You are so awesome.

I read that twice I enjoyed it so much.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have just reminded me of why Se as a base function is unimpressive... at best. You can kick people's asses? That's nice. I wouldn't mind having my ass kicked. That's what lawyers were invented for. Sell your house, you owe me money. You may very well owe me money for decades to come.

Good job summing up the irriting thing about ESTps by the way. Thanks.

the ESTp will try to get into your pants
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhh... I see no reason to post anything "clever". That's just how life is.
    SEE

You told us how ISTJs are similar and different from ESTPs, so how does the ESTP compare and contrast to ENFJ and INFP?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gah the part about the looks is so true. Every time an ESTp sees that you're better looking/more fit than him, he'll tell you "you're ugly and fat". I have to come to recognize that it's the way they say "I am envious".
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very good caricature. Exaggerated, of course, but still recognizable. Very funny.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks

ESTPs are great.
    This post did kind of remind me of why they are not my dual though.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi I'm an INTJ married to an ESTp and I have to say HumanBean that while your deascription was exaggerated, it was very accurate in terms of my hubby. I couldn't have said it better myself! But that's why I love him

BTW do any other ESTps out there have the ability to manipulate large groups of people into doing their bidding in order to savor the feeling of being in absolute control? Just wondering, that ability has always fascinated me

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ahhhh, it's good to be ugly!

“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    while your deascription was exaggerated, it was very accurate in terms of my hubby. I couldn't have said it better myself!
    exactly

oyburger, if this is something that you love about your husband, it's unlikely that you're INTj.
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"oyburger, if this is something that you love about your husband, it's unlikely that you're INTj."

Well actually it took me nearly a decade to come to love these things about my husband. Eventually we decided to accept what we consider each other's odd personality quirks if we wanted to stay together. Now he gives me my space and dosen't get mad when I say "Go away for few hours and leave me alone" and I don't get mad when he's a loud obnoxious egotist. I love things the about him that I am not and vice versa.

PS I'm pretty certain about being an INTj. I've taken several tests over the past few years and it's always come up INTj and never anything else. Plus I've never read anything that describes me more.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    oyburger, if this is something that you love about your husband, it's unlikely that you're INTj.
    Strongly disagree.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't doubt you intjness, but how did you come to hook up with this estp?
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"i don't doubt you intjness, but how did you come to hook up with this estp?"

He continuously approached me and I continuously ignored him for about 2 years. I didn't know him so I couldn't see why he was telling me he "loved me" etc. Eventually he wore down my defenses and I conceded defeat and decided to get to know him. He was 15 at the time and I was 16. For a couple of years family and friends held on to the belief that we wouldn't last. And considering how fast he goes through friends I didn't think so either, but here we are.

So in conclusion I was young and stupid and fell in love. But I don't regret it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AWWWW. That's the cutest thing I ever read! He's one of the good ESTPs, eh.
    INFP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how does my thinking that ESTps are annoying mean that I have issues? there are a whole lot of people that find the stereotypical ESTp (not just the psychotic ones like in your description) annoying.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HumanBean
    Well I'd say, anything stereotypical is annoying.
    agreed!!!!!!!

lol I'm a real estate investor and home inspector

and I'm not saying that ESTps are annoying... I'm saying that many people, myself included, find them annoying. don't get me wrong... I'm sure I could be good friends with some ESTps, and I'm sure I could get along with most ESTps... it's just that the combination of their base function and hidden agenda often make my head hurt. I don't enjoy Fe... I use it for business and to make my life easier with relatives and whatnot, but seeing others delight in people's use of it bugs me. Seeing people delight in using it to delight others bugs me. That type of Fe is just excessively pointless and gets in the way of communication and accomplishment. Yes, I am being hypocritical because I use Fe to communicate and accomplish things... it's just the EXCESSIVENESS of Fe in the room that bothers me. And yes I know I am speaking in circles but right now I don't care.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bottom line- Fe and Se should (from my perspective) be tools... not things used for fun or pleasure or in any excessive or otherwise overpowering way

*sighs*
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like fun and pleasure, I just don't get them the same way some types do. it's not a matter of taking them too seriously. it's just that this use of those functions just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. perhaps it's a weakness that I allow myself to be so irritated. we all have weaknesses.
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I certainly love all the ESTps I've ever met. For some reason I'm drawn to them. :wink:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not an estp
    asd

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like being with estps 'cos they offer me another perspective in life. But, I have to admit that when u get into their bad shoes, u r dead. a few of them turned my life into hell for quite some time during my school days, and even after 2 years since the ordeal, one of the estps whom i recently met still bore the same grudge. but, fortunately they belong to the minority of the estps i have known so far. :wink:

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    i'm not an estp
    prolly not
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like being with estps 'cos they offer me another perspective in life.
    That seems to be my reason too. I like their confidence and fearlessness

But, I have to admit that when u get into their bad shoes, u r dead. a few of them turned my life into hell for quite some time
    Yep my experience too when I was younger.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTps have never done anything significantly bad to be. I don't think they're *bad* or mean or evil or whatever.
    SEE

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTps have never done anything significantly bad to be. I don't think they're *bad* or mean or evil or whatever.
    true. the estps i knew can be insensitive sometimes, but they only do it in the name of fun. no "evil" motives intended.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

insensitivity doesn't bother me... again, it's not so much the ESTps... it's the way others act around them that's the issue. one on one, I get along with ESTps rather well, actually.
    SEE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think i really know that many ESTP. Well actually i probablly do but i dont realise it. The ones i do think are ESTP are fine in my book. I respect confidence and when i watch someone being confident i feel myself learning and aspiring to be like that too
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se =/= confidence
    SEE

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

insensitivity doesn't bother me... again, it's not so much the ESTps... it's the way others act around them that's the issue. one on one, I get along with ESTps rather well, actually.
    are you really honest here, joy? I sense something is hiding behind the bush... or something
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, I am being honest. it's the way others interact with them (not the ESTps themselves) that irritate me
    SEE

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JOY YOU ARE AWESOME!! I WANT TO BE WITT YOO
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, I am being honest. it's the way others interact with them (not the ESTps themselves) that irritate me
    Just curious but what is it about the interactions that annoy you?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf?
    SEE

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIKE SHE WANTS THAT KIND OF ATTENTION AND THAT PEOPLE LAUGH AT THEM AND I KNEW THAT FEELING A LOT. IT IS JEALOAUSY AND IF SHE DENIES IT IT IS MORE lies. lies. lies.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Just curious but what is it about the interactions that annoy you?
    like I said...

I don't enjoy Fe... I use it for business and to make my life easier with relatives and whatnot, but seeing others delight in people's use of it bugs me. Seeing people delight in using it to delight others bugs me. That type of Fe is just excessively pointless and gets in the way of communication and accomplishment. Yes, I am being hypocritical because I use Fe to communicate and accomplish things... it's just the EXCESSIVENESS of Fe in the room that bothers me. And yes I know I am speaking in circles but right now I don't care.
    Mephisto, I've had more of that attention in the past 10 years than I could want in 10 lifetimes. It's fucking annoying. offensive even. I'd rather that the ESTps get it because then at least I can just walk away.
    SEE

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so you want to.. enlighten the estp kind of? like it does not sees its mistakes? It hasnt done the observations of the surroundings that you have? they lack the experience?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no... that's how I feel about INFps, actually
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto
    LIKE SHE WANTS THAT KIND OF ATTENTION AND THAT PEOPLE LAUGH AT THEM AND I KNEW THAT FEELING A LOT. IT IS JEALOAUSY AND IF SHE DENIES IT IT IS MORE lies. lies. lies.
    No.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast