Thread: ENFps and INFjs do you cook?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    What's a good Vietnamese meal that's easy to prepare?
    That's easy... pho!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still can't stop laughing. Mr Cyrano, you're a legend.
    I knew you would get it. ISTps rule!
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Hot dogs.
    blow to the loe

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew you would get it. ISTps rule!
    I got it too.

i.e. Vietnamese ppl eat dogs, and serve them hot. I dont know, do they really?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I got it too.
    Of course you did. ENFps rule!
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot dogs.
    y=(r^3)/r

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I got it too.

i.e. Vietnamese ppl eat dogs, and serve them hot. I dont know, do they really?
    idk about Vietnam, but they do it in Korea (I had an uncle who spent some time there).
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy to prepare? Define that. lol

You could try bahn mi...

http://wanderingchopsticks.blogspot....barbecued.html

Crock pot pho?

http://wanderingchopsticks.blogspot....ef-noodle.html

Bun is pretty easy.. you can use frozen spring rolls and leave out the meat. In which case, it's just a bunch of chopping and making the sauce.

http://wanderingchopsticks.blogspot....m-cha-gio.html

Fried rice?

http://wanderingchopsticks.blogspot....how-style.html

Hm.. maybe I'll make Vietnamese food this week..
    IEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestions, tiny_dancer.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Too much fat and too much bread. Looks like a lame excuse for a sandwich, though it might taste better than it looks. I don't know. I think I'll pass, anyways.

Crack pot hoe kinda looks nice, but all that meat throws me off. Oxtail, yuck.

Bun is pretty easy.. you can use frozen spring rolls and leave out the meat. In which case, it's just a bunch of chopping and making the sauce.

http://wanderingchopsticks.blogspot....m-cha-gio.html
    I like this one.

This seems nice, too. Definitely looks worth giving it a try.

Hm.. maybe I'll make Vietnamese food this week..
    Keep us posted, if possible.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good bahn mi is freakin' amazing. There's a place here that sells them for $2.50, and before I tried them I was skeptical. But they're far and away the best sandwich I've ever had.

But I have no idea what that particular recipe tastes like. It all depends on the marinade.
    IEE

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Too much fat and too much bread. Looks like a lame excuse for a sandwich, though it might taste better than it looks. I don't know. I think I'll pass, anyways.
    It's awesome, one of the best sandwiches out there. And the pickled veggies are killer. You don't have to get a fatty ones, there's steak variety and chicken variety. The bread is not too much in fact it's one of the most important part of the sandwich. It's light airy and totally not dense, it's made with a mix of wheat and rice flour. It's just about the best sandwich bread ever.

Put a fried egg on that and it's .

The special versions usually contain pate, headcheese and etc so not everyone likes it, if you're not adventurous, stick with roast pork/steak/chicken.

Vietnamese food is highly refined and contain a lot of wonderful ingredients, french cooking techniques with South Asian ingredients. There's a lot to like about it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so I just found out that

swai

is Vietnamese / Asian catfish, sort of. Iridescent Shark?

Anyone have any experience with it? Apparently, "Basa" or something like that is more favorable in Vietnam, so, they export their Swai to other countries like the USA.

I wonder how it tastes... I'll find out tomorrow. . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Cooking takes too much energy and too much foresight. When I'm hungry I want food now. When I'm not it's the last thing on my mind.

I like cooking with someone so that a. they can have the foresight to initiate it before we're starving, b. they can help me/walk me through it, and c. it becomes a fun social activity.
    Agreed. If someone asks me if I like cooking I will usually tell them that I prefer baking. Baking tends to be simpler for me and the payoff is greater--sweets! I would have someone else cook every meal if I could (except breakfast, where I usually just make cereal or eggs or something simple). I don't like the time and effort involved in cooking and I'm pretty bad at experimenting with flavor; I have to follow recipes because I don't want to mess anything up. Maybe if I was better at cooking I wouldn't mind it so much, but as far as I'm concerned, the best part about cooking is not so much the food but spending time creating something yummy with someone you love.
    EII/INFj

OVE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphanous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Cooking takes too much energy and too much foresight. When I'm hungry I want food now. When I'm not it's the last thing on my mind.

I like cooking with someone so that a. they can have the foresight to initiate it before we're starving, b. they can help me/walk me through it, and c. it becomes a fun social activity.
    Agreed. If someone asks me if I like cooking I will usually tell them that I prefer baking. Baking tends to be simpler for me and the payoff is greater--sweets! I would have someone else cook every meal if I could (except breakfast, where I usually just make cereal or eggs or something simple). I don't like the time and effort involved in cooking and I'm pretty bad at experimenting with flavor; I have to follow recipes because I don't want to mess anything up. Maybe if I was better at cooking I wouldn't mind it so much, but as far as I'm concerned, the best part about cooking is not so much the food but spending time creating something yummy with someone you love.
    I used to think this way until I took cooking classes from my dad.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love to cook creatively, and randomly. I hate routine cooking, and I despise dishes.

I enjoy trying to make the recipes faster (cutting corners), healthier, and tastier (adding spices and herbs and things).

I almost always just make up the recipe as I go, adding things here and there. And it does turn out very tasty!

For instance, I was taught to make mashed potatoes by 1) washing potaoes/peeling them all -- takes forever! 2) chopping them up into cubes -- takes forever! 3) boiling them 4) draining them using a collander -- which is difficult to do, and then you have to wash the collander 5) mashing using a potato masher, etc...-- who even has a potato masher?

I simplified that to 1) wash off skin well 2) boil the heck out of it (whole, just throwing the whole potatoes in the water). 3) keep boiling it until it completely falls apart (easier to mash). 4) removing the whole potatoes from the water w/ a spoon (no collander or burning myself needed) 4) mashing it w/ a fork. Then I add in healthier herbs that taste better (non-fat plain greek yogurt instead of cream of milk, some olive oil instead of butter, and chopped up and sauted garlic (in some olive oil) for flavor, w/ some fresh chopped up herbs, a ton of fresh pepper, and just a tiny bit of salt for taste -- and these things are soo tasty!! Keeping the skins on is also healthier.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    instead
    Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    butter
    Blasphemy!!!
    It takes the same. And, it won't kill you. Unlike bad fats.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use butter. Olive oil gives me heartburn. And as a person with overactive bile production, I need fat. Actually, everyone needs fat in their diet in moderation-- saturated fat included. My 2c.

Interesting mashed potato method, jewels I agree peeling and dicing is a pain. I usually bake the potatoes, then scoop the pulp out of its peel and mash. I put the peels aside to eat separately.

Anyway, your entire cooking method is so similar to mine. Wanna get together sometime and go crazy in the kitchen?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do enjoy cooking. I've made chili and tacos before, and other dishes. There was one time when I made chicken marsala, and I've also made Shepherd's pie before. Having a good cook book, or knowing where to get the best recipes on the internet really helps. I'm a pretty big foody too. I'm not a very experienced cook, but it's an area that I intend to improve in. I do like to experiment and get creative when I do get the chance to cook.

One thing I do love is baking though, and I do it for special occasions and holidays. I like making monkey bread, which is the signature thing I make. It's very easy to make, and fun.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No not really. I cook because I don't want to have a horrible diet/money etc., but I find it a pain to have to cook a lot. I'm no chef lol, but I hope to improve. My internal cookbook is very lacking. I've thrown shit together at times to see what works, and sometimes it turns out good! Sometimes...

I am very appreciate of a man who can cook and enjoys doing it : D. I have a lack of confidence about sharing my cooking, but I will do it from time to time to keep the scales balanced.

My breakfast right now was decent, fried potato slices and eggs...over easy? I don't even know. I've compiled things people I've lived with have taught me over time, recipes I guess/combinations to help me.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII here, and no I don’t like cooking. I don’t have much interest in it and my food ends up tasting, well, not so good. Maybe if it tasted better I’d cook more often.
    My IEE sister, however, and both my IEE exes love to cook

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b-but cooking is FUN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12