Thread: IEI/INFp tendency? Behaving like the opposite of people you meet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI/INFp tendency? Behaving like the opposite of people you meet.

This is kinda weird.

Around logical people, I behave all dreamy, disorganized, lazy, don't do anything, etc.

Around emotional people, I seem to be able to pick up their pieces and toss out all these logical sentences, organize myself, get things done, am practical.

Basically, I like to behave exactly the opposite of whoever I'm around sometimes, not all times.

Why is that? Any other INFP do the same thing? I mentioned this before but didn't go into detail. But I remembered last weekend and my friend wanted to buy this purse when she already have about the exact same one at home and I was like, that's stupid and was being all logical and she got emotionally mad at me for ten minutes.

Then I realize that if I'm around someone who don't get things done, I'll do them. But if I'm around someone who is in charge, I kind of take the back seat.

Does that mean I could potentially be leadership quality or just a second row leader always. Curious because no one would make me a leader of anything but I sometimes I think I do want to, to succeed later on in my chosen career but then I'll have to fight everyone for it and it's so ugly.
    INFP

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you considered INFj for your type?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're INFp, then I think it's the either the polr or hidden agenda.
    You don't have to use those when someone else is there to do it for you.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Have you considered INFj for your type?
    I personally think that the last bit of his/her posts shows clearly how is not his/her PoLR, but rather his/her suggestive function.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not INFp, but i tend to do something similar to this as well. i like to think i'm adaptable in this way.

it seems pretty INXp in general to take a backseat if some type is in charge.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I personally think that the last bit of his/her posts shows clearly how is not his/her PoLR, but rather his/her suggestive function.
    Fair enough, not as PoLR, but this:

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    But I remembered last weekend and my friend wanted to buy this purse when she already have about the exact same one at home and I was like, that's stupid and was being all logical and she got emotionally mad at me for ten minutes.
    This does not look like PoLR either. In fact, it looks like the girl was the one with a PoLR. Of course, they could both be IXFp.

A better solution is ENFp, with as role function and as hidden agenda.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The friend I'm talking about is ESFJ though she claims to be a logical thinker and maybe she does think logically but the way she says and do anything is so overwelmingly emotional.

ESFJs at their best are warm, sympathetic, helpful, cooperative, tactful, down-to-earth, practical, thorough, consistent, organized, enthusiastic, and energetic. They enjoy tradition and security, and will seek stable lives that are rich in contact with friends and family.
    -> yea that's her
    INFP

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    But I remembered last weekend and my friend wanted to buy this purse when she already have about the exact same one at home and I was like, that's stupid and was being all logical and she got emotionally mad at me for ten minutes.
    This does not look like PoLR either. In fact, it looks like the girl was the one with a PoLR. Of course, they could both be IXFp.

yeah, i'd say that's a nearly classic example of how polr's get hit in female friendships.

"why are you buying that purse when you've already got one just like it/you could get the same purse on ebay for half price/you said you were going to try to get out of debt this year?"
    *friend gets irate and pouts for 20 minutes*
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's because that way you eliminate threat and put yourself at a constant advantage. I do it all the time. I play on their weaknesses a bit, to regain control.
    It's a defensive mechanism.