Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chess: Is it type-related?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm getting better and better at it but I'm still kinda new. I just started playing a few months ago. I thought it was a game that was very Te and anti-IEI like but I notice how quickly I learn and pick up patterns and strategies etc. It's still a game for Thinkers and not Feelers though so I doubt I am going to stick with it much.

@DeliMeat : I like that a lot. It makes sense to me cuz when I first started out the Te thing u said is what I had trouble with the most and what annoyed me the most. ((it was also easy for me to realize this was my main weakness)) I greatly improved against the computer I noticed and corrected my Te mistakes. I really like that, good job!

TIM
    SEE-Nô WPELô 863
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was taught chess a long time ago, when I was 13 by a particular nerdy boy whom I became friends with. I wouldnít be surprised if heís ILI, as he did believe that Iím smart. Iíve watched the nerd club play chess throughout middle school and high school (my nerd graduated as valedictorian and he also got 1600 on SAT and 36 on ACT) but aside from my slight interest in the theoretical parts of chess and seeing how it manifests in game mode, I donít want to play. I can grasp how others play, but itís one sort of thing that Iím not interested in participating.

Being an ethical doesnít make one allergic to logical thinking or anything like that but it definitively gives insight to their motivations and interests. I like things that are in the realm of the logical such as Iíve always been obsessed with solving logical puzzles but those are easy for me and get really dry if itís just straight up barebones puzzles (like math, sudoku, etc.), so my preference is problem solving esp. murder mysteries. Problem solving is rather a Te thing, which is what I get excited about and it turns out, solving tangible mysteries is a Te thing. Unsolved mysteries, cold cases really fascinate and Iíll spend more time reading about that. I need the human element to add a little something to making it more thrilling.

scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you really want to get into logical games I don't think chess really serves you that well.

Just by looking at encryption attacks - it cheers me up much more. I need to dive into that.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

TIM
    ILI INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair premise. When I play chess, I try and focus on the person's moves. I then play a game of what are they going to do. It works or fails. Either way, I don't play a lot of chess.

If I studied it more, I'd say more, but I'm more interested in different games.

TIM
    IEI-N
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder, if chess aptitude is type related, how different types would fare with chess variants. Though I am still rated 900-ish on chess.com for the regular game, I just recently broke 1800 on the atomic chess variant. It would be interesting if it were the case that other IEIs do better in the atomic variant too.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeliMeat View Post
    I wonder, if chess aptitude is type related, how different types would fare with chess variants. Though I am still rated 900-ish on chess.com for the regular game, I just recently broke 1800 on the atomic chess variant. It would be interesting if it were the case that other IEIs do better in the atomic variant too.

Gamma NTs have comprised most of the top-rated chess players. Good Ni is probably helpful.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps? I don't really like chess. I know it's not black and white "All EIIs" or whatever but my ENTj brother is very interested in it and so there interest may be a little type related.
    Pinterest
    C-EII-1Ne | INFP | 4(w5) 96 sx/so

Disrupting your illusory reality Megatrop's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFP
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bobby Fisher is SLI, so I don't know about the NT assumption. Probably thinkers are among the best
    self-discovery
    self-development
    optimism
    relationships
    communication
    high ideals

The Ultimate Aeon of Will RaptorWizard's Avatar
    TIM
    Ash INTP 5w6 so/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally, ESFJs are not good at chess.

I'm an INTP, and I'm really good at Pokemon, but not chess.

Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oooh this thread is topical bcus my son has been sending me regular texts about his chess achievements lately. he's LIE. now i'll read it

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni, Te, and Ti helps out with chess. I tend to play too aggressively and make mistakes too often in chess.
    enfp-t - 4w3 sx/sp - n-eie-ni - lawful neutral - ravenclaw
    4w3 - 1w2 - 7w6
    virgo sun - aquarius rising - scorpio moon

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know of an ILE-Ti female EIE male couple that played chess against each other. The ILE-Ti was my psychiatric nurse lol. I had a crush on her from the first moment I saw her and was desperate for her farts but I knew I was too stupid and ugly for her just like I'm too stupid and ugly for my own standards. 5 years after I met her she married a very high achieving, energetic, young, lead physics teacher and curriculum designer. ILE-Ti don't want to fuck (or even spend time with) stupid, ugly non-achievers like me, they're really attracted to driven men w/ dark sense of humor that's well articulated and who can work well with structures, so they go for the EIE-Ni, sometimes ESI-Se.

I would be terrible at chess.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the next wcc will be a battle of conflict types. LSI vs. IEE

I think Nepo looks a bit like @Megatrop

https://youtu.be/JFVzbZ9tsWM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123