Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this description in line with socionics ESI-ISFj?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Gotta hand it him, he's damn good at it, subtypes being one's forte can explain that, I think.
    Then I give up. Still I'll take the defense of anyone that considered SEI, I don't think they're all illiterate.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    it's pretty much unequivocally an ISFp description.
    You're pretty much unequivocally ISTj.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That image did not display in my browser, but I bet it's your usual pink gorilla. Quoting and trying the link in the address bar confirmed that apparently even my wildest guesses about your personality are spot-on.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's the only way to respond to Bolt's messages on a level playing field.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's the only way to respond to Bolt's messages on a level playing field.
    "Ooga booga" will also suffice when responding to the Wile E. Coyote of socionics.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    It's actually a picture of labcoat, lolin' @ u.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    "Ooga booga" will also suffice when responding to the Wile E. Coyote of socionics.
    I don't really know or wish to know what that means, but I like it.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Here's a few on The List, have at it:

Andy Warhol
    Claude Monet
    Gustav Klimt
    Jean-Michel Basquiat
    Don't be ridiculous, Warhol is the quintessence of Ni. Not far from him is Basquiat, but probably Ni valuing only. Monet is an entirely different story though, he is actually likely SEI.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know two SEI painters, both on the line of classic impressionism, still life, natural, sensation, colorful. One of them is my father in law, I may post some paintings of his, if someone is interested.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know two SEI painters, both on the line of classic impressionism, still life, natural, sensation, colorful. One of them is my father in law, I may post some paintings of his, if someone is interested.
    Sure, go ahead.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Then I give up. Still I'll take the defense of anyone that considered SEI, I don't think they're all illiterate.
    Given lines (bolded (?) point to ESI, but like I said, it's taking from a description what one wants to see, so even one line will be enough. That's why I said "stick to socionics" in the first place.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    My opinion

ESI N --> no artistic abilities, cold-harsh personality
    ESI C --> no artistic abilities, harsh personality
    ESI D --> some artistic abilities, kind personality
    ESI H --> good artistic abilities, kind personality

And most SEIs have artistic abilities
    how the heck have DCNH subtypes have come to be associated with kindness vs. meanness? coz I can't even see harshness as the actual opposite, I know many kind harsh people. From Gulenko's descriptions I would say the D is most prone to sound harsh or brash and undiplomatic, if judged by manner only, while the H looks like a passive-aggressive manipulative weakling.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Which mbti type would Se-ESI (D) E6 be. Just an aggressive, self-confident ISFP? MBTI descriptions kind of suck.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Which mbti type would Se-ESI (D) E6 be. Just an aggressive, self-confident ISFP? MBTI descriptions kind of suck.
    ISFJ still. Oftentimes Se-ESIs are even more J-like than Fi-ESI.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

but still I doubt someone like blackburry types ISFJ in mbti. coz out of the ESIs I've seen around, I think she would be D, if subtype theory had any glue to it. I also have an aunt who's closer to the hardass Se subtype talked about in Socionics and she is ISFP in mbti. Ofc mbti understanding of "extraverted sensing" is very narrow and veiled -- kind of like only living in the here-and-now, lots of immediate sensory input, eating 10 types of bonbons at once just for the sake of reveling in the taste etc. There's no allusion to the willpower&aggression connotations of Se. In mbti decisiveness is mainly associated with J. mbti sucks in this aspect.
    Last edited by Amber; 11-03-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    but still I doubt someone like blackburry types ISFJ in mbti. coz from the ESIs I've seen around, I think she would be D, if subtype theory had any glue to it. I also have an aunt who's closer to the hardass Se subtype talked about in Socionics and she is ISFP in mbti. Ofc mbti understanding of "extraverted sensing" is very narrow and veiled -- kind of like only living in the here-and-now, lots of immediate sensory input, eating 10 types of bonbons at once just for the sake of reveling in the taste etc. There's no allusion to the willpower&aggression connotations of Se. In mbti decisiveness is mainly associated with J. mbti sucks in this aspect.

That and the Si descriptions in MBTI focus on traditions and preserving culture as opposed to sensory impressions, which seems to confuse typology because you could very well have traditionalists that could be a Se or Si user. So I would think that many MBTI ISFJs think they are Si users because they are socially conservatives, and ISFPs think they are Se users because they are sensually less constrained by tradition. When the truth is, they can both be conservative for very different reasons.

Also, I tend to see the MBTI ISFP as a more adolescent version of the Socionics ISFj and the MBTI ISFJ as the more mature version of a Socionics ISFp.

Just my perspective though.
    Last edited by Skepsis; 11-03-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    but still I doubt someone like blackburry types ISFJ in mbti.
    What else? Maybe ISTJ. Supposing the "diagnosis" comes from a dichotomy-based test, not a functions-based one. Typical P-J scales are related to open ended - decisive, unplanned-planned, and so on.

coz out of the ESIs I've seen around, I think she would be D, if subtype theory had any glue to it. I also have an aunt who's closer to the hardass Se subtype talked about in Socionics and she is ISFP in mbti. Ofc mbti understanding of "extraverted sensing" is very narrow and veiled -- kind of like only living in the here-and-now, lots of immediate sensory input, eating 10 types of bonbons at once just for the sake of reveling in the taste etc. There's no allusion to the willpower&aggression connotations of Se. In mbti decisiveness is mainly associated with J. mbti sucks in this aspect.
    If your aunt is close to the hardass subtype and decisivness is associated with J, why would your aunt test as ISFP? Just wondering. I think if she'd take a "dichotomy-based" test rather than "functions-based" test, she'd come off as J, if indeed she is forward, planned, demanding etc. etc. all the typical "qualities" associated with Se subtype ESIs.

Actually, if you think about it more deeply, I believe Fi-ESIs would be more likely to test as ISFPs, as opposed to Se-ESIs.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guardians (SJ)

Guardians® (SJs)
    are the cornerstone of society, for they are the temperament given to serving and preserving our most important social institutions. Guardians have natural talent in managing goods and services--from supervision to maintenance and supply -- and they use all their skills to keep things running smoothly in their families, communities, schools, churches, hospitals, and businesses. All Guardians share the following core characteristics:

• Guardians pride themselves on being dependable, helpful, and hard-working.
    • Guardians make loyal mates, responsible parents, and stabilizing leaders.
    • Guardians tend to be dutiful, cautious, humble, and focused on credentials and traditions.
    • Guardians are concerned citizens who trust authority, join groups, seek security, prize gratitude, and dream of meting out justice.

Guardians can have a lot of fun with their friends, but they are quite serious about their duties and responsibilities. Guardians take pride in being dependable and trustworthy; if there's a job to be done, they can be counted on to put their shoulder to the wheel. Guardians also believe in law and order, and sometimes worry that respect for authority, even a fundamental sense of right and wrong, is being lost. Perhaps this is why Guardians honor customs and traditions so strongly -- they are familiar patterns that help bring stability to our modern, fast-paced world.
    Practical and down-to-earth, Guardians believe in following the rules and cooperating with others. They are not very comfortable winging it or blazing new trails; working steadily within the system is the Guardian way, for in the long run loyalty, discipline, and teamwork get the job done right. Guardians are meticulous about schedules and have a sharp eye for proper procedures. They are cautious about change, even though they know that change can be healthy for an institution. Better to go slowly, they say, and look before you leap.
    Guardians make up as much as 40 to 45 percent of the population, and a good thing, because they usually end up doing all the indispensable but thankless jobs the rest of the population takes for granted.

Artisans
    (SP)
    Artisans are the temperament with a natural ability to excel in any of the arts, not only the fine arts such as painting and sculpting, or the performing arts such as music, theater, and dance, but also the athletic, military, political, mechanical, and industrial arts, as well as the "art of the deal" in business. All Artisans share the following core characteristics:

• Artisans tend to be fun-loving, optimistic, realistic, and focused on the here and now.
    • Artisans pride themselves on being unconventional, bold, and spontaneous.
    • Artisans make playful mates, creative parents, and troubleshooting leaders.
    • Artisans are excitable, trust their impulses, want to make a splash, seek stimulation, prize freedom, and dream of mastering action skills.

Artisans are most at home in the real world of solid objects that can be made and manipulated, and of real-life events that can be experienced in the here and now. Artisans have exceptionally keen senses, and love working with their hands. They seem right at home with tools, instruments, and vehicles of all kinds, and their actions are usually aimed at getting them where they want to go, and as quickly as possible. Thus Artisans will strike off boldly down roads that others might consider risky or impossible, doing whatever it takes, rules or no rules, to accomplish their goals. This devil-may-care attitude also gives the Artisans a winning way with people, and they are often irresistibly charming with family, friends, and co-workers.

Artisans want to be where the action is; they seek out adventure and show a constant hunger for pleasure and stimulation. They believe that variety is the spice of life, and that doing things that aren't fun or exciting is a waste of time. Artisans are impulsive, adaptable, competitive, and believe the next throw of the dice will be the lucky one. They can also be generous to a fault, always ready to share with their friends from the bounty of life. Above all, Artisans need to be free to do what they wish, when they wish. They resist being tied or bound or confined or obligated; they would rather not wait, or save, or store, or live for tomorrow. In the Artisan view, today must be enjoyed, for tomorrow never comes.
    There are many Artisans, perhaps 30 to 35 percent of the population, which is good, because they create much of the beauty, grace, fun, and excitement the rest of us enjoy in life.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i like to think of myself as being more free-spirited and SP-ish but friends and family invariably describe me with the kinds of words in the SJ description. a little while ago i told my iee friend that i could come up with brief descriptors for people like she'd be the "quirky" one, and what would i be? she thought for a really long time and then said, "uh, grounded? realistic? practical?" nuuuuuuuuuuu!!

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I identified as ISFP, and I think my interests and demeanor match up with some of the stereotypes (personal values, introverted, into aesthetics, some vague informal-ness in attitude that isn't typically associated with ISxJ's, etc.), but then there are some really basic aspects about my myself that might make me sound like an ISTJ, or maybe just a 'well-rounded' ISFP.
    Last edited by suedehead; 11-05-2014 at 10:25 PM.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiaM View Post
    Question -- How shall I recognize my dual, the LIE?

Or will he be the one to find me?
    They'll find u. You have to learn to recognize them through experience. Duals come together through mutual need. They will be the person most able to cover for your weak areas during times of trouble. As a disclaimer I don't recommend seeking relationships like this. Also to learn who your duals are u first have to learn what the seperate information metabolisms feel like to u. If you overstep your experience you could end up making really poor desicions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12