Thread: Gamma Examples

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma Examples

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just wanted to centralize some old threads

Some possible ENTjs (reboot)
    Possible INTps - Take Two
    Some possible ISFjs - reboot
    Some possible ESFps

(Edited by Azeroffs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone provide any examples of Gammas..? (Celebrities preferred.) Any type of Gamma or all of the types?

I'll REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you., ladies and gents

(I'm asking to help me differentiate Gammas from other quadras, particularly alphas.)

I hope you're all well, ---Justin
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 05-30-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gammas have pretty obvious stereotypes, except for ILI which has been underrepresented in the media.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Robert Felcher, famous ILI mathematician and host:

Creepy-Korpsey

Miroslav Tichý - ILI artist/photographer

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Damnit that's an excellent photo. Definitely seems ILI, from the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Robert Felcher, famous ILI mathematician and host:

(i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    INTp - Warren Buffett
    yep, and bill gates entj.

what about ricky gervais as gamma SF?

Creepy-Korpsey

Quote Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
    what about ricky gervais as gamma SF?
    There's a good question. I'm not too familiar with him other than his recent skewering of entitled egos at that award show and his torturing of his chum (who might be ESI...???) on "An Idiot Abroad". What about him makes you think Gervais is gamma SF?

Paul Brunton gives me an ILI vibe akin to the one I felt while reading "Siddhartha" and pondering that story's sagacious boatman, Vasudeva, and his unhurried desire to teach his enlightened grasp of Being without coercion or dogmatism.

"Mind" capitalised, is Paul Brunton's modern western term for that indescribable Reality which in various traditions has been named the Absolute, the One, God, or the unfathomable Tao. This Reality cannot be grasped by our senses or intellect, but is still available to us. If we cultivate an inner seeing, or insight, we will one day discover it.

"We are not saying that something of the nature of mind as we humans know it is the supreme reality of the universe but only that it is more like that reality than anything else we know of and certainly more like it than what we call "matter," says Paul Brunton in explaining his choice of the term. The simplest way to express this is to say that Reality is of the nature of our mind rather than of our body, although it is Mind transcending the familiar phases and raised to infinity. It is the ultimate being, the highest state. This is the Principle which forever remains what it was and will be. It is in the universe and yet the universe is in it too. It never evolves, for it is outside of time. It has no shape, for it is outside of space. It is beyond man's consciousness, for it is beyond both his thoughts and sense experience, yet all consciousness springs mysteriously from out of it. Nevertheless man may enter into its knowledge, may enter into its Void, so soon as he can stop his thoughts, let go of his sense-experience, but keep his sense of being."'

Thoughts are inconceivable without mind but, according to Paul Brunton, that doesn't mean that the mind is inconceivable without thoughts. Mind has a primary existence. When it is absorbed in itself, it has no content and is indivisible, unitary. This Mind, which his our most fundamental reality, we first discover when we have withdrawn our attention from sensations, thoughts, and feelings, and directed it inwards.

"How can we be assured of the truth of insight? By the disappearance of ignorance, its opposite number; the two cannot coexist. Its truth is not an argument but an achievement. The coming of insight means that blindness has gone. The man can see where before his eyes were firmly shut by illusion. Henceforth there is that in him which fixes its gaze steadfastly on the timeless, the Real, and the Impersonal. Insight alone has the power to pronounce on the universal truth and eternal reality of existence, because it alone has the power to penetrate the world appearance and to contemplate that bliss behind it."

"It is only in the rational, balanced growth of the mind and the sympathetic heart, the disciplined body and the tranquilized nerves, the philosophic reflectiveness, mystic peace, and ultramystic insight, that one arrives at maturity and thus becomes really sane."

"When this truth is at last seen, that heaven is not a place in space but a condition of being, and that therefore it can to a certain extent be realized even before death, a feeling of joy and a sense of adventure are felt."

"If he lets this purpose penetrate his entire life, he will soon joyously feel that he is part of the eternal structure of the universe, that he fits into the idea of it at some point, and that with such a high relationship all things must work together for his ultimate good."
    Biography @ http://www.paulbrunton.org/articles/behague.php
    Last edited by Korpsey; 01-31-2011 at 01:15 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wondering if Ricky might be ESI for sometime, his humor seems blatantly Se valuing and he was a very emotionally understated yet sharp style than fits ESI, he also reminds me of Christopher Hitchens in a lot of ways (who I tentatively type ESI)

as for the oscars,his humour was based on kinda heavy personal remarks that were not made so lightheartedly contrary to previous alpha presenters (jack black?) who just did a bit of teasing here and there. of course,maybe he was asked to do it this way.
    yeah
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah on the basis of these videos gervais does seem ESI and I can see the similarity with Hitchens. Another possible ESI(Fi) male, nuno bettencourt, guitarist of Extreme:

Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I've been wondering if Ricky might be ESI for sometime, his humor seems blatantly Se valuing and he was a very emotionally understated yet sharp style than fits ESI, he also reminds me of Christopher Hitchens in a lot of ways (who I tentatively type ESI)
    I revoke my previous typing of ESI after watching some episodes of Extras, I think ILI>IEI makes more sense now
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

hey,c'mon you can't type ESIs only the females that get you off .look,that Swain girl does Fi stuff with her eyes.or not.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few of my favorite Gamma celebrities

Johnny Knoxville / Se-ESFp

Johnny Depp, Bob Dylan / Se-ISFj

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI is incorrect for Depp imo. Just by measuring how many Burton films he's been in, and how they both talk about the level of understanding between each other. It's like Scorsese/DeNiro, Mifune/Kurosawa. You couldn't have conflictors work that well together (assuming Burton is ILE... which he is).

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tim Burton seems Beta introvert, INFp perhaps. That would make Depp his benefactor, which makes sense. I'm pretty sure Johnny Depp is Se-ISFj.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Tim Burton seems Beta introvert, INFp perhaps.
    Yeah, I don't see it.

How about Marilyn Manson, who Johnny is good enough friends with to let come into his home and watch Disney movies with his daughter? Thinks he's misunderstood.. call hims a "sweet guy".

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marilyn Manson and Johnny Depp seem like very different types of people.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Marilyn Manson and Johnny Depp seem like very different types of people.
    You could be right, but they're apparently good friends anyhow. Depp at least has some of the same musical interests/directions himself. He moved to LA originally as a musician, in a punk band called the Kids. He has a band nowadays with someone even crazier than Manson: Gibby Haynes (from the Butthole Surfers), called Pee. Among others. When his original band fell apart, he fell into acting by accident.. at the suggestion of another possible ILE friend: Nicolas Cage. Cage thought Depp was a natural actor, and got him his first auditions.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Just because Cage supposedly got him an audition nearly 30 yrs ago doesn't mean they're great, close friends, you know.
    I don't think it's something in the past. There was even some tribute for Cage a few years back on TNT or something, and Johnny had a lot to say about him. Then just recently, there was some news that Cage was hit with a $5 million tax bill, and going in debt from bad management, and Johnny apparently helped "bail him out". If there's any truth to it, it sounds like a current (and good) friend to me.

What it means in socionics, I don't really care. I'm just pointing out these all-too-convenient friendships with possible ILEs. I'm embarassed to even admit knowing this People magazine shit.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straytk View Post
    What it means in socionics, I don't really care.
    Yeah, in any case, not everyone naturally has that consistent sense of inclusive identity within their quadra. I look at myself before coming to Socionics and see something similar, a natural innocence about this aspect of psychology, but I think the more well-rounded of a person you are the easier it is to find common ground with people. Most Betas have never been that fitting for me, but a few of them have a personality I naturally kind of like, like best friend of 15 years. I think Depp is like that to a lot of people, a pretty easygoing and likable guy, is respected, and probably has a lot of friends. However there are obvious levels of chemistry which can be observed about friends and if they are conflictors, or if they have a more underlying flow of chemistry. I don't really know anything about Depp and Cage as friends however. It definitely makes me want to understand more about their relationship.

yeah

Pablo de Cote Se-ESI? She appears to be quite Fe receptive though.well,she's an actress ;D

Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 04-07-2011 at 07:18 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks a lot like Salma Hayek, which I personally consider ISTj. Her character is also very ISTj imho, way too stern for an ISFj.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She does seem Fi to me. Can't see much more than that though, maybe delta > gamma imo.

imo the Fi-est pic is the second one that shows her in the character she plays (good israeli cop)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnny Depp is not ESI. good grief. can you people not see the Fe-creative in that guy? He's IXFp. and Tim Burton is ENTp.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Johnny Depp is not ESI. good grief. can you people not see the Fe-creative in that guy? He's IXFp. and Tim Burton is ENTp.
    i agree with you, redbaron.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you guys are being dumb and can't separate movie character roles from the actual actor themselves.
    i think that it's common sense that people's roles in movies don't necessarily reflect their types irl. maybe you're just trying to insult people for disagreeing with you on something.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to think it's common sense, but then sometimes I'm forced to wonder about the 'common' part.
    yeah but treating everyone like an idiot by default seems kind of lame to me. unless you think redbaron and i really are idiots, in which case you're entitled to your opinion.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see any going on with him. Unless you guys are being dumb and can't separate movie character roles from the actual actor themselves.
    He's a shy, subdued guy offscreen either way, so I wouldn't expect him to "jizz effusiveness" or something (I don't expect SEIs to be that way anyways). Sometimes he talks in a very independent way, in the sense of how the movie industry disgusted him, how it tried to take control over his image, etc.. He charted his own path, and just did what he liked. He relayed a story once about being bullied as a kid, and his mom telling him the next time it happens, to just hit the kid with a rock. So he did that.. and he used it as an illustration for the rest of his life. He's not giving in to other people's needs or something. But then, nor are SEIs. /shrug

OTOH, he seems to go out of his way sometimes to be the nice guy. I remember coming across another funny story, where he was pissed off about paparazzis snapping shots of his kids. He actually tracked one down, and literally went to his house or something.. but he didn't chastise him. He was trying to talk sense.. like he wondered why the guy couldn't do something else with his life. Kind of funny. I wish I could find the article now.

None of this is necessarily type related. I'm just airing out some random things. You don't have to treat this as if we're looking only at his movies. He's interesting enough to read about offscreen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds pretty cool and respectable of him to attempt to do. Especially considering that if it were me in that position, I assume my impulse would be to bash the guys face in.
    I know what you mean.

Only one other anecdotal relationship I'll mention: Brando. They were supposedly good friends too. Enough that the seclusive Brando was apparently calling him a lot at night, in his last days, just to bullshit about anything. Johnny has mentioned that it kind of annoyed his wife. I also remember that in some interview about Don Juan DeMarco (when they first met), Faye Dunaway went on about how Brando saw Depp as his "successor" of sorts. He looked out for him in a lot of way it seems. It didn't seem like Johnny was the supervisor. Even a little thing like this could shed light..

Hollywood star Johnny Depp refuses to discuss his personal life with reporters, ever since late movie icon Marlon Brando admonished him for talking about his daughters in a TV interview. Depp was surprised to receive an angry phone call from Brando, who died in 2004, just moments after the interview aired. He says, "I had done some television interview, and they asked about my family life and kids. I talked about how I’m a proud father and how much I love my kids and how they’re fun and what we do and how it’s great. "I was thinking that if in 25, 35 years my kids watch old footage, I’d be proud for them to see their dad saying how much he loves them. "Well, the show aired, and I get a phone call: ‘What the f**k are you doing?’ I said, ‘Marlon, what are you talking about?’ He said, ‘That’s none of their business!’ "I tried to say, ‘Marlon, listen, man, I only wanted my kids to…’ And it was like he gave me this sort of once-over. ‘You don’t do it, man. That’s your world and it’s nobody else’s business. It’s not anybody’s entertainment.’ And he was right."

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashton probably won't like this one, but I think Bradley Cooper is a gamma. Could be Beta.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cote de Pablo is hard, though I think definitely not ISFj. I'm leaning towards some Aristocratic IJ, so either ISTj or INFj.
    She kinda reminded me of Maritsa in a way, but not the bad way.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gates McFadden of Star Trek fame strikes me as Fi-ISFj.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my observations, she does have that hyper-directed look in her eyes at times that remind me of Se egos. I'm not sure what EJ she'd be if she is one. Guess I gotta turn a couple screws in my head to get back to the Ashton frequency.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh fuck, I think we're having a disagreement Galen. I'll need to tweak the mind control rays…
    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Guess I gotta turn a couple screws in my head to get back to the Ashton frequency.
    The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way Absurd, you're the only gal for me.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    No way Absurd, you're the only gal for me.
    We have to fight first, then reconcile. Okay, I'm outta here before this clogs up.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    We have to fight first, then reconcile. Okay, I'm outta here before this clogs up.
    why would you ever want to fight in a

Perfect Relationship
    ☆ミ~
    ☆ミ~
    ☆ミ~
    ☆ミ~
    ☆ミ~
    ☆ミ~
    ☆ミ~

Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast