I've posted up the revised version. That explains why Russians keep typing Jung as LII.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumer1an View Post
Yeah.... the ILI philosophy doesn't work for me either. Surprisingly, I actually hold a very similar view as Uncle Rob. Laws are outside of perception and are not relative. Man's interaction with these laws form order and disorder and also correlate with morality. The disorder is only a product from man's imperfection and if man were perfect he would interact in accord with these objective laws.
I don't think Gulenko means your overall philosophy, but more like your internal predisposition that influences your motivations, which the person is also likely to project on other people and the world at large. What he describes for ILI type, this "agnosticism of the intellect" and "knowledge is possible only when one attains complete inner clarity" is actually similar to what an ILI friend of mine has tried to describe about his mindset. It is also similar to what korpsey has described in this post - epoché, the suspension of judgement that serves as the basis for skeptical thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
Gilly, if Gulenko were actually saying that Sensors are driven by sensory information, I'd agree with you. But no, we have fantastic descriptions like "SEIs are about fun" and "ESEs are driven by their feelings", right next to "LIIs build systems to describe the universe".

This article appears to undermine the intelligence of Sensory types, which is stupid.
He is talking about the internal perceptions of different types, not their abilities, talents, skills, IQ, or EQ for that matter. Using your example he is not saying that "LIIs build systems that describe the universe" but that "LIIs see the universe as if it's built on systems". That's quite a different matter.

I did cringe a little at the word "materialism" as some people will associate it with some negative connotation or another ("greed" comes to mind) but I suppose he had no better word to use.