Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Makeup or no Makeup?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear it out on dates or to dinner. Most days I do not wear make-up.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer women not wear makeup. It makes it more difficult to read expressions.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I prefer women not wear makeup. It makes it more difficult to read expressions.
    How does make up make it harder to see expressions????

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, makeup can make an average-looking girl look stunning. I've seen arguments from men's rights activist types online saying this is some sort of deception on them.

I think a woman without makeup can obviously look beautiful. But why not use makeup?

It seems to me as just another accessory when trying to make a fashion statement.

I'm weird though I think good attire can be more beautiful than a nude body.

I feel the same about makeup versus a nude face.

If it's more beautiful then why not do it?

Although I get if you have to put makeup on every day, that would get annoying.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    To me, makeup can make an average-looking girl look stunning. I've seen arguments from men's rights activist types online saying this is some sort of deception on them.

I think a woman without makeup can obviously look beautiful. But why not use makeup?

It seems to me as just another accessory when trying to make a fashion statement.

I'm weird though I think good attire can be more beautiful than a nude body.

I feel the same about makeup versus a nude face.

If it's more beautiful then why not do it?

Although I get if you have to put makeup on every day, that would get annoying.
    My ESE mom puts make-up on everyday. It's just routine to her...not annoying.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    He's just blinded by the beauty of it.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some girls look better with makeup, some don't. I'd say if you look attractive (as in average or slightly above average) before makeup, do that. If not, makeup could probably make an improvement. That's just my experience of what seems better

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If people don’t like makeup, there is no issue with that. Full-face, half beat, „natural“ Make-up I don’t care. Do you boo! Rock what makes you feel the most confident! Just don’t go and rain on anybody’s Parade.

I still remember this girl in Highschool. She was a classmate and a friends frenemy and my friend told me that supposedly she didn’t like my eye liner and it was ugly. I don’t why she told me that but I was not happy. She didn’t wear much makeup anyway so I didn’t know why she was so offended by my Make-up use. Guess what the girl came wearing the next day? She wore eyeliner exactly like mine.

Like….girl you don’t have to put me down and get jelly to bring yourself up. Especially over something that washes off.

I read on AITA on Reddit that this husband was upset that his wife didn’t wear any makeup. She doesn’t like it and doesn’t want to wear it. Power to her! You do you boo! Shine like you! She didn’t wear any makeup on her wedding day and he husband admitted he didn’t like the photos. He got in an argument with her about wanting her to „at least wear some concealer“ and learn how to do make up a bit. Like YOU ARE THE ASSHOLE BRO.
    You married her and her amazing self Just the way she is. Don’t you dare get high and mighty about Make-up with your beautiful wife. /rant over.

You can’t win as a women!

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some men will say they prefer no make up, natural modest look. Just see them how they react when you wear make up or how they look at other woman who wears them, they love it.

Some women look very different without make up, so they might not want to be deceived. You cannot always live in fear guys.

Some men don't feel confident enough to approach a woman who is ok with looking a bit more outstandish.

Some men think women who wear no make up are more natural and honest in terms of character, I wish them good luck.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post

Some women look very different without make up, so they might not want to be deceived. You cannot always live in fear.
    I had a coworker at my first job thought I was a different person when I wore makeup. He was in his 40’s and he told me about that and thought I was new sometimes. Like Bro…I was extremely confused because I don’t look THAT different when I wear makeup. I have a lot of space of my eyelids so if I wear a darker colour eyeshadow or a thick eyeliner, it will easily show. I still look like me. It’s not like I am wearing a wig and looking like a different person. I just wonder sometimes….

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had a coworker at my first job thought I was a different person when I wore makeup. He was in his 40’s and he told me about that and thought I was new sometimes. Like Bro…I was extremely confused because I don’t look THAT different when I wear makeup. I have a lot of space of my eyelids so if I wear a darker colour eyeshadow or a thick eyeliner, it will easily show. I still look like me. It’s not like I am wearing a wig and looking like a different person. I just wonder sometimes….
    Men are pretty superficial, and are definitely "looks" oriented.
    @MissDucki, I thought that your picture without makeup made you look honest and dependable, and your picture with makeup made you look fun and exciting.

So, Yeah, different people. Lol.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Men are pretty superficial, and are definitely "looks" oriented.

I thought that your picture without makeup made you look honest and dependable, and your picture with makeup made you look fun and exciting.

