting.

It's simply not productive to comment on such a preposterous idea that only exists in idealized theory. Proverbially, "no one likes you."

I, however, have done you the courtesy of pointing this out. Perhaps it will bring you one step closer to joining the enlightened masses.
    Why don't you just say that it can't be answered?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Why don't you just say that it can't be answered?
    It can be answered; an incorrect premise can be followed to a logical conclusion. However, why would we explore a system we already know is false?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It can be answered; an incorrect premise can be followed to a logical conclusion. However, why would we explore a system we already know is false?
    then let's do it...

Fi = watching what a person says as to not hurt other's feelings
    Fi DS = not being careful what to say unless pointed out then avoids doing that specific thing as to not hurt other's feelings
    Fi ignoring = being able to say exactly what you want whenever even though it will hurt other's feelings.
    -

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do enjoy that. I was merely here to inform you that you are delving into what many would consider superfluous information.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wow, I didn't realize it, until just now, that I just ignored a system for "work". So I am Te seeking, DS is ignoring implementing or implemented system to do work (Te)? I just essentially ignored your Ti; it went right over my head for Fi.

"Why would you explore a system we already know is false?"

Because I have hopes that the system is not false. I don't have any doubts that it's not true. As soon as you said that something can be done, I was ready to do it so essentially Te determines if something can be done or not and devises the workflow method.

With you, I am looking forward to you telling me that it can be done and how it can be done, but you seem to be reluctant to say how because you have Ti. Ti doesn't answer to HOW it can be done; Ti only determines it can or not be done. It takes really hard effort for Ti types to show how something can be done, but why?

Te also determines what to do at a given time. What task to do. I don't know what to do at any given time because I get into hobbies that take me and my mind up or am required to do certain things on schedule, but other then that I'm always at a complete loss about what to do next and (as painful it is now to admit) I can't get myself up to do the next thing quickly (essentially, if my dual cousin was around, the next thing would be laid out already and she would direct/or demand for me to do that next thing -therefore being very naturally herself); So Ti does not direct/or demand in all situations just in a formal work environment. They get a lot more down time then Te types.

Ti types don't say what one should do, they kinda follow the same things that I do, some things are done like work and regular routine things and the rest of the time, they spend it on as many frevelous activities as I can.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-13-2010 at 01:12 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi dual seeking, all i have to do is think of my LSE mom and it becomes obvious. ok so behaviorally, here's what she does:
    • she pays attention to things like thank you notes
    • she keeps track of whether or not people reciprocate
    • she makes it very important for you to do certain tasks for her, simple tasks, that she could do herself, but it's like she needs you to do them so she knows what the status of the relationship is
    • yet she is very child like about relations. she will keep in touch with ex boyfriends for years. she will keep in touch with friends in general for years, friendships that the other person normally would have let go due to outside circumstances such as movng
    • she sends letters and emails to everyone, giving thought to your last conversation and offering more suggestions and advice
    there are probably more, but i can't think of any. my mother's dual seeking is a big part of her, esp when you see her in action socially. it's real. i'm not sure how my father (EII) helps her since often times he's off in an intuitive cloud, but i think these actions are signs of Fi dual seeking.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Blaze

My LSE cousin doesn't do those things at all. She has a dirty mouth and will say things she doesn't mean expecting me to poke her to tell her to quit it and expecting me to love her no matter what she says or does...no problem. I love her and she can't do anything to piss me off, aside from killing me, which she is not capable of doing.

Write letters and send notes hah...email email email.

She gets extremely emotional when she throws a party and people don't show up just to get back at her, she'll get on the phone with them and cry it out, looking to me to go over hug and kiss her...ahhh what a softy.

I figured it out, she'll do everything for me in exchange for my emotional warmth, forgiveness, stability and security...Fi Dual seeking.
    -

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blaze

My LSE cousin doesn't do those things at all. She has a dirty mouth and will say things she doesn't mean expecting me to poke her to tell her to quit it and expecting me to love her no matter what she says or does...no problem. I love her and she can't do anything to piss me off, aside from killing me, which she is not capable of doing.

She gets extremely emotional when she throws a party and people don't show up just to get back at her, she'll get on the phone with them and cry it out, looking to me to go over hug and kiss her...ahhh what a softy.

I figured it out, she'll do everything for me in exchange for my emotional warmth, forgiveness, stability and security...Fi Dual seeking.

Maritsa:

i bet your LSE cousin is quite a bit younger than my 70 year old mother, who's had a chance to learn some Fi behaviors over time. just because my mother does these things doesn't mean every LSE will do exactly the same thing. on the one hand, socionics allows for flexibility in its interpretations of behaviors and what drives them. on the other hand, it's kind of like astrology....you can make a case for almost anything.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Fi dual seeking, all i have to do is think of my LSE mom and it becomes obvious. ok so behaviorally, here's what she does:
    • she pays attention to things like thank you notes
    • she keeps track of whether or not people reciprocate
    • she makes it very important for you to do certain tasks for her, simple tasks, that she could do herself, but it's like she needs you to do them so she knows what the status of the relationship is
    • yet she is very child like about relations. she will keep in touch with ex boyfriends for years. she will keep in touch with friends in general for years, friendships that the other person normally would have let go due to outside circumstances such as movng
    • she sends letters and emails to everyone, giving thought to your last conversation and offering more suggestions and advice
    there are probably more, but i can't think of any. my mother's dual seeking is a big part of her, esp when you see her in action socially. it's real. i'm not sure how my father (EII) helps her since often times he's off in an intuitive cloud, but i think these actions are signs of Fi dual seeking.
    George H. W. Bush has been typed as an LSE on this forum and, based on a PBS documentary about him, exhibits similar behavior.

Creepy-cinq

Blaze

For the most part, this reminds me of SLE behavior.
    Last edited by cinq; 06-13-2010 at 08:28 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    For the most part, this reminds me of like SLE behavior.
    My cousin is less demanding of politeness and is not into observing confrontational behavior or statics of objects/people; she concentrates on how things are going, work, where it's moving. She mostly keeps an eye out to protect people and to make sure people don't get hurt and such.

She's very good at organizing relaxing activities as opposed to spontaneous road/wild trips, she's very methodical, and yes both are or can be organzied but she's such a demanding stickler for time...time time..hurry up..lol. Everything is planed and she can't really do things at the drop of a dime without thinking about what's going on.

Unlike most SLE, she loves to give things to people to make them feel good, not petty gifts of flowers and such, but really important and nice things, Si focused, good food...really with good attention to Si stuff..

as a creative (2nd) function (ESE and LSE)
    The individual is naturally good at organizing relaxing activities and recreation and making sure people are calm and enjoying themselves, but displays this behavior and skill when he sees a specific need for it rather than doing it automatically, all the time. The individual does not place emphasis on being calm and balanced all the time, as opposed to those with as a leading function.

The individual is attuned to people's tastes and personal preferences and likes to do things for or give things to friends and family members that will cause them to enjoy themselves and gain pleasure. For example, creating a comfortable, clean, and spacious setting in the home, taking them out to do something they enjoy, or finding opportunities and people with whom they can pursue their hobbies.
    -

Creepy-cinq

My cousin is less demanding of politeness and is not into observing confrontational behavior or statics of objects/people; she concentrates on how things are going, work, where it's moving. She mostly keeps an eye out to protect people and to make sure people don't get hurt and such.

She's very good at organizing relaxing activities as opposed to spontaneous road/wild trips, she's very methodical, and yes both are or can be organzied but she's such a demanding stickler for time...time time..hurry up..lol. Everything is planed and she can't really do things at the drop of a dime without thinking about what's going on.
    The issue I have is in your description of your cousin being emotional. Well, in fact, the whole post suggests she can be fairly animated/expressive. My understanding is that LSE's are more subdued. I've lived with an SLE for 17 years. Your cousin reminds me of my husband's behaviour to a higher degree than any LSE's I know.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    The issue I have is in your description of your cousin being emotional. Well, in fact, the whole post suggests she can be fairly animated/expressive. My understanding is that LSE's are more subdued. I've lived with an SLE for 17 years. Your cousin reminds me of my husband's behaviour to a higher degree than any LSE's I know.
    People have emotions period; Fe and Fi has nothing to do with emotions it has to do with values, traditions, understandings and morals.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Fi dual-seeking neurosis

Well, the story goes that when an LSE gets flustered about some thing they can't deal with they seek out relationships to relate their problems to, not being able to judge the value of these relations, as in who they are talking to and what importance these people really have in the scope of having added value to their relationship experience.

Have you experienced an LSE who seeks out all kinds of people to pour out their thoughts about events that bother them?

Rod Novichkov described the neurosis best in:

When Extraverted Intellectual Conception takes over the person and pushes out other functions. Pushed out Introverted Emotional Conception
    may spring back in a form of compulsive relationships that don’t let go, obsessive feelings and sentiments that interfere with the everyday life.

Have you experienced a desperate LSE seek out all sorts of people to relate to in their neurosis?
    -

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't judge the value of ideas. I can be excessively cautious when presenting my ideas. Or otherwise I will present immature ideas recklessly. I can't tell whether the listener will value my input.

I also can't judge the value of potential relationships. I withhold intimacy because I can't read what people want in the long term. My feelings are volatile and I doubt any feelings I had in the past.
    Last edited by esq; 03-08-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I have seen an EII do this.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I vent my problems to people I know on the internet so that it's less likely to blow up in my face later.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Well, the story goes that when an LSE gets flustered about some thing they can't deal with they seek out relationships to relate their problems to, not being able to judge the value of these relations, as in who they are talking to and what importance these people really have in the scope of having added value to their relationship experience.

Have you experienced an LSE who seeks out all kinds of people to pour out their thoughts about events that bother them?

Have you experienced a desperate LSE seek out all sorts of people to relate to in their neurosis?
    Maybe...
    I've found this to be the case with SLIs too, maybe even more so.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COMFINED View Post
    I think I have seen an EII do this.
    EII are extremely picky and purposeful about their choice of relations.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    not ime.
    yeah,

if I were to put the order of relations I will have to put my family in the top hierarchy, my 7 closest relations underneath and everyone else falls in the "I'm trying you out" zone, some of which I can hardly bring myself to calling a "friend"
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    That was my 1st thought as well.

Ashton, I call a friend a relation, someone who when I advertise I'm sick, will run over to give me a cup of water. Try that next time you call someone a friend and let me see how many respondents you get.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There's such thing as the neocortex and the paleocortex and I think sometimes I have a difficulty understand how LSE bypass their neocortex in the time of emotional hijacking. Behaviors are not subject to rationalization any longer when this happens. The neocortex, our modern brain is in the process of rational thought, while the paleo is part of instinctual response. What makes me wonder is how someone who is so intelligent in the form of being able to accumulate data, facts, etc and analyze them outside of their own personal interaction, is quite incapable of assuming the same role in regards to their own personal involvement with the very same process, the subject being turned into the object.

If the LSE observes a subject as an object, completely detached from themselves, like in a lab, they are quite capable of discerning the object's behavior, actions, analyze them, describe them and their qualities, but just as soon as the object is in contact with the LSE as a subject, what happens is a lot of what is rationality, which is thinking about why the other person does they things they do in relation to their own emotions and makeup seems to go out the door; intelligence of an LSE, I mean the capability to figuring out what others are doing and will do, is not a factor in this equation, when they become emotionally hijacked. What is emotional hijacking, very simply is that when anything in the slightest seems any sort of accusation of their character, their own person, and would in some way hit or indicate that the person is not accepted (whether these things are in objectively true or not, because sometimes real objectivity is missed) the person turned into nothing but a feeling subject and the responses are often too stress, inappropriately exaggerated, assumed to be an attack on the person's actions and character, even that whatever is said to them might seem in any way unrelated to the assumptions they conclude, the feeling response is often cold, distant, and assuming. Take for instance, you ask an LSE "why did you do that?" If in any way the LSE perceives that as some kind of attack on their actions as being wrong, the response is "don't blame me for your insecurities." The LSE is incapable of viewing something that's purely a question of "what happened" and instead allows their emotional brain to hijack them and respond inappropriately. The appropriate approach to such a situation is to 1. be calm, 2. restore some sense of security that the person is not being attacked, 3. express your concern and question in another way, 4. the feeling LSE may be really off the deep end and then what is most appropriate in this case is to just leave them alone.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think LSE, particularly, make the poorest choices out of their personal selfishness with regards to handling personal relationships out of their own sense of comfort and safety; this is often due to their lack of concern for the emotional welfare of the people who they make choices against, for, whatever in favor of their own sense of comfort and rationality, destroying relationships, destroying the feelings of the other individual, despite having had a normal relationship before certain loss of comfort; their unwillingness to forgive or to see past events that would incite their memory, jolt them back to a time when they had feelings that were somewhat normal and had continuity is scarce and certainly lacking at times.

When THEY decide to make choices, they are often made without consideration of the opposite party's own personal sense of comfort, security and emotions; often making the LSE seem intent-full, hurtful, feelingless, and irresponsible. Because their common call is that "well, I make choices for me" which is pretty much saying that they don't care about how someone else takes or deals with the choices that come suddenly, unexpectedly and without appropriate amount of normal exchange and interaction.

It's like being thrown a giant cannon, right into your emotional life and now YOU have to decide how to deal with it;

I find that partnerships and relationships with other types are smoother, much more developing in terms of fluidity of movement in feelings; I feel like I'll know, can know, or can reasonably expect certain actions, and deal with them in appropriate smoothness of changing emotional states.

Truth be told, my dual cousin has NEVER done anything in terms of outright inappropriate emotional response, there have been little jerks, but she realize them quickly and calls herself on them to take actions to restore reciprocity of feelings to herself in relationship with others. It's a comfort in knowing that I've never been put in that situation with her. But certainly, I do not have a romantic relationship and thus far, what I've experienced with all TeSi, TeNi, types in relationship response to me has been very negative.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-11-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default LSE neurosis continued.

How do you guys think LSE handle relationships, personal, emotional, familial, etc.
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast