Thread: What type does this sound like?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type does this sound like?

A person who other people think is not always very close or friendly, but may be social, funny, and liked by people regardless. Manipulates and keeps people at a distance. Almost always looks serious and does not smile much except when given a good reason. Completely logical about everything, even things that should be seen from an illogical standpoint. Could be nice, sweet to some or seem like an arrogant asshole to others. Can simply look at people and make predictions about their bevahioural patterns, uses it for good or bad purposes like making people laugh, being funny, or outright manipulative. When it comes to making friends, may actually bend or break own values and agree with people without consideration to self, so long as own personal life does not come to light. Tends to give people things they might like while trying to persuade them to his or her point of view, like cigarettes, cigars, or anything that might make them change their mind into a more suitable direction.

What type do you guys think?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that doesn't sound like any particular type to me... there is a focus on Fe. it describes strong Fe and weak Fe, but the strong Fe is messed up.

I dunno, I guess it sounds more like ESTj than any other type.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I actually am ESTj, and that explains why I have this odd Fe focus that otherwise sounds sort of INTp or ENTp.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try it out for a bit
    SEE

Sounds like me when I am feeling sociopathic.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like I said... it doesn't sound like any one type in particular... it sounds a bit broken.

Seriously though, the only way to hope to find your type when you're not a clear cut case is to just try one on for a bit. If it doesn't work, you can rule it out. And I'm talking about weeks (at least), not hours.
    SEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's me, minus the social part..ha

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying out types like wearing a dress - does not sound as a strong intuition, is it?

The type is not everything that is why there are lots of additives which do not help to get a clear picture. If you know how to keep distance in relationships and manipulate people - it must be strong dimension. The first sentence does not sound as if you are an extravert but rather on the opposite. Next few sentenses show you as an intellectual who is not always understood or accepted - your perspective. Few other sentences sound as a strong intuition but may be just understanding people? Next few show you desire to please others.

That is my first impression. What are your favourite colours?
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This is far too vague.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    This is far too vague.
    What do you expect? The Gettyburg Address? lol.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be too vague but ..we still can give it a go.
    This description may well be an attribute of ESTJ type? I think ESTJ and ENFJ are similar in the way they present themselves and I would like to understand better the difference between the two. I am only talking of what my perception is, which may be a limited perspective. My mum is ESTJ. She is very emotional with new people and smily. Everybody thinks she is such a nice person. But at home it is a different picture. She is a bit tired of life now and she is hard to take, always busy doing things around the house and likes to criticise everything and everybody. I would suggest a negative personality development. When she was younger, she was very sociable but never had real friends or really apreciated friendship - weak ? She is critical and judgmental, her ego is very strong, expects bad things to happen (weak ?). The good thing is taht she is cares a lot about people in her way - doing things: washing, ironing and etc. She would like to be a leader, manager or some kind of authority to tell people what to do (strong ). Her favourite colours are purple/violet (always have been), red, peech, salad green, blue.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    This is far too vague.
    What do you expect? The Gettyburg Address? lol.
    I'll analyze what you wrote in fragments.

A person who other people think is not always very close or friendly, but may be social, funny, and liked by people regardless.
    Manipulates and keeps people at a distance. Almost always looks serious and does not smile much except when given a good reason.
    Friendliness is linked to extraversion therefore ESTj is unlikely, however even extraverted types behave in such a manner as well if motivated by emotions if ethical or by lack of affiliation with others if logical. Therefore, this doesn't indicate whether you are an introvert or an extravert. Are you more drawn to objects and the environment or do you draw everything inwards?

Completely logical about everything, even things that should be seen from an illogical standpoint.
    This makes me laugh because it doesn't differentiate logic and ethics, all I see is this: "I am logical". Why are you logical?

Could be nice, sweet to some or seem like an arrogant asshole to others.
    Inter-type relations theory basically answers this meaning you behave nicely with those in your quadra and negative to those that are outside of it. It doesn't really indicate anything unless you notice a consistency to which groups of individuals you are gregarious and which ones you are cold.

Can simply look at people and make predictions about their bevahioural patterns, uses it for good or bad purposes like making people laugh, being funny, or outright manipulative.
    This sounds like to me.

When it comes to making friends, may actually bend or break own values and agree with people without consideration to self, so long as own personal life does not come to light.
    This sounds like what an ethical type would do.

Tends to give people things they might like while trying to persuade them to his or her point of view, like cigarettes, cigars, or anything that might make them change their mind into a more suitable direction.
    Manipulation/brainwashing through generosity? That's a new one.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

person who other people think is not always very close or friendly, but may be social, funny, and liked by people regardless. Manipulates and keeps people at a distance. Almost always looks serious and does not smile much except when given a good reason. Completely logical about everything, even things that should be seen from an illogical standpoint. Could be nice, sweet to some or seem like an arrogant asshole to others. Can simply look at people and make predictions about their bevahioural patterns, uses it for good or bad purposes like making people laugh, being funny, or outright manipulative. When it comes to making friends, may actually bend or break own values and agree with people without consideration to self, so long as own personal life does not come to light. Tends to give people things they might like while trying to persuade them to his or her point of view, like cigarettes, cigars, or anything that might make them change their mind into a more suitable direction.

What type do you guys think?
    That reminds me INTp... Very much in common with my INTp friend.
    ---------
    INFp - The Lyrist - subtype

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely logical about everything, even things that should be seen from an illogical standpoint.
    This makes me laugh because it doesn't differentiate logic and ethics, all I see is this: "I am logical". Why are you logical?
    Well, it is sort of like how I was sitting in Art history class, and the teacher was showing us a slide of a Greekampitheater and said that the anchient Greeks always had cease-fires when fighting wars to play at the Olympic games. And I was like "What the fuck? Just stop fighting all together and duke it out in the damded arena!" And then the next slide was about a piece of Greek artwork somewhere that people claimed is a forgery after paying millions of dollars for it, so I am like again "Idiots! Should have known," and etc. etc. etc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you more drawn to objects and the environment or do you draw everything inwards?
    I tend to focus on external objects, yes ... though, I am not totally sure I don't do a little inwards as well.

I could also be an adult with "Avoidant Personality Disorder" for various reasons I do not feel like discussing.

http://www.tljones.co.uk/apd/apd_default.htm

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Extraversion/introversin

If you have got this sort of disorder in mind, it could be sensitivity and introversion; connection between past and present suggest to me issues with intuition as if painful experiences from the past teach you to be careful and avoidant. Well, ew can say it is not true because intuitive types are more inhibited and careful anyway. Have you always been careful and inhibited?
    Anxiatyand fear as if you see danger everywhere could be also poor intuition. Do other people perceive you as careful and inhibited - what do you think? Or is it just the way you feel inside without actually giving away such impression?

People may get confused but extraversion and introversion for a simple reason: we all are extraverted and introverted at the same time. Drawn to objects - I understand as acquiring knowldege through interaction with the objects/people - external collection of info/CC - Id block -extraversion - stimulates interaction between you and objects. Producing of internal knowledge is less than interaction itself.

Acquiring inforamtion through internal collection of CC- by studying, thinking, reasoning, judging -internal process -stimulates interacton between different parts of conscious, yours and others -introversion. Producing of external knowledge is less than internal interaction.

What you call logic (example with a teacher in the class - does not sound as logic to me but rather judging - giving opinion/ making sense. This is related to but not the same as Ti in abstract general terms. Resoning can be logical in two ways: applied to abstract structure - pure/abstract logic- and applied to everyday issues - "everyday" logic/wisdom.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's dangerous to try to link types with mental illnesses IMO. Yeah, there *can* be a connection and often is, but often isn't... these things make typing very difficult.
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah ... I am unsure what to say.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    It's dangerous to try to link types with mental illnesses IMO. Yeah, there *can* be a connection and often is, but often isn't... these things make typing very difficult.
    Says the one who wanted to have us all believing that ADD was Ne.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...