Thread: colour of your soul?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default colour of your soul?

I have just realized that the model B is working by associating the colours with the functions. However, it is not 100% yet. due to the fact that not everything is known yet and people are not clear types but have got sybtypes - this is for sure.

The idea is that people will prefer the colours of the functons which belong to their Ego block (see model B).

Preferences in colours:

Introverts will go for the cold colours : pink, purple, violet, blue, indigo, and black.

Extraverts will go for warm colours: red, orange, green, yellow, gold, brown and white.

It is always better to ask to choose colours from rainbow, not the one to wear or at home.

People usually suggest two colours or you can ask them to name two colours. The preffered colour is more likely to be associated with the base function but not necessarily.

I noticed that people shift sometiime in their preference between the colours of the base function to the colour of the creative function.
    It could be realted to the developmental changes within the psyche.

For example, INFPs will prefer blue and black. Some of them like red but some not, while some like it depending on thier mood. Which is fiar enough: red colour is excitement and joy but it is also a powerful emotion associated with anger.

Please, tell your psychological type and the preferance in colours.
    I am in particular interested why sometimes the theory does not work - it may well be because of the dynamics within the psyche and the developmental changes. What colour you always liked? What other colours you liked before and has been replaced for other colours.

i would assume that these colours will be mainly within the range of two dimensions either Id -Superego or Ego - Superid.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp - red and blue

I could have just as easily said red and green though. I like blue and green equally.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTP

Black and Green

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you known people who can "see" color auras around people? I've known several, and they've all told me that I have a dark blue aura.

I most often wear brown and blue. Red is my favorite color.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My soul is most likely fiery red and slight blue... although on appearance I'm probably red and yellow.
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yellow and black
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gray and dark-green.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, Green.. like lightsaber green
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark red and a very light, silvery blue. Plus sunflower yellow. And orange dots. At times with shades of grey thrown in, at times with little gold and silver reflexes running over everything.

Like that.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah. But no orange dots or shades of grey. For one horrible moment I thought this makes me ENTj. (Not that I'd dislike being an ENTj - I just wouldn't be very good at it.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soft orange and stormy blue (like a stormy sky).
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

aaa.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Undeerstanding colours

Thanks a lot to everyone. I think the colour theory at the moment is similar to intertype relatoinbship theory in socionics - it just does not reflect the complexity and diversity betwen the souls. Nobody said that we can not do it. We need to understand the colour and colour interaction and then....we can create intertype relationship theory on the basis of harmony between the colours.

The point is that there are temporarily and stabel differences between the types which type or rainbow spectrum does not predict. Procentige of this colour and tht colur will be different between indiviuals. on the other hand we are dealing with colours and that there sould be some order and system. For example many pointed to two colours going hand in hand: red and blue.

The reality is that we have got subtypes - shades and mixtures of colours, which I believe will not fall widely apart for the individuals of the same type. For example, INTJs may prefer spectrum: violet, purple,pink blue, indigo, black - as thier primary colour. Then as a secondary colour they are more likely to go for green.

We need to create a chart of colours in a shape of the two wheels inside and outside. The top halves of outside and inside wheels will represent extraversion "out" and "in". The bottom halves will be Introversion "out" and "in". The outer wheel will contain colours of the rainbow + pink = 8. Inside ring will contain mixtures of two opposite colours in shade strength moving to the direction of an outer ring - or make the life easier simply the mixture of the two colours. The chart therefore will contain 8 inside and 8 outside colours. I am not an artist so I am not too sure how it is going to work out. We could put the types of the forum memebers into the prefferred colour, for example.

Or we could give a number to each colour - there will be only 16 colours and then we could analyse the pairs of two preferred colours of the same types. I am sure we shall not be dealing with huge discrepency. Then we could try to understand how preference in colour may reflect the difference between types. may be mathematicians will help us to understand something as well. Will it be any order in preferences or differnce between the differnt ages/ different genders and etc? Why not to approach the differences in types from this perspective?

For example, my daughter is ESFP. According to my thoery she must like yellow and pink. Well, she like red and pink but not yellow. This means that she is not pushy but very emotional ESFP likes to lugh a lot and very light hearted. however, when she is angry - then it is a lot of angry red. On the chart she will fall into the category red and pink.

Colour has got negative and positive quality that is why we either like or not like it - depending on what quality we perceive. Outside colours are interacting with our natural colours or colours of our souls. This is the world which we ignore - and now we are about to reveal it.

I wonder what you would suggest? How is it the best to organaise the colour chart ?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default FDG

The picture on FDG profile is what we want, with lighter colours going deeper to the middle.
    Some people say they like all colours or the like white. That means purity of the soul as you enjoy diversity and balnce as a result. then it owuld be reasonable to ask what colours did you like usually in the past: it will be as a rule only two colours leading.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Check it out

Please, check out the new system (Model B +Life Purpose system).
    add the numbers of your birthday: e.g 02.10.1982 0+2+1+0 +1+9+8+2 = 23/5 means 2 -indigo/naivy blue, 3 - red, 5 green. Add these colours to the ones you like to see if it will make any sense to have extra colours.

1 - creativity and confidence
    2 - cooperation and balance
    3 - Expression and sensitivity
    4 - Stability and process
    5 - Freedom and Discipline
    6 - Vision and Acceptance
    7 - Trust and openness
    8 - Abundance and power
    9 - Integrity and wisdom,
    0 - Inner gifts

For descriptions of functions, please, refer to socionic theory:

1 - Ti -violet/purple,
    2 -Si -indigo,
    3 - Fe - red,
    4 -Te - orange,
    5 -Ne -green,
    6 -Ni -blue,
    7-Fi -pink,
    8 -Se -yellow,
    9 - rainbow of colours create your identity /mixture creates confusion -black
    0 - crystal clear/white"

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Auras

@Joy

If you have dark blue aura and you like red -you must be a baby of Superid and Ego with the predominanac of Superid element.
    Your creative function -red and base funciton -dark blue. now the most interesting moment - we can see if the system works or not.
    Translating colour into function suggest that you are most possibly one of the two types: ISFP or INFP only if I associate colour of aura and prefered colour in a right way.

I know a person who see auras. I will explain the possible mechanism behind it when I come to talk about different parts of conscious in model B

1981: this is the topic for later to discuss the colours of cultures and nations.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Opposite is true

Sorry Yjoy i meant complete differnt thing: the colour you like is you base function which originates in Ego block predominance (red or orange) or and the aura is from the superid block -second function : or

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

madame olga, i am a 2, however my favorite colors would likely be a green and a darker blue.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More dimensions

It looks like there is more diversity than i originally thought. I have met lots of people who likes blue and green - Which is Id -Superid dimension, exactly like Implied wrote.
    That means that we shall have another dimension Ego and Superego as well. Which is fine again. At the end of the day we have 16 types and there must be differnceis in preferences. At the moment it is difficult to say where the differences stem form, for exapmle, from the purpose of life or it is a temporary preference. Whatever it is one thing for sure: it will be always combination of two warm versus cold extraversion versus introversion. The most interesting that if you ask for a third colour it may well be the mixture of the two preffered colours. This preferences in colour represent subtypes. Please, come back to me with your observations, please.

As regards to number two I associated it with naivy blue but...it looks like it also can be black. If we shall add the numbers of 06.06.2006 we get 20 or 2 and 0 - in colours: naivy blue/black and crystal clear.

My hubby deals with colours I am going to ask him if he can do for me a chart which I want.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May be it would be a right idea to associate with blue and with dark blue/indigo.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Copper Copper Copper!

I am completely and totally infatuated with Copper.
    I see something made of copper, I'm distracted by it.
    I see something the color copper, I look to see if the design can be made from copper.

Funnily enough, my second most favored color, which also attracts my attention, is kind of a mix of bluish green or greenish blue. I have a difficult time figuring out which it is more of. (maybe I should mix some paints to figure it out)... The reason I say "funnily enough" is because it's kind of close to the color of copper "rust". Combine the two and I'm all over it!

(I always attributed this to a possible previous life of creating copper ornamentation/defense. Put chainmail in my presence, and I'm drooling, looking to see how well it's been put together. Give me COPPER chainmail and I feel as if i've died and gone to heaven!)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I die with you - I feel the same about cooper. I could not understand why people do not expensive jullery from cooper? It looks so warm and facsinating.... Well you must be a feeler to be atracted to things like this. As regards blue, I like turqouse. Why? probably because pastel colours - my prefernce - pinky/purple + soft yellow/cream = turqouse!!!

Actually I adore all colours in right combintaons and pattern. The life would be too boring without diversity.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

turqouise/patina is the opposite of copper. color theoretically speaking.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Erkki doesn't care for colors much (used to have a gray room and was very pleased), but I asked him and told him to say the first two. He hadn't read the topic or my answer.

"mmm... orange and blue. Just these two colors in any order."

PS! I currently think he is INTp, but he could be a non-conventional ENTj.

Olga, how precise is this? I like the theory though. And I think that ENTjs who say "other people tell me I'm red", just show that they use their Fe when they are with other people. This does not contradict it.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    turqouise/patina is the opposite of copper. color theoretically speaking.
    I find that interesting. I had to look up "patina" and found http://www.sculptnouveau.com/newblue.html The bluish color i'm into is a cross between the top 'Cupric Nitrate on Copper' and the bottom right 'Powder Blue on Brass'.

Thank you Mariano for that info.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue and Orange.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally i think might be an orange color! = red or pink.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    personally i think might be an orange color! = red or pink.
    I would agree, but red is a bit too strong for me to associate with . Some Fi-types can seem quite "red", but I think that's because they use Fe too.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Basics

At the moment we have the basics of the theory or foundation. It is up to us to develop it in more detail. There could be two ways: either to go from colour description or from the psychologica functions of Ego block.

If we go from the colour description, then it is important to find out what is the first colour of your choice? the second choice? Give them time to think because some never seriously thought about it before.

The answer may be: blue. Then you can expect most probably three answers: red, green or orange. If the answer is red -most probably INFP. I have met INFPs who like black then most probably second choice will be red. for some people blue and green come together and they seem do not posess strong Ego power but rather soft and avoidant types like ISFP. I noticed that ISTPs like red. Is it right Rocky? We need to try to understand what types go for what colour preference.
    I tell you once for sure ISFJs like pastel colours and go for very clear pink and yellow if only you give them time to concentrate.

We need to ask and to observe. And what is also important to consider colour preference from the point of four elements: Ego, Id, Superego and Superid. Tell people what these elements - and what elelments they are balancing to see if it feels right to them what you say. All people I have met are fascinated about thoery of colourful soul and balancing dimension even if you do not guess 100 % right what is their second choice colour.

WE can also start to describe the colour by collecting info about those people who loves for example green - they sem to be full of Life, joy, loud
    or just very friendly and chatty. Those who friendly and chatty like blue as well and those who are powerful will go for "green with red dots"!

At the moment we can pick and mix 10 colours:rainbow + pink + blcak + black and 4 elements to associate with 16 types. If the person says white - he is most probably balanced but if he thinks he may give you a couple of other colours too.

Some people will try to descibe it in texture - let them do it - they are most probably feelers.

Associate colour number 1 with base function and number 2 with cretive - will it make sense or things seem on the opposite to you?

So hopefully after a while we shall arrive to patterns in preference and will be able to determine the the type by colour preference. Again do not treat my thoery as perfect - nothing is perfect. We need to go from reality to theory and not on the opposite. I welcome everybody to take part and contribute. It will be a theory of this forum members. On my own - I could not do it, together - we can do anything and evrything we could only imagine. We need to believe in it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One ISTp - black and green. ...and dark red.
    I'm not sure this helps the theory, but a larger selection of samples is usually good.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Colours of subtypes!

So far only extarversion/introversion dimension is possible to identify on the basis of warm/cold colours.

I would assume that the richness of colours is important too. There could be a few hypotheses here:

1. Dark colours -sign of irrationality. Light shades -rationality.

2. It could be that dark colours or vibrant colours are a characteristic feature of Ego -Superid dimension. This dimension must be the most conflicting one - we can expect contrast of colours.

3. Other dimesnions do not suppose to be in contrast but in harmony.

So it is possible to start by asking what set of colours do you prefer: cold or warm? and then...What is the quality of colours: pastel? dark or vibrant?

If pastel: pinky,purple -yellow, lime green -Superego -Ego.
    If dark: black/naivy blue - green Superid -Id
    If vibrant: blue -red, black - orange, blue -orange Ego -Superid.
    if simply bright: red and pink - Superego -Ego
    red -yellow -green - Ego- Id.

I would assume that the favourite colour -must be the one from the Ego Block. Preference of a second colour may reflect subtype. For example, INTJ who likes blue and green - will be INTJ -intuitive subtype- because blue is closer to green - they are in the same Child block. The counscious of this INTJ will be less developed than of the INTJ who will prefer purple/violet colour as number 1 colour - logical subtype. We may expect intuitive INTJ to be more childish in behaviour or attitude.

That INTJ who prefers blue to purple as the result will be closer to INTP in the sense that he will be more concerned with his persona rather than social regulatons. It could be a permanenet or temporarily feature. At the moment it is difficult to say. If INTJ is under stress and depression - he may see it more naturally to prefer blue.

ESFP who does not like yellow as a base function - and goes for red instead - could be regarded as ethical or emotional subtype. If we would decide to present the functions in colour we would use the same shapes but the colour for bothe would be different.

I see the clear logic behind it. The preference of the second colour will be only different as regards to the creative function. The shift in colour must go in a motion of a positive swastika: from right to left, like in the wheel Life. That means, we shall never get INTJ who will like pink or red, because these colours represent completely different dimension -feelings.
    WE can have INFPs who likes red - emotional sybtypes and those - who does not like red -intuitive subtypes. But we shall not have INFPs who will come out with orange ot violet - because it is logiccal colours/functions. If we shall continue like that we may be able describe types and colours. Can anybody systemise it in a nice way? Why should I do evrything myself ? Is anybody out there with good systemic skills?
    I think we progress slowly but surely - it sounds sensible to me.
    Can you imagine that shift of the colours in a circle can under certain circumstances to move in a negative direction?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wheel A

I think I noticed with sensorical extravertes - preference for green colour with out them being visually intuitive. I believe one ESFP who liked gren with red dots - is a sensorical subtype. But in no way ESFP will tell you bleu as a colour number 1. As you know for ESFP theory predicts Yellow as number 1 -base function and what reality suggest that ESFP who prefer green is possible because their other sensorical function will be intuition which is green. ESTP maylike yellow and blue.

I think we need to describe types' functions in coours so that we could better imagine what are the possibilites of preferences between types. there will be clear types and subtypes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Correction

I would like to make a corresction about ESFP. It was misunderstanding about green colour and ESFP. She actually meant her first to be burgundy or choclolate brown and her second choice to be green. Actually I do not know for sure what ype she is. She seems to me as ESFP.

As regrads to the coloours they are in harmony: burgundy/warm brown -+ green; or another known to me ESFP: red + pink.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Colours of subtypes!

Quote Originally Posted by Olga
    So far only extarversion/introversion dimension is possible to identify on the basis of warm/cold colours.

I would assume that the richness of colours is important too. There could be a few hypotheses here:

1. Dark colours -sign of irrationality. Light shades -rationality.

2. It could be that dark colours or vibrant colours are a characteristic feature of Ego -Superid dimension. This dimension must be the most conflicting one - we can expect contrast of colours.

3. Other dimesnions do not suppose to be in contrast but in harmony.

So it is possible to start by asking what set of colours do you prefer: cold or warm? and then...What is the quality of colours: pastel? dark or vibrant?

If pastel: pinky,purple -yellow, lime green -Superego -Ego.
    If dark: black/naivy blue - green Superid -Id
    If vibrant: blue -red, black - orange, blue -orange Ego -Superid.
    if simply bright: red and pink - Superego -Ego
    red -yellow -green - Ego- Id.

I would assume that the favourite colour -must be the one from the Ego Block. Preference of a second colour may reflect subtype. For example, INTJ who likes blue and green - will be INTJ -intuitive subtype- because blue is closer to green - they are in the same Child block. The counscious of this INTJ will be less developed than of the INTJ who will prefer purple/violet colour as number 1 colour - logical subtype. We may expect intuitive INTJ to be more childish in behaviour or attitude.

That INTJ who prefers blue to purple as the result will be closer to INTP in the sense that he will be more concerned with his persona rather than social regulatons. It could be a permanenet or temporarily feature. At the moment it is difficult to say. If INTJ is under stress and depression - he may see it more naturally to prefer blue.

ESFP who does not like yellow as a base function - and goes for red instead - could be regarded as ethical or emotional subtype. If we would decide to present the functions in colour we would use the same shapes but the colour for bothe would be different.

I see the clear logic behind it. The preference of the second colour will be only different as regards to the creative function. The shift in colour must go in a motion of a positive swastika: from right to left, like in the wheel Life. That means, we shall never get INTJ who will like pink or red, because these colours represent completely different dimension -feelings.
    WE can have INFPs who likes red - emotional sybtypes and those - who does not like red -intuitive subtypes. But we shall not have INFPs who will come out with orange ot violet - because it is logiccal colours/functions. If we shall continue like that we may be able describe types and colours. Can anybody systemise it in a nice way? Why should I do evrything myself ? Is anybody out there with good systemic skills?
    I think we progress slowly but surely - it sounds sensible to me.
    Can you imagine that shift of the colours in a circle can under certain circumstances to move in a negative direction?
    Here I need some information in order to be able to systemize this...thing.

First of all: you're trying to associate subtypes to different color preferences, right? If so, do you want to associate types to color preferences, too?

For example, let's suppose you don't know the type of person A. You ask person A - What's your favourite color? - Person A replies "X". Do you think you can deduce the type of person A from the preference for color X?

Or you think you actually need to know a priori which type is person A, and the color can identify wether person A has a preference for his base or creative function?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yes

The idea is that you can and you should be able to identify the type by preferred colour or even by element,

ID - Life loving individul with healthy insticnts, joy but also power over material world (gold, yellow, green -can be mixture of this colours producing shades).

Ego - strive for independancy, leading and self control, power of emotion
    (red, orange and shades)

Superego - other directed, self sicrifce, obedience to authority/God (pink, purple, violet)

Superid - dependency and being infantile, sensitivity to pressure, escape into a phantasy, non-reality, non-resistance, dream, "comfortably numb": (indigo/naivy blue, blue).

The favourite colour will be in one of the leading blocks/elements: ID, Ego, Superego, Superid. The theory says that people will name the colour of their base function froim their Ego block. Their second choice of colour will be associated with ther creative function from their Ego block.
    Reality is not that simple though.
    1. People may give you colours not in the right order simply because their creative function is stronger than base function, they use more of creative function. For example, ESFP and ENFP have come out with pink as their favourite colour. However, second choice was different: ESFP -red, ENFP -green.
    2. People may give 2 colours either from Id + Superego and Ego + Superid - clear types. Or they can give you from Ego + ID and Ego + Superego - subtypes. Or whic is also possible they will only name two colours from the same Block , fro example, pink and purple. Which will tell us that their base function is much stronger than their creative and this again would indicate - subtype.

At the moment I would be interested to create a chart - a colourful wheel showing all rainbow colours plus functions. We could have two feel chart by the inside wheel (the core) showing mixture of the opposite colours (opposite dimensions). Later we could create a peace of art showing shades as well.

We could make a computer test by asking to choose the colour and suggest the psychological type for example or what is more interesting to put on the chart different types to see what types have got what preferences in colour so taht we learn to understand the differences in preferences of the colour. for example the ESFp who likes pink will be different from ESFP who like burgundy. We need to understand how colour relate to types. Potentially it will lead us to a new better version of intertype relationship theory. Who is willing to help me?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Superid -Id dimension

I just have met lady whose colours where in the Superid - Superego range Blue and purple. I told her what the colours mean - to what blok they relate and it looks like it works great. So if you can not guess the colours of the person - let them name colours and explain what they mean - and then think why Superid + Superego dimension, how people of this dimension differ from those of the other 3 dimensions?

May be the root from general to more detail will bring more light.
    we also need to find out - is it possible to extract rationality/irrationality dimension; logic -ethic dimension, sensorics -intuition. The theorry makes suggestions but there is a lot of things which are not crystal clear yet.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Blue

To understand better the colours - we can start with blue.

I would like to ask questions:

Why is death associated with Black or blue in the history of art? I mean that some pintings show Jesus in red clothes and some in blue? Red symbolises Life and blue -Death.

Why is water associated with blue/ turqouse?

Why has Jesus buptised people in the river?

Why has Jesus dumped demons also in the river?

Why do you like or not like blue and what are your personal associations with this colour? Any preferable shades, dark or light?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever I think about colors, I think about which color I rather wear. I can't look at colors as just colors.

Black & Red are my favorites.
    I also like pink and lavender and beige.
    INFP

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Analyse colours

I have noticed the difference between infps. INFPs have got powerful emotions -strong creative - that is why they like red - this is common to all (?) INFPs. Some INFPs can be percieved as more extraverted - they bring lots of (prefer black?), the other INFPs - do not show their but do like to have control over their lifes and protect themselves from intervention of others into their life (prefer blue?). Some are very introverted - they prefer blue to black.

Dreamer, how introverted are you and how red colour is expressed in your feelings and behaviour? Can you relate to what I am saying or it does not make sense?

Your other colours come from the block Superego which means that you are a romantic person and obedient to atuhority to a certain degree and other -orientated. But I could consider your dimension are more self -centred Superid - Ego, it does not mean that you are selfish or anything like that. The focus on yourself is the perspective from which you see things. That is why it is easier for some people like ou to consider what colour they were rahter than to consider colours in abstract terms.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Olga
    Why do you like or not like blue and what are your personal associations with this colour? Any preferable shades, dark or light?
    Blue soothes my agitated feelings. Especially if it is with a grayish. greenish tinge. If it is a brilliant blue, then it is slightly energizing as well. If it is a darker blue, then it has a... sense of... depth to it.

(As for the associations w/ death, maybe because of the bluish circles around the eyes or such.)
    (Also maybe because of associations with the sky, which some people associate with the "heavens", which some people associate w/ God, angels, an afterlife, whatever, which is, usually associated w/ death. )
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast