Thread: here's a weirdo question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default here's a weirdo question

why is it, that when i think of something i did in the past, i usually see myself in the third person?

as if watching a movie of myself, i don't see the main details, but it's usually from an impossible vantage point, higher up. almost an out of body experience, that i only go through later on.

does anyone know the reason for this? i can't think of any.
    INTJ, INTp, ILI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You self-answered your question, you're a weirdo.

Creepy-bg

I can't say why but I do know that you can do amazing things with memorys. View them in the third person, alter the intensity, change the basic meaning ... Look into NLP for techniques to do all this if your interrested. Some say that doing this sort of thing is meaningless however I can say that for myself at least it works.

As an example... The majority of my life I've had a problem with dogs. They really stressed me out and dogs being dogs they sensed this and so that made them even louder towards me. Once I learned various NLP techniques for remodelling memories I did the following.

One day when walking in the park with a friend we passed a guy walking his dog. I tensed up and the dog (as they always do) freaked on me, started barking up a storm etc. After the moment passed I did a quick memory check and flashed back to a time when I was a little kid. My parents were out on a walk on this golf course we live by and I wanted to go with them. As I was running to catch up this dog that somebody else was walking got away from them and took off towards me. I was pretty small and the dog was big. In my memory it seemed almost taller than I was. So the dog jumped on me and took me down to the ground.

What I did at that point was to view the memory from the perspective of being grown up. Although it played out the same the dog no longer seemed to tower over me. After I was knocked to the ground my new perspective allowed me to change things. I was longer being attacked by a vicious monster, I was now being dry humped by a dumbass dog. I turned a scaring memory into something silly. From that point on I haven't had any anxiety towards dogs, now they're just dumbass dryhump machines to me.

I've done the same sort of thing with all sorts of scaring events in my life. Honestly it can do wonders and it's also pretty fun to do now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IAWo6N
    You self-answered your question, you're a weirdo.
    your very helpful. thanks.

yutz.
    INTJ, INTp, ILI