Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ISFj jobs/careers/occupations: what do ESIs do for a living?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hacking. How many LSI would shine in that field? But heck you better have keen logical eye on detail.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Aircraft Repair Mechanic.

Lol. This woman is so ESI. She starts off living in a cardboard box and perseveres until she finds a place where her talents and contributions are appreciated. Enneagram 6, I think.

I got a kick out of how grounded she is. "Make sure you guys are careful with those, um, heating elements." "Are you guys labeling these parts that you take out?" Freaking perfect.

Incidentally, I've rebuilt engines myself and yes, you need to label every part. Preferably with a #2 pencil on masking tape. Ink tends to dissolve in oil and cleaning fluids. Paint markers can work well, if you are careful with your solvents. Bag and tag everything, take pictures, and keep a complete record of the disassembly.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-10-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've just graduated in mechanical engineering and have a position lined up in a consulting firm. I only worked there for 4 months last summer, but I seemed to be pretty successful in my work. I'm not so good in the theoretical concerns, but I am detail oriented enough to do good work and drawings. Being reliable and responsible helps a lot.

I went into it, after trying so many other things, because I was good at using computers (for the design aspects) and at math. I got through the program with very high grades, mostly due to my ability to understand /what/ we needed to actually do to solve the required problems. Once again, not the strongest in the theoretical parts some is still confusing to me, but good at picking up the goal and method of solution to solve problems.

Banned
    TIM
    EII-Ne 6w5 SP/SX 629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ESI friend ( who was ever to be my crush ), he studies at architecture faculty like me

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bean counter

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great question, but I really need to do research IRL and brave going outside and talking to people in person.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Psychology BSc and statistics MSc Armitage's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I agree with @FDG that ESI's take their work very seriously. Much more seriously than I do.
    Career success is more important to them, because it doesn't come as easily to them as it does to us. They end up deliberating a lot on what study and later on what career they wish to specialize in and doing well in it takes them effort. For us it's the inverse, I believe that we may work far more seriously on our (romantic) relationships, because that doesn't come easily to us.
    Just take my ESI-Se bicycle friend who told me the other day how he is proud of himself for flirting with a girl at a party, but this was the birthday party of his initial love interest! I was like: "Dude, seriously? Are you willing to waste all your effort on the first?" But he said that after two dates with the first he felt like it wasn't going anywhere and he believes the second one doesn't even know the first, because it was three girlfriends celebrating their birthdays together. The second girl told him that she has a boyfriend, which might have been a white lie to reject him politely. He doesn't even care about having been rejected, because he feels too proud of himself for straight up asking her number, but he admitted that it might also have been the alcohol that caused him to not care about the rejection...

We discussed my dating approach in contrast, which is more slow and steady.
    Last edited by Armitage; 03-22-2022 at 08:09 PM.

TIM
    EII-Ne Sx/So 479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive seen ESIs do very well in police and military in addition to the things mentioned earlier. If you are really ambitious, remember that Barack Obama is an ESI-Fi!

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Came here to mention rescuer-type professions like firefighting, they also make great cops and detectives.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CG Artist.

Too sensitive for jobs like firefighting. It'd destroy me to not be able to save everyone, to watch people suffer. Animals, even worse. I worked at a kitten shelter once, I know it can leave you so jaded about humans...particularly when you realize what people are capable of, and how common it is for them to be capable of it...it's enough to make you want to kill some motherfuckers.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only met one real ESI (typed using Model G) she was a homemaker that almost never spoke.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing to psychologist. Specializing in trauma. CG Artist was ultimately just unfulfilling. I kept looking at psychology with yearning, feeling as though I'd missed out on my true purpose in life. Certain life plans and circumstances made me continue down the path of CG Artist, but I ultimately couldn't make myself do it anymore. Decided to go ahead and pursue psychology regardless of what sacrifices I have to make.

For once in my life...I'm putting myself first. If somewhere down the line that means I have to sacrifice my relationship with my romantic partner, then so be it. This is my life mission, and I will do whatever it takes to fulfill my objective. Turning all those suffering victims who are out there into victorious warriors is far more important than my personal life plans. My life is here and gone, but the impact left behind continues on throughout the generations. This is what I want, and I won't let anything stop me. I'm willing to lose everything to help others gain, if I must.

Field is closely related to ethics. Ethics courses are required for continuation of career.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 04-01-2023 at 09:02 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

other seen irl:
    - TV host, journalist
    - school teacher of chemistry

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Maverick View Post
    Changing to psychologist. Specializing in trauma. CG Artist was ultimately just unfulfilling. I kept looking at psychology with yearning, feeling as though I'd missed out on my true purpose in life. Certain life plans and circumstances made me continue down the path of CG Artist, but I ultimately couldn't make myself do it anymore. Decided to go ahead and pursue psychology regardless of what sacrifices I have to make.

For once in my life...I'm putting myself first. If somewhere down the line that means I have to sacrifice my relationship with my romantic partner, then so be it. This is my life mission, and I will do whatever it takes to fulfill my objective. Turning all those suffering victims who are out there into victorious warriors is far more important than my personal life plans. My life is here and gone, but the impact left behind continues on throughout the generations. This is what I want, and I won't let anything stop me. I'm willing to lose everything to help others gain, if I must.

Field is closely related to ethics. Ethics courses are required for continuation of career.
    Be careful. This quest may ruin you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    This quest may ruin you.
    Also. The attitude (even this, before any actions and consequences) which sets interests of other one above own and not as equal where you follow to a compassion, - that creates inner (initially unconscious) resistance, what will arise neurotic symptoms. What secondary will lead to lesser efficiency in the deal which you consciously suppose as important. Among examples can appear overburning. To forget about own interest also may lead to direct harm to you which will reduce possiblities to help others.
    Love supposes equality but not sacraficing of own interests. Following to love you may act against some of own interest and to risk, but because you in a compassion suppose/feel overlapping profit by making that good to other one. The profit which should make your state not worse, at least.
    Then. If we take psychological help, the good state of helper is important. When it's good - this helps to influence, to accept help from a good example of adoptation. And the influence itself will be more positive, - as traits of a helper will be copied and that should move to better, but not to repeat what which may lead other human to worse state too. A part of this - would be positive experience of a helper to solve own problems which may be similar to other human.
    So, in psychology influence to make other human to feel happier is important to feel good yourself. The attitude on a sacraficing would oppose to this. The optimum for psychology help is to evaluate interests of yourself and other human as equal. This is supposed by love state.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a poly Anna view of "helping".

Some people do not want help. A back hole will suck you in and leave you trashed.

Love is not always enough. Thinking it is is just wishful thinking.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying don't do it. I'm saying be prepared.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a poly Anna view of "helping".

Some people do not want help. A back hole will suck you in and leave you trashed.

Love is not always enough. Thinking it is is just wishful thinking.
    Are you talking about me? Can't tell because I have no idea what Sol is attempting to say, but he's the one who mentioned love.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you talking about me? Can't tell because I have no idea what Sol is attempting to say, but he's the one who mentioned love.
    No sorry that was directed at Sol.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying don't do it. I'm saying be prepared.
    Gotcha. Yeah, surprised someone was able to make it out. Seems unintelligible to me, his English was awful. Are you an English native?

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be careful. This quest may ruin you.
    Yeah, I've considered that possibility, but then I realized I'm gritty enough to deal with what comes.

Besides, I basically already do it anyway. I just don't get paid to.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotcha. Yeah, surprised someone was able to make it out. Seems unintelligible to me, his English was awful. Are you an English native?
    I am Canadian. But I have read many russian translated articles and I think Sol's english has improved a lot over the years.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I've considered that possibility, but then I realized I'm gritty enough to deal with what comes.

Besides, I basically already do it anyway. I just don't get paid to.
    Well, you believe, right?

< 3

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am Canadian. But I have read many russian translated articles and I think Sol's english has improved a lot over the years.
    Yeah, I'm sure it has. It wasn't intended to be an insult, so I should've said that more tactfully.

I was asking if you speak a foreign language because I have noticed that my foreign friends whose native tongue is not English can make out broken English more easily than I am able to. I seem to have a difficult time with it. I've always naturally had strong English/writing skills, it came to me very intuitively, so I wonder if that is why I struggle to understand English when it's not written properly. (In other words, because proper English is all I've ever known, so I'm not used to having to make out broken English.) My boyfriend even had to improve his English skills, because we used to get into fights from misunderstandings that arose whenever he misused words or something, lol.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you believe, right?

< 3
    I'm not understanding what you're referring to. It's not specific enough for me to make sense of it. I don't do well with vague nudges/hints, sorry. I grew up in a family that always used very precise and specific language. They liked to be perfectly clear and leave no room for questions or misunderstandings.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm sure it has. It wasn't intended to be an insult, so I should've said that more tactfully.

I was asking if you speak a foreign language because I have noticed that my foreign friends whose native tongue is not English can make out broken English more easily than I am able to. I seem to have a difficult time with it. I've always naturally had strong English/writing skills, it came to me very intuitively, so I wonder if that is why I struggle to understand English when it's not written properly. (In other words, because proper English is all I've ever known, so I'm not used to having to make out broken English.) My boyfriend even had to improve his English skills, because we used to get into fights from misunderstandings that arose whenever he misused words or something, lol.
    All good I didn't think you thought any different when you said it. not sure if I understand the guy all the time, but I guess I read and just put it together.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not understanding what you're referring to. It's not specific enough for me to make sense of it. I don't do well with vague nudges/hints, sorry. I grew up in a family that always used very precise and specific language. They liked to be perfectly clear and leave no room for questions or misunderstandings.
    you are gritty enough because you believe things will work out or believe in something about what you are doing that makes all the turmoil worthwhile? don't know I was riffing. "to believe", because the original OP felt like working very hard at a relationship, or friend, when things seem extremely difficult, takes some kind of belief ? At least it does for me.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are gritty enough because you believe things will work out or believe in something about what you are doing that makes all the turmoil worthwhile? don't know I was riffing. "to believe", because the original OP felt like working very hard at a relationship, or friend, when things seem extremely difficult, takes some kind of belief ? At least it does for me.
    I'm gritty because it's who and how I am. It's just part of my core personality. In my case, my grit can change course adaptively. Your perception of the direction my grit is going is basically accurate, it's just that it's also not limited to that direction only. It can change direction if it's necessary. I know how to root/anchor myself in different motives that match my pursuits/endeavors. I possess a great deal of control over my psyche/internal processes, in that aspect. As long as I can see some sense of purpose or meaning behind what I'm doing, my passion for the field will have stability.

That said, I do expect some obstacles and challenges to come with it. I expect that I will struggle when people aren't receptive, or when I'm having to help people I believe don't "deserve" it because of poor character. I expect that I'll be forced to confront my own judgments about who is deserving VS who isn't, and modify my perspectives so that I'm capable of providing services to people I don't like. I expect that I will be confronted by my own impatience for those who are slow to learn. I expect that I will discover that some of the people I'm treating are not the victims they claim to be, but rather, are the perpetrators and are actually blame shifting; I expect that by the time I realize that, I'll also realize the advice I gave was only serving to enable said manipulative/gaslighting behavior from them. I expect to have to learn how to cope with setting my personal life aside to focus on helping others despite feeling emotionally overwhelmed by situations going on in my own life. I consider it possible that my own worldview could be threatened by the experiences I gain from counseling others; and with my worldview, also my internal foundations (I talked about this somewhat on the confession thread). I expect to face challenges that I don't expect.

I have a lot of predictions and foresight regarding the indefinite, but what I know definitively is that I am a resilient person and I always find a way to work through what comes at me. I embrace those challenges and obstacles, because by remaining persevering and gritty, those things will only make me a better and stronger person, and add insight and wisdom to me. Without that grit, yes, I agree that it's entirely possible it could ruin me. What I'm trying to say is, that isn't the kind of person I am.

when things seem extremely difficult, takes some kind of belief ? At least it does for me.
    Is there anything in particular you struggle with motivating yourself through? I'm usually really good at developing strategies and insights for this kind of thing. You're welcome to inquire, I'm willing to take a shot at helping you tackle it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That said, I do expect some obstacles and challenges to come with it. I expect that I will struggle when people aren't receptive, or when I'm having to help people I believe don't "deserve" it because of poor character. I expect that I'll be forced to confront my own judgments about who is deserving VS who isn't, and modify my perspectives so that I'm capable of providing services to people I don't like. I expect that I will be confronted by my own impatience for those who are slow to learn. I expect that I will discover that some of the people I'm treating are not the victims they claim to be, but rather, are the perpetrators and are actually blame shifting; I expect that by the time I realize that, I'll also realize the advice I gave was only serving to enable said manipulative/gaslighting behavior from them. I expect to have to learn how to cope with setting my personal life aside to focus on helping others despite feeling emotionally overwhelmed by situations going on in my own life. I consider it possible that my own worldview could be threatened by the experiences I gain from counseling others; and with my worldview, also my internal foundations (I talked about this somewhat on the confession thread). I expect to face challenges that I don't expect.

I have a lot of predictions and foresight regarding the indefinite, but what I know definitively is that I am a resilient person and I always find a way to work through what comes at me. I embrace those challenges and obstacles, because by remaining persevering and gritty, those things will only make me a better and stronger person, and add insight and wisdom to me. Without that grit, yes, I agree that it's entirely possible it could ruin me. What I'm trying to say is, that isn't the kind of person I am.

Is there anything in particular you struggle with motivating yourself through? I'm usually really good at developing strategies and insights for this kind of thing. You're welcome to inquire, I'm willing to take a shot at helping you tackle it.
    Wow, great post dude. I see some of myself in this.

I'll keep you in mind if there is a struggle I want some feed back for. That's a nice offer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123