Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're all soooo selfish. If I we're in their position I would be much more tolerant to give myself away.

I think the Starks are mostly lowlife idiots who don't have a rational and conscientious bone in their body. The others are much more sensible for outwitting them.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    I think stupidity and pride can be the Stark flaws. They just weren't particularly selfish. Except maybe Catelyn, if she counts. Anyway, I think anyone would disagree about the pride/stupidity of the Stark paterfamilias.
    For some reason, I get the impression humanity devalues pride politically and equates it with stupidity, while valuing selfishness; there's something about being selfish without pride that says "I'm not going to be arrogantly stupid, but I'm also not going to let you walk all over me." Maybe that's what makes Tyrion's character so adaptable and easy for people to identify with.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    They're all soooo selfish. If I we're in their position I would be much more tolerant to give myself away.

I think the Starks are mostly lowlife idiots who don't have a rational and conscientious bone in their body. The others are much more sensible for outwitting them.
    Not sure if trolling...but

What in the world gave you the idea that the Starks are lowlifes? Eddard went against having the king's bastard child killed and was willing to admit guilt to something the king had not even agreed to "for the good of the realm" and his family. He protected John Snow and found it hard to do things that were dishonorable or selfish. He was too hesitant and scrupulous with politics; he's definitely stupid, but...
    John Snow befriended that fat kid even though it probably wasn't a good political move at the time and seems generally well-meaning towards everyone.
    Catelyn is a lot like a more chivalrous Tyrion.
    I hope to see how Robb Stark is developed in the second season.

Lowlife seems best fit for Joffrey, if anyone. He's pretty much proven to be a textbook psychopath at this point. And maybe even Varys; that dude is one creepy fuck.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like EIE for Viserys way better than ILE. I don't see how he values Ne rather than Se.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gambit View Post
    What in the world gave you the idea that the Starks are lowlifes? Eddard went against having the king's bastard child killed and was willing to admit guilt to something the king had not even agreed to "for the good of the realm" and his family. He protected John Snow and found it hard to do things that were dishonorable or selfish. He was too hesitant and scrupulous with politics; he's definitely stupid, but...
    John Snow befriended that fat kid even though it probably wasn't a good political move at the time and seems generally well-meaning towards everyone.
    Catelyn is a lot like a more chivalrous Tyrion.
    I hope to see how Robb Stark is developed in the second season.

Lowlife seems best fit for Joffrey, if anyone. He's pretty much proven to be a textbook psychopath at this point. And maybe even Varys; that dude is one creepy fuck.
    I agree mostly. The whole thing was supposed to be obvious sarcasm. I personally can't see how any of the Starks are actually 'stupid' when compared to any of the other characters, or how any of them are more selfish than you or me. I find Eddard and Tyrion to be the most rationally minded characters in this season, whom have a run of bad luck and the forces of evil against them. Ned more so as he makes himself a target because of his forthrightness and honesty, them leading different lives and handling things their own way (both opposite quadra). Ned is not the best at reading people, but he's rational and just, knowledgeable and certain in it, and I think if he were king he would be one of the greatest, surely more than any other character. Not everyone will call that intelligence though, because they think you need to know how to lie, manipulate, and do good for yourself etc. Yeah of course people wonder 'oh if only he was smarter.'

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I like EIE for Viserys way better than ILE. I don't see how he values Ne rather than Se.
    Nah not Se quadra, just power-hungry b*7chiness, if we're talking about the one in movie. The Betas actually disowned him early on because he showed no respect for Se. He has no skill in Fe like Tyrion does, who also is obviously EJ. Try to picture how much more someone like Tyrion fits with Jorah (Beta rationals), and Daenerys and Drogo (irrationals), rather than someone like Viserys who stands out like a sore thumb and sucks badly at ethical matters and reading people. The former is what Betas look like.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Nah not Se quadra, just power-hungry b*7chiness
    I thought this was EIE's primary means of influence... complaining, HA.

if we're talking about the one in movie. The Betas actually disowned him early on because he showed no respect for Se. He has no skill in Fe like Tyrion does, who also is obviously EJ. Try to picture how much more someone like Tyrion fits with Jorah (Beta rationals), and Daenerys and Drogo (irrationals), rather than someone like Viserys who stands out like a sore thumb and sucks badly at ethical matters and reading people. The former is what Betas look like.
    Tyrion is an irrational, he's quick on his feet, adaptable, mobile and tend to go with the flow of the situation. He really doesn't want to do much except read books, enjoy his money and avoid responsibility. However when given responsibility he is conscientious and responsible. IMO he's polr like his brother Jaime, these two characters are as different as night and day outwardly, but inside they're very similar(as in look-a-like relations). IMO, this is one of the reasons these two are pretty close to each other. Their two defining traits are their desire to be loved by someone(Jaime by Cersei), Tyrion has the whole wife issue. They're both suspicious of authority and do not care much for honor and appearances, Tyrion is the imp while Jaime is Kingslayer. Also despite all the good things Tyrion and Jaime do, they are always seen as villians and monsters by others.

Viserys is pretty much the perfect example of pathetic HA seeking EIE, as is Joffery. They're overly concerned with respect and entitlement and seek every opportunity to make it known what their station in life is. As far as Betas fighting other Betas, this is kinda of the norm.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viserys is an id person. He's a spoiled nasty little brat (only that makes him sound harmless, which he isn't) and that's why he was "disowned." He is a child wailing about how he wants to be king and he would obviously make a very cruel and foolish sort of king were he to ever be one. I think that most people (regardless of quadra) would not respect him. I'm not sure that he is poor at ethical matters. He does seem to be pretty melodramatic and wails about how he feels (i.e. me me me and what I want or demand) and is so narcissistic that I doubt he notices much about others and their feelings (unless it somehow pertains to him). Being so self-centered he probably misses some things going on around him (information that he would benefit by). He also acts rashly off of his immediate feelings. He feels insecure in general and impotent and counters it with a swollen sense of self-importance or pride. It's just the little world that he lives in. And it seemed in the series others were willing to tolerate him until he so significantly (and yes, disrespectfully) stepped out of line. In his own self-important reality he didn't perceive himself to be in any danger. No one would ever harm one such as himself--one so great and important. They would not dare.

Back to ethical matters, he does spend time scrutinizing others in silence so as to determine how things will impact him. For instance he noticed that Jorah backs Dany rather than himself and that Jorah also has feelings for her (I'm not sure of Jorah's type... I thought about LSI and think he's Ti or Te leading). He was also scrutinizing Jorah when he first showed up to give Dany gifts at her wedding. I see him as probably someone who pays attention to all the "players" and possible threats to his "power," who is capable of scheming and back-stabbing to secure his position. I think he also began becoming aware that Dany was a threat and that he had underestimated her (and he noticed her alliance with Jorah didn't bode well for him). During the ceremony when Dany ate the heart, Viserys finally noticed that the tide was very much against him and that he was in no real position of power at all (his delusions gave way and a little reality seeped in); that he wasn't exactly faking it until he made it (that he was caught in his image of being a highly important and powerful person and this was a far cry from reality). Then of course he fell into a melancholy and began feeling very sorry for himself (and I should add that he probably felt very threatened and this fed into his paranoia). But he couldn't let it go, he had to make a final show against Dany, to defeat her once and for all... to impetuously demand that promised him--that which he felt entitled to. So empowered once again by his delusions he returned to do just that--to make his stand. Of course being neurotic in addition to all his other problems, he never had much of a chance of reading the situation or getting anything he wanted... but it was another of his rash actions driven by an emo state and there was no reasoning with himself.

Anyway it's unfortunate how he became this small little narcissist. And none of this gets to it. But I don't see it as not working with EIE and Se HA. I personally think an LSI (a miraculous one who could tolerate his presence) would really be a help to Viserys, someone who can cut through his emotional fits with cold reason. I kind of see logic rather than ethics as his deficit. Also I mean if he had Fe HA I think he would do more to try to get others to like or admire him (to elicit Fe from them)--and of course might do a rather poor job of it and then feel like an idiot leaving him a little more vulnerable in that regard. But that's not what he wants--he wants everyone to agree with him that he's powerful and important so that this will never be questioned again.
    Last edited by marooned; 03-06-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hkkmr and Loki:
    Sure I agree Jeoffry and Viserys are both like spoiled and irrational children, and make an attempt to be melodramatic and get what they want, albeit hardly effectively. I personally don't understand such motives at all, but from what I can see they aren't Fe doms. Fe doms are like Tyrion, they show a high personability, pride themselves in reading and responding to the inner motives of people and work to show an exemplary command and mastery of their emotions over people, acting how they find appropriately by them by their own rational reason. This doesn't mean rationalizing what they want and then completely avoiding the ethical problems, it's almost the exact opposite. Although suave and variable, he shows no sign of being EP temperament. His brother Jaime on the other hand makes no where close as such attempts and feats on the raw humanistic end of the spectrum.
    Last edited by 717495; 03-06-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't watched the parts of the series with Tyrion yet.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

hkkmr and Loki:
    Sure I agree Jeoffry and Viserys are both like spoiled and irrational children, and make an attempt to be melodramatic and get what they want. I personally don't understand such motives at all, but from what I can see they aren't Fe doms. Fe doms are like Tyrion, they show a high personability, pride themselves in reading and responding to the inner motives of people and work to show an exemplary command and mastery of their emotions over people. Although suave and variable, he shows no sign of being EP temperament. His brother Jaime on the other hand makes no where close as such attempts and feats on the raw humanistic end of the spectrum.
    That's pretty much base.

I don't think Tyrion prides himself in being able to read and respond to people, he's actually horrible at this. He manipulates and such, but ILE's are described as good psychoanalysts but because they do not care about relations, are often ruthless when dealing with people. He's always misunderstood and demonized. Nobody around Tyrion likes Tyrion. They allow him around because he's smart and capable or Tyrion is paying them. Tyrion has no friends around him, he has nobody that cares about him except for Jaime. He's easily fooled by love, i.e Shae. Tyrion is the opposite of suave, he's aloof and more interested in drinking, hookers, books, than being suave. Tyrion is also written from an authorial point of view and I type George RR Martin as a alpha NT.

I really don't get what people are saying about Tyrion being good at , everyone hates him. The fact that Peter Dinklage is a charming little fellow and a good actor doesn't make Tyrion the character good at .

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't hate tyrion

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    That's pretty much base.
    Nope, Fe is an ethical function. Read about it. As much as someone gets what they want, there are rules and consequences to every game.

I don't think Tyrion prides himself in being able to read and respond to people, he's actually horrible at this.
    Whatever you say.

He manipulates and such, but ILE's are described as good psychoanalysts but because they do not care about relations, are often ruthless when dealing with people. He's always misunderstood and demonized. Nobody around Tyrion likes Tyrion. They allow him around because he's smart and capable or Tyrion is paying them. Tyrion has no friends around him, he has nobody that cares about him except for Jaime. He's easily fooled by love, i.e Shae. Tyrion is the opposite of suave, he's aloof and more interested in drinking, hookers, books, than being suave. Tyrion is also written from an authorial point of view and I type George RR Martin as a alpha NT.

I really don't get what people are saying about Tyrion being good at , everyone hates him. The fact that Peter Dinklage is a charming little fellow and a good actor doesn't make Tyrion the character good at .
    He is very charming, the actor is part of it all. He puts himself out there for people, dabbles confidently in the midst of feelings and inner intentions, knows how to handle and put on a face with people compared to most, though I think it's not uncommon for EIEs to be misunderstood and cryptic, even lonerish, though it's probably not always so--could be for any type. He is obviously an ethical dom type in his ways, but doesn't mean they're always liked by everyone. He mostly seems not to take himself too seriously partly why his family doesn't respect him or count on him for anything.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm not going to type tyrion cuz whatever but I think his skill at reading people is an important part of his character. otoh I'm reminded of the scene with him and jon by the fire on the way to the wall, and how he initiated the drinking game in the tent that involved making assumptions about people and finding out if they are true. so whatever that means in regard to his type, insight about other people is something that stands out to me about him.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    I'm not going to type tyrion cuz whatever but I think his skill at reading people is an important part of his character. otoh I'm reminded of the scene with him and jon by the fire on the way to the wall, and how he initiated the drinking game in the tent that involved making assumptions about people and finding out if they are true. so whatever that means in regard to his type, insight about other people is something that stands out to me about him.
    He's always f-ing with people and playing personal games by means of his style of perceptiveness lol. Compare to Viserys and the bathtub scene, the chick is asking him important questions and trying to emotionally connect/get inside his head, and he barely even cares about her feelings, he's just into his own physical feeling of sex and detached ego stroking, it was just average. He's not a very responsive person he's so detached, even if for that split second it kinda looked like he was 'learning' something about her and making some kinda ethical connection to her as a person. Rarely he does at all.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

it wasn't until i tried doing this that i realized how few people i actually have a type opinion about. the only ones i am really strongly behind and would defend are tyrion (EIE) and daenrys (IEI). who also happen to be my favorite characters in the show.

Starks
    Jon Snow -
    Eddard Stark - LSE
    Arya -
    Sansa- EII
    Catelyn - ESI

Lannisters
    Tyrion - EIE
    Jaime - SLE
    Cersei - LSI
    Joffrey -
    Tywin -

Targs + Barbs
    Daenyrs - IEI
    Viserys - EIE
    Drogo - SLE
    Jorah -

Barathorn
    Robert -
    Stannis -
    Renly -

Others
    Littlefinger -
    Sam -

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched three episodes and believe in doing the big think at the worst physiological time so my typings are

Boromir: LSI
    Wifey: ESI
    the imp: ENFx
    king: sle
    queeny: inxx
    twinnybro: sxe
    inbredprinceling: he's dumb and his eyes are too close together

oh and the guy that's like a rabid blond gilly I guess is eie.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thru first season

Ned: xSTj. I've got a hard time picking for him. Really tight on his principles, and not very well suited to the political shadow games in King's Landing, but at every turn he tried to do the right thing. Bad time to be a good dude, I guess.
    Catelyn: ISFj
    Rob Stark: IxTj? eeeehhhh
    Jon Snow: introverted, Si/Ne I'd guess. ISTp?
    Tyrion: ENxx. Probably my favorite character in the series. Oh wait.
    Sirio: YEAH. Definitely my favorite character in the season. Hope he shows up again.
    Tyrion's bodyguard: ISTj?
    Robert: Extraverted. I could see him as anything from SLE to SEE or EIE to ESE.
    His wife's name I can never remember: ISTj. I really hope she or joffrey dies soon or things could get even freakier.
    Jamie: ESxp
    Aria: not sure. I like her character a lot and I'm glad her father sort of supported her wanting to be different. Maybe extraverted.
    Sansa: I want to say IxFj. She reminds me a lot of one of my sisters.
    Dany: IEI works fine for me
    Her knight guy whose name I can never remember: probably ISTj, but on one hand Ne-PoLR seems slightly off. IDK, maybe it's just that I like he's a loyal dude and has a sort of when-in-rome mentality as far as different cultures go. He's another character I like a lot.
    Joffrey: he's sort of the douchebag bison character of the bunch. My pet theory is some kind of vicious ISxj/ENTj.
    Littlefinger: Tricksy hobbit. IEI?
    Eunuch: IEI? He and Littlefinger seem kinda identical to me. I'd be open to other typings, hmm, gotta think about that.
    Old Man McGee: Irrelevant.

Yeah I guess I pretty much think everyone on the show is LSI lol.

TIM
    LIE - Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are purely based on the movie:

Starks
    Jon Snow - Introverted
    Eddard Stark - LSI
    Arya - Logical
    Sansa- Ethical, Introverted
    Catelyn - ESI

Lannisters
    Tyrion - LIE (Logical > Ethical)
    Jaime - SxE
    Cersei - SEE
    Joffrey - EIE?
    Tywin - LIE

Targs + Barbs
    Daenyrs - IEI
    Viserys - EIE
    Drogo - SLE
    Jorah - LSI

Barathorn
    Robert - SLE
    Stannis - LSI
    Renly - SEE

Others
    Littlefinger - IEI
    Spider - EIE > IEI
    Sam - Alpha (ILE?)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

this site is a keeper =i

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tywin is the Te-leadingest mother I've ever seen. Beyond that I can't decide between delta and gamma.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm curious what people who have only seen the show are basing their typings of tywin on because it hasn't shown him enough for me to really form any impression.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Tywin is the Te-leadingest mother I've ever seen. Beyond that I can't decide between delta and gamma.
    I doubt it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I doubt it.
    Why is that?
    Easy Day

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm inclined to believe Robert Baratheon is EIE, not SLE. Unless I have them backward, his beta crudeness seems too sophisticated to be SLE crude.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 11-08-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is that?
    It's largely implied that his Ne is weak and it becomes obvious that is so in the War of The Five Kings.

Jump to 1:53. That line and the rest of their conversation says it all. Wiki him if you want to know more. Spoilers and stuff.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    It's largely implied that his Ne is weak and it becomes obvious that is so in the War of The Five Kings.

Jump to 1:53. That line and the rest of their conversation says it all. Wiki him if you want to know more. Spoilers and stuff.
    I could see it being both weak and valued in him. That idea doesn't completely offend me.
    Easy Day

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I'm curious what people who have only seen the show are basing their typings of tywin on because it hasn't shown him enough for me to really form any impression.
    I saw him talk to Tyrion early in the series and I got to see him talk a lot with Arya. He seems like a serious type, not really merry. Some kind of far-sighted type from when he chastised Jamie and when he talked about the psychology of the Stark guy fighting against him (I don't remember his name). I don't think he's an emotivist, inert ethics, contact logic seems more fitting than the other way around. I could see obstinate fitting him too as he seems pretty firm and settled on political divisions and groups between people (situational Fi/Te).

Signs point to ILI, but I don't know how meaningful it is to say that. It probably fits a 'relation of correction' with Tyrion being EIE (if you accept Tyrion as EIE, as I do).
    good bye

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just started watching this series and the dwarf is fucking awesome.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say he's my dual, but don't have any one specific explanation off the top of my head - since it's been a while since I watched the show.

Tywin Lannister - ESTj
    Robb Stark - ESFp
    Theon Greyjoy - INFp
    Ser Jorah Mormont - ISTj

Other than that, I agree with all these typings:

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I just finished watching the 1st season of the show. I might read the books. What I got so far:

Ned Stark - ESTj. I see that ESI is apparently a common typing for him, but this makes no sense whatsoever—his interpersonal awareness is sorely lacking, he's largely oblivious to others veiled motives, has no guile to save his own ass when need be, and seems stuck on stupid with the whole "doing the right and principled thing." The man is positively not Fi ego.
    Catelyn Stark - IXFj [I peg her as ISFj]. Seems quite protective of her family and stubbornly IJ determined in pursuit of her objectives—such as when caring for her son or tracking down Tyrion, etc. Carries herself quietly with little pomp or fanfare.
    Arya Stark - Se-ESFp. Physically grounded, with obvious EP disposition. Strong sense of self, knows who she is and does her own thing without regard for what others might think (Fi > Fe). Highly reactive against dishonesty and injustice. Demonstrates intensive attachment to loved ones (Jon Snow, her wolf-dog, sword teacher, father, etc.).
    Sansa Stark - ISFp. Her inner life isn't revealed too much in the series, but it's reasonable to assume she's Se devaluing (doesn't put up with Arya very well), is very concerned about making positive impressions (Fe), and assuring that her future life will pan out according to her fantasies (Si/Ne—emphasis on idyllic impressions rather than how things actually are in real-time).

Robert Baratheon - No clear idea on him. Nothing typological came up in the show for me, only that he was lustful, drank a lot, a bit burned out on being king, was a successful military leader, and long-time friend of Ned Stark. E8 makes sense, but I can't place his sociotype.
    Cersei Lannister - ISTj [I peg her as ENTj. she seems too Ni focused and what I'd expect from a Te dom]. Severely rigid, calculating, scheming. Doesn't so much as sneeze without it being connected in some way to political gain for her family.
    Jaime Lannister - ESTp of some sort seems reasonable, but I don't know for sure.
    Tyrion Lannister - ENFj. Quick-minded and charming, insightful of people's inner workings, possesses pragmatic political knowledge and diplomacy skills, an ability to talk his way out of anything, etc. ENTj could be a 2nd guess, but he seems too suave for that.
    Joffrey Baratheon - ENTp. Wimpy, narcissistic bitch-boy. Nuff said.

Khal Drogo - ESTp. Don't need to explain this one really, seems like everyone agrees.
    Daenerys Targaryen - IEI. Same thing above.
    Viserys Targaryen - ENTp.
    Last edited by 717495; 11-18-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say he's my dual, but don't have any one specific explanation off the top of my head - since it's been a while since I watched the show.

Tywin Lannister - ESTj
    Robb Stark - ESFp
    Theon Greyjoy - INFp
    Ser Jorah Mormont - ISTj

Other than that, I agree with all these typings:
    Out of curiosity, why do you think ESTj over ENTj? Just cause of the duality you sense? I mean, if you could half-ass an explanation even I'm sure i'd get something out of it, I've been back and fourth between those two so many times.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see LSE at all. LIE

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of curiosity, why do you think ESTj over ENTj? Just cause of the duality you sense? I mean, if you could half-ass an explanation even I'm sure i'd get something out of it, I've been back and fourth between those two so many times.
    I do personally sense that he's my dual as a strong impression, that he'd communicate more effectively with Deltas. But another thing that pops up without reviewing the show is S > N - he comes off more sensory conscious and immersed in his immediate environment much unlike how ENTjs are. Compare him with Cersei who I think obviously extroverts herself well (with object focus), but has the iconic indistractable detachment, something of a constant internal comprehensive process same as Tyrion. They're sort of "out of it." I think Tywin's senses are much more reactive and natural, and noticeable in all the subtle ways he orients himself to the world. He's too easily responsive to all his personal senses, finding leisure or any subtle stimulus to really pass off as -PoLR.

I think this video feels very ESTj vs ESTp (Jaime with an obvious block.) Nothing to do with "family values" which isn't Delta-related, but how they seem to contrastively orient themselves to information. Tywin is being very in his body language: self-involved without much of a concern for object orientation. If you know anything about decisive/judicious quadra energy then you can pretty easily tell he's judicious.
    Last edited by 717495; 11-19-2012 at 05:25 PM.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@polikujm
    Why do you think Tywin is an emotivist? I could see the argument for Ned, but not really for Tywin.

Why do you think Tywin is tactical? His character seems incredibly collected on what his goals are, rarely changing them whimsically as circumstances allow (contact sensing) as a tactical.

Why do you think Tywin is asking? If anything he seems very patient with people, but firm once he has listened and has something to say. Could you be confusing this with judicious? I personally find the judicious/decisive dichotomy, as well as Merry/Serious, to be somewhat misleading in typing for the less aware because different types within a quadra have different strengths. For example, decisive introverts can theoretically be in between judicious/decisive, as can be judicious extroverts. And when a type is both introverted and declaring, but are supposed to be decisive, it probably gives the wrong impression.
    good bye

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do personally sense that he's my dual as a strong impression, that he'd communicate more effectively with Deltas. But another thing that pops up without reviewing the show is S > N - he comes off more sensory conscious and immersed in his immediate environment much unlike how ENTjs are. Compare him with Cersei who I think obviously extroverts herself well (with object focus), but has the iconic indistractable detachment, something of a constant internal comprehensive process same as Tyrion. They're sort of "out of it." I think Tywin's senses are much more reactive and natural, and noticeable in all the subtle ways he orients himself to the world. He's too easily comforted in all his personal senses, finding leisure or any subtle stimulus to really pass off as -PoLR.

I think this video feels very ESTj vs ESTp (Jaime with an obvious block.) Nothing to do with "family values" which isn't Delta-related, but how they seem to contrastively orient themselves to information. Tywin is being very in his body language: self-involved without much of a concern for object orientation. If you know anything about decisive/judicious quadra energy then you can pretty easily tell he's judicious.
    Right on, ok that's a great scene. The one that sorta sold me was the one where he walks into the prison camp where everyone is getting tortured and Arya, who is disguised as a boy at the time, is about to get the block. When Tywin just basically walks in, puts everyone to work, sets Arya free, and just calls the slavers idiots for wasting valuable labor. Do you know the scene of which I speak?

EDIT: If so, what did you think of that?
    Last edited by JWC3; 11-18-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    Easy Day

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eddard Stark: LSI?

really?

He was my favorite character of them all and I was so disappointed when he died. I also love his wife, in my eyes she is everything a great woman should be. I also really enjoyed the love scenes of the Dragon queen and the barbarian. He was so hot that I still question today why he had to die?
    Anyway I love this show so much I couldn't care less what types the characters are.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right on, ok that's a great scene. The one that sorta sold me was the one where he walks into the prison camp where everyone is getting tortured and Arya, who is disguised as a boy at the time, is about to get the block. When Tywin just basically walks in, puts everyone to work, sets Arya free, and just calls the slavers idiots for wasting valuable labor. Do you know the scene of which I speak?

EDIT: If so, what did you think of that?
    Ti
    good bye

calling the slavers idiots for wasting valuable labor is usually called Te around here

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1 View Post
    calling the slavers idiots for wasting valuable labor is usually called Te around here
    Yeah, sure. It's probably stupid for me to argue one over the other, but for the sake of giving an explanation

"valuable labor" is an idea. Are they valuable labor? What are they valuable for? I guess I see Te more as noticing what specific value they have and directing that use toward a "goal". He just kind of told the slavers to use them, even though the slaves might be more trouble than they are worth.
    Tywin then assumes "worth" through an idea that they are of worth without knowing what worth they have. Either way, yeah...whatever.
    good bye

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So,

You guys really feel Joffrey fits ENTp and not INTj? He's pretty Ti/Fe obstinate and pretty much an emotivist. His Ne, as twisted as it is, seems more like a creative pursuit, something he produces. Does he fit an irrational type or a rational one? I guess I have no opinion on that since he's kind of in-between, but think LII might make more sense, especially since he's spoiled to the point that he can satiate his ego as much as he wants, making him both Se and Fi PoLR.
    good bye

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast