View Poll Results: what is John Lennon's type?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

7 50.00%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

2 14.29%
  • EIE (ENFj)

5 35.71%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Lennon

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lennon was definitely NF, IEE . I could hardly see anything else.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII-Ne 5w4

look at the VI: https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/lii-ne/

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

mm yeah i think eie

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Lennon - ISFP - Dumas

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

hes so N

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introverted?

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by user123 View Post
    EIE
    +1

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE is my guess too. EIE-Ni subtype.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost 100% sure he was ILE-Ti, though some of the things he was alleged to have done like hitting his son for bad manners, don't seem ILE-Ti. EIE usually aren't that commercially successful as artists nor in the way they "stir up the pot"/change the world like Lennon did, they usually do it through it politics (including assassinations) and as CEOs. He also came to respect property rights. He was quite emotional for an ILE-Ti, but then many ILE-Ti males are quite emotionally expressive and open to their emotions. And he supported private property rights heavily, seemed more yielding than obstinate, and his spending on high quality things (especially apartments, homes) indicate ILE-Ti over EIE. EIE sometimes buy expensive homes, but they don't usually look good, if they bought it on their own.

ILE-Ti are usually the most commercially successful artists and business people, especially when starting something new and "breaking new ground" like Lennon did. I've never heard his music (or if I didn't then I didn't know it was his), but he seemed like a good person overall who just happened to have an inferiority complex that it sounds like he sometimes took out on other people.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, the vast majority white American gentile males who were EIE-Ni supported the Vietnam War, while Alpha NT men were much more likely than most to oppose. He didn't seem to have much fear about communism coming over here like an EIE-Ni would've. He also didn't seem to absorb the emotions of demonstrators that much and then act on them in a violent, political-office taking way like an EIE-Ni (e.g., ******) would have (if an EIE-Ni had really opposed the war that much they would've joined an activist group or demonstrations and tried to lead the people in that group/had a group where members could join, rather than a band). He and his work were also more original than EIE-Ni tend to be. EIE-Ni usually aren't talented (to a revolutionary degree) non-violent people like Lennon was especially when they're seeing conflict that they can't stand.

He had a mostly Alpha demeanor slightly leaning towards Beta (his defiance, rebelliousness, combativeness, but those are somewhat common in ILE-Ti), but not a pure Beta one (Betas tend to be more nationalist, which Lennon certainly was not). Also, he said he didn't really feel like he fit in with a group when he was young and that he was a kid the other parents' kids wanted to keep their kids away from, while it's highly unlikely an EIE-Ni would reflect and say they didn't fit in or that parents tried to keep their kids away from them. Compare that to ****** and David Duke when they were young and it's like they idealized being part of a group of friends when they were young and actually cared to conform. Other EIE-Ni people I know also fit in well with groups of friends when they were younger and if they didn't and/or had a terrible childhood when they young, they will have either spent the last few years of their lives as militant rebels/authoritarians, or trying to "help people" and enjoying their spirituality. Lennon was more likely to be observing the action from afar and he made an artistic career of it, EIE-Ni don't usually do that; EIE-Ni are less likely to be that successful and popular as artists than ILE-Ti. He also didn't deliver speeches to audiences directly as much as an EIE would have.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does VI ILE I realized, but it's hard to see him as not being EIE... IEE is an interesting typing for him. I also see sx first or second. He's just always seemed pretty EIE to me

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Lennon - ISFP Dumas

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ergot View Post
    dodging of interview questions thru wordplay looks like Ne-flexing to me. keeps things light and entertaining, despite him being "edgy". he's so devilishly funny.

Paul McCartney strikes me as SF artisan type. if Paul were SEI , John as EIE would be supervised. which does not seem to fit.
    interaction below:

I cherish the idea of P & J being duals (or activity partners)and that feeding their creativity
    That's a good point. I agree on SEI for Paul too. John does VI (taken with a grain of salt, but also some patterns are kind of hard to dismiss) like an ILE and I am seeing it more in is mannerisms here as well.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw this thread and I was curious enough to watch some old clips of the band. It’s uncanny how Paul and John seemed attached at the hip in them. Even with all 4 members present, they still shared a closer space or walked like in the same bubble, with the other two a little behind them. It reminds me of something like a shared biofield I once read about duals. This points to very favorable IR, probably duality. If you watch the videos, you'll see what I mean.

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (43.4 KB, 1 views)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man do they harmonize well together too @ Paul and John @chorus

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, don't ask me how or why, but I ended up in this hilarious Beatles thread somewhere, an a seemingly rabid fan (enough to watch all their interviews and listen to their sessions) noticed this about their interaction.

Here’s his/her unintentional contribution to this thread:

One observable example is that John and Paul did this weird spider-hand gesture thing with each other for years (which can be observed in some of the earlier interviews they did as a group with the press), and often when you listen to session tapes their speech to each other isn't linear and cohesive, but they always "get" what the other one is telling them. It was a relationship, and it was complicated and intense. Even their significant others, friends, and colleagues made comments on how intertwined they were over the years.

*duality intensifies*

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concerning Paul and John, they are a Creative-Harmonizing subtype match, there's no doubt about that. So one has to take that into account.

I guess John is EIE, and Paul could very well be an ESE-H.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Concerning Paul and John, they are a Creative-Harmonizing subtype match, there's no doubt about that. So one has to take that into account
    I thought theory had it that Creatives will have their way and Harmonizers are less likely to offer resistance, which is why the match works, not that communication channels work seamlessly when it's harder to understand for third parties.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12