Thread: INTj, INTp, INTp personal developmental stages

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTj, INTp, INTp personal developmental stages

By Alpha in this read INTJ,INTP, and INPF personalities ... I wrote parts of this for a human developmental college class I took woth an emphasis on male/female relationships ... I am an INTJ, so writting something like this should be totally expected.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some secular sources say that to attract women you must be the Alpha male. They often follow
    by using a Beta male comparison, explaining something to the effect that they are groveling
    sidekicks, who beg for scraps and get no attention or sex from females. They stereotype them
    as incompetant, unable to fight for themselves and incapable to feel a sense of belonging.

In actuality, this description is not necessarily the start of a Beta male; it really
    describes the basic development of an Alpha type personality. While it is true that beta
    types do often become stepping stones and doormats, they typically receive a basic
    reinforcement and positive level of feedback that Alpha types fail to receive in their
    pre-adolescent developement. The psychologist Erik Erickson refers to this stage of
    development as 'Industry vs. Inferiority.'According to his theory, if children do not
    receive positive social feedback during this stage, they could form an inferiority
    complex and lack developmental understanding of individuality and self-awareness later
    in life. On the other hand, children who make friends, feel accepted, and feel competent
    during this time develope a greater level of self understanding and awareness, and have
    little trouble forging an identity.

While this may seem like an odd comparison, human psychology holds some amazing paralles.
    In psychosexual theory, as defined by Freud and Erikson, Alpha type male personalities
    form from the lack of self-esteeme envoked during the latency and genital stages of development,
    causing them to develop tools to hide their lack of self-esteeme and worth [arrogence, cockiness],
    control is more important than taking risk with their outlook being majorly pessimistic and minorly
    optomistic, which adds to mystery and sex appeal.

On the other hand, Beta type personalities maintain a higher level of self-esteeme and
    attract girls with good self esteeme. Confidence is real and apparent, risk is more often
    taken and there is a good deal of trust. The primary outlook is majorly optomistic and
    minorly pessimistic, which promotes a safe enviroment succeptable to change.

In both cases, Alpha and Beta type personalities develop during the latency and genital
    stages of development depending upon biological and enviromental factors regardless of
    gender [so there are alpha male/females and beta male/females]. In almost all cases, you
    will often find that Alpha types attract Alpha types and Beta types attract Beta types.
    However, you will occasionally find Alpha types and Beta type attractions based upon
    misunderstandings of character, such as a Beta female mistaking an Alpha male for Beta or
    an Alpha female mistaking a Beta male for Alpha. Henry Maslow, one of the first
    psychochologist to do detailed studies on primate and human behaviour, observed that
    it was in fact the Beta monkies that received the most sex and attention from females.
    The Alpha types, the bigger more agressive monkies, were so busy fighting other Alpha
    monkies they only managed to receive casual attention from female monkies.
    Nevertheless, to say that all women are attracted to one type of male, whether Alpha
    or Beta is absolutly poposterious. Both Alpha and Beta type Males receive attention
    and sex from atleast some females throughout their lifetime.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Creepy-Guest

why you not include Gamma and Delta males? mmm, why not this info??
    Pedro wants to know about his type...you no say anything about Delta males!
    what to make of this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry Pedro, i could not resist!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And men like anything female that moves . . . hehe. Just kidding.

How do you know what women like and want?
    Entp
    ILE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some of you are confusing the Maslow's Alpha/Beta stereotypes with the Alpha/Beta/Delta/Gamma whatever. I am not quite familiar with why things are listed this way in the Jung scale, but I would not be totally surprised that the total typology fits into the guidlines I submitted from combining the theories of freud, erikson, and maslow in how they develope their own types.

Also, I would not fall into the trap of thinking that Alpha and Beta qualities [maslow not Jung] are in accord with a hierarical structure simply because you are yourself accustomed to an Alpha structure. Alphas and Beta are meerly two diffrent classes with their own strength and weaknesses, which work in complementation of each other. Most people have a tendency to radiate towards ones specific class predominatelly, but a few people are able to switch back and forth between the types; those people are normally what people like to say have Alpha qualities, but really have both.

As far as attractivity is concerned, they go along these same lines ... Peole with predominate Alpha qualities and predominant Beta qualities will be attracted to each other's own type, and people with more fluent qualities will be attracted to each other.

From what I have researched of the Myer-Briggs scale, type attractivity seems to go along these same lines in the recommended counter-types.

As far as the "wussy and insecurity" sarcasm from another INTJ, people with I tend to lean far towards Alpha characteristics because of their pessimistic mindset and low sense of self-confidence that they disguise as real self-confidence. They have certain strong dominant tendencies, but normally end up being isolated in some way. If an I learned to be more Beta [Maslow], he/she would have an easier time fitting into society. But, that is up to an individual regardless of type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It let me post as a guest, I thought I was logged in....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

test

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's more of a joke ,but alfa males seem to be beta and beta males delta in some far out point, and I had this feeling for a while as if the theory was made out by delta ENFp who started to hate beta types and wanted to make theory explaining how bad ESTps and ISTjs were

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    As far as the "wussy and insecurity" sarcasm from another INTJ,
    Hey, very perceptive!

Guess you are not so bad after all, I apologize for that remark, I shouldn't have pointed it out so clearly.

people with I tend to lean far towards Alpha characteristics because of their pessimistic mindset and low sense of self-confidence that they disguise as real self-confidence.
    Everybody has low self confidence in some fashion, so it is impossible to be wrong when you say that someone "disguizes" thier low confidence with false confidence.
    To a degree this is true, the difference is that Beta types get positive reinforcement and Alpha types get negitive reinforcement. Whether the self-esteeme is true or not, it will always be marked by that difference.
    In this regards, Beta types develope good self-esteeme and a good self-image, and Alpha types develipe bad self-esteeme and a bad self-omage.

They have certain strong dominant tendencies, but normally end up being isolated in some way.
    Yeah, after bonking your girlfriend.
    Ironically, I couldn't agree any more or less.

If an I learned to be more Beta [Maslow], he/she would have an easier time fitting into society. But, that is up to an individual regardless of type.
    Of course, because all society cares about is subjugating you into another statistic.
    [/quote]

Either way you are a statistic, whether you prescribe to E ot I, Alpha or Beta .. . what matters you whether you have lived a life fulfilling for you and others, that's what it means to live assertively.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It didn't log me in again :/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:/ hmmm