Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most likely Socionics types for Enneagram type 6

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Most likely Socionics types for Enneagram type 6

I know that I'm an E6 sx\so... but it´s been hard to determine my sociotype.

I know that I value Si a lot, but lately some ESTP traits of personality have been showing up and I have been confused about being ESTJ\ISTP\ESTP.

I have already ruled out ISTJ based on my own experience, I'm definitely not a Ti lead.

Sometimes I see a very strong Se in me and also an ability to ignore physical strain and pain but this only lasts at most a couple of days.

Which types are the more common ones for an E6? I think this could help me with other possibiities beyond these 3 types. Any feedback is welcome.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj would be my wild guess but i really don't know.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    IJ > EP > EJ > IP
    I would have thought IP > EJ. Any EJ 6s you can name off the top of your head?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As regards being ISFJ, nono... my mom is ISFJ and I know them quite well. They're narrow-mindedness and naivety irritates me. Plus, they have Se on egoblock which is just like putting a shotgun in the hand of a 10-year-old boy.
    They do loads of shite.

Ashton, I may be a 1 or 9, but even so, I don't know my sociotype for sure. I love wealth and material possessions, I have to admit it. I dont know if this relates directly to Se or to some other element.

Galen, one supposedly E6 ESTJ is Mel Gibson. I would say he's an E1, but many authors and sites list him as E6 and ESTJ.

Thanks guys.
    Any feedback on my sociotype and enneatype is welcome.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renee Baron and Elizabeth Wagele - The Enneagram Made Easy

(i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Renee Baron and Elizabeth Wagele - The Enneagram Made Easy
    Hm, I guess those are MBTI types and the squares of "most common" and "quite common" are undistinguishable, unfortunately.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp E6? Haven't seen that yet. IJ seems like the most common E6.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Hm, I guess those are MBTI types and the squares of "most common" and "quite common" are undistinguishable, unfortunately.
    Oh, damn. lol.

Didn't even see that.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    ISTp E6? Haven't seen that yet. IJ seems like the most common E6.
    Don't forget about Jessica.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right Ashton.
    I've considered E8 after reading Sandra Maitri's book on the spiritual side of the enneagram.
    I think I am after all really ESTJ...

btw there IS one famous ISTP E6 - George Bush Senior ...

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Don't forget about Jessica.
    Oh yeah, true.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...I think being an E6 has been the reason I've had such a hard time coming to a conclusion about my socionics type because aren't E6's supposed to be any type in the socion? That's what I heard, anyway.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I guess so. And so is 4 and 9, supposedly, if enneagram makes much sense.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    ^ I guess so. And so is 4 and 9, supposedly, if enneagram makes much sense.
    6 and 9 are really like this, but not 4. I have a very hard time picturing an ESTP E4, for example.

I think I'm really a 1 because I have rampants of rage when I want revenge and/or I think about killing some people, but it's always people who f-ck me in some way, so its obviously normal for a man also, so perhaps I could be E6.

Anyway I woke up with imaginations of torturing and killing two people who're getting into my way. Ah if only there was no law... planet Earth would be now freed from two walking subhuman worms now. So-called democracies suck even in the sense that you cannot kill anyone for a good reason. Well, in the USA maybe but not where I live.

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Yeah...I think being an E6 has been the reason I've had such a hard time coming to a conclusion about my socionics type because aren't E6's supposed to be any type in the socion? That's what I heard, anyway.
    I have also heard from a reliable source that E6 can be found in any sociotype. I believe it is the only enneagram number where that is true.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    6 and 9 are really like this, but not 4. I have a very hard time picturing an ESTP E4, for example.

I think I'm really a 1 because I have rampants of rage when I want revenge and/or I think about killing some people, but it's always people who f-ck me in some way, so its obviously normal for a man also, so perhaps I could be E6.

Anyway I woke up with imaginations of torturing and killing two people who're getting into my way. Ah if only there was no law... planet Earth would be now freed from two walking subhuman worms now. So-called democracies suck even in the sense that you cannot kill anyone for a good reason. Well, in the USA maybe but not where I live.
    Is this a joke? Not like it would make it much better.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post

I'm not that knowledgeable with enneagram because, as I keep saying, it never makes much sense, but I thought 4 could come off narcissistic. If an Fi-PoLR felt jaded by Fi, perhaps through abuse, abandonment and a lose of feeling allowed to be themselves, they might make up for it by being a huge iconoclast, looking to express a particular identity they feel they should have, but don't.

Anyway, I don't enneagram, so nevermind what I've said. It's probably creative rubbish.

Sometimes I wish I could just press a button and eliminate 99% of the human population. I would do it right away, if no one was to know I was responsible. IMO, the earth has become overpopulated and over-regulated, manifesting as a human zoo. It's kind of sad.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

could somebody explain to me how air could be a 9? i mean i don't want to have a stereotyped image of 9s so if i'm mistaken in thinking him being a 9 is ridiculous i'm curious why.

and whats with the mass murder fantasies? seriously?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    could somebody explain to me how air could be a 9? i mean i don't want to have a stereotyped image of 9s so if i'm mistaken in thinking him being a 9 is ridiculous i'm curious why.

and whats with the mass murder fantasies? seriously?
    Sounds like some beta NF.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    From my estimations, 6s can be any sociotype except the EJs.

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    Yeah, Airborne would make for the weirdest 9 ever.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which Sensor types are most likely for a Counterphobic E6?

I've been asking this myself. Thought of (not in order of possibility): SLE, LSI, LSE, ESE, SEI.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think there's something like "the counterphobic" six or what do you understand under the therm?

In my opinion sixes are most often sometimes counterphobic and sometimes phobic.

The classic counterphobic six description fit LSI and SLE(not in order of possibility) the most

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also not sure what you mean by counter-phobic. My ESE ex was a functioning Narcissist, was and still is accomplished in the world, but very phobic. Bullies are all scared; he bullied subtlety (and not subtlety) whenever there were no witnesses. I am over that by the grace of God. But he was 6. And what I read of 6 (I don't know Enneagram well), he often fit a "low" 6, one struggling with the bad issues...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Do you think there's something like "the counterphobic" six or what do you understand under the therm?In my opinion sixes are most often sometimes counterphobic and sometimes phobic.The classic counterphobic six description fit LSI and SLE(not in order of possibility) the most
    By counterphobic, do you mean the sx/sp description of type 6?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You left out ESI.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoW805 View Post
    By counterphobic, do you mean the sx/sp description of type 6?
    Don't know don't have somethin concrete in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    You left out ESI.
    He also left SEE out. I think he's just asking about types he thinks he could be

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know don't have somethin concrete in my mind

He also left SEE out. I think he's just asking about types he thinks he could be
    I could see SEE as being possible, when I read the sx/sp description, I'd have to agree with mfcker on ruling out most SFs tho

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes many people who are into Enneagram divide 6s between two types, phobics and counterphobics. But IME as a 6, this is not a very good division, I could be considered counterphobic most of the time but I also have phobic times, so this description of 6s as being the only type in enneagram which has sort of "two subtypes", I don't agree with it.

Anyway the question is about 6s in general, not necessarily sx/sp or sx/so . Just E6s.

Yes I'm thinking about my socionics type but not only my own. Because there is a correlation between socionics and enneagram so some types in Enneagram are likely some types in socionics...for example an E5 could not be a Feeling type. So this narrows down possibilities when typing people in socionics if you know their enneagram type.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FREDDIE View Post
    Yes many people who are into Enneagram divide 6s between two types, phobics and counterphobics. But IME as a 6, this is not a very good division, I could be considered counterphobic most of the time but I also have phobic times, so this description of 6s as being the only type in enneagram which has sort of "two subtypes", I don't agree with it. Anyway the question is about 6s in general, not necessarily sx/sp or sx/so . Just E6s.Yes I'm thinking about my socionics type but not only my own. Because there is a correlation between socionics and enneagram so some types in Enneagram are likely some types in socionics...for example an E5 could not be a Feeling type. So this narrows down possibilities when typing people in socionics if you know their enneagram type.
    Well, if u figure out your instinctual variant, there's a good chance you'll find your sociotype, you already say your a 6w5, find your variant. Really easy way to do this: look at the facial composites on the first page of the enneagram articles. After that, go to the 3rd page to an article called instinctual variants. I don't know my type yet, but it def helped make things clear.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit! Nevermind, 6w5 was DaftPunk..sorry bout that

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the only thing I fear is fear itself, and I'm also never afraid, does that make me counterphobic?
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've been asking this myself. Thought of (not in order of possibility): SLE, LSI, LSE, ESE, SEI.
    E-3,6,9 are ubiquitous across all temperaments and types. If you're trying to figure out your type, drawing correlations from enneagram isn't going to help you. It has very little relation to socionics.

Do you think there's something like "the counterphobic" six or what do you understand under the therm?

In my opinion sixes are most often sometimes counterphobic and sometimes phobic.
    A couple of us have discussed this before. What is called "counterphobic (cp)" in enneagram seems to be related to Sx instinct. Since people have all three instincts, just at different intensities, you're right that 6s would switch between being p and cp, and also that cp variants were present among other types..

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post

A couple of us have discussed this before. What is called "counterphobic (cp)" in enneagram seems to be related to Sx instinct. Since people have all three instincts, just at different intensities, you're right that 6s would switch between being p and cp, and also that cp variants were present among other types..
    I just made the experience that I made very risky stuff but can also be a whimp especially when it's not people related and I am alone. As example walking on snow/ice comes to my mind.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I am very much sure I'm a Sensor type. In Enneagram, I'm a 6w7. The predominant instinctive variant is sx ; this doesn't have to do with sex it's more intensity related and focus on one-on-one relations more than group relations. But I disagree with siuntal in that there is no correlation possible between 3, 6 and 9 for socionics types. Yes there are types which are more probable than others for the 3 enneagram types of the triangle. They can be any type, but you can tell more probable types. For example E9 is connected to Delta quadra strongly... E9 tends to be lazy which indicates valued Si. I don't see much of a possibility of a Gamma E9. E3 is very active which is related to valued Te and or Se, so it also narrows down to some types. It would be really fun to see an SLI - E3 , but with E9 SLI is a very good probability.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I am very much sure I'm a Sensor type. In Enneagram, I'm a 6w7. The predominant instinctive variant is sx ; this doesn't have to do with sex it's more intensity related and focus on one-on-one relations more than group relations. But I disagree with siuntal in that there is no correlation possible between 3, 6 and 9 for socionics types. Yes there are types which are more probable than others for the 3 enneagram types of the triangle. They can be any type, but you can tell more probable types. For example E9 is connected to Delta quadra strongly... E9 tends to be lazy which indicates valued Si. I don't see much of a possibility of a Gamma E9. E3 is very active which is related to valued Te and or Se, so it also narrows down to some types. It would be really fun to see an SLI - E3 , but with E9 SLI is a very good probability.
    My SLI-love is E9...

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm absolutely 6w5..

Anyways regarding Freddie's type: no idea.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i want to say se creative but i don't know why

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i want to say se creative but i don't know why
    Divine inspiration? Are you channeling some highly advanced beings from the 1543th dimension?

Ok I know why and you know it too but you don't want to write it here. It was because another day on that chat thing I was making a joke about forcefully possessing user Blackburry for sex. Isn't it?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oh....no, i don't think you're se creative (or that you're not, i don't type you anything)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    If the only thing I fear is fear itself, and I'm also never afraid, does that make me counterphobic?
    logically if you're afraid of one thing and never afraid, you are impossible. But, never being afraid would make you aphobic, not counterphobic. To be counterphobic you'd have to fear and act against something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast