Thread: The Dog Whisperer

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Dog Whisperer

First of all, the show is great. It's hilarious, and there is actually some really good information in it too.

What type is Cesar Millan?

video clips

blog
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I watch that guy religiously. I'd be really surprised if he wasn't ISTj.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You're being ASSERTIVE."

"Hey, quit it!"
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I misquote it? :/
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to see it!!!

Any other guesses on his type? I get a logical vibe from him, but peter is leaning toward ethical. My initial reaction was ISTp... but now I don't know why I thought that. Anyways...
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my initial reaction was that he looks like that rather feminine ISFp guy on the vilnius school of sotsioniki pages.

ISTj might work, too.

i'm between those two types!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol just this morning peter and I agreed that he's prolly ISFp

peter asked me once if I'd date him... we ask eachother stuff like that... I often answer, "no, but I'd totally hang out with that person and be like, best friends or something" In Cesar's case, I was like "HELL NO!!! I don't think I could even spend a lot of time around that guy... I still love the show, though"
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm kind of cracking up here

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!!!
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't get me wrong, he's cool at hell, and I totally respect him... he's just someone I know I couldn't spend a lot of time around
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall

By the way, anyone see that south park episode with him in it? The one where he trains Cartman?
    pretty hilarious

YES AND IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!

lolololol

the nanny parts were funny too

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I downloaded the epsiode and peter and I watched it last night. it was hilarious! they stuck so close to character with him. and the show made a really good point about why it's so difficult to be a single parent.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj for sure
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not far off of my typical image of an ISFj ethical subtype. Reminds me of my English teacher.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you seen the show or do you mean by VI in photos?
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Dog Whisperer

I saw a marathon of this show one day a year or two ago. (I didn't post any videos, but if you type in Dog Whisperer or Cesar Millan into Youtube it will pull up tons of video examples.)

Anyway, a lot of what he does seems oriented to me... as though what the dogs respond to is . (Also this reminds me of a thread posted earlier about animals and IM elements... where the ponderance of types might have more "animal magnetism" came up.)

Right now I've noticed this as an inclination of my mind to want to move into connecting it. But I don't know that would be wise.

Being assertive or confident after all is NOT (necessarily).

Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IM FRIGGIN OBSESSED WITH THE DOG WHISPERER!

im thinking myself cuz he tells those bitches whose boss haha
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    IM FRIGGIN OBSESSED WITH THE DOG WHISPERER!

im thinking myself cuz he tells those bitches whose boss haha
    yeah, i'm not opposed to him being beta ST at all.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I've found the Dog Whisperer to be a helpful show. I really like how it focuses on correctly interpretting the dog's behavior and feelings rather than personifying it...

And I used the "calm and assertive" technique with a barking dog one day, and it worked! It stopped barking and assumed a staring up at me, wagging its tail state.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Yes, I've found the Dog Whisperer to be a helpful show. I really like how it focuses on correctly interpretting the dog's behavior and feelings rather than personifying it...

And I used the "calm and assertive" technique with a barking dog one day, and it worked! It stopped barking and assumed a staring up at me, wagging its tail state.
    does calm and assertive go hand in hand with SLE?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think so or don't know?... the Dog Whisperer himself uses that as his motto about how to interact with dogs. Because they sense if you are not calm and assertive and then they start trying to assume the alpha role for you... this isn't because they necessarily want to, but because dogs are apparently wired to think that someone needs to fill the alpha role, so if you're not doing it - they will (after all its necessary for the survival of the pack for someone to be in charge - which is how wolves behave in the wild). That leads to a lot of problems because the dog is in charge (not you). By being calm and assertive it reassures the dog that you have the alpha role taken care of and it can relax and let you be in charge (which on the show, that's often what the dog wants anyway). See it's weird because it seemed that most dogs don't want the alpha position in a world defined by humans and human rules (that they don't understand).
    not to say that kids are akin to dogs......but, that's really what kids want and need to. as i take the alpha role that way with them, they can relax in the security of knowing that things are taken care of that way and then go about being and doing their own thing...

it's not that i want to be "in charge" really, but i do want my kids to know that there is a security with me that way so they can feel free to go about being themselves without fear. and a part of what i do is as they grow older, instill that same confidence IN THEM so they carry it with them and then don't need me as they go out into the world.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, I agree with Millan probably being Beta ST (SLE>>>LSI). But... it's that the way he interacts with dogs makes it seem like dogs themselves are very + (because it works, they respond well to +). The other thing I seem to notice with dogs is .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cats on the other hand (at least domestic ones) don't seem to identify the "alpha role". Cats outside do have territorial systems with each other and a sort of status hierarchy. But they don't act in packs as dogs do... and they are solitary and more individualistic. So if one "tries to assume the alpha role" with a cat, it may not go over so well. The cat can be trained to do as one says... but it's in a different way. Cats don't think someone needs to fill the alpha role and don't seem to have such an instinctual concept of an alpha role (in the way dogs do).

Dogs do seem sort of + . Someone has to be in charge of the pack. There are rules about the heirarchy in the pack.

Cats seem more delta-like (at least domestic ones - cats who live in groups by nature, like lions might be very different) in that they behave in an independent manner and don't seem to appreciate shows of .
    i agree, this is how my two kitties are.

when my cat was pregnant, she was the queen alright. my friend saw her as a High Priestess in another life. she didn't want control over the rest of us, more like she just was the queen as she walked around strutting her stuff.

my baby, at 12mos now, loves to go up and touch the kitties, but they bat back at her. they don't like her touching them, she's not gentle about it.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI > SLE, imo
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post

ure just jealous that u cant get dogs to obey u
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehehehe LSI then says machintruc?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehehehe LSI then says machintruc?
    Not necessarily. But I noticed that he strangely resembles Stalin. He can still be SLE. Sometimes, SLE's look like LSI's.

Except that Cesar has a flat nose, which is more characteristic of SLE.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I don't care about the shape of his nose. Rationality > irrationality, IJ > EP.
    SEE