Thread: Gamma Examples

TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    I remember watching this video one or two years ago to figure out his type but while I did think he was an Ni dom I couldn't really figure out if he was ILI or an IEI with a normalising subtype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mwHXBn6mcM

ILI probably makes more sense overall. I just wish there was more footage to analyse.
    Not to insult the intelligence of IEI but considering the scope of his contributions to physics it's a fair bet he was a logical type.

His views on religion (found on wikipedia) were interesting and fitting of Ni dom, I can respect them and wouldn't fundamentally disagree:

In his 1937 lecture "Religion and Naturwissenschaft", Planck expressed the view that God is everywhere present, and held that "the holiness of the unintelligible Godhead is conveyed by the holiness of symbols." Atheists, he thought, attach too much importance to what are merely symbols. He was a churchwarden from 1920 until his death, and believed in an almighty, all-knowing, beneficent God (though not necessarily a personal one). Both science and religion wage a "tireless battle against skepticism and dogmatism, against unbelief and superstition" with the goal "toward God!"[40] Planck said in 1944, "As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent spirit (orig. geist). This spirit is the matrix of all matter."[41]

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1047 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Not to insult the intelligence of IEI but considering the scope of his contributions to physics it's a fair bet he was a logical type.

His views on religion (found on wikipedia) were interesting and fitting of Ni dom, I can respect them and wouldn't fundamentally disagree:

In his 1937 lecture "Religion and Naturwissenschaft", Planck expressed the view that God is everywhere present, and held that "the holiness of the unintelligible Godhead is conveyed by the holiness of symbols." Atheists, he thought, attach too much importance to what are merely symbols. He was a churchwarden from 1920 until his death, and believed in an almighty, all-knowing, beneficent God (though not necessarily a personal one). Both science and religion wage a "tireless battle against skepticism and dogmatism, against unbelief and superstition" with the goal "toward God!"[40] Planck said in 1944, "As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent spirit (orig. geist). This spirit is the matrix of all matter."[41]
    I agree with the assertion that Max Planck was a Gamma, but he VI's ESI. https://physicsworld.com/a/max-planc...revolutionary/

For what it's worth, I know two ESI's with PhD's in Physics and two with Masters degrees. One of the guys (he's a good friend of mine) looks almost exactly like Planck's picture in the following link, or he will in a few decades. The expressions are exactly the same: https://www.sapaviva.com/max-planck/

TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I agree with the assertion that Max Planck was a Gamma, but he VI's ESI. https://physicsworld.com/a/max-planc...revolutionary/

For what it's worth, I know two ESI's with PhD's in Physics and two with Masters degrees. One of the guys (he's a good friend of mine) looks almost exactly like Planck's picture in the following link, or he will in a few decades. The eyes are exactly the same: https://www.sapaviva.com/max-planck/
    To be fair, almost anyone can work their way to degrees (yes, even PhD, it's just grueling work), but I find it hard to believe a type with 1-2D intuitive and 1-2D logic functions would have revolutionarized subatomic physics.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, I know two ESI's with PhD's in Physics and two with Masters degrees. One of the guys (he's a good friend of mine) looks almost exactly like Planck's picture in the following link, or he will in a few decades. The expressions are exactly the same: https://www.sapaviva.com/max-planck/
    I really feel like you type every person as an ESI. must be a nice world to see everyone as your dual.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1047 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To be fair, almost anyone can work their way to degrees (yes, even PhD, it's just grueling work), but I find it hard to believe a type with 1-2D intuitive and 1-2D logic functions would have revolutionarized subatomic physics.
    He didn't set out to revolutionize Physics. At that time, thermodynamic calculations were predicting that the partition distribution of energy in a stable state would lead to something called the "ultraviolet catastrophe". Unlimited energy at shorter and shorter wavelengths.

Planck was screwing around with the equations for the energy distribution law and discovered that if the energy packets were discrete, rather than continuous, that the resulting energy per wavelength matched what was measured. It was a result of dogged fooling around with equations, not a brilliant insight into how the Universe works.

For a long time, he didn't believe that what he had discovered had much significance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Planck

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1047 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    I really feel like you type every person as an ESI. must be a nice world to see everyone as your dual.
    I don't see everyone as my Dual. You, for example, are not.

TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't set out to revolutionize Physics. At that time, thermodynamic calculations were predicting that the partition distribution of energy in a stable state would lead to something called the "ultraviolet catastrophe". Unlimited energy at shorter and shorter wavelengths.

Planck was screwing around with the equations for the energy distribution law and discovered that if the energy packets were discrete, rather than continuous, that the resulting energy per wavelength matched what was measured. It was a result of dogged fooling around with equations, not a brilliant insight into how the Universe works.

For a long time, he didn't believe that what he had discovered had much significance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Planck
    That's not uncommon in science, though. Plenty of the major discoveries are accidents and overlooked.
    It's clear that he's Ni/Se valuing, but I still find it hard to believe he would have been an ethical type.

In my opinion the dogged persistence, especially in attempting to unify theories, is typical of ILI.

Subsequently, Planck tried to grasp the meaning of energy quanta, but to no avail. "My unavailing attempts to somehow reintegrate the action quantum into classical theory extended over several years and caused me much trouble." Even several years later, other physicists like Rayleigh, Jeans, and Lorentz set Planck's constant to zero in order to align with classical physics, but Planck knew well that this constant had a precise nonzero value. "I am unable to understand Jeans' stubbornness – he is an example of a theoretician as should never be existing, the same as Hegel was for philosophy. So much the worse for the facts if they don't fit."[23]

Max Born wrote about Planck: "He was, by nature, a conservative mind; he had nothing of the revolutionary and was thoroughly skeptical about speculations. Yet his belief in the compelling force of logical reasoning from facts was so strong that he did not flinch from announcing the most revolutionary idea which ever has shaken physics."[1]

Planck experienced the truth of his own earlier observation from his struggle with the older views in his younger years: "A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."
    that's a really cool quote.

Power and the money, money and the power Lolita's Avatar
    TIM
    SEE-N™ LPWE 863
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What ESI sounds like; exemplifies Fi-
    I also think Mick Hucknell is ESI.

TIM
    SEE-N™ LPWE 863
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terry Crews SEE. He’s talking to another SEE and they’re in agreement that using violence to subdue others isn’t the way. That’s Se+. It’s the power to not let others push you into violence and be in control of your situation and not let it get out of hand. It’s the Fi that makes SEE wants others to feel what they feel, but they regret using violence as a vehicle. Fi+ Is forgiveness.

TIM
    SEE-N™ LPWE 863
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe Rogan and CT Fletcher both SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)