Thread: house keeping

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default house keeping

you know how some people are more likely to have "organized piles" than to keep things looking neat and pretty, and they don't seem to really even notice it when things are unattractive around them? They can still tell you where things are for the most part, so it's not *true* disorganization...

is this weak Si?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imagine yourself as an adult with your own home. will it all look like your bedroom?
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without an individual willing to look after it and disallow the enviornment from falling into such disarray, yeah.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an individual... meaning not you, an INTj?
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"an individual... meaning not you, an INTj?"

I'm far from willing to care for the orderliness of my enviornment; I'm too lazy.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really dont care about 'orderliness' but sometimes it's strange..i'll be given to streaks of extreme ocd where i have to color code my whole wardrobe, organize my underwear drawer..things like that. I don't know why i do it sometimes and other times I couldn't care less. Last night I rearranged all my shirts in the color of the rainbow..that's a bit strange. I only seem to do this when i'm super stressed out, lol. Coping mechanism of some sort i'm sure. What was the question again?

Creepy-

I periodically go through things and "tidy up". I do not mind vacuming or cleaning floors, as it is related to health and such. I like having spartan environments, especially in my dorm room. My home bedroom is tough, because I have so much unneccesary things, but things that might be useful for certain occasions. But prioritizing things was the first task for myself for summer vacation, and I'm glad for that. In general, I'm sort of sloppy. But not really unpurpose. There are just better things to be doing.

My mom was an ISTj neat freak, though, so, some of her ways have rubbed off on me. When my ESFj relative runs out the door to be with her boyfriend and doesn't do the dishes..... if it's really disgusting I take care of it. And walking around on clean hardwood floors is nice

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everything in my room is ordered by function or plan. Whenever I take my clothes off, or change, I fold them. I do this because I want everything I own to last a really really long time.
    asd

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I throw things in one big pile... And whenever I use something, I leave it out. (why put the scissors back in the drawer, if I know I will use them again very soon - in a couple of days). Constant cleaning up feels like waste of time. It makes me feel like I'm doing something over and over and over again...
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    everything in my room is ordered by function or plan. Whenever I take my clothes off, or change, I fold them. I do this because I want everything I own to last a really really long time.
    this must be my weak spot. generally i can't get anything i own to last a really long time, because i don't really bother with it. but my ENTp friend has bottles of shoe goo everywhere and he's generally just a lot better at keeping things "new." my half-brother is the same way. i think he would scotch-gard the whole house if it were at all possible.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm we're getting into a few issues here...

1.) being clean because it looks better

2.) being organized

3.) taking care of your things

my original question was about #1
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do about the same thing that kristiina does, to answer the question. i've gotten a little bit better at noticing this over the years (living by myself seems to make me appreciate my surroundings more.)
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

living by myself makes me not appreciate my surroundings at all
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like housework, but I get stressed when my environment is not comfortable, so I force myself to keep things tidy.

I'm usually pretty good at it but my house will never be photographed for a magazine or anything.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I learned when I started college, and moved away from my messy room, most, if not all, of my future dwellings will be meticulously cleaned. For some reason, I can't stand the filth (its not really too bad, but it exists) that my roomates generate. I mean, I guess the reason is because I don't feel safe, because its the kind of filth I do not know the history of (for example, if I dropped a banana peel on the floor and left it until it began to rot, I'd have no problem picking it up and throwing it away, because I know where it came from and what happened.. but if I saw that nasty looking shit in my dorm room, and I didn't put it there I would be wholly disgusted).
    thing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    living by myself makes me not appreciate my surroundings at all
    I can relate to that, I like my house to be aesthetic and decorate it like that, but I can be horrendously messy sometimes. I usually dont tidy things up or clean until its absolutley necessary, but once I get started, I will keep going for hours and hours.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI subtype

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that sounds like something I would do, minus the fear of insects.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I left half empty bottles of juice in my room for a week. I was not inspired to toss them out until ants came. Insects terrify me. I tossed the bottles in a trash bag and made a mad rush out of my apartment like a robber with a money bag because I feared the ants would crawl out before I had a chance to dispose of them. Yes, I am that disgusting. I will make a fine hobo one day.
    oh man. ):

NOT something i would do. i don't care about disorganization/"clutter" at all, what i do care about is unintentional science experiments. generally i'm a little cluttered but i'd sort of die if i ever let anything organic grow in my room.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by heath
    this must be my weak spot. generally i can't get anything i own to last a really long time, because i don't really bother with it. but my ENTp friend has bottles of shoe goo everywhere and he's generally just a lot better at keeping things "new." my half-brother is the same way. i think he would scotch-gard the whole house if it were at all possible.
    Absolutely my problem as well. I can't really make anything last long, I consummate like a rabbit
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit