Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Makeup or no Makeup?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're seriously underestimating guys when it comes to recognizing make-up (I won't comment on fashion or shoes, because I can see that as a weak spot, lol). It's quite obvious that everyone on TV or during a photoshoot is wearing make-up, their skin is almost perfect (no wrinkles) even when they're under strong sunlight and are being looked at from less than 30 cms, unless they're above 60 yo.
    Now if you want to convince yourself that someone who says "I perfer natural" really means something else, by all means do it if that makes you happy, it prolly won't lead to a significantly diverging outcome. Just don't try to think that such opinion is a realistic representation of how people think.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You're seriously underestimating guys when it comes to recognizing make-up (I won't comment on fashion or shoes, because I can see that as a weak spot, lol). It's quite obvious that everyone on TV or during a photoshoot is wearing make-up, their skin is almost perfect (no wrinkles) even when they're under strong sunlight and are being looked at from less than 30 cms, unless they're above 60 yo.
    Now if you want to convince yourself that someone who says "I perfer natural" really means something else, by all means do it if that makes you happy, it prolly won't lead to a significantly diverging outcome. Just don't try to think that such opinion is a realistic representation of how people think.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Park; 08-07-2011 at 07:02 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

makeup is a lot like socionics and economics. a tiny minority of people can use it improve their results and you're statistically probably not in it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    You're still only talking about foundation, and lots of foundation at that (that's the only way to cover wrinkles, afaik...). Would you notice if a woman was wearing a non-shimmer blush, lip stain and clear mascara?
    If I didn't know her, I would likely not notice the blush and maybe the lip stain...mascara is very noticeable. If I knew her I would probably notice, but it's not like make-up is bad...I just think it's rather uninfluential esp. with a guy you see multiple times.

Anyway the point I was trying to make is that completely unblemished skin isn't obviously taken as a signature of "wowww she's perfect" unless the woman-girl is below 18...maybe some males really don't recognize make-up but I don't think they're necessarily a strong majority.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    makeup is a lot like socionics and economics. a tiny minority of people can use it improve their results and you're statistically probably not in it.
    What an and thing to say. Way to turn a thread about makeup into something about how clueless most people are.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Parkster

She's EIE
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    What an and thing to say. Way to turn a thread about makeup into something about how clueless most people are.
    I kind of liked the quote.....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think more important than makeup vs no makeup is whether the person has developed an aesthetic. I really appreciate a woman who puts effort into her appearance, likes clothes, shoes etc. There is no shame in looking good(who doesnt love a good atmosphere and attractive community) and woman who develops a full aesthetic will do her makeup just fine no matter the amount or type.
    asd

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post

Likewise. Classic LII.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow82 View Post
    But yeah, my point being, it doesn't seem to matter how nice I look, I seem to attract a million and one guys anyways. . . so yeah. What DOES attract a man enough to ask a girl out in the store?

I'm curious. . . because I have seriously looked BAD sometimes when asked out. . . I'm not even wearing contacts and I have my "nerdy" glasses on. . . it doesn't make sense to me. . .
    Do you dress like a slut on a daily basis? That usually attracts guys. Especially if your tits are popping out of your shirt or your skirt is too short to cover your vajayjay.
    Haha, this is exactly what i was going to ask after reading the OP! (well using more civilized terms but same idea).

But yellow82 since you answered that with "no" (and granted sometimes people are a little oblivious to how provocatively they might be dressed), it might be the way you carry yourself. Guys asking women out in the grocery store, at first sight, in my mind are honing in on a potentially easy target (even if you aren't, you might unintentionally be coming across that way), and if it's happening with such regularity (twice every time you go out in public!!) that is most likely why. Maybe you are giving them "come hither" stares without realizing it, for example.

I'm not saying you're not attractive, yellow82. I'm sure you are, but for example if your face and body language spoke "don't you dare!" or "i'm picky" or "I'm better than you" or "you gotta prove yourself" guys would not be approaching you, no matter how beautiful you might be. Not at first sight like that, with such ease.

I'm also not saying you should change that about yourself, because it's good to be approachable. Your duals need you to be approachable. My point is, just be cautious about guys asking you out like that. They might just be looking for a fling. It's more their problem than anything being wrong with you.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. . . you're probably right. I am just about the friendliest person you could ever care to meet (in person). Online, I tend to be a bit more opinionated. Muwhahaha.

I've always considered such small talk as simply friendly. If the guy doesn't mention going out, or getting my number, or seeing me again somewhere (and even that I don't always consider flirting), and we're just having a good time talking chit-chat I see no "flirting" in that at all. . . although some girls I know do.

It is a good thing for my duals. I'll often attract LII's. However, considering that my standards are high I usually turn most men I meet down.

My motto is "never go out with a man that is not on your level physically, mentally and spiritually."

And considering everything, the men that make it through my "screening" are extremely rare. . .

So while I may appear friendly/flirty, I have standards that must be met, and they're higher then most women that I know.

I will admit though, (guilty pleasure), I enjoy trying new ways of talking to men just to see their reactions. . . it's like conducting an experiment on human behavior. It's quite fascinating! There, that's my curious ENTp side coming out.

Haha. . . I in fact have an ENTp guy friend that helps me come up with the ideas! We conduct "experiments" on people all the time. . . don't worry, no humans we're ever harmed in our experiments, it was simply in the name of "curiosity". Kind of like Hodgens on Bones. . . gotta love that guy!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    It is a good thing for my duals. I'll often attract LII's. However, considering that my standards are high I usually turn most men I meet down.

My motto is "never go out with a man that is not on your level physically, mentally and spiritually."

And considering everything, the men that make it through my "screening" are extremely rare. . .

So while I may appear friendly/flirty, I have standards that must be met, and they're higher then most women that I know.
    What is this "level" you speak of?
    She only goes out with guys that have makeup
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, could you give us your measurements?

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    She only goes out with guys that have makeup

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Yeah, could you give us your measurements?
    5'10" and 36-29-34.

Can we still be friends anyway, Parkster?
    CiLi, Parkster is 5'11 and 35-28-33.... He never goes out with a woman that is not on his level physically... you can fake it until you make it.. like you can put on some make up and high heels.

Even to be his friend you need to be at least equal to him. that means you have to grow one more inch to be his friend.

I mean... you can be my friend tho...
    Last edited by 07490; 08-08-2011 at 03:41 AM.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry. I can see how that was confusing. . .

What I mean is, I would never go out with a handicapped dude. . . (unless it was after we got together and something tragic happened, and I loved him. . . I'd stay with him then.)

And I'd never go out with someone I didn't feel any physical attraction towards. Or a guy that is fat. . .

That's what I mean by being on the same physical level as I am. I'm not handicapped, I'm attractive, and I'm not fat. I expect the same from a guy I go out with.

On the mental level. . . I would never go out with anyone "dumber" then I am, and I want them to be ambitious, (going towards a goal). They don't have to be going to college, though I would prefer it, since I am. . .

On the spiritual level, I'm a very conservative Christian. I want a man that is a reasonably conservative Christian with high standards of morality. . . for example: I'm a virgin, I want to marry a virgin as well. . . it's only fair.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I put on lots and lots of makeup wherever I go.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol yellow you are like the walking stereotype of Jung's description of

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you?

You're right though. . . I realized that quite a long time ago.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I mean is, I would never go out with a handicapped dude. . . (unless it was after we got together and something tragic happened, and I loved him. . . I'd stay with him then.)
    What if you were handicapped? Would you only date other handicapped people?

I can understand wanting someone on your level mentally and spiritually. Physical, too, but to a point. Sure, you want someone who's healthy. But who's to say a handicapped person can't be otherwise healthy? Would you ever allow yourself to try dating a capable blind man, for instance?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I most likely wouldn't date if I was handicapped. . .

A capable blind man? I've never seen such a thing. . . but maybe. . . by handicapped I mean someone who can no longer walk/work. So, for all those who are thinking, "hearing loss" or something of the like, I really don't define that as handicapped. . .

Handicapped to me is when you can no longer function without the help of others. Although I could be very close friends to someone like that, I wouldn't feel a desire to marry one. . .

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reality will be fun.

It is. Each and every day. Life is an adventure.

I've known friends of mine that have said: "I want to be you! Your life sounds like so much fun!"

Technically, my life has been "different". But most of it's been a nightmare of a roller coaster ride. . . I could give details, but it would be an awful long story. . . so only if someone asked. . .

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I'd never go out with someone I didn't feel any physical attraction towards. Or a guy that is fat. . .

That's what I mean by being on the same physical level as I am. I'm not handicapped, I'm attractive, and I'm not fat. I expect the same from a guy I go out with.

On the mental level. . . I would never go out with anyone "dumber" then I am, and I want them to be ambitious, (going towards a goal). They don't have to be going to college, though I would prefer it, since I am. . .

On the spiritual level, I'm a very conservative Christian. I want a man that is a reasonably conservative Christian with high standards of morality. . . for example: I'm a virgin, I want to marry a virgin as well. . . it's only fair.
    Reality will be fun.
    lmao
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wouldn't date someone who's stupid. I might date someone who's fat.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Final confirmation that I'm Ti.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    Final confirmation that I'm Ti.
    Ti what ?

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post

Likewise. Classic LII.
    I did too. I was secretly laughing inside.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry. I can see how that was confusing. . .

Hey, I might know a guy who fits the bill.

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I know more then one. . . but according to a lot of other people I know that don't hang out with my groups of close friends, they seem to be considered a "rare breed" of man.

It's nice that you know one.

I've often gotten: "you are the first person I've met even remotely like that."

It's a bit discouraging when you go to college and you might know a few guys that are like that, but they're 20 years older, or ugly, or married. . . etc. etc. etc. . .

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    With make-up, definitely.

No offense but the reason why men and other women invented make-up for women is because they just look uglier w/o make-up them men do. Idk what it is but they do.

A woman w/o make-up, 9 times out of 10 they just look tired and washed-out and blah. But the right make-up and they look so pretty again.

Women and make-up just goes together. They don't have to over-do it or spend a fortune though. But yeah, a bit of blush and lip gloss & eye shadow goes a looooong way w/ my mom and sister.

One could argue that they should be subtle and natural with it, but even if they aren't- I don't see what the big deal is.

I think campy/'over-blown' make up is actually very attractive, so maybe I'm in the minority with that one.

bullshit

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

band's talk reflects well the spread misogyny of the world, girls be objects that need to be cute at all occasions to satisfy a man's gaze.

girls, women look absolutely ok, normal, they are who they are, without makeup, yet they need to be pimped up all the time to be labeled "nice", it's not uncommon to think like this because it's literally what we're bombarded with, and beauty too is not just an innate thing but built by behaviors and social standards too... so yes, we live in a male chauvinist world, sad.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there are a lot of people of either gender who do like to know how another truly looks without any make up on. Imagine waking up beside someone and being in shock at how they really look with that makeup rubbed off on that pillowcase.
    Better to appreciate true beauty, inner beauty and on a seperate note the beauty that can be created for various reasons.

If we think that life will be easier because we are more attractive (when we have makeup on or in general), then this kind of thinking goes beyond appearance. What we get to experience with that mindset is just something to live through and debunk (or not).

Someone who thinks that they are more honest or something if they don't have makeup on and expect to be recognized as such, does not differ from someone who wears makeup for a certain goal.
    I think that many people who prefer a natural look actually seek unconditioned spontaneity and crispness, which do not have much to do with whether a person likes makeup or not.
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 08-09-2020 at 11:45 AM.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    band's talk reflects well the spread misogyny of the world, girls be objects that need to be cute at all occasions to satisfy a man's gaze.

girls, women look absolutely ok, normal, they are who they are, without makeup, yet they need to be pimped up all the time to be labeled "nice", it's not uncommon to think like this because it's literally what we're bombarded with, and beauty too is not just an innate thing but built by behaviors and social standards too... so yes, we live in a male chauvinist world, sad.
    I agree that there's a cultural pressure to wear makeup but I wouldn't blame men. I've seen more opinions from them that women spend too much time perfecting their look or using too strong makeup than the other way around. More probable reasons are advertising, competition and image promoted by media. All these cosmetics ads, women-oriented sites that focus on showing latest trends in fashion, discussions on forums for women about how to improve your look. It makes women think that they're bad at being a woman if they don't follow these popular trends. They get interested in this topic and continue the trend, passing it to next generations. There are no men in this process.

Aesthetically I like either subtle makeup on women or not at all. Many of them put too much on their face and it looks like a mask, like something artificial and not a real person, it's unattractive for me. I also doubt all these chemicals are good for skin. I like people who don't waste their time and money to fit in some dumb trends and only do what's truly good for them or what they enjoy. I doubt any woman would say "I like that feeling when an epilator removes my hair, I prefer it over watching a movie, I can't wait for my hair to grow back so I can repeat it!". My message to everyone is: please do what you like, be an individual who doesn't follow everything mindlessly like a sheep, there are people who really appreciate it.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i agree 100%, and it's true that it's especially women to perpetrate these behaviors, and the whole pop culture is about the cheerleader chickens team that is always blond and perfect and shaved everywhere and wears mini skirts and if youre not like them then ure not a real woman because women gotta be dancing chickens that shave everyday and talk bad about each others behind one's back

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Synchrony View Post
    I look alright without makeup. No major skin issues so no need for foundation. My facial features are fairly prominent so I do minimal contouring. I use it to add color to my face. My makeup skills are quite amateurish.

I would say my face is above average...not near the top but enough so that random strangers will comment on it in public. Makeup just amps up my face. I have had some women express insecurity when I choose to wear it so I get self-conscious whether or not I wear it.
    Me, too.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No makeup. I iz lazy.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer the look of no makeup.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    So yeah, being a nerd makes you approachable. So does being pretty. But being idk, too much in the middle....there might be this shield around you, that tells guys you don't want to be bothered. At least that's how it feels objectively. And men are very visual, and we make a lot of decisions based on how things appear (for better or for worse xP)
    This seems true IME too

they probably think “this normie wouldn’t want my d”

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the above works the opposite way too: in that if you do normie light average makeup, you probably really are busier and it’s a typical day. But if you’re either not wearing makeup or wearing a lot, it’s more likely some special occasion or you’re more open to random things entering your life and it unconsciously shows too or something like that.

It might also have something to do with confidence that gets projected, or is implied with either none or a lot of makeup

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast