Thread: S/N types and their pictures

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default S/N types and their pictures

Has anyone ever noticed that S types look good in pictures and N types do not (i.e. facial expressions).

Maybe this will be a good indicator on how well developed the S function is-by looking at one’s pictures.

Any comments on this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I actually have noticed this. Seems that S's get a better visual image of what they will look like in the picture. Plus they seem to have better control of their bodies! Or something like that. . .
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Estonian

previous experiances are the deciding factor
    That's what sensors usually say. Intuitives more often tend to rely on the vision they get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ns also tend to look more pale, sick, and tired.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Ns also tend to look more pale, sick, and tired.
    Why do you think that is?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N's are more "phlegmatic"? Or ectomorphic?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I havent really noticed that, but its probably true. I tend to look kind of pale and thin in my pictures so there you go. I wouldnt doubt there is some truth to that, considering sensors are more aware of their physical than intuits. I just havent gone through my yearbook typing everyone and then measuring if which ones look good, and then calculating how many Ns are in the good looking group as opposed to Ss.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the pale is common among introverts but it is especially bad with intuitive introverts.

It goes like this:

ES (Least pale)
    EN
    IS
    IN (Most pale)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But who makes all those ENTJ American movie stars look great? Take Brad Bitt for example.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know how many damn hours those people are in make-up?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with this paleness scale, seems reliable and rational to me.

There is also a coldness to the hands I have noticed with most INTj types. Are any of your hands cold?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With me it's my feet. But yeah on cool days I get pretty cold. I kind of enjoy it. It feels great to have that tingly cold sensation. I remember an ISFP that would always tell me to put on a jacket when I went out in 50 degree weather to which I said something along the lines of, "Pish posh, I can endure the elements." She always seemed to think it was odd but she played along with my foolishness. INTJ abusing their health? You betcha.

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm new here.
    I found it interesting that you brought up the S/N divide in pictures. Being an N, I've noticed myself that I'm not 'photogenic' . However, I'm not too sure about the 'paleness and sickness' though - these haven't shown up in any of my photos before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just mean on the average Ns tend to look more pale and sick than Ss. If you see a person who looks all pale, tired, and sick in a photo I'd bet there's an 70% chance that it's an N.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know how many damn hours those people are in make-up?
    Actually no and to tell the truth I am not much of the man in makeing business. But I do look aufull in pictures looking serious and dieng with out never had an interest in Goth stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    I just mean on the average Ns tend to look more pale and sick than Ss. If you see a person who looks all pale, tired, and sick in a photo I'd bet there's an 70% chance that it's an N.
    Pale, tired, and sick, eh? Sounds like a rock band!
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have noticed it also has a lot to do with overall intelligence, confidence, and sometimes . I have noticed some INFj's have better pictures than some ESTp's.

ISFj's and ESFp's have the best pictures through (especially some esfp women).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="Transigent"]

Extroversion: They are outgoing.
    Sensing: They take care of the way they look.
    Feeling: Duh, they are women!
    Percieving: Duh, they are women!

And it seemed that only ugly women would act depressed (read: seem like a T.)

Women, eh? hehehehe

As a dominent N, I can still say that fashion, style, appearance is everything! It's all part of the deception game.

As a T, I'm still going to pay quite a lot of attention to this.

I's pay even more attention. In fact, all women pay attention and do something to enhance their appearance, except if they are depressed or mentally ill or confused about their appearance by alcohol or other drugs and most times even in these instances. Why do you think we have TV shows such as "What not to wear" and ones about plastic surgery and such?

The cosmetics and fashion industry is a billion dollar affair. Kind of like the power structures that men buy into (cars, boats, homes, and other trappings) are probably in the trillions. It's just an evolutionary game we all play, right? Men are supposed to appear powerful and like they can bring home the bacon; women are supposed to look like they are healthy and can reproduce healthy children. Then you can attract a mate.

I mean, you can decide to take your pieces home and not play, but, where does that get you? Or you can try to find someone else who you think doesn't play, but chances are they do, they're just in denial about it.

Cynical? Maybe. Realistic? Totally!!

IMHO.
    Entp
    ILE

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    Obviously this is highly subjective but if you're talking about popular opinion I think you're right. ISFJ's and ESFP's are probably the most represented types in the modelling world. ISFJ's especially. Maybe it's a common male fantasy to be administered to by a haunted beauty. (notice I said haunted and not haunting. big difference.)

Creepy-

any type can be a widely desired model. Gisele Bundchen is perhaps the mst famous supermodel in the US and she has the stone face of an INTj (a very beautiful one), and she also acted in accordance with this type on talk shows.
    I don't know how pale and pasty she is in real life though

Creepy-Guest

same person as above--I simply say this because an old and intimate friend of mine had very similar facial expressions to Giselle and she was an INTj. Pretty damn sexy too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not saying that beautiful women are ESFp’s, but they usually look good in their pictures. I used to know this one ESFp that did not look all that good, but she always seem to look really cute in her pictures. She could also get almost everyone to like her, (of course, she is an ESFp).

It seems popular for women to act like an ESFp; I think its pretty damn fake (I think the most turn off thing that can be found in the opposite sex is dishonesty)! Sometimes seem as if some of them have read MBTI and copied the description as if they want to be ESFp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transigent, by "supposed to" I suppose I really mean that men and women are trained and socially reinforced differently.

Do I think that there are many examples of men and women who don't buy into gender roles? Probably. But I think that socialization is powerful and even though people may be making conscious choices about some things, that largely men and women do comply with their socialization. And that yes, you are right, much of what goes on is unconscious.

To my mind, making the unconscious conscious is what self awareness is all about. Once things are conscious, then you have choices. When they are unconscious you really do not.

Your NF is showing . . . it probably is nicer and more comfortable to become caught up in "the game" , at least in those moments.

For myself, I find humor in the games we play and in bringing them to light. And respect for new variations on old games.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure where you're at on the buy in piece, but what the heck, I'm definitely not getting it. I mean you can either say yes, I'm going to follow this gender stuff or I'm not. I'm going to be defined that way or I'm not. But you can only do this if you're conscious of it.

Weak F, strong F, you decide.

I guess my age is showing . . . you tend to lose some of your romanticism as years of marriage and dating slip by.
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gender conformity pressure is pretty much omnipresent, so if you're not aware of it, chances are, you'll probably end up being affected to a certain extent by it, even if is subconscious and instinctive - I think it's probably a human instinct for the majority of the population to try and fit in to the Female F and Male T stereotypes first off.
    My theory is that we were probably programmed like that in evolutionary stages so we could function as a society - it would have been much easier for the hunter-gatherer system to function with the gender conformity ie. Women being encouraged to primarily their use their F functions to raise children and build connections with other females and Men being encouraged to use more T functions for building systems for hunting etc. (I do realise this is very simplistic, but it's just an idea).
    I think that its only after we become aware of, and evaluate the gender pressure that we can make a conscious decision whether to buy into it or not, but first of all comes your initial instinct to try and follow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes!

Welcome to the forum Forest Dragon.

Nice to have such great comments. Hope to hear from you again!
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    I have noticed this too in real life not the modelling world. Seeing pictures of real friends who or friends of friends who are these types. I think it is characteristic of SFs though and I would day the ones who look the best (without professional help from an aesthetic sense) are SFs but not all SFs look good if you follow.