TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Choleric.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    *raises an eyebrow*

Top Ten Signs You Are a Type Eight by Suzyn Smith
    10. People tend to salute you, but you're not in the military.
    9. It looked like it was going to be a tough race, but after you ran the smear campaign, you were elected president of the garden club with ease
    8. They're still looking for the last guy who insulted your mother.
    7. You consider bingeing an attractive alternative lifestyle.
    6. You frequently threaten people with castration.
    5. You used to pass time in dull classes by arguing with the professor.
    4. You often use the word "masturbation" in casual social conversation.
    3. You were captain of your college rugby team.
    2. Konrad Lorenz's "On Aggression" reads like your autobiography.
    1. That Three over there could get elected, but YOU could run the country.
    I think there are a lot of 8's that these don't apply to.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I think there are a lot of 8's that these don't apply to.
    11. You are unable to recognise jokes.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    You may be SEE.
    not a chance. if there is one thing i'm fairly certain of it's my Fi polr. LOL

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-off topic-
    Arriba arriba andale!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    SEE

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or, ten reasons to hate them, like I do.
    I dislike Cholerics as whole. Of course, I see them as insensitive jerks who want to control me. That said, my little sister and my grandmother are Mel/Chlor, and I love them both (my sister is so sweet). *shrugs* I don't mind them until they turn their "Chloeric-ism" on me.

@ joy: *shrugs* I don't know much about 8's. Seems like they would turn me off in close proximity, though.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 02-20-2008 at 03:42 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took the test seriously and I scored evenly on the first 3, and zero on C...

I'm sang-melancholic, and can't stand cholerics. I think they should be cut out from the earth and we'd all live better.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post

I'm sang-melancholic
    <.< >.>

So either something's not converting properly, or there are "maskers" (people who subconsciously take on different habits due to life experiences) on this thread.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you ever heard of the terms, Sanguine, Melancholy, Choleric, and Phlegmatic? DiSC is another way of terming the same thing
    I can't believe it took until page 10 until someone on this forum piped in to witness the obvious. Thank you, RA.

DiSC is ancient four humors typology, re-packaged. Some companies buy typological, "employee communication skill programs" which use this simple 4D model, only with OTHER labels (e.g., Personalysis). Sometimes these types are replicated and divi'ed, e.g., as "Parent - Child - Adult", or other labels, to differentiate between different levels of psyche which may emerge, depending on stress levels, etc. Blah blah blah ... sort of like ego blocks, id, superego and superid in Model A ...

Anyway, then comes Kiersey who has already proposed a link between his temperament model with the classical four humors as follows:

Choleric (blood) => ("D") => NF Idealists
    Sanguine (yellow bile) => ("I") => SP Artisans
    Phlegmatic (phlegm) => ("S") => SJ Guardians
    Melancholic (black bile) => ("C") => NT Rationals

Bottom line is: the old typological slop that is most commonly now known as the DiSC was useful hundreds of years ago in the early beginnings of modern day type theory. It gave them a springboard.

Jung's work of identifying specific cognitive functions took these observations to the next, more refined level.

Then came MBTI, socionics, combining and examining the combos at deeper levels of precision.

(I am surprised. I thought all this information would be old-hat to you guys, since you're into typings ... perhaps age is relevant, and level of interest in this stuff ...)

Ultimately - IMO, DiSC is interesting to consider briefly so as to familiarize yourself with the model, but shouldn't be taken seriously compared to the more sophisticated models which have developed since. Its lens is far too vague. (Often like my own posts, ha!)

Hmm, heck, NOW I'm trying to remember which tarot suits are correlated with Kiersey's types, too. Was it, Pentacles (Diamonds) -> SJ, Swords (Spades) -> NT, Cups (Hearts) -> NF, Wands (Clubs) -> SP ? Hmm, seems right. The last two might be flipped, though.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky View Post
    Anyway, then comes Kiersey who has already proposed a link between his temperament model with the classical four humors as follows:

Choleric (blood) => ("D") => NF Idealists
    Sanguine (yellow bile) => ("I") => SP Artisans
    Phlegmatic (phlegm) => ("S") => SJ Guardians
    Melancholic (black bile) => ("C") => NT Rationals
    Oh, no. I cannot see INFPs as Choleric, nor ENFPs. You have NF and SJ switched. Sorry about being so emphatic; I'm touchy when it comes to sharply incorrect information (no reflection on you). Also, I agree with what others (elsewhere, not on here) have said: temperament and MBTI do not fit neatly together.

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky View Post
    (I am surprised. I thought all this information would be old-hat to you guys, since you're into typings ... perhaps age is relevant, and level of interest in this stuff ...)
    I'm a young thing, comparably speaking. That said, I was introduced to temperament 6 or so years ago.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, no. I cannot see INFPs as Choleric, nor ENFPs. You have NF and SJ switched. Sorry about being so emphatic; I'm touchy when it comes to sharply incorrect information (no reflection on you). Also, I agree with what others (elsewhere, not on here) have said: temperament and MBTI do not fit neatly together.
    I was only reporting what Kiersey proposed, eg as mentioned here http://www.keirsey.com/famous_idealists.aspx (ie, NF = Choleric) .

That doesn't mean I agree with this. As I already said, both models are gross approximations, IMO, so I don't get hung up on their details too much.

EDIT:

I'm a young thing, comparably speaking. That said, I was introduced to temperament 6 or so years ago.
    Could be. Tho` I 1st encountered DiSC/etc. back in h.s. ... Oh well. Different life experiences for everyone.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sang-melancholic, and can't stand cholerics. I think they should be cut out from the earth and we'd all live better.
    That means you're an I/S.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That means you're an I/S.
    Not really. Where do you get this from? Are you a DISC certified expert?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot see the EII's I've known fitting this description. They're like... the ultimate S's. The LII's I've known are more C-like. But what does leading have to do with being a C? You do know this isn't a leadership style test, right?
    I think I'm an EII and these were my scores:

D - 8
    I - 16
    S - 48
    C - 28

so your thoughts are consistent with me at least.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really. Where do you get this from? Are you a DISC certified expert?
    Certified? No, I've read the book. There's a lot of stuff that the website that test is on doesn't appear to explain.

Since I and C are opposites and you least relate to C, you are an I (this is explained in the book). Since you dislike the D temperament, you're S > D for your secondary (as explained in the book). Unless I misunderstood you.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certified? No, I've read the book. There's a lot of stuff that the website that test is on doesn't appear to explain.
    You read a book, so now you can qualify yourself as a super DiSC expert. Congratulations.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Keirsey states that SJs are Melancholic, not Phlegmatic.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I'm pretty sure Keirsey states that SJs are Melancholic, not Phlegmatic.
    I don't see how they relate, but

SP sanguinic
    SJ melancholic
    NF choleric
    NT phlegmatic

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SP sanguinic
    SJ melancholic
    NF choleric
    NT phlegmatic
    The freak? I am not Choleric! (is an _NFP in MB) Not very, anyway. Seriously, I cannot see dreamy, sensitive types being any bit Choleric. *stalks off to grumble*

Where would we be without Cholerics? They can be annoying, but they get things done. Someone has to motivate us less-self-starting types.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The freak? I am not Choleric! (is an _NFP in MB) Not very, anyway. Seriously, I cannot see dreamy, sensitive types being any bit Choleric. *goes off to grumble*
    KTT is totally retarded. I think Kiersey elaborated this fucking retarded theory in order to "surf" over the success of MBTT.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KTT is totally retarded. I think Kiersey elaborated this fucking retarded theory in order to "surf" over the success of MBTT.
    I have little problem with his theory - except his trying to equate MB to the 4 temperaments. Very opposed on that. That said, his was the first test to tell me ENFP (I usually got INFP or ISFP). So...I think he may be onto something, just not everything.

*realizes that constantly berating computer applications (albeit silently) is definitely not Sanguine*
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 02-21-2008 at 01:38 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SP sanguinic
    SJ melancholic
    NF choleric
    NT phlegmatic
    Read Please Understand Me II. Then you will understand how they relate. Alternatively, visit this page.

The freak? I am not Choleric! (is an _NFP in MB) Not very, anyway. Seriously, I cannot see dreamy, sensitive types being any bit Choleric. *stalks off to grumble*
    If you are an NF in KTT, you are a Choleric.

Have you ever read any Keirsey? If not, learn to understand before adding your opinion. If so, how is it retarded?

I have little problem with his theory - except his trying to equate MB to the 4 temperaments.
    Incorrect. KTT differs from MBTT. To find out how, refer to the notes in the back of Please Understand Me II, plus the introduction from the same book. Here you will find out how the two theories differ.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    If you are an NF in KTT, you are a Choleric.
    If those letters mean anything close to what they mean in MBTT or Socionics, that's absolutely ludicrous.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this sound like the below D descriptions to you?

Idealists are introspective and cooperative. Healers, Counselors, Champions and Teachers are the role variants contained within this category. Idealists seek meaning and significance and are concerned with finding their own unique identity. Their greatest strength is diplomatic intelligence. They excel at clarifying, unifying, individualizing, and inspiring.

Basic Motivation:

D: challenge, choices, control
    I: recognition, approval, popularity
    S: security, appreciation, assurance
    C: quality answers, excellence, value

Environment Needs:

D: freedom, authority, varied activities, difficult assignments, opportunity for advancement
    I: prestige, friendly relationships, opportunities to influence others, opportunities to inspire others, chance to verbalize ideas
    S: an area of specialization, identification with a group, established work pattern, stability of situation, consistent, familiar environment
    C: clearly-defined tasks and explanations, sufficient time and resources to accomplish tasks, team participation, limited risks, assignments that require planning and precision

Needs to learn that:

D: people are important, relaxation is not a crime, some controls are necessary, everyone has a boss, verbalizing conclusions helps others understand them better
    I: time must be managed, too much optimism can be harmful, listening is important, tasks must be completed, accountability is imperative
    S: change provides opportunity, friendship isn't everything, discipline is good, it is alright to say no, being a "servant" does not mean being a "sucker"
    C: total support is not always necessary, thorough explanation is not always possible, deadlines must be met, taking calculated risk can be profitable, there are varying degrees of excellence

Corresponds (imo) to:

D: enneagram 8, EJ, ExTx, Se valuing (most like LIE)
    I: enneagram 3 and 7, EP, ExFx (most like SEE)
    S: enneagram 2 and 6, IP, IxFx, weak Se (most like EII)
    C: enneagram 1 and 5, IJ, IxTx, weak Ne (most like LSI or possibly ESI, because C's are negativists)
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, I can see why SLE's confuse themselves with LIE's...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fieldma...ole_Variant%29
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Fieldmarshal too, and I'm LII. That's right : abstract-utilitarian-directive-expressive.

(for those who haven't seen the KTT-Socionics correlations : http://www.socioniko.net/en/articles/lytovs-intro3.html)

Basic Motivation:

D: challenge, choices, control
    I: recognition, approval, popularity
    S: security, appreciation, assurance
    C: quality answers, excellence, value

Environment Needs:

D: freedom, authority, varied activities, difficult assignments, opportunity for advancement
    I: prestige, friendly relationships, opportunities to influence others, opportunities to inspire others, chance to verbalize ideas
    S: an area of specialization, identification with a group, established work pattern, stability of situation, consistent, familiar environment
    C: clearly-defined tasks and explanations, sufficient time and resources to accomplish tasks, team participation, limited risks, assignments that require planning and precision
    I relate to those. I think I'm C/D. This could be explained by having as ignoring function.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't imagine how anyone with an F in their type could be primarily Choleric. Cholerics have the least-developed compassion of them all. I was also under the impression that they weren't as emotional.

*reads the socio thing and laughs* You should check out the IEE descrip. Most all of those pictures: you can see that...look in their eyes. Merry. *still laughing*
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't imagine how anyone with an F in their type could be primarily Choleric. Cholerics have the least-developed compassion of them all. I was also under the impression that they weren't as emotional.
    And ****** ?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And ******?
    Hm. Is he primarily D?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. Is he primarily D?
    Maybe. He could be an aggressive primary I as well.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. He could be an aggressive primary I as well.
    I admit you have me in a bind with the ****** explanation. However, as usual, I will dig. ^.^ I don't know which he is, primarily; I do think, though, that he does have definite I. That said, he's probably D first. Try to envision an "I" doing what he did. Does it make your brain hurt, too?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it make your brain hurt, too?
    No.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.
    A large amount of the time, primary "I"s don't stick with something.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 02-22-2008 at 04:11 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A large amount of the time, primary "I"s don't stick with something.
    SEE's may be I, and still be very stubborn.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE's may be I, and still be very stubborn.
    Hm. *shrugs* I have a hard time equating this with what I've learned over the years. When you say stubborn, are you referring to follow-through?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. *shrugs* I have a hard time equating this with what I've learned over the years. When you say stubborn, are you referring to follow-through?
    I mean sticking to things, like most Static types do.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean sticking to things, like most Static types do.
    Same thing. "Sticking to things"...what's that? ^.^

Seriously, though, I don't know. I see the discrepancy, but for me, it will take more evidence to shake me. That, by the way, is a statement of fact, not a challenge.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

D: 20
    I: 24
    S: 28
    C: 28

All of my scores ended up in the low (below 30) range. Usually on other DISC tests, my C score is high, the I score is low and the D and S vary depending on the test.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I changed my mind. I think I'm C/I because I'm not bossy like some Preservational Fives may do. I don't intimidate others, and I'm quite friendly.

I thought of something : S/D and D/S are possible. I'm thinking of Preservational Fours and Intimate Sixes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast