View Poll Results: Who are you attracted to?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a socionics extrovert and I am attracted to shy people

14 40.00%
  • I'm a socionics extrovert and I am attracted to outgoing people

3 8.57%
  • I'm a socionics introvert and I am attracted to shy people

8 22.86%
  • I'm a socionics introvert and I am attracted to outgoing people

10 28.57%

Thread: who are you attracted to?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default who are you attracted to?

I <3 shy people
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have come to appreciate and be attracted to introverts and extroverts
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always been attracted to both too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people that are outgoing, but have mannuerisms and body language that suggest they are comfortable whilst being outgoing. Don't read too much into it, it means i like bitchy ass bitches.
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*taps fingers*

of course anyone can be attracted to anyone.... but if you absolutely HAD to choose which person you're more likely to want...
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"shy" is friggin hot
    SEE

Creepy-

I can be attracted to both, sure.

But something about spending time with ESFj women is really alluring. I saw one tonight at the movies -- the way she had fun with her friends kid, and the way she got along with everyone. Furthermore, knowing my personality and seeing how beneficial it would be for me to have someone like that as a partner.

I like some Es and some Is, but I will not make a general E or I statement, no. That would just be false and inaccurate. BUt I've come to learn to appreciate my dual personality type, at least. Spending a great deal of my life with a female ESFj in my family (and not knowing or understanding it until relatively recently) -- it makes sense now, and I have been dualized some: I seriously didn't even recognize that person's persona or what she brought to the table. But especially these last 2 years, when we've experienced more trying times as well as distance apart, it really pointed out to me what duality (for me at least) was about.

Besides, I'm the shy person: I'm the antisocial person. That's my role, and that's how I roll best. I understand that. I would not want to be having to draw someone out time after time - I've little skill and less desire or interest.

By the by -- Joy --
    You sound very much like another ISFp I know in this regard.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great post UDP

(I'm ENTj BTW )

so anyways... "drawing people out" represtents a fun challenge for me. at the same time, some one TOO introverted... like an INTj I know... can be frustrating because while I enjoy being with someone shy, I don't want it to feel like they're doing me a favor by going to dinner with my family on my birthday. >:|
    SEE

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm into outgoing people, especially when they can help me do all the talking. But of course, if he talks too much nonsense, I will show him the door! I love being with E*FJs cuz they are fun to be with, understanding, dependable, and interesting! There is no time I don't enjoy been with them. I feel that we are similar, but they are a more extroverted version of me!

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    (I'm ENTj BTW )
    What?
    You change your type every month or something like that, right?

Whatever the case, the ISFp male was/is somewhat confused internally, because his extraversion tendancies always attracted him to shyer females. But all of his 'substantial' relationships were with E types. ..... It's complicated. "P types and relationships" is a very messy issue, anyways.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    I like a happy-medium. I quickly become exhaused by people of a rambunctious nature and people who force me to channel Crocodile Dentist and pull teeth to obtain a response from.
    Exactly, I've tried the thing with an introverted person and me being introverted myself, things just fizzle and get pretty boring. I would really like someone that is more of a go-getter and more outgoing, it makes my life easier. Although, I do get intimidated by them at times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'd be better with a quiet person, because I don't get bored by non-action in the social/conversational realm. Of course, there aren't many people I know that don't get a certain way by having to live in silence. Extraverted types could eventually intimidate me, but for that to happen, they'd have to lose the "annoying" factor, which I don't see happening any time soon.

There just aren't that many people who can deal, unbiasedly, with silence. It was an eye-opener realizing that.
    thing.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd say SLI-Te, EIE, ESE, IEI, SEE.

Probably producing>accepting subtypes overall with no clear preference for social introversion/extroversion. I don't like the idea of having to draw someone out on a consistent basis, or being with someone who doesn't have much going for them themselves.
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-31-2014 at 09:16 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Whoever my biology/chemistry dictates. I feel so helpless.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

voodoo Socionics combos --- e.g. ESI - Fi, E8, C in DCHN or IEI-Ti Dominant subytpe E 5

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I am introverted but I would not say I am really shy. I like the term reserved used above.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shy

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Really difficult if not impossible to answer definitively. When people are exceptional, such traits may or may not be a part of that exceptionality.

I suppose on balance, being partnered with someone exceptional and outgoing in the right way is best for me, as it means being able to march down the parade not giving two fucks about anybody else and so on.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just in theory, don't have enough relationship experience to really attest to any of this, but this is the order of people that I feel I can actually gain something of value from being in a relationship with them.

EJ/IP>IJ(Se-creative)>EP/IJ(Ne-creative)

A relatively outgoing, well-adjusted, confident introvert, or a level-headed, non-impulsive/scattered extrovert. I don't think a really shy, docile person would be good for me.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm outgoing around really shy people and bit more quiet around actual outgoing people.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Usually I like people who are more like me than different but not always. so I'm a shy person that likes other shy people.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

same @blackburry

there are exceptions tho when there isnt any chemistry with the person and its just quiet and weird.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Exactly, I've tried the thing with an introverted person and me being introverted myself, things just fizzle and get pretty boring. I would really like someone that is more of a go-getter and more outgoing, it makes my life easier. Although, I do get intimidated by them at times.
    i can see how this might be true for me too but i dont have any real experience being with an extrovert to actually be sure of it. getting to know outgoing people is a lot harder for me. which probably sounds backwards.