Thread: DISC assessment test and correlations with Socionics

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    hah, yeah, i'm getting the idea that this is the appealing aspect for a lot of people.
    If so, that may be because they haven't read the negative aspects described in the book. It says something along the lines of "you need to learn how to stop being an asshole and treating people like shit".
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Like Joy said, it's outgoing vs. reserved. I was introduced to the 4-temperament system first as well, and I've been reading about it over a span of about 5 or 6 years.
    I'm C-high, and I'm outgoing.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    I'm C-high, and I'm outgoing.
    Makes no sense, according to those theories. This said, I'm a less social I (I can communicate, but I prefer having a reason to approach people). What's your secondary?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes no sense, according to those theories. This said, I'm a less social I (I can communicate, but I prefer having a reason to approach people). What's your secondary?
    I hesitate between S and D.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hesitate between S and D.
    Huh. I don't know you, so I can't say anything for certain. You could read descriptions for both and see what happens.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    If so, that may be because they haven't read the negative aspects described in the book. It says something along the lines of "you need to learn how to stop being an asshole and treating people like shit".
    yeah, i think some people thrive in their perceived assholery.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basic Motivation:

D: challenge, choices, control
    I: recognition, approval, popularity
    S: security, appreciation, assurance
    C: quality answers, excellence, value

Environment Needs:

D: freedom, authority, varied activities, difficult assignments, opportunity for advancement
    I: prestige, friendly relationships, opportunities to influence others, opportunities to inspire others, chance to verbalize ideas
    S: an area of specialization, identification with a group, established work pattern, stability of situation, consistent, familiar environment
    C: clearly-defined tasks and explanations, sufficient time and resources to accomplish tasks, team participation, limited risks, assignments that require planning and precision

Needs to learn that:

D: people are important, relaxation is not a crime, some controls are necessary, everyone has a boss, verbalizing conclusions helps others understand them better
    I: time must be managed, too much optimism can be harmful, listening is important, tasks must be completed, accountability is imperative
    S: change provides opportunity, friendship isn't everything, discipline is good, it is alright to say no, being a "servant" does not mean being a "sucker"
    C: total support is not always necessary, thorough explanation is not always possible, deadlines must be met, taking calculated risk can be profitable, there are varying degrees of excellence

Corresponds (imo) to:

D: enneagram 8, EJ, ExTx, Se valuing (most like LIE)
    I: enneagram 3 and 7, EP, ExFx (most like SEE)
    S: enneagram 2 and 6, IP, IxFx, weak Se (most like EII)
    C: enneagram 1 and 5, IJ, IxTx, weak Ne (most like LSI or possibly ESI, because C's are negativists)
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basic Motivation:

D: challenge, choices, control
    I: recognition, approval, popularity
    S: security, appreciation, assurance
    C: quality answers, excellence, value

Environment Needs:

D: freedom, authority, varied activities, difficult assignments, opportunity for advancement
    I: prestige, friendly relationships, opportunities to influence others, opportunities to inspire others, chance to verbalize ideas
    S: an area of specialization, identification with a group, established work pattern, stability of situation, consistent, familiar environment
    C: clearly-defined tasks and explanations, sufficient time and resources to accomplish tasks, team participation, limited risks, assignments that require planning and precision

Needs to learn that:

D: people are important, relaxation is not a crime, some controls are necessary, everyone has a boss, verbalizing conclusions helps others understand them better
    I: time must be managed, too much optimism can be harmful, listening is important, tasks must be completed, accountability is imperative
    S: change provides opportunity, friendship isn't everything, discipline is good, it is alright to say no, being a "servant" does not mean being a "sucker"
    C: total support is not always necessary, thorough explanation is not always possible, deadlines must be met, taking calculated risk can be profitable, there are varying degrees of excellence

Corresponds (imo) to:

D: enneagram 8, EJ, ExTx, Se valuing (most like LIE)
    I: enneagram 3 and 7, EP, ExFx (most like SEE)
    S: enneagram 2 and 6, IP, IxFx, weak Se (most like EII)
    C: enneagram 1 and 5, IJ, IxTx, weak Ne (most like LSI or possibly ESI, because C's are negativists)
    EII's are most likely C, and LSI's are most likely D.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see LSI's as D's (that probably works better, now that I think about it), but I the EII's I've know are S > C. C's are more like... ESI's, LII's, and ILI's.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't fit properly in these little categories.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I don't fit properly in these little categories.
    Whatever. DiSC is retarded, and is meant to be used by retards.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see LSI's as D's (that probably works better, now that I think about it), but I the EII's I've know are S > C. C's are more like... ESI's, LII's, and ILI's.
    ILI's are certainly the most S of all S's. They ask for being led by some SEE's because they're lazy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, FTR, I was D52, I24, S4 and C20 or something. I and C could've been swapped around.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D: 60
    I: 32
    S: 4
    C: 4

first two scores were in the middle range, last two on the left side of the continuum. not a bad test, pretty accurate.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    D: 60
    I: 32
    S: 4
    C: 4

first two scores were in the middle range, last two on the left side of the continuum. not a bad test, pretty accurate.
    You may be SEE.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally find D descriptions the most difficult to understand. It could be that my idea of a D is really D/C or C/D. I always think of them as motivated to do whatever task they're given.

Never could figure out whether I should be I/S or I/D.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    your categorical remarks often cut throat to great possibilities.
    you lack sense of playfulness

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What hypothesis, dee?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only problem I see with that is that I have none of those in my Ego. I'm . However, I admit that I use Fe a lot; it regulates my behavior in public.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little confused, but I understand it somewhat. I get that they represent valued functions. I just don't get how it relates to anything else. Or is it supposed to?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my last hypothesis was that they only point to valued functions (not necessarily strong), see my previous post for which.
    But then ILI's may be D-high ? that doesn't make sense. They aren't "dominant", they're just hostile.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ On Ds appreciating this test.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No clue. I was just referencing the "hostile" comment back to that D-related one.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder which temperaments (as in DiSC temperaments) occur the most across each... whatever they're called. I don't think it's "types".
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally find D descriptions the most difficult to understand. It could be that my idea of a D is really D/C or C/D. I always think of them as motivated to do whatever task they're given.

Never could figure out whether I should be I/S or I/D.
    No way. Think enneagram 8. It's an almost perfect correlation.

that this is a test for valued functions, or, essentially, a quadra test (maybe that's how it was so pop):

"dominance" -> Se
    "compliance" (read further) -> Si
    "influence" -> Fe
    "steadiness" -> Te

read what Joy copied from website for more insight into the "four words".
    S is not Te. No fucking way. And you should probably stop using those words to describe D, I, S, and C. It seems to be confusing you.

SEE's are the epitome of I, btw.

ILI's are certainly the most S of all S's. They ask for being led by some SEE's because they're lazy.
    Yeah, I could see S's as ILI's, too. Pretty much any introverted type with weak or unvalued Se could be an S. I can't see a healthy Se ego type being an S though.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder which temperaments (as in DiSC temperaments) occur the most across each... whatever they're called. I don't think it's "types".
    Yeah, temperaments.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Needs to learn that:

change provides opportunity, friendship isn't everything, discipline is good, it is alright to say no, being a "servant" does not mean being a "sucker"
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I could see S's as ILI's, too. Pretty much any introverted type with weak or unvalued Se could be an S. I can't see a healthy Se ego type being an S though.
    LII's and EII's are more C-like than S-like because they are interested in leading (and usually competent at leading, when there's no rebellion or such), though they're less pushy than LSI's or LIE's.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII's and EII's are more C-like than S-like because they are interested in leading (and usually competent at leading, when there's no rebellion or such), though they're less pushy than LSI's or LIE's.
    I cannot see the EII's I've known fitting this description. They're like... the ultimate S's. The LII's I've known are more C-like. But what does leading have to do with being a C? You do know this isn't a leadership style test, right?
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot see the EII's I've known fitting this description. They're like... the ultimate S's.
    I was thinking of an EII-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    You do know this isn't a leadership style test, right?
    Then what does it test ? The ability to have a life or something ?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of an EII-1.
    I haven't known any. I'm not saying it's impossible though, of course.

Then what does it test ? The ability to have a life or something ?
    It's just a theory about temperaments. No temperament is better than any other, and there's no specific area that it qualifies people in like that. The profiles talk more about what type of leader each type responds best to than what type of leader they are, and all of them have lives. I'm not sure how you came to hear about this theory initially, but I'm guess the way it was used by whoever tested you is what's given you such a bad impression of it.
    SEE

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*nods* Certain types are more likely to lead, though. IE, they're the ones to step up and take leadership. That said, I've read S's make great leaders, but it has to be forced upon them (they won't go for it on their own).

Machintruc, have you ever heard of the terms, Sanguine, Melancholy, Choleric, and Phlegmatic? DiSC is another way of terming the same thing (the idea was to make terms that were easier to remember).
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*nods* Certain types are more likely to lead, though. IE, they're the ones to step up and take leadership. That said, I've read S's make great leaders, but it has to be forced upon them (they won't go for it on their own).

Machintruc, have you ever heard of the terms, Sanguine, Melancholy, Choleric, and Phlegmatic? DiSC is another way of terming the same thing (the idea was to make terms that were easier to remember).
    I'm Phlegmatic, and I'm C. But you may be Phlegmatic and D.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Phlegmatic, and I'm C. But you may be Phlegmatic and D.
    *cocks head to the side* Phlegmatic-?. What's your secondary?

I come out either Sanguine/Melancholy or Melancholy/Sanguine, usually.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*cocks head to the side* Phlegmatic-?. What's your secondary?
    I'm thinking of Choleric because I'm stable, but high-strung and quick to anger.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking of Choleric because I'm stable, but high-strung and quick to anger.
    Remind me to stay out of your way.

See, that's my problem. I'm definitely Sanguine. I have some Phleg tendencies (I can be quiet and withdrawn into myself, and I sometimes have a high patience level. I also adapt well), but I, too, am high-strung in some ways, and at home, my temper flashes pretty easily (it takes a lot anywhere else to reach the same level). That said, quick flashes can be Sanguine. It's difficult for me to tell whether I have that many Phleg tendencies or whether I'm a San/Chlor that went Phleg.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just took this and got:

D=16
    I=44
    S=20
    C=20
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I just took this and got:
    I=44
    Kindred! *glomps*
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way. Think enneagram 8 [for D]. It's an almost perfect correlation.
    *raises an eyebrow*

Top Ten Signs You Are a Type Eight by Suzyn Smith
    10. People tend to salute you, but you're not in the military.
    9. It looked like it was going to be a tough race, but after you ran the smear campaign, you were elected president of the garden club with ease
    8. They're still looking for the last guy who insulted your mother.
    7. You consider bingeing an attractive alternative lifestyle.
    6. You frequently threaten people with castration.
    5. You used to pass time in dull classes by arguing with the professor.
    4. You often use the word "masturbation" in casual social conversation.
    3. You were captain of your college rugby team.
    2. Konrad Lorenz's "On Aggression" reads like your autobiography.
    1. That Three over there could get elected, but YOU could run the country.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*raises an eyebrow*

Top Ten Signs You Are a Type Eight by Suzyn Smith
    10. People tend to salute you, but you're not in the military.
    9. It looked like it was going to be a tough race, but after you ran the smear campaign, you were elected president of the garden club with ease
    8. They're still looking for the last guy who insulted your mother.
    7. You consider bingeing an attractive alternative lifestyle.
    6. You frequently threaten people with castration.
    5. You used to pass time in dull classes by arguing with the professor.
    4. You often use the word "masturbation" in casual social conversation.
    3. You were captain of your college rugby team.
    2. Konrad Lorenz's "On Aggression" reads like your autobiography.
    1. That Three over there could get elected, but YOU could run the country.
    Or, ten reasons to hate them, like I do.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast