Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Makeup or no Makeup?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Uhm, you mentioned sex again and this is a makeup thread I just want to point out that makeup or in general having, attaining a desirable look has nothing to do with sexual promiscuity.
    Oh, I fully agree that wearing makeup isn't intrinsically related to sex. Whether or not it is related under some circumstances, it's obviously not the case overall.

I only brought up sex because we were discussing men's perception. For whatever reason (I'll let you use your imagination), a recurring conclusion among some men is that wearing makeup is related to sexual signalling. Obviously, these are men who could stand to develop a more complete theory of mind.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Oh, I fully agree that wearing makeup isn't intrinsically related to sex. Whether or not it is related under some circumstances, it's obviously not the case overall.

I only brought up sex because we were discussing men's perception. For whatever reason (I'll let you use your imagination), a recurring conclusion among some men is that wearing makeup is related to sexual signalling. Obviously, these are men who could stand to develop a more complete theory of mind.
    Yeh it doesn't have anything to do with sexual promiscuity. What it does do, it make them look more sexually desirable to men. And even to themselves, this looks better. Some men prefer no makeup, but what men are these? Butt men? Breast men? Who knows? They still noticed her makeup first..

Also the mate takes care of herself, she puts on makeup. She cares.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makeup is a heavily sought out thing in women’s prison. Like, women will literally make cosmetics out of coffee, Vaseline and Food so she can put it on. Like, why would a women do that while in their jail? Cause they want to feel like themselves and put together.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Makeup is a heavily sought out thing in women’s prison. Like, women will literally make cosmetics out of coffee, Vaseline and Food so she can put it on. Like, why would a women do that while in their jail? Cause they want to feel like themselves and put together.
    @MissDucki, this is instructive. It implies that makeup is done to make a woman feel better in relationship to other women, and has very little to do with men.

It makes me think about the ways that men will compete with each other when there are no women around. The level of raunchiness and violence is higher in an all-male group. If even one female is introduced into the group, the men start acting much more civilized.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post

It is just makeup lol. Lots of women do it, it is like making your hair done or putting a perfume. I am not familiar with the male perspective you are talking about, in my perspective, it actually provides to get more respect in work settings or some spesific settings, which is also rubbish in some aspects, but it does that.

Men who takes care about his apperance also generally approached better by others, women don't think they are a man whore or more prone to be sexual promiscuous than others.

These things are indicators that person cares and puts an effort for themselves in a way that others can see. Which is not only desirable in terms of appearance but for other areas as well.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @MissDucki, this is instructive. It implies that makeup is done to make a woman feel better in relationship to other women, and has very little to do with men.

It makes me think about the ways that men will compete with each other when there are no women around. The level of raunchiness and violence is higher in an all-male group. If even one female is introduced into the group, the men start acting much more civilized.
    If Make-up was always done for men, it wouldn’t be sought after in a women’s prison where the is no „man“ to impress. This is also assuming the women are straight. There are lots of lesbian women who wear and enjoy makeup too and it’s not Just for men. I like to look pretty for my friend too

Heres the thing too, most cosmetic companies have a male CEO. Like, if men don’t want women to wear makeup, why would they want to make money off of it and instead have them natural? Like no Chad im not wearing red lipstick so it signals for you to come over and try and sleep with me. It matches my outfit dammit and I wanted some colour and to feel attractive for myself

Men dynamics seem to scare me a little ngl. I get nervous with large male groups cause of all that testosterone

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is just makeup lol. Lots of women do it, it is like making your hair done or putting a perfume. I am not familiar with the male perspective you are talking about, in my perspective, it actually provides to get more respect in work settings or some spesific settings, which is also rubbish in some aspects, but it does that.

Men who takes care about his apperance also generally approached better by others, women don't think they are a man whore or more prone to be sexual promiscuous than others.

These things are indicators that person cares and puts an effort for themselves in a way that others can see. Which is not only desirable in terms of appearance but for other areas as well.
    Lol. I used to wonder why some women who wore sandals took such great care of their feet and/or painted their toenails, and then I realized that that level of care probably extended to the parts I couldn’t see.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    If Make-up was always done for men, it wouldn’t be sought after in a women’s prison where the is no „man“ to impress. This is also assuming the women are straight. There are lots of lesbian women who wear and enjoy makeup too and it’s not Just for men. I like to look pretty for my friend too

Heres the thing too, most cosmetic companies have a male CEO. Like, if men don’t want women to wear makeup, why would they want to make money off of it and instead have them natural? Like no Chad im not wearing red lipstick so it signals for you to come over and try and sleep with me. It matches my outfit dammit and I wanted some colour and to feel attractive for myself

Men dynamics seem to scare me a little ngl. I get nervous with large male groups cause of all that testosterone
    Most men feel most “male” in a group of all men.

Most women feel most “female“ as the only female in a group of all men.

Your mileage may vary. I was thinking it might if you have strong Si and weaker Se, but my SLI-Te ex-wife would go to a party dressed to the nines, grab a drink from a tray, knock it back, then would grab another one and would wade into a group of men. I saw her do this before we were really dating.
    But she seemed bent on destruction, now that I think of it. She had some issues with her dominating LSE-Te father, who never forgave her for being born female.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is just makeup lol.
    /thread
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most men feel the most male in a group of all men.

Most women feel most female as the only female in a group of all men.

Your mileage may vary. I was thinking it might if you have strong Si and weaker Se, but my SLI ex-wife would go to a party dressed to the nines, grab a drink from a tray, knock it back, then would grab another one and would wade into a group of men. I saw her do this before we were really dating.
    But she seemed bent on destruction, now that I think of it.
    I would do this to be honest. I can walk into an all women group no problem. Men, different situation and lots of conflicting feelings. I would take a shot too tbh. I feel like I’m walking into a lions den and its a tricky game. Especially if I am „done up“ and there seems to be more attention toward me. Funny thing is I do it as shield for myself though that can backfire easily just the same. Different dynamics.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. I used to wonder why some women who wore sandals took such great care of their feet and/or painted their toenails, and then I realized that that level of care probably extended to the parts I couldn’t see.
    Women are more prone to beautify things and appreciate that. Sometimes these things are about aesthetics. I also like seeing women who dress well. I like looking at beautiful things. I remember the nails of my kindergarten teacher, but not her face her nails were perfection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, if I were you, I would contact a doctor to ask that. Hope you're doing fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. While I haven't experienced hemifacial spasms as a comorbidity, I know they can be related. It's great you're getting an MRI to confirm the diagnosis and explore treatment options such as botox. I hope botox provides some relief and you find the support you need on this forum. I usually have my botox procedure at https://onsitemedspa.com/services/bo...in-bel-air-ca/. I hope it goes great for you too. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck!

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People could've conserved a lot of time by simply looking up videos of the same guys reacting to a woman without VS with makeup. They always prefer the makeup, regardless of what they claim.

"Oh, yeah, I prefer no makeup."
    *Doesn't notice women until they put it on.*

The thing is, guys don't even know what the fuck makeup a chick is wearing. She can spend 3 hours in the bathroom doing her makeup, and when she comes out, he'll think, "She must've been taking a shit, coz she still doesn't even have makeup on. I think I'm finally getting the hang of understanding women: when they say they're doing makeup, that must be code for shitting."Next thing you know, she says "I'm going to freshen up my makeup" before the next round of drinks, and he's hearing, "I think she wants me to stick it in her ass tonight." To them, a woman walks in, does some magic poof spell, a cloud of pixie dust appears. Girls think they walk out looking like Marilyn Monroe, but guys think they walk out looking like...something that has legs still. Only, they can't put their finger on why they're hornier than they were when the girl walked in there.

I'm obviously using mild humor, don't throw things at me.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 03-22-2023 at 02:34 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with makeup is when it's used as a band-aid solution to a much real problem. Lack of a good skin routine. Tretinoin, moisturizer, sunscreen is really all that you need. Castor oil work wonders for your eyelashes too. Makeup is better when it's bold and obvious. Like having a work of art on your face.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Supposedly women look more attractive with makeup generally. Maybe with men it is more frowned upon. I generally only notice when people wear too much, or it's unusual in some way.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok… I don’t know anything about this shit but how could someone spend more than 30 minutes to this shit lmao…

I would prefer a light make up. Too much make one look like a mannequin.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think makeup is interesting. You can change the way your face looks in a temporary way. Have you seen nose and face contour? SFX makeup? You can literally make a custom wound and it looks straight out of a murder scene.

Makeup is used to enhance the features you already have. In a way, yes, people wear it to look appealing but it makes them feel good too. Feel good, look good. I think it can become a problem when your self worth plummets when you're not wearing it though.

In the beauty community we advocate for beauty diversity. Embracing your body and features in a way that makes you feel beautiful. Usually it's not just makeup, but taking care of your health and skin too.
    Eat my ass

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renna View Post
    Ok… I don’t know anything about this shit but how could someone spend more than 30 minutes to this shit lmao…

I would prefer a light make up. Too much make one look like a mannequin.
    LOL yeah it's actually common for people who have a makeup hobby to spend like, 2 hours or more on it??? I've seen everything from elaborate cosplays to intricate art work using makeup. In a way it can be an art
    Last edited by pixie dreams; 05-20-2023 at 06:09 PM.
    Eat my ass

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all wear makeup, some more than others, some visual, others behavioral, most of us both. We make ourselves more attractive and recognizable to survive. In other words, wearing makeup is part of our makeup.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

some make up on men is okay maybe I don't really know. /pretends to be a stereotypical gay man from Hollywood that knows what he's talking about. Like Jensen Ackles I think wore some very subtle sheer lip gloss that made his lips look even more hot in some episodes? @Megan Fox. Key is to be really subtle though- on both men and women ((especially men unless you are doing drag and trying to be campy.)) He didn't need it but it just made him look even more beautiful. The right mix of masculinity and femininity is sizzling hot to me, not necessarily 'trans' but I don't understand why you would be a douche and hate those people either. ((I mean of course I do understand probably but I don't want to get into it and absorbing conservative views literally makes ur chest hurt becuz heterosexual males in rural areas have the highest rate of heart disease.)) Yeah that was a burn, but they burned me first so deal with it. #NOTALLSTR8MEN!!!

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

All flesh is grass and the comeliness therein as is the flower in the field. The grass fadeth, the flower withereth, but the word of our God abideth forever.

I will not begrudge nor encourage a woman to go without any form of makeup. But hey, let's be honest here. You can and will go too damn far if given half a chance ladies. It's a LOT easier to land on the wrong end of the uncanny valley than you'd like to think.

I mean fucking hell just look at the newest A.I. dating profiles. I can tell it's fake as all fuck and ya damn right I'm not interested. Sadly, many men are so desperate for female approval that they'll ignore the rather obvious/major red flags...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renna View Post
    I don’t know anything about this shit but how could someone spend more than 30 minutes to this shit
    On youtube are examples when women paint faces to compare before and after. This may make them being perceived as more attractive.
    This gives more possibility to be liked by people of other sex and hence to get profits of this. People of own sex may perceive a paint as additional way to care about yourself and hence to arise more respect in them.

Also
    For women a care about own look (body state) can be a way of entertainment and relaxing.

Sometimes the paint distorts the look strongly.

The awkward moment you think you are ready to say goodbye to vanity but you discover setting spray

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    We all wear makeup, some more than others, some visual, others behavioral, most of us both. We make ourselves more attractive and recognizable to survive. In other words, wearing makeup is part of our makeup.
    Also, this

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345