Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
I remember watching this video one or two years ago to figure out his type but while I did think he was an Ni dom I couldn't really figure out if he was ILI or an IEI with a normalising subtype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mwHXBn6mcM

ILI probably makes more sense overall. I just wish there was more footage to analyse.
Not to insult the intelligence of IEI but considering the scope of his contributions to physics it's a fair bet he was a logical type.

His views on religion (found on wikipedia) were interesting and fitting of Ni dom, I can respect them and wouldn't fundamentally disagree:

In his 1937 lecture "Religion and Naturwissenschaft", Planck expressed the view that God is everywhere present, and held that "the holiness of the unintelligible Godhead is conveyed by the holiness of symbols." Atheists, he thought, attach too much importance to what are merely symbols. He was a churchwarden from 1920 until his death, and believed in an almighty, all-knowing, beneficent God (though not necessarily a personal one). Both science and religion wage a "tireless battle against skepticism and dogmatism, against unbelief and superstition" with the goal "toward God!"[40] Planck said in 1944, "As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent spirit (orig. geist). This spirit is the matrix of all matter."[41]