Thread: what's her type?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what's her type?

I have a friend whom I have come to deem as "untypable". She is sweet and friendly, but painfully shy. She gets rather nervous easily when she's with a group of people, but she is fine when she speaks to you one-to-one, though it depends on who she is speaking to. I got to know her 'cos she was from the same class as me for 4 years. I enjoy being with her 'cos she's sensitive, a good listener and empathetic.

She doesn't do well academically, scoring mostly Cs and the occasional Bs in all her subjects, even though she is now majoring in psychology in college right now. And she is still unsure whether her interest in the subject is strong or not. She is poor in gym and has poor motor skills. When I asked her what she usually do after school, she said that she went home right after school, and at home, she would watch loads of tv and surf the net, and she doesn't study except when she is in college during classes. Moreover, she doesn't seem to enjoy hands-on activities like playing sports or the ones like Sensors would enjoy. She is also not keen in writing during her free time or engage in artistic pursuits, and has no interest in any hobbies, or so she says. She seems to have rather low self esteem.

Recently, when we are online, she confided in me that she has a habit which began to make me feel worried for her. Like some, she enjoys looking at xanga sites. But she takes a step further and she is currently infatuated with a xanga member whom she doesn't know at all. It seems like she likes what she sees in his photo and what she reads about him. She would read his blog daily and even went all the way to google about him. She even checked out his friendster and myspace sites. She sometimes tell me that she imagines been with him together. Anyway, luckily, she doesn't stalk him in real life, and she confided in me that she herself is frightened by her own behaviour which has occured a few times before, but she felt compelled to do all these 'cos she really felt that she had nothing to do.

You see, based on all these, I really feel that she is untypable. I really would like to help her get over her low self-esteem, but it seems that there's nothing I can do. She is a rather nice person and I feel that she doesn't deserve the life she is in now, which she feels hard to explore due to her apprehension of been embarassed (?!).

So, what type do u think she is? I hope that it would help her understand herself better and improve her current situation.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sounds like an anaesthetized ENFp.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking INFj.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A neurotic INFp?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think an unhealthy INFj or ENFp
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    I think an unhealthy INFj or ENFp
    Yes, that's my impression too.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAY

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She sounds like me, very INFP.
    INFP

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm im not being defensive but i dont think she sounds ENFP, although im open to the fact that she might have an anxiety disorder(have been through that).

She gets rather nervous easily when she's with a group of people, but she is fine when she speaks to you one-to-one, though it depends on who she is speaking to.
    That doesn't smack 100% ENFP although i suppose i am far better 1 on 1 than in a group.

She is poor in gym and has poor motor skills. When I asked her what she usually do after school, she said that she went home right after school, and at home, she would watch loads of tv and surf the net, and she doesn't study except when she is in college during classes.
    Hmm poor in gym, can that be attributed to type? Im not bad at sport, an ENFP girl i work with is A grade Netball. Watching Loads of TV, hmm i watch very little except a few movies, i do hang on the net. I dont study tho i suppose

Anyway thats all i will say. I feel sorry for her though i hope you can help her. I agree, get her out a bit. You could ask her to do the test, i mean she is bored already, so she probablly wont mind doing it.

EDIT:: Hmm nah she could be ENFP i can kinda see it now but i still doubt it
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's hinata!

Recently, when we are online, she confided in me that she has a habit which began to make me feel worried for her. Like some, she enjoys looking at xanga sites. But she takes a step further and she is currently infatuated with a xanga member whom she doesn't know at all. It seems like she likes what she sees in his photo and what she reads about him. She would read his blog daily and even went all the way to google about him. She even checked out his friendster and myspace sites. She sometimes tell me that she imagines been with him together. Anyway, luckily, she doesn't stalk him in real life, and she confided in me that she herself is frightened by her own behaviour which has occured a few times before, but she felt compelled to do all these 'cos she really felt that she had nothing to do.
    ummmm why exactly does she think that's wrong? the only thing that's wrong with that is that she's not balanced. she just needs to be more active in her real life.

self-esteem though... that's a tough one. I'd suggest not trying to "help" her. it'll be a very frustrating and pointless process.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/