Thread: INTJ and cooking

Creepy-another ENFP

Default INTJ and cooking

Do INTJ like cooking? Or rather INTP? What NT type like the most cooking?

thanks!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an INTJ, and heck yeah I like cooking

Creepy-another ENFP

cool, since ENFPs don't like cooking!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah, you and your manipulative tactics ... tsk tsk tsk ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should warn you, as a university student I survive off of tomato soup and waffles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few of my ENTj friends like cooking (and they are males).

Creepy-Kristiina (INTJ)

I also like to cook. I think there are reasons. :wink:

I don't eat that much during the day (often once a day) and I do like to eat tasty food. The most cost-effective method is to make it yourself. I can make food that is just as good as restaurant food, but with half the money. Logical and practical - I think many INTJs would agree.

The other side is the "do it yourself to get best resaults" attitude. With some experiance your own cookings start to taste better and better. Soon you will start finding flaws in restaurant food ("Damn! If only they had boiled the potatos in saltier water" "Why on earth did they have to burn the meat. It's dry now.").
    Restaurants are for inspiration. And 5-minute foods are needed when you totally lack inspiration.

Creepy-another ENFP

cool! I thought, INTJs were unable to be practical...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone is practical when it involves food ...

Creepy-Kristiina (INTJ)

Quote Originally Posted by another ENFP
    cool! I thought, INTJs were unable to be practical...
    What do you mean? I'm practical. I have always been and will always be.

(Except when I can't stop myself from being a perfectionist. "But honey, if I give the platic bag to you, you will break it, but I will have opened the knot in just ten seconds." Fortunately he is used to it and often thinks it's cute.) :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTJ and cooking

Quote Originally Posted by another ENFP
    Do INTJ like cooking? Or rather INTP? What NT type like the most cooking?

thanks!
    I do. I should like it no matter what because it is important to eat the right thing. To eat what we humans are supposed to eat. It feels natural (and logical!).

I don´t feel glad when i cook well.. but i "like" it the way that I like it in comparison to not to cook my food which would lead to having food I don´t think is good. I have to make it myself otherwise I would feel worse. So actually, I may not like it either but i need to do it. Something that just has to be done. To fix it, fresh vegetables etc. I am a vegetarian as well because I cannot cope with thinking about how animals are treated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTJ and cooking

I should have been logged in as I sent my message above. And yes I think I am mostly an INTJ.

Creepy-

My INTJ uncle lives for the time he spends cooking every night. It's the bright spot in his day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not an INTj. But I love cooking. I must say. Really. I must admit that learning the skills requiring to do it correctly was somewhat of an adventurous undertaking in the beginning. With year of experience, and knowledge gathered from precious readings of "Cooking for Dummies", I have managed o develop my competency in the culinary arts to a satisfactory level. I can now efficiently and reliably choose the correct time to cook frozen delicacies in my microwave.
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crap, Eidos has the rest of us cornered! I'm still writting that type of info on my hand!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, and write well young man, for the wisdom that I speak is precious. Just do not expect to judge the quality of the food you're choosing based on photographs you would have paired with other food you thought was tasty.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're still on about that? - I need to watch my actions, could give someone a superiourity complex.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    You're still on about that? - I need to watch my actions, could give someone a superiourity complex.
    I believe your ill attempt at wit is rendered useless by the fact that a well informed observer would have deducted that in fact such actions you speak about only serve to fuel your own particular complex.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever floats your boat ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a further note, apparently there is an immense Quasi-identical relationship forming here. Guess that futher proves I am an ENTP ...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default nice subject

I'm INTJ, and i like cooking BUT

i have a few quirky provisos:

1. the kitchen must be mine or feel mine (things arranged to my system). if only part of the kitchen is mine, i will only use the parts that are arranged to my system and will not be re-arranged by someone else. i hate hunting for things - it's more efficient to establish a system only once.
    2. the groceries must be bought by me, or according to my list - i like to know at the back of my head exactly what is available in the kitchen before i cook. i hate starting, and then finding out some key ingredient is missing. stocking provisions to me should run like clockwork.

if these two criteria are not fulfilled, i no longer enjoy the cooking experience, and would tend to eat out, or cook something instant or microwaved.

I don't mind cooking itself, but I hate preparing meals - especially timing multiple dishes to be ready at the same time, and multi-tasking between caring for each dish.

So, I generally don't cook much, but I am more of a "food assembler", taking convenient and prepared items and making them into something resembling homemade. Seems more efficient for my time.