Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamma Examples

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma Examples

Hey everyone, here are some stereotypical gamma types!! Discuss!! Enjoy!!

Male ESFP

Female ESFP

Male INTP

Female INTP

Male ENTJ

Female ENTJ

Male ISFJ

Female ISFJ

i think Francois Arnaud is LIE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these because I might be.

Matt Damon

Gamma NT. From these interviews I would say he seems much more like an INTp though he could be an ENTj.

Topher Grace

He seems completely Fe-less. Maybe INTp, just not displaying any sort of intellectual side. He definitely strikes me as intuitive. Probably not an extrovert. He just overall seems Gamma-ish to me.

Here is an example of some Gamma Kids. Some of these kids are kind of annoying but that is beside the point.

William is definitely ILI. Lia is definitely SEE. Apparently both of them get along pretty well. Marlhy is probably an ESI but im not too sure about her mainly because i'm terrible at typing ESIs. There are probably some other Gammas in there that I haven't typed yet.
    Last edited by Sumer1an; 08-08-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt Damon's ESTj; Topher Grace seems possibly IXTp, not sure which yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Matt Damon's ESTj; Topher Grace seems possibly IXTp, not sure which yet.
    Ah ok. On what grounds is he typed as an ESTj? I can see him being Ej temperament but he seems intuitive to me. My next guess for him would have been ENTj.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumer1an View Post
    Ah ok. On what grounds is he typed as an ESTj? I can see him being Ej temperament but he seems intuitive to me.
    EJ and Te/Fi is obvious enough, but I can't see ENTj for him. As I don't really see him speaking from an abstracted POV (not to be confused with speaking about abstract concepts, there's a difference here). He strikes me as terribly short-sighted and seems to be looking at present conditions in a very blunted, surface manner instead of the underlying root causes—and I'm not just saying that because I vehemently disagree with him.

Here's a good example of an ENTj (also an actor):

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ok. On what grounds is he typed as an ESTj? I can see him being Ej temperament but he seems intuitive to me.
    EJ and Te/Fi is obvious enough, but I can't see ENTj for him. As I don't really see him speaking from an abstracted POV (not to be confused with speaking about abstract concepts, there's a difference here). He strikes me as terribly short-sighted and seems to be looking at present conditions in a very blunted, surface manner instead of the underlying root causes—and I'm not just saying that because I vehemently disagree with him.

Here's a good example of an ENTj (also an actor):

Alright I see. I will have to relook at those interviews. I havent seen them in a few days. I have to admit, I completely disagree with him too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike Tiner- Bassist of All Shall Perish. He is definitely an ESFp. I have known quite a few ESFp guys he reminds me of.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topher Grace is INTj, imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehh... honestly I dont see INTj at all. He seems completely Non-Fe receptive. Especially in this interview with this stupid interviewer fooling around, though I think he is trying to be as nice as possible to the guy and at least act receptive to Fe. The way he acts in this interview is exactly how I act when I come across guys like the interviewer. Plus in this interview he displays a lot of Ni. I still type him INTp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst Trevor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sumer1an
    Ehh... honestly I dont see INTj at all.
    But you do see him as your identical. I suggest you retype yourself INTj. Also, I suggest you stop confusing Introversion with non-Fe receptiveness.
    you are right and really apart from seeing him as my identical, I see him even more as an INTp. At least I can identify his function usage easily enough. 2:51-3:00 in the clip is a good example of how Ni base manifests. He is thinking that the viewers at home do not necessarily understand that what they are talking about has to do with the film. Thats the kind of mindset I'm in all of the time. I'm thinking about what others are thinking based on the information presented to them. If that isn't related to a function or at least isnt related to Ni feel free to correct me. You haven't exactly told me how his Ti or his Ne manifests. I didn't say looking at him was like looking in a mirror. We aren't that similar. AlThough, I can easily see how I would act like him given the circumstances he is in compared to the circumstances I am in. If Im not an ILI Im an IEI. Im definitely not an LII.

Also I have no idea how you concluded that he was rational.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst Trevor View Post
    I don't even want to go into this. Let me just say 2 things and ask you one question.

#1 If Topher Grace really is INTp > INTj then 5 people who I had down as INTj go with him, including me.
    #2 Your posting history is very INTj > INTp (i've read it all, just last night).

#3 Do you also identify with these two INTjs, and do you type them INTp > INTj as well?

‪The Cape's James Frain Interview‬‏ - YouTube

‪Interview with Tom Everett Scott of "Southland" for Bostonist‬‏ - YouTube

Im not going to continue this debate simply because it's just my thoughts and evaluations against your thoughts and evaluations. Its pretty much irresolvable. I watched both videos and I dont draw enough parallels between them and topher to really say they are the same type. The top guy looks similar to him stylistically and they both speak in a similar way to how topher speaks but I dont think thats enough for a type diagnosis. I think these two actors could very well be LII apart from Topher being ILI. Maybe you are right, maybe topher is LII but I still lean more towards him being irrational.. I'd like to see others opinions on this.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna go and guess INTp for Tony Coelho:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Coelho

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warren Buffet ILI-Te
    Bill Gates LIE-Te

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Warren Buffet ILI-Te
    Bill Gates LIE-Te
    Buffet - SLI
    Gates - ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Warren Buffet ILI-Te
    Bill Gates LIE-Te
    Buffet - SLI
    Buffet as SLI actually makes more sense to me. He never came off as an ILI and I could never pinpoint anything that seemed to relate to base Ni. Ron Paul is a much more obvious example of an ILI, though it seems the only people that are typed ILI on here are above the age of 55 which is a bit of stereotypical pattern since base Ni is related to wisdom and wisdom is related to elderly people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffet as SLI actually makes more sense to me. He never came off as an ILI and I could never pinpoint anything that seemed to relate to base Ni.
    Mistyping SLIs as ILI is pretty common here; Milton Friedman and Charles Darwin are two other prominent examples of that. Apparently SLIs aren't allowed to be accomplished theorists, or something.

Ron Paul is a much more obvious example of an ILI, though it seems the only people that are typed ILI on here are above the age of 55 which is a bit of stereotypical pattern since base Ni is related to wisdom and wisdom is related to elderly people.
    There's some other ILIs listed here. Though yeah, I think most are in the >55 range, at least the males lol.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, yeah I agree with ILE and SLI. Gates is one of those introverted-esque ILEs similar to John Lennon.

It's understandable up to a certain degree if people think LIE and ILI due to the stereotypes. though neither are anything or . This happens all the time.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some INTp's with all the monotone voice and muddleheaded explinations you could ask for!

"We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not be so quick to assign MBTI intps to socionics INTps. I'm getting strong Ti vibes from the first videos.

TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I closely examined all these videos before I posted them. I'll admit that my understanding may be off but as it stands Im convinced all of these videos portray and accurate VI of ILI. The second video for example is entirely about him warning other ILI's against future danger. That's pretty much the hallmark of the ILI.

TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should also remember the ILI possesses in his super-id and seeks to establish close bonds with people. We have to remember it's not what people say about themselves but what they do that counts. And while it is uncommon for an ILi to out right give a ethical reason for an action it's not impossible especially if we are dealing with a function in the super-id

TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Rob View Post

I'm not sure about this one. I know her off another forum and she's certainly more orientated than .

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rooney Mara (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) - Fi-ISFj

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elly Jackson - ILI (singer from La Roux)

I typed on VI (very similar, visually, to Zinnia Jones, a female friend of mine, and some other ILI ginger I discovered along the interwebz, though I think it has to do with the shared gender queer and hard to pin down sexuality element).

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sinead Keenan: Te-ENTj

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ramit Sethi: Te-ENTj

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oesterreicher ENTj-mixed actor:

Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inés Efron

Granted, when I first saw her on screen, it felt as if I was seeing my own self, which I supposed helped me feel less invisible to myself. I chose this picture because I immediately was reminded of dolphin. I only know of her playing in queer Argentinian films ("The Fish Child" and "XXY) which hold atmospheres of subtle emotionalism which I personally find impossible to resist as action, gestures, and short lines of dialogue allow me to really exercise my ability to adequately detect the Fi information being presented (that would probably go unnoticed by a mind less inclined).

She portrays her characters as reserved, subdued, but has a forcefulness about her, especially in expressing sentiments through action. Her eyes are both thoughtful and alert.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oswald Spengler: meta-historian, author of The Decline of the West, ILI

Biography and description of works and thought here http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v17/v17n2p-2_Stimely.html

"Human history is the cyclical record of the rise and fall of unrelated High Cultures. These Cultures are in reality super life-forms, that is, they are organic in nature, and like all organisms must pass through the phases of birth-life-death. Though separate entities in themselves, all High Cultures experience parallel development, and events and phases in any one find their corresponding events and phases in the others. It is possible from the vantage point of the twentieth century to glean from the past the meaning of cyclic history, and thus to predict the decline and fall of the West."

"Optimism is cowardice."

"One day the last portrait of Rembrandt and the last bar of Mozart will have ceased to be — though possibly a colored canvas and a sheet of notes will remain — because the last eye and the last ear accessible to their message will have gone."

"What is here described as Civilization, then, is the stage of a Culture at which tradition and personality have lost their immediate effectiveness, and every idea, to be actualized, has to be put into terms of money."

"Transvaluation of all values is the most fundamental character of every civilization."

"The Will of God" is a pleonasm--God (or "Nature," as some say) is nothing but will."

"To-day we live so cowed under the bombardment of this intellectual artillery [the media] that hardly anyone can attain to the inward detachment that is required for a clear view of the monstrous drama. The will-to-power operating under a pure democratic disguise has finished off its masterpiece so well that the object's sense of freedom is actually flattered by the most thorough-going enslavement that has ever existed."

"Out of such a primary feeling there arises, then, an idea of the Divine immanent in the world-around, and this idea becomes steadily more definite. The percipient receives the impression of motion in Nature. He feels about him an almost indescribable alien life of unknown powers, and traces the origin of these effects to "numina," to the Other, inasmuch as this Other also possesses Life. Astonishment at alien motion is the source of religion and of physics both; respectively, they are the elucidations of Nature (world-around) by the soul and by the reason. The "powers" are the first object both of fearful or loving reverence and of critical investigation. There is a religious experience and a scientific experience."

"What is truth? For the multitude, that which it continually reads and hears."

“The press today is an army with carefully organized weapons, the journalists its officers, the readers its soldiers. But, as in every army, the soldier obeys blindly, and the war aims and operating plans change without his knowledge. The reader neither knows nor is supposed to know the purposes for which he is used and the role he is to play. There is no more appalling caricature of freedom of thought. Formerly no one was allowed to think freely; now it is permitted, but no one is capable of it any more. Now people want to think only what they are supposed to want to think, and this they consider freedom.”

“It is the Late city that first defies the land, contradicts Nature in the lines of its silhouette, denies all Nature. It wants to be something different from and higher than Nature. These high-pitched gables, these Baroque cupolas, spires, and pinnacles, neither are, nor desire to be, related with anything in Nature. And then begins the gigantic megalopolis, the city-as-world, which suffers nothing beside itself and sets about annihilating the country picture.”

"The secret of all victory lies in the organization of the non-obvious. "

"The individual's life is of importance to none besides himself: the point is whether he wishes to escape from history or give his life for it. History recks nothing of human logic"

"Scientists are wont to assume that myths and God-ideas are creations of primitive man, and that as spiritual culture "advances," this myth-forming power is shed. In reality it is the exact opposite, and had not the morphology of history remained to this day an almost unexplored field, the supposedly universal mythopoetic power would long ago have been found to be limited to particular periods. It would have been realized that this ability of a soul to fill its world with shapes, traits and symbols--like and consistent amongst themselves--belongs most decidedly not to the world-age of the primitives but exclusively to the springtimes of great Cultures. Every myth of the great style stands at the beginning of an awakening spirituality. It is the first formative act of that spirituality. Nowhere else is it to be found. There--it must be."

"If we turn back from Nature-feeling become form to Nature-knowledge become system, we know God or the gods as the origin of the images by which the intellect seeks to make the world-around comprehensible to itself."

"Politics and trade in developed form -- the art of achieving material successes over an opponent by means of intellectual superiority -- are both a replacement of war by other means."

"To development belongs fulfillment--every evolution has a beginning, and every fulfillment is an end. To youth belongs age; to arising, passing; to life, death. For the animal, tied in the nature of its thinking to the present, death is known or scented as something in the future, something that does not threaten it. It only knows the fear of death in the moment of being killed. But man, whose thought is emancipated from the fetters of here and now, yesterday and tomorrow, boldly investigates the "once" of past and future, and it depends on the depth or shallowness of his nature whether he triumphs over this fear of the end or not."

"In reality, money, like number and law, is a category of thought."

"Tension without cosmic pulsation to animate it is the transition to nothingness."

"That we do not merely live but know about "living" is a consequence of our bodily existence in the light. But the beast knows only life, not death. Were we pure plantlike beings, we should die unconscious of dying, for to feel death and to die would be identical. But animals, even though they hear the death-cry, see the dead body, and scent putrefaction, behold death without comprehending it. Only when understanding has become, through language, detached from visual awareness and pure, does death appear to man as the great enigma of the light-world about him."

"Thinking in money generates money -- that is the secret of the world economy."

"Every Culture here actualizes its prime symbol. Each has its own sort of love--we may call it heavenly or metaphysical as we choose--with which it contemplates, comprehends and takes into itself its godhead, and which remains to every other Culture inaccessible or unmeaning. Whether the world be something set under a domed light-cavern, as it was for Jesus and his companions, or just a vanishingly small bit of a star-filled infinity, as Giordano Bruno felt it; whether the Orphics take their bodily god into themselves, or the spirit of Plotinus, soaring in ecstasy, fuses in henosis with the spirit of God, or St. Bernard in his "mystic union" becomes one with the operation of infinite deity--the deep urge of the soul is governed always by the prime symbol of the particular Culture and of no other."

"The forces which will sway the future are no other than those of the past. These forces are: the will of the Strong, healthy instincts, race, the will to possession and power; while justice, happiness, and peace - those dreams which will always remain dreams - hover ineffectively over them."

"Death is a diffuse transposition of energy--consciousness into the purely intuitive or lost altogether into the unconscious. The stronger the soul, the more intact will the intuition stay. The weaker the soul, the more dispersed does the intuition become."

"The blood is for us the symbol of the living. The blood of ancestors flows through the chain of generations and binds then in a great linkage of destiny, beat and time."

"And like all Rationalists and Romantics, they are as sentimental as a street ditty."

"The mad Lear between fool and reckless outcast on the heath, in the night and the storm, the unutterably lonely ego lost in space--here is the Faustian life-feeling!"

"If, in fine, we look at the whole picture--the expansion of the Copernican world into that aspect of stellar space that we possess today; the development of Columbus's discovery into a world-wide command of the earth's surface by the West; the perspective of oil-painting and the theatre; the sublimation of the idea of home; the passion of our Civilization for swift transit, the conquest of the air, the exploration of the Polar regions and the climbing of almost impossible mountain-peaks--we see, emerging everywhere, the prime symbol of the Faustian soul, Limitless Space. And those specially Western creations of the soul-myth called "Will," "Force" and "Deed" must be regarded as derivatives of this prime symbol."

"Through money, democracy becomes its own destroyer, after money has destroyed intellect"

"Philosophy, the love of Wisdom, is at the very bottom defence against the incomprehensible."

"This, then, is the conclusion of the city's history; growing from primitive barter-centre to Culture-city and at last to world-city, it sacrifices first the blood and soul of its creators to the needs of its majestic evolution, and then the last flower of that growth to the spirit of Civilization--and so, doomed, moves on to final self-destruction."

"To the reality of history, fails any ideology."

"The essential, therefore, is to understand the time for which one is born. He who does not sense and understand its most secret forces, who does not feel in himself something cognate that drives him forward on a path neither hedged nor defined by concepts, who trusts to the surface--public opinion, large phrases and ideals of the day--he is not of the stature for its events. He is in their power, not they in his."

"He who does not understand that this outcome is obligation and insusceptible of modification, that our choice is between willing this and willing nothing at all, between cleaving to this destiny and despairing of the future and of life itself; he who cannot feel that there is grandeur also in the realizations of powerful intelligences, in the energy and discipline of metal-hard natures, in battles fought with the coldest and most abstract means; he who is obsessed with the idealism of a provincial, and would pursue the ways of life of past ages-- must forgo all desire to comprehend history, to live through history or to make history."

"We have not chosen this time. We cannot help it if we are born as men of the early winter of full Civilization, instead of on the golden summit of a ripe Culture, in a Phidias or a Mozart time. Everything depends on our seeing our own position, our destiny, clearly, on our realizing that though we may lie to ourselves about it, we cannot evade it. He who does not acknowledge this in his heart, ceases to be counted among the men of his generation, and remains either a simpleton, a charlatan, or a pedant."

"History is direction—but Nature is extension—ergo, everyone gets eaten by a bear."

there is something gamma SF-ish about Minkal Kelly and Pia Toscano but i've only seen them in pics .maybe @Ashton would like to elaborate.

more : http://www.last.fm/music/Pia+Toscano/+images/61131581

riiight,aaashtooonnnn?

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    there is something gamma SF-ish about Minkal Kelly and Pia Toscano but i've only seen them in pics .maybe @Ashton would like to elaborate.

riiight,aaashtooonnnn?
    Humm… hard to say. I watched part of a video for each. Thinking Pat Toscano might be ESFj > ESFp… Minka Kelly could be ISFj > ISFp.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

italian women are gamma>alpha sf.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    italian women are gamma>alpha sf.
    yeah housework and jealousy and money and traditions
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Santi White, aka Santigold - ILI 5w4

• "I'll never release an album a year because that means I wouldn't be writing the records - there would be no thought going into what I'm saying."

• "I watched a music awards show last year and started crying afterwards. I just felt really sad that people go along with stupid wack shit. I'm sorry, but LMFAO performed at the Super Bowl? Aren't they a joke band? That type of shit makes me cry. I'm like, 'Really?'"
    • "Everybody always asks me what music I listen to, but sometimes I don’t listen to a lot of music, because I can’t turn off this mechanism in my head that breaks down sounds. Especially coming out of making a record, you’re constantly listening to that reverb, those drums … Sometimes you’ll like get in a car, and someone will ask if you want the radio on and you’ll be like, “No, please, just silence."
    • For me, the process of making music involves channeling a certain part of my subconscious. I’ll close my eyes and see or hear things and I have to be quiet enough to let it come all the way through. These ideas seem to come out of nowhere. With 'GO!' for example, I was with Q-Tip and he was going through all these records, playing samples, and then I just thought “Punk rock drums. Karen O.” I mean, [the idea came] from nothing. So I got a friend to come in and play, and I told the engineer “Can you just distort the drums so it sounds totally fucked up”, and he was like “OK but I don’t think…”, he did it but he wasn’t convinced … but I was like “That’s it!” And then I was like “Karen, you wanna get in on it?”, and she was like “Alright…” I wasn’t sure she’d like it. But it worked. So it’s all feeling…"

What I'm searching for
    to tell it straight, I'm trying to build a wall
    Walking by myself
    down avenues that reek of time to kill
    If you see me keep going
    be a pass by waver
    Build me up, bring me down
    just leave me out you name dropper
    Stop trying to catch my eye
    I see you good you forced faker
    Just make it easy
    You're my enemy you fast talker

Chorus:
    I can say I hope it will be worth what I give up
    If I could stand up mean for the things that I believe

What am I here for
    I left my home to disappear is all
    I'm here for myself
    Not to know you
    I don't need no one else
    Fit in so good the hope is that you cannot see me later
    You don't know me
    I am an introvert an excavator
    I'm duckin' out for now
    a face in dodgy elevators
    Creep up and suddenly
    I found myself
    an innovator

Chorus

Change, change, change,
    I want to get up out of my skin
    tell you what
    if I can shake it
    I'm 'a make this
    something worth dreaming of

• "[My approach to choreography is] like a collage. We’ll watch African tribal dancing and try to work that out, and then we’ll watch Singing In The Rain, then we’ll watch Fosse, or some kids doing the jerk, or some dancehall queens. We just take it all and put it together. That’s what we do that’s really unique, using collage in the choreography, in the same way that I do in my music. I think what it also does is it really helps to translate the music into a physical space. I think that’s really important visually: communicating to people how the music should be taken in physically."

• "I like it to sound like the record. I don’t like jam sessions at all. I don’t like anything that sounds jammed out. I like really tight, straightforward stuff. Obviously there are certain things that have to change. A lot of time I get my voice to sound a certain way by singing something three different ways and then stacking the vocals. And that’s not really possible live. So on stage you’ve gotta play around with how you’re going to present things without losing their essence. On 'Lights Out', I can’t sing it soft on stage like I do on the record, because it doesn’t sound good. You want the energy."

• "I don’t think I worked with any one producer for more than a month. So that means there’s a lot of me in the middle, picking this and picking that, and figuring out how it’s all going to go together. Even if I do pick a track that’s just fully done by a producer, I’ll pick something that totally matches the direction of the record."

Don't look ahead there's stormy weather
    Another road block in our way
    But if we go, we go together
    Our hands are tied here if we stay
    Oh, we said our dreams will carry us
    And if they don't fly we will run
    Now we push right past to find out
    How to win what they all lost
    Oh-ah, Oh-ah
    We know now we want more
    Oh-ah, Oh-ah
    A life worth fighting for
    Oh-ah, Oh-ah
    We know that we want more
    Oh-ah, Oh-ah
    So let them say we can't do better
    Lay out the rules that we can't break
    They want to sit and watch it wither
    Their legacy's too hard to take
    Oh-ah, Oh-ah
    We know now we want more

Oh-ah, Oh-ah
    Oh-ah, Oh-ah
    Oh-ah, Oh-ah
    In their heads, hedging their bets, in their eyes it shows
    When the beacon breaks, what then you ask and they don't know
    Oh tell me that I turn my back, well, the odds all stand beneath me
    And they all said I was misled, but now the odds all stand beneath me
    Oh-ah, Oh-ah
    They're frozen to the core
    Oh-ah, Oh-ah
    Oh-ah, Oh-ah
    Oh-ah, Oh-ah
    Oh-ah, Oh-ah
    Oh-ah, Oh-ah

• "[Here's] how my first [post-tour] recording session went. The next one I went in with John Hill, who'd I'd worked on the first album with, and I think I had expectations that it would be exactly the same [process] and I'd got into it and it just wasn't. I went in with John for two months and we didn't really come up with much. Then I started to get down, of course. I was like, “this sucks, maybe I suck”. It was stupid because I hadn't yet processed the two years just gone or the impact of travelling around the world. The expectation was the block. In the past the writing was just like boom, boom, boom, and in the past I was writing writing really fast. I wrote some of the album in Jamaica and there were moments there that coloured the whole record. One of them was when I was on a boat - I was with Diplo and John Hill and John's throwing up over the side of the boat and we were flying – it was dangerous. I was sitting cross-legged at the very front, just holding on. My body was literally flying as we're hitting the waves and I was like, “THIS IS SO FUN”. Meanwhile, the music is coming out of a little shitty stereo and Diplo's blasting some old reggae classics and it was so distorted and the waves were crashing and it was so aggressive but so beautiful and so free and I was like, this is what I want my record to sound like."

• "In this era where everything goes really quickly and is trendy and everybody's kind of fickle, I think it's great to have a real fanbase because when I go away for four years it means they're still there."
    • "[Jay-Z] said, “Man, all your lyrics are really topical and I feel like every song could correspond with something on the news right now,” which was interesting because I had written most of the songs a year before that."

Got no need for the fancy things
    All the attention that it brings
    Tell me no, I say yes, I was chosen
    And I will deliver the explosion

Can't say it's gonna get me far
    Do no good to say what you are
    I run the streets and I break up houses
    River runs deep and the flame devours it

Me, I'm a Creator
    Thrill is to make it up
    The rules I break got me a place
    Up on the radar
    Me, I'm a Taker
    Know what the stakes are
    Can't roll it back, it's understood
    Got to play our cards

Me, I'm a Creator
    Thrill is to make it up
    Up on the radar
    Me, I'm a Taker
    Know what the stakes are
    Got to play our cards

Sit tight I know what you are
    mad bright but you ain't no star
    polish up till you make it gleam
    your M.O, I know what you mean
    Tail ridin' and I know it's true
    while they screamin' I love you
    Down deep you know there ain't no flow
    a soul decay, was D.O.A

I know what you here for now
    Words out you're an idea whore though,
    now don't you crush on me
    I'll see you in your pipe dreams
    whether or not you know it's true
    You're who they dictate to
    That shit must hurt real bad
    fakin' what you wish you had

Me, I'm a Creator
    Thrill is to make it up
    Up on the radar
    Me, I'm a Taker
    Know what the stakes are
    Got to play our cards

Here all the folks come ask about me
    Band wagon, know they used to doubt me
    Blind side tend to hit real hard
    you should heed the warning, get a body guard
    Steady friction in this bitch
    Creepin' in just like an itch
    so far I got the last laugh
    still the rich rise up, still I live fast
    wouldn't know it face to face
    Got no soul and got no taste
    Moving in speed up the pace
    I got it locked though, what a waste
    All the talk is standard fare
    Walk the walk if it gets you there
    on the grind till the gig is up
    I'm 'a smash 'em down
    put a muzzle on them like "what!"

Me, I'm a Creator
    Thrill is to make it up
    Up on the radar
    Me, I'm a Taker
    Know what the stakes are
    Got to play our cards

• "The Beat: Where's your LOLsome dance floor banger about going to a club and having a drink?

Santigold: [Looks incredulous]

The Beat: I'm joking.

Santigold: My songs that are actually for the club are not about being in a club. My club song's called Look At These Hoes [laughs]."

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Jenna McCarthy: ESI-Se 6w7
    (her TED talk is full of Fi-negativist constructions)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8u42OjH0ss

Veronica Maggio: ESI-Se
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y91WGFcbBak

Charlotte James: ESI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b333P57E9Wc

Yasmine Hamdan: ESI-Se e6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQdl38U_-nE

Zemfira: ESI sx/sp 4w3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeIyPw4lLFA

Ella Yelich-O'Connor (Lorde): ESI-Se so/sp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1fgXs68Oik

Emilie Tisdale: ESI-Fi sp/so
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRUyWx89VUQ

Claire Boucher (Grimes): ESI-Se sp/so 6w7
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-PHIpYm8k0

Marina Ahmedova: ESI-Se
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKx9hKzFq4c

Louise Lecavalier: ESI-Fi sp/so (2w1?)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F516qFx7zdw

JayFunk: ESI-Se
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyMfpJh3h4A

Matt Heafy: ESI-Se
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHefJYTOyGg

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: ESI-Se 9w8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aTP8DGdaOk

Wayne Goss: ESI-Se sp/so
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPvbPhM_4EE

Armando Cristian Pérez (Pitbull): ESI-Se so/sx 3w2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGw55Hl_pc4

Arash Dibazar: ESI-Se so/sx 3w4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjElqCjmpwA

Jay Kay ESI-Fi sp/sx 6w7
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk-m9EzE3kM

River Phoenix: ESI-Fi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWZ4E4zy2SE

Nev Schulman: ESI-Fi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJEJULFi5Y4

Frank Ocean: ESI sp/sx 4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlEJSIU8upA

Brandon Boyd: ESI-Fi so/sx 6w7
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGxT19Bee0A

Paul Van Haver (Stromae): ESI-Fi sp/so 6w5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooKphdJ3B4Q
    Last edited by silke; 12-18-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma warbeast Philip H. Anselmo of Pantera, Arson Anthem, Southern Isolation, Superjoint Ritual, Down: Se-SEE 8w7 sx/sp

"This next song is dedicated to me because I kick so much motherfucking ass."

"There it is again. Image. Once again. I get really tired of it quick."

"I felt like a walking Slayer concert."

"Are you elite members of the upstairs killer fucking tripout organisation of fuckers 'n stuff?"

"No dinner for me, only fluids the doctor said."

"Thank God for Methadone..."

"This next song to me is about an absolute piece of fucking art when it fucking comes to a prototype of fucking heavy fucking metal meets fucking hard motherfucking core. So listen, the very motherfucking first note you hear of fucking music, I wanna see this motherfucking place lose all sense of fucking reality and fucking go, and I mean go HARD. I wanna see more fuckin people up here, I wanna see more fucking people out there, and you upstairs: I love ya, I respect ya, just show me every motherfucking thing you fucking got."

"Don’t underestimate the kid, you’re fucking crazy if you do. And I am the kid."

"If you see a guy holding his girl to this next song, knock him on his fucking ass."

"I am extremist when it comes to everything. Anything I set my mind to, I am an absolute extremist — I cannot say it any better."

"My name is Philip... and I'm sure I fucked all your girlfriends."

"Don't regret rules I broke, when I die bury me in smoke!"

"The universal language, two of them: Heavy metal and marijuana."

"I've toured with hundreds of bands; I've seen hundreds of addictions. PANTERA... Still... Still... Don't you even imagine this ain't true, and if you do, you'd better wake up and apologize — we were the hardest-drinking band on the planet. Hands down."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZAiKSQL99Y

"…And she tripped over my penis."

"I was with a friend of mine. I was home with dope. This was 2002, or 2003... I'm not gonna guess anymore, but somewhere around there. And this friend of mine, we used to party back in the day — shoot dope all the time. This guy was a little bit of a follower. Smart guy. Extremely talented. Anyway, me and him were together, we were speeding down the highway — a pitch-dark highway in Louisiana somewhere on our way to a gig. And there's two guys driving upfront. And he tells me, 'Man, I'd like to party tonight.' And I'm sitting there thinking to myself, 'Wow, it's been awhile, man. You sure? You sure?' 'Yeah, I'm sure.' So, me being the medical genius I am back then, I gave him what I'd call a 'pussy shot' — a little bit; just a little touch. And I injected him. I asked him, 'How're you feeling, bro?' And he was, like, [speaking slowly], 'Good, man.' Someone upfront asked me a question — just like that; that quick — and I turned around, I answered, I turned back around, and this dude was stiff, his eyes were closed and his lips were like that [pushing his lips together], tight. And I said, 'Hey!' I called his name several times. No answer. Boom. I'm freaking out. I grab this dude, and he is as rigid as rigor mortis. And I'm grabbing him and I'm shaking him and shaking him and I'm pulling his beard and I'm slapping his face, and I grabbed the ice cooler and I reached down his damn pants, I'm putting ice down his pants. My friend, who I've known since I was 16 years old, is overdosing. Ain't no damn hospital! Speeding down the back roads of Louisiana. I'm looking around and I'm freaking. I don't know where to tell these guys to drive, and my friend, he's dead. I freaked out and I went [makes punching motion] right in his chest. Boom. His eyes popped open. One pupil was looking this way and the other one this way — kind of like the actor Marty Feldman. And I was scared, man. He wasn't back yet, man; he looked crazy. I was thinking brain damage, retardation... I didn't know what was going on, [so] I hit him again. And his eyes went right back together. And I'm like, 'Oh, my God.' I stayed awake with him all night long. He was sleepy. Kept trying to dose off. Probably still loaded. Boom, I'd kick him. We got back to my house. I laid him out on my sofa. We stayed up 'till the sun came up. I stayed up with him. I wouldn't let him go to sleep. And this whole time, I'm sitting there thinking to myself, 'I just killed my best friend and brought him back to life.' No, I ain't a saint. I ain't no saint, man. I'm the king of liars. I'm the king of deceit. It's what heroin makes you. It's what dope makes you. Cocaine, heroin... whatever. They all go hand in hand. They're all in the same boat, and that boat sinks. It's got holes in it. And that was the last time I ever picked that damn needle up. That was the last time I did heroin."

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^That last interview was a gem to watch. It's kind of cool to know that guys like him exist in real life.

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast