View Poll Results: what type is Kate Bush?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

1 6.67%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

8 53.33%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 6.67%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

3 20.00%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 6.67%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

2 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kate Bush

thanks twe this always gets me !

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESI-Se 4w3

she looks similar to Stratiyevskaya: http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=Stratievskaya

Last edited by silke; 07-24-2019 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, but she's one of my heroes!

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EII>ESI. don't like her music, feels very foreign, tho I can see it's elaborate enough

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Huh, idk, 4w3 is obvious, but I can't decide between EII or some type of IEI-Ni.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've noticed a few people over the years who seemed to indicate that they found her 'superficial' or 'phoney', something a little off etc. ...and I just could not fathom why. I suppose this is related to being 'OTT', which is a view I can actually understand but do not think is in anyway accurate. Everything (mostly) she does is done with a great passion and enthusiasm...she doesn't do throwaway stuff that she isn't into. (She even took the time to develop production skills...her live performances too, as few as they have been, have always put a huge significance on their theatrical quality).

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI, i think. Probably not Ni-subtype.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Easy IEI-Fe

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kate Bush - ISTP - Gabin

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Stackemup has her listed as sx/so 9w1.

http://stackemup.livejournal.com/ (Stackemup has the best breakdown for each type, wing and stack anywhere. Use it)

That looks right. She smiles too much for a 4w3. lacks the melancholic expression. More naïve and childlike like a 9w1.

Final Typing: IEI-Fe 9w1 sx/so

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beta NF

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kate Bush

Any ideas what her type is? Looks like a tie between IEI and EIE. http://index.sakinorva.net/view?id=773 What do y'all think? I absolutely adore her, her artistry and silliness/eccentricity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNtPbHkp0U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4csr6pLZLg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSCdqI-5Qh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSQ6ispjgnU

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah, I didn't get notified by all these replies! And seems the post was altered somehow from how it was originally O.o, but no worries, a lot of EIE's, EII's and IEI's... interesting. I have no idea myself, hence the post

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhhh I see what happened, haha, someone else already posted and my post was added

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram 7w6 sx, just like Joanna Newsom. Probably Mozart as well.

From Beatrice Chestnut's book:

The Sexual Seven: “Suggestibility”

Individuals with the Sexual Seven subtype are gluttons for things of the higher world—for
    optimistically seeing things as they could be in the ideal world of their imaginations. Sexual Sevens
    are dreamers with a need to imagine something better than stark, ordinary reality. These Sevens have
    a passion for embellishing everyday reality, for being too enthusiastic, and for idealizing things and
    seeing the world as better than it actually is. Their gluttony gets expressed as a need for idealization.
    Sexual Sevens are not as interested in the things of this world as they are in the things of a more
    highly advanced dimension. They look at the sky as an escape from the earth; they are more
    “heavenly” than “earthy.” People with this subtype are light-hearted enjoyers with a need to dream and
    to idealize and embellish the ordinary. In line with this tendency, they can be very idealistic and
    somewhat naive.

These Sevens tend to look at things with the optimism of somebody who is in love. Everything
    looks better when you are in love, and the Sexual Seven takes refuge in this kind of ideal, positive
    experience as a way of unconsciously avoiding what might be unpleasant in life. They focus on a
    highly positive view of life to distract themselves from the uncomfortable or scary emotions they
    would rather remain unaware of.

It is said that “love is blind.” Naranjo contends that Sexual Sevens may be said to be blind in this
    same sense: they display a bit too much enthusiasm and optimism and pay disproportionate attention
    to the positive data in a situation. These Sevens can fall in love very intensely, and they relate to their
    world through dreaming and imagination. They imagine what the world could be, and they can
    believe that this optimistic view is real.

In this way, Sexual Sevens express a need to fantasize, a need to dream, or a need for rose-colored
    glasses. These Sevens have a tendency to be too happy. They display a need to live in a charmed
    reality, to fantasize—to live in a world they create in their minds rather than the actual external world.
    This can be seen as an overcompensation that reflects an unconscious desire to deny or avoid the
    painful or boring or frightening parts of life. Sexual Sevens tend to experience an underlying fear of
    getting stuck in these kinds of feelings and so take refuge in optimism.

This Seven’s need to dream is a form of idealization—a passion for viewing life as it could be or
    as they imagine it to be; a tendency to live for the sweetness in a dreamed-of or imagined world
    rather than for the ordinary and not-so-interesting reality. They don’t want to pay attention to anything
    bad or difficult that might be happening.

Sexual Sevens think, “I’m okay, everything’s okay.” Naranjo points out that this way of thinking is
    very therapeutic for everyone who is not a Seven. Sexual Sevens often had some sort of painful
    experience growing up and they’ve adopted a sense of lightness as a defense against feeling their
    pain. They defensively take refuge in a happy, or excessively happy, and expansive mood that
    operates as a way of unconsciously diverting themselves from recognizing and feeling a deeper pain.
    It’s like walking lightly above things or hovering at an elevated level as a means of escaping the
    uncomfortable emotions.

The name given to this type is “Suggestibility,” which implies a readiness to be mentally flexible
    and imaginative—but it also has to do with being gullible, easy to hypnotize, and susceptible to the
    infection of enthusiasm. Naranjo points out that Sexual Sevens’ cognitive defenses are shaped as
    suggestion, fantasy, and illusion. They can naively believe that people are what they say they are, and
    they can be very trusting, seeing the world and people in beautiful, perhaps overly positive, terms.
    They run to an idyllic future and away from a potentially uncomfortable or painful present. They
    display a prevalence of thought and imagination over feeling and instinct.

In terms of personal style, Sexual Sevens are people who like to talk a lot. They are verbose and
    excited by their own discourse, and their speech is characterized by a flow of “wonderful ideas and
    possibilities.” They can also play the role of the carefree clown whom nothing seems to affect. People
    with this subtype tend to use ironic humor, which can be escapist, and they test limits through
    seduction and humor. They seek acceptance, appreciation, and recognition, and they manipulate
    through seduction.

Sexual Sevens plan and improvise a lot. They believe that they can do everything, and they feel a
    need to plan or mount successful strategies that will ensure their pleasure. They may experience
    anxiety, however, about the difficulty of engaging in many scenarios at once and having to give
    something up. They can have a restless and anxious energy, which can take the outer form of doing
    things on many fronts and engaging in many activities at the same time. Their excitement and anxiety
    can cloud their perception of reality. At times they may rebel through passive-aggression, which they
    tend to do by living in their imagination—relating to situations as they would like them to be and not
    taking action in the real world.

Sexual Sevens see the world as a marketplace of outstanding opportunities: the more you take, the
    more you can enjoy. These Sevens express excitement about the possibility of consuming many
    experiences—everything is exciting and spectacular—like someone who goes to a bakery and wants
    to try a bit of everything. They find a sense of satisfaction in being able to have it all, in not missing
    or losing out on anything.

Contrary to what we might expect from this “Sexual” Seven subtype, this Seven is not so much
    focused on sex as they are on the essence of love. Sexual Sevens fall in love very easily, but they’re
    not as interested in having sex with someone as they are in attaining a kind of idealized ultimate
    connection. Sexuality itself stays primarily in the head for these characters. It’s a normal sexuality on
    one hand, but it’s a promise for a bigger opening to a mystical union on the other.

Sexual Sevens are gluttons for things of the higher world, and this makes them dreamers. They
    often feel an attraction to spiritual or metaphysical experience, as well as to extraordinary or esoteric
    things. Earthly, mundane things can be very hard to bear for a person who lives in a more idealized
    mental reality, and so this individual can have an intense dislike for activities they find routine,
    tedious, or boring.

For the Sexual Seven, earthly things take effort, and can therefore feel boring or tedious, whereas
    the mind works so easily and without friction. It’s so much easier to imagine doing something than to
    actually do it. So, this Seven finds comfort—indulging a kind of worldly laziness—in imagining
    instead of doing.

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kate Bush is a freak of nature, no use trying to type her based on the info out there.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's collabing with Big Boi of Outkast I hear. Now that, should be interesting.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

YESENIN

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE. And I think Emily Bronte was ILI. Kate Bush tapped into that when she watched the Wuthering Heights movie..(and then made the song), which is why the song is soo good!
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 12-22-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright alright maybe IEI..maybe Wuthering Heights is just ni magic after all...

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BethanyR View Post
    Alright alright maybe IEI..maybe Wuthering Heights is just ni magic after all...
    you are right about emily, though
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People will type has as IEI-Fe based on her clear Fe creative and Ni/Se valuing. She doesnt't display any Ni because...

She's actually SeFe, just like a friend of mine I know.

So @Bethany is the closest because she typed her as SEE
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Megatrop what do you mean by SeFe? Her Ni was so Ni it somehow turned into Se?

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    @Megatrop what do you mean by SeFe? Her Ni was so Ni it somehow turned into Se?
    She's SEE, Se base and Fe creative. This goes against Socionics theory though, so people will mistype her as Fe subtype of Ni base, because people can see the functions but not it's placement

Same about me. People see Ne and Fe in me, cause I'm a NeFe type. But some have typed me SiFe or SEI even though my Ne is pretty high.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    She's SEE, Se base and Fe creative. This goes against Socionics theory though, so people will mistype her as Fe subtype of Ni base, because people can see the functions but not it's placement

Same about me. People see Ne and Fe in me, cause I'm a NeFe type. But some have typed me SiFe or SEI even though my Ne is pretty high.
    Interesting. I’m still new to socionics (or too dumb/impatient to learn it) but something about the idea of the functions is off-putting to me. Maybe, yeah, a SEE could look very like an IEI because they display what we commonly identify as ‘fe’ even though they don’t technically value/use it according to socionics. I mean, I do want to learn about the functions and Jung is next on my reading list but I’ve always felt a resistance in me towards learning about them lol (which I think
    is more than laziness)

Still don’t know what her type is. I remember my SEE friend trying to get me into her music..I don’t know it that well, I think I only like (LOVE) the Wuthering Heights one. Her crazy dancing does seem a bit IEI..also whenever a person is weird I’ve just started assuming IEI recently ha

TIM
    INTp 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are y'all out of your minds... She's clearly a IEI.
    Formerly known as littleblackcloud!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is this even a question? A model of the IEI archtype.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    How is this even a question? A model of the IEI archtype.
    Oh YES she is
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My impression of her is that she is EIE, based on her interest in drama and her visual resemblance to LSIs.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading about her life recently- she took a big career break when she had a kid. Sounds like something an IEI would do..though maybe an EIE too. I’ll never get over how good the Wuthering Heights song is- she’s def a ni type to Emily’s ILI. Emily Bronte- ‘Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same’. It’s as if she brought Emily’s soul back to life. I think the song gives the book new meaning too. It’s quite dark but it’s a great book for teens. Kate adds some lightness to the love story- Cathy seems to love Heathcliff more in the song..it’s a more romanticised version of a dark, wild, strange love story. Dark, kooky, ni romance.

watched some old vids..seems pretty IEIish. Shy smile, quiet
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 07-14-2022 at 05:02 PM.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see her being either Beta NF, but I think her fame is more indicative, EIE. But she seems more introverted like. So maybe a distant subtype EIE or an IEI with a contact subtype, but I feel like it’s the former….

EIE-H?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not IEI lol. EII.
    Last edited by hellohellohello; 07-15-2022 at 02:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12