Thread: How do you dress?

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I get that too! I got "filipino" from my Chinese hairdresser, the prick... my grandma used to tell me I'd never find a husband because I was too dark and my feet are too big. (They're size 6, lol.)
    I envy how easily some asians can tan. I am as pale as paper and burn easily. Not attractive ...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always been a dark asian (more like olive.. i'm actually half, and still get this skin). I've seen some Chinese like that though.. I think it's mostly Han Chinese that are a bit lighter than others. Most of my Asian family is Thai or Southern Chinese and a little more tan.
    Last edited by stray; 06-05-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundaneday View Post
    I envy how easily some asians can tan. I am as pale as paper and burn easily. Not attractive ...
    Nah....There are many Asians who are really into skin whitening.....I guess the grass always looks greener on the other side.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, in some Asian countries, lighter skin signified higher class - it meant you didn't toil in the sun. Maybe this reasoning is gone in some people, but the desire carried over, as a general cultural practice.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue jeans and a T-shirt (or button-down shirt), usually dark, sneakers or boots, and a necklace (I have a beaded one my dad bought me and one with al eather pendant). I usually don't wear more accessories than that (watches, etc.), because I always end up losing them.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T-shirt, jeans and then put on some mad kicks. Nice and simple don't have to worry about being too fashionable, although i am going to try to work on my fashion sense over the summer. Gonna try to mix in some hong kong and american styles to my liking with the help of my cousins.

But y'know poli is seriously making dress up into something complicated, allmost looked like you're getting foked in the ass or sumthing.
    Beta NF - E-(6w5), 9w1, 4w5 sp/sx

How I dress seems mostly dependent on what mood I'm in when I wake up, so it's anywhere from jeans and a t-shirt or hoodie when I'm depressed to lace and floofy skirts when I'm feeling cheerful. Modesty also matters to me less and less as I get older. I'm covered up in winter because I hate being cold, but during the summer I'll leave the house in the bare minimum of clothing required to keep me from getting arrested if it keeps me comfortable.

So, I guess I don't really have a fashion, per se. I just wear what strikes my fancy/meets my needs for that particular day.

I'm loving all the commandos in this thread. As far as feeling paranoid about having an unfurnished basement goes, if anyone can tell you're not wearing underwear, they're probably paying way too much attention to your crotch.

TIM
    LSI- Se 6w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wardrobe is made up mostly of classical black pieces that could be worn at the office or worn out depending on how I accessorize.

I like particular cuts that are flattering to my hour glass figure and don't tend to stray away from that. I do like jewelery so I tend to use my black outfit as a kind of background for my jewelery and focus the attention on that and my bold black and red makeup.

Recently I was in Kansas City visiting friends from PersonalityNation/PersonalityCafe and was asked not to 'look so goth' so I went out and bought plaid shirts and jeans... it was pretty lulsy but it was worth the laugh.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eliza View Post
    iei ere uhmmm..

I dont like make up, i usually wear abit cause im self-conscious and sometimes i think im ugly.

I don't like anything overly girly like floral prints or frills. I like alot of sporty chic stuff, sweats and jeans, jeans and more JEANS, I like wearing stripes, and solid vibrant colours.

I'd love to dress well all the time and express myself through clothes.

I dont really like waering skirts, sometimes I might wear a dress though. I dont wear heels, i think its stupid to try to walk in them and I cant.

I dont follow any trends, I try to buy all classic peices, that look good on me.

I'm very sensitive to scratchy bad quality materials and I would rather pay more than wear em.
    same but I've gotten a lot girlier over the years. I do wear skirts and pink sometimes now. LOVE jeans. I wear more make-up than I used to because I found a brand that's really natural and makes my face look flawless without that "I'm obviously made up" look. For evening, I do up my eyes more. I used to wear only basic (yet up-to-date and cute) shoes but lately I've branched out a lot. Now I own a pair of red patent leather four-inch heels (and I'm 5'10" without any shoes on). lol I figure, life is short and in 15 or 20 years I really won't want to be wearing heels at all. Do it now while it's still relatively comfortable.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dress comfortably, and am not too obsessed with fashion. I quite dislike clothes shopping and much prefer to shop for books, but shopping for clothes is a necessary evil. I enjoy it when shopping on the internet over going to a brick and mortar store. There are benefits to trying on clothing then and there but meh. Sweaters and jackets are quite common in my wardrobe, especially when wearing a T-shirt out and not wanting to be too high on the casual scale.

I will try to look decent when going to a job or an occasion. I wear a lot of blues and purples (surprise surprise.) Maybe some floral patterns or peasanty outfits here and there. To be expressive, I wear T-shirts with my favorite shows/sayings I find funny on them. For example "If the hat fits, wear it" with a witch's hat. Kind of cheesy, I know.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Humanist and Actor Christian Bale's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To the right.

To the left is probably a sign of some deviancy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12