So, Yeah, different people. Lol.
    Yeah and both of those people are still MissDucki Honest, dependable, fun, and exciting

Though I am surprised people view me differently when I wear makeup vs less makeup. Men seem less intimidated when I wear a lot less. Makes me want to wear more and see who really wants to approach me lol

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah and both of those people are still MissDucki Honest, dependable, fun, and exciting

Though I am surprised people view me differently when I wear makeup vs less makeup. Men seem less intimidated when I wear a lot less. Makes me want to wear more and see who really wants to approach me lol
    Personally, I'd approach Makeup You more readily than Non-Makeup You, but I'm not an ILE.

I think you look a lot like an ESI Dual when you wear makeup, and I'd probably not notice you at all without makeup.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This explains what does he focus, he sees your general image rather than seeing you. I have seen your pics with and without makeup, you don't seem like another person.

I think some men enjoy pointing out how woman can seem different. For example, Olivia Wilde is gorgeous, however, there are photos of her on the internet without make up and those photos are not appealing in general. I don't think she looks bad without makeup, I just think those photos were bad, we can all have photos that make us look bad with or without make up. But they will be like a-ha I knew she wasn't gorgeous.. What can I say, if you need to believe that in order to boost your ego, go on and believe in it.

At college, when we pulled an all nighter or when we had a hangover, some guy friends asked me for my concealer. We all seem more smooth and more fresh with make up.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perceptions and makeup are funny. I have long and black curled eyelashes, sometimes they do 360° the little shits, lol. Just a dash of mascara makes for a dramatic look, mostly if I do bottom lashes, gawd those look so unreal it scares me a little.
    Similar with how colors affect perception, pink looks soft and gentle, red give an edgy intense look...
    I like red eye shadow for some reason but would never wear it, I know I'd flip anytime I cross a mirror.
    One thing makeup helps do is put emphasis where you want to, or away from where you don't want. Some people are more sensitive to this emphasis than others. I look away, some focus even more, some don't react at all.
    Presentation is indeed something that creates a reaction in people, and make up tends to create a reaction based on a moment, the whole gets to the back scene in favor of the current setting of features and there's no way to tell what it will spark in general. More or less so generaly in a given context, at a fancy dinner, no makeup could be met with indignation or envy, probably even both. There's so many little settings to consider to have the desired effect, and the desired effect might clash with the original intent.

What I mean is whatever you do, some will like it, some won't. Don't make yourself sick with this, I've done it already and it's only a shitfest of frustration and failure as it's impossible to get it right.
    So whatever.

That's too many words to just say "whatever", lol.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s like a mask.

The concept of makeup creeps me out slightly. It always looks unnatural to me, and I’ve never understood why some people think it makes women look better. Besides, any woman who isn’t very fat or old just has to smile and seem relaxed to seem attractive, and that’s probably cheaper than makeup. As I said, I prefer women not wear any, but confidence makes anything work.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some men will say they prefer no make up, natural modest look. Just see them how they react when you wear make up or how they look at other woman who wears them, they love it.

Some women look very different without make up, so they might not want to be deceived. You cannot always live in fear guys.

Some men don't feel confident enough to approach a woman who is ok with looking a bit more outstandish.

Some men think women who wear no make up are more natural and honest in terms of character, I wish them good luck.
    My last girlfriend usually didn’t wear any makeup. I preferred her not to. As I’ve said, I just don’t like makeup. It doesn’t look right or attractive to me and makes it more difficult to read someone.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My last girlfriend usually didn’t wear any makeup. I preferred her not to. As I’ve said, I just don’t like makeup. It doesn’t look right or attractive to me and makes it more difficult to read someone.
    I know some men say that, I have met with men like that, some actually chose a partner that wears no makeup. However, they seemed more attracted when women wore makeup, some may prefer natural makeup in daily life etc, however, the affect of makeup on them was apparent. I haven't seen an exception in this regard.

I have no idea how makeup makes it more difficult to read someone, I think you are the only person who thinks like that. It is not a botox or a solid concrete mask.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some men say that, I have met with men like that, some actually chose a partner that wears no makeup. However, they seemed more attracted when women wore makeup, some may prefer natural makeup in daily life etc, however, the affect of makeup on them was apparent. I haven't seen an exception in this regard.

I have no idea how makeup makes it more difficult to read someone, I think you are the only person who thinks like that. It is not a botox or a solid concrete mask.
    Well, now you know one.

As @fairygodfather said, makeup can make someone more interesting to look at. It’s flashy. But that isn’t the same as making someone look prettier. That may be why it seems to turn men’s heads — no one would say a car accident is attractive, but people feel compelled to look at one anyway, since it’s so out of the ordinary. That’s the same principle with makeup.

That reminds me: I used to know a girl who wore heavy makeup. One day I saw her without any, and saw the reason she wore so much was that she had acne scars (and a lot of extant acne) dotting every part of her face. I felt much more strongly attracted to her when she wasn’t wearing the makeup, and felt sorry for her that she felt she needed to hide her natural face.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s like a mask.

The concept of makeup creeps me out slightly. It always looks unnatural to me, and I’ve never understood why some people think it makes women look better. Besides, any woman who isn’t very fat or old just has to smile and seem relaxed to seem attractive, and that’s probably cheaper than makeup. As I said, I prefer women not wear any, but confidence makes anything work.
    If you honestly don’t like it when a women wears make-up, there is nothing wrong with that. You don’t need to justify that. Though I still don’t understand how you can’t read expressions to be honest. Like I am just as emotive with or without my makeup. If anything, you probably see it more because you can see the colour of my lips, the crinkle of my eyes with the eyeshadow, and the way I move my filled in brows. I’m not stoned cold lol. Like my face is still there. I find it funny when men call it a mask when a lot of them would be surprised that a lot of „natural“ women are actually wearing just as much makeup as me when I am done up with bright colours. Just they think it is subtle. Even if you touch my face when I am wearing less, you wouldn’t even tell that I am wearing it.

if you don’t like it, Theres nothing wrong with that. Just some eyeshadow and red lipstick isn’t really going to stop me from smiling or changing my expressions

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, now you know one.
    I don't think you can get real and truthful about these issues.

As @fairygodfather said, makeup can make someone more interesting to look at. It’s flashy. But that isn’t the same as making someone look prettier. That may be why it seems to turn men’s heads — no one would say a car accident is attractive, but people feel compelled to look at one anyway, since it’s so out of the ordinary. That’s the same principle with makeup.
    I can understand if people have different tastes, they don't have to find pretty every style, men will like no makeup makeup though.

That reminds me: I used to know a girl who wore heavy makeup. One day I saw her without any, and saw the reason she wore so much was that she had acne scars (and a lot of extant acne) dotting every part of her face. I felt much more strongly attracted to her when she wasn’t wearing the makeup, and felt sorry for her that she felt she needed to hide her natural face.
    So you get attracted to her because you pitied her, I don't get you.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you can get real and truthful about these issues.

I can understand if people have different tastes, they don't have to find pretty every style, men will like no makeup makeup though.

So you get attracted to her because you pitied her, I don't get you.
    I wasn’t attracted to her because I pitied her. I thought her natural face looked prettier. I pitied her because she felt she had to hide it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s like a mask.

Interesting. I actually am less expressive wearing makeup. I don't want to mess it up and it makes me act off and stiff. It's as if I become conscious of it, more so than anything else.
    Not that I'm very expressive to begin with, but there's a noticeable difference still.

Don't misrepresent what I said. Glamorous and edgy =/= flashy. Comparing makeup to a car accident is completely absurd.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are different kinds of attraction.

Makeup is attractive because it makes a woman look like a sex object. Natural beauty is attractive in the sense that it's more wholesome—the woman seems purer, more innocent, and better suited for long-term relationships. Is that a sexist attitude? You decide.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    yup.

there's also a psychological component;

i heard a story about Kobe Bryant's teammate dragging Kobe out to the club (Kobe NEVER parties).

apparently there were a group of girls that were indifferent and deadpan at the club.

when they saw Kobe walk in, they all went to the women's room , all coming out dolled up, excited; completely different people lol

it's the "desire" to look / be at their best; that's what makeup may signify on a psychological level
    I definitely agree to psychological component of it. I think fishnet stockings are sexier than other stockings because we think they are more hot and a person who wears it more prone to show their own sex appeal.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    There are different kinds of attraction.

Makeup is attractive because it makes a woman look like a sex object.
    Sex object.. what kind of a make up are you talking about

We see in media some kind of a look and makeup is an easy way to get closer to it. It can hide tired eyes, imperfections or make an emphasis of a woman's beauty.

Besides, it is not only about attracting opposite gender, women who wear no makeup at work, seem less proper. Because there is a notion out there, that you seem less proper when you are without it, people get affected by it. It is like wearing a suit. Women can also wear when there are only women out there, it is about image and presentation and the impact of it.

Natural beauty is attractive in the sense that it's more wholesome—the woman seems purer, more innocent, and better suited for long-term relationships. Is that a sexist attitude? You decide.
    Sure this is also an sexist attitude, this natural beauty look is another kind of image, representation of a female archetype. I can see why men or women would like that. However, in order to perfect this look, one can do no makeup makeup and look better than no makeup.

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't wear make up.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides, it is not only about attracting opposite gender, women who wear no makeup at work, seem less proper. Because there is a notion out there, that you seem less proper when you are without it, people get affected by it. It is like wearing a suit. Women can also wear when there are only women out there, it is about image and presentation and the impact of it.
    Hm, that's really interesting! I had no idea that wearing makeup is considered more "formal", similar to wearing a suit. I just assumed that most women use it because it's a habit, similar to drinking coffee instead of tea.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sure they were attracted and not just their attention was grabbed? Makeup makes a person more visible, something like a siren but for the eyes, I may sometimes glare at someone because I see something unusual in their looks but that doesn't mean attraction, or in some cases it's like looking at expensive cars, esthetically pleasing but nothing more. Actually it covers this human element, makes a person more artificial (I mean automatic sensory impressions, not that I think of them as artificial).

For me also makeup makes people harder to read, it's more about subtle emotions, condition of a person and general vibes. Makeup can hide things like tiredness, blushing etc., again makes them less human in some way that's difficult to explain.

Once I was on a wedding and I tried to VI someone sitting near. My first impression was ESI but something seemed off. She appeared too cold and unconfident in her body for this type but I didn't have any better idea. On the next day I saw her without makeup (or very subtle one, idc) and immediately recognized her as LII. Makeup completely hidden this, idk how to call it, childish softness LIIs have (not the best description, Si is hard to put into words, sorry). So it changes perception a lot, or just my VI methods are shitty.

Personal preferences is one thing, but I also have problems to accept things like this on some broader societal level. Men are not expected to do as much as women with their looks and it's a huge advantage. They on average spend less time and money on their looks and can focus more on other things in life. They aren't told whole life that their looks are important so they have less psychological problems related to it. Men are less likely to have anorexia, it's almost always women who say they have problems in bed because they don't feel attractive, it's crazy. And it must be said that every woman cultivating these societal expectations by adhering to them is partly responsible for this problem.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    You sure they were attracted and not just their attention was grabbed? Makeup makes a person more visible, something like a siren but for the eyes, I may sometimes glare at someone because I see something unusual in their looks but that doesn't mean attraction, or in some cases it's like looking at expensive cars, esthetically pleasing but nothing more. Actually it covers this human element, makes a person more artificial (I mean automatic sensory impressions, not that I think of them as artificial).
    If I say I am sure if someone is attracted, then it means it is a very apparent thing, otherwise, I couldn't be sure In some cases, these men also said some stuff directly and indirectly that shows their attraction. They were generally into no makeup makeup look or more natural makeup look. I don't know what you guys imagine when you picture a woman with makeup, they can look natural. If it is a more heavy makeup with dark eyes, etc, they can again look again better. Everyone has their own taste, if a woman puts a makeup in a way that suits a man's taste, then their attraction is very visible.

For me also makeup makes people harder to read, it's more about subtle emotions, condition of a person and general vibes. Makeup can hide things like tiredness, blushing etc., again makes them less human in some way that's difficult to explain.
    Hiding tiredness and blushing seems good to me.

Once I was on a wedding and I tried to VI someone sitting near. My first impression was ESI but something seemed off. She appeared too cold and unconfident in her body for this type but I didn't have any better idea. On the next day I saw her without makeup (or very subtle one, idc) and immediately recognized her as LII. Makeup completely hidden this, idk how to call it, childish softness LIIs have (not the best description, Si is hard to put into words, sorry). So it changes perception a lot, or just my VI methods are shitty.
    VI'ing someone is hard job with or without makeup. Anyone can guess it wrong at first.

Personal preferences is one thing, but I also have problems to accept things like this on some broader societal level. Men are not expected to do as much as women with their looks and it's a huge advantage. They on average spend less time and money on their looks and can focus more on other things in life. They aren't told whole life that their looks are important so they have less psychological problems related to it. Men are less likely to have anorexia, it's almost always women who say they have problems in bed because they don't feel attractive, it's crazy.
    Agreed to all. I think society start to get more demanded towards guys in this aspect though, ofcourse it is nothing in comparison.

And it must be said that every woman cultivating these societal expectations by adhering to them is partly responsible for this problem.
    I definitely do not agree to this. Because even people deny this, this affects people's subconcious and their reaction, behavior. When we choose any kind of attire, we also choose it according to this collective knowledge and where we fit ourselves in it. One person may not choose bright colors because they know how people react that they will get more attention etc because of this and another person may choose it because of same reasons. When you look at people, you can define their style because of this such as: punk, hobo, formal, etc. People can do this stuff subconsciously.

Besides, makeup isn't only based on societal expectation. Red lips are more desirable because it is an indication of good health and arousal, some of this stuff that cause attraction is in our genetics.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that makeup, like hair styles, can alter a person's appearance towards some desired effect.

Makeup can make a woman look smarter and more worldly, or sexier, or more wholesome. It is a way to emphasize some features and de-emphasize others.

Sort of the way that some forms of clothing can make a woman look more naked than when she is naked. Lol.

I didn't really appreciate this emphasis factor until I watched women come into a hair salon and then watched them as they left. They looked completely different.
    I asked the hair stylist how he did it, and he said that he just looked for the natural beauty in every woman's face, and cut her hair to emphasize it.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear foundation, concealer, mascara, and lipstick most days if I plan on leaving the house. Otherwise I just wear moisturizer if I’m going to be home. I add eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush, and bronzer for fancier occasions . I used to wear it all everyday, but as I’ve gotten older, I’ve quit. Self care started to decline around the time I started to experience lower moods, so prob related to that, and I just got used to it.

imo most people look better with a little bit of make up…too little makes me think they don’t give much of a shit and too much makes me think they give too much of a shit lol. Really though I think it depends on the occasion and the person.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah and beards change the face of the guy too. If a guy doesn’t like his bone structure and can grow a bread, he can hide that. That changes his face. That „masks“ his true bone structure. Same when a man wears glasses and a suit compared to regular clothes. Let’s throw hair cut into what. What is a guy is wearing platforms, is he concealing his „true height“?

I honestly don’t like it when a guy approaches me bare face. It would seem like a compliment but, I side eye it. Simply because it seems men approach me more bare faces because I’m more „easier to approach“ aka they feel it will be easier to win my affections. I look good with or without my dang makeup. But if a guy can’t approach me done up then that shows his true feeling IMO. I don’t want that. It shows some icky masculinity crap IMO and that whore and Madonna complex I don’t like. Bro, no.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only time I'd prefer a woman with make-up is if it's short-term and she goes from attractive with it on to unattractive without, otherwise long-term I'd only be with a girl I liked without make-up on in the first place.

Makeup and beards are cool for variety. I think that makeup used to make me sleepy?

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if it's the culture or what but most women (in my age group) where I come from don't wear makeup unless it's some special occasion (at least that's what I see). And people who wear makeup when it's not that, usually stand out a lot more. Them standing out to me isn't really negative or positive, it's just different.

I've actually heard women talk about other women who don't wear makeup to fancy restaurants and stuff (it was in a joking kind of way but also kinda serious). They were trying to get their friends who don't wear makeup to do it on special occasions because apparently they looked like a kid in the restaurants with adults. This really shocked me because I didn't know the makeup thing was like a requirement sometimes. I didn't know it made people look more put together.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant to respond to this earlier:

Sure this is also an sexist attitude, this natural beauty look is another kind of image, representation of a female archetype.
    Yes, the sum of possible archetypes ought to encompass more than the Madonna-whore complex (which MissDucki already mentioned). Those who make absolute distinctions between love and sex tend to be incredibly stuffy people who hate fun, and IMO are extremely depressing to listen to.

With that out of the way and to answer the OP: lots of guys don't notice makeup most of the time. Except for really dark or unusual colours of lipstick and eyeliner, I certainly don't.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the sum of possible archetypes ought to encompass more than the Madonna-whore complex (which MissDucki already mentioned). Those who make absolute distinctions between love and sex tend to be incredibly stuffy people who hate fun, and IMO are extremely depressing to listen to.
    Agreed.

Uhm, you mentioned sex again and this is a makeup thread I just want to point out that makeup or in general having, attaining a desirable look has nothing to do with sexual promiscuity. Through time, men and women always want to look desirable even in the periods that they don't have sex, although subconsciously and partially it may be about sex. Same goes for animals as well.

Most women don't want to have that more purer, innocent archetype nowdays, because generally women don't want men who are attracted to them because they are easy. It is a form of cowardice and crab mentality.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we focus too much on the bang and spark of physical wonders rather than molten lava passions and the fire in Your eyes from roses and glamour from the stellar Soul chasm of mountaintop ballet and art in the theater of dreaming and thinking.

I prefer a gaze on internal, pulsing, wishful states of happiness and joy more so than artificial appearances.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast