TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Exercises for mobility, function and pain relief

post exercises that have helped u or u think are particularly valuable

a lot of professionals on youtube and otherwise seem to have limited "static" knowledge meaning the exercises would be useful only for particular ppl but its passed on as general advice. its rigid and narrow minded, it doesnt address the issue holistically.

this is something that has helped me

https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had lower back pain, and running helps. Just engaging the whole body and getting the blood flowing. That sounds like holistic approach and it works for me.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't youtube these sorts of things, they come naturally.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Buying a more expensive pillow helped. In the $50-ish dollar range. With inflation it might be closer to $75-ish now idk lol. I can't really go back to cheap pillows usually because I notice more neck/back strain if I try to sleep on one.

I like Leslie Sansone videos lol. She's kind of a preppy athletic Normie bitch- but she's nice enough and her exercises are simple enough for me to follow and aren't crazy with the advanced moves that I could never do with laziness + 1D Se lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running is a great exercise but I would not recommend it for people with joint pain and mobility issues. Low impact, low-intensity training especially for a beginner.

Water Aerobics, light swimming, walking (maybe), and some forms of yoga incorporate isometric exercises as well as stretching. Some forms of foods exacerbate swelling and inflammation, like sugar.

Best avoid that as well, but everyone should really avoid refined sugars.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom works out really hard a lot, and I do some walking. The girl trainer is very motivating and guiding people to realize and wake up higher self soul searching to be a conqueror and master.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so important to find moves that work for YOU. One thing that's been very helpful for me is yoga. It's not just about flexibility but overall body awareness and balance. However, I've also had those moments when the pain crept back in if I wasn't practicing regularly. But luckily, I found an amazing remedy at releaf.co.uk. It's been a lifesaver, helping me say goodbye to the pain and boosting my overall well-being.
    Last edited by laurenewison; 10-13-2023 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try pilates. It's good for young and old alike, athletic to nonathletic, and recommended to everyone.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/...ealth-benefits

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    post exercises that have helped u or u think are particularly valuable
    Before shown on that video I'd recommend to warm up by simpler exercises: 1) tilts standing with touching a floor (>= 20), 2.1) standing to rotate knees clockwise and then contr-clockwise (>= 20 for every direction), 2.2) squatting keeping full foot on a floor (>= 20).

Backbone traumas happen after high weightes. When needed muscles were not good enough, so to train them is a way to reduce the risk of such pain problems and to make them lesser. Also, in traumatized places later may happen inflamations by different reasons (alike cold wind, much of load), which may return the pain on some time.
    If self-help will not work, can be tried "manual therapy" in a format pointed on the discussed problem (2-3 visits). More complex forms are not needed. It seems better to do not touch the neck there, if you had no problems related to it or secondary for the head.

Quote Originally Posted by laurenewison View Post
    One thing that's been very helpful for me is yoga. It's not just about flexibility but overall body awareness and balance.
    Related to term "yoga" has what may lead to problems, besides to help. Some excercises there may give strong load and such lead to traumas, including the backbone. There are examples, it's not a hypothesis. Besides physical part of "yoga" was used and developed by random people (more accented on mind state, than body health), by speculative methods and so may contain doubtful decisions for body health. That "yoga" was developed in times when people had more of physical activity than today city people (which may just sit hours per day), when the majority had better developed muscles for used excercises. It's similar alike to offer to do to non-trained one some actions common for athletic norms, - even if he'll do, he may get traumas after that as the body was not ready.
    Last edited by Sol; 10-13-2023 at 12:31 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just going on daily walks does a lot for overall health (provided the outdoor air is clean enough...). I've gotten better at balance just by standing on one foot from time to time.

I do need to figure out a way to incorporate some sort of strength training. Nothing amazing or anything, just some ways to keep myself functional for a long time yet.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I do pretty intensive Calisthenics and I love this one YouTube influencer who posts videos on this

https://youtu.be/a--_yI932uo?si=Mj1-5bE2U1JyY3Am
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cycling and swimming, good posture and stretching are really good.

Some stretching and holding each stretch for 60 seconds is what I do in the mornings before work, if I'm waiting for the helicopter, or something. Its crazy how limber it keeps me, even that one minute hold.

Cycling has been a lifelong sport and its easy on the joints and you get a lot of good power moves. I bike all the time and it keeps mobility attached to cardiovascular health.

Swimming takes the weight off and lets you flex around without the pressure of gravity. I'll swim as often as I can get to the pool or lake.

Having correct posture helps a lot as well. Sitting, standing, walking, I correct posture constantly but I've always done it. I think it helps with mobility.

Finally, just getting up and moving, walking, running, jumping on a trampoline, dancing, ect. Still waters stagnant, is what I always think. Water that is moving stays clean